WBPSC JE Result 2017 can be checked online. Result of West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Junior Engineer (JE) Recruitment 2016-17 is declared in two stages – exam and personality test. WBPSC Junior Engineer Result 2017 of written exam held on 19 Jun 2016 indicates list of candidates who have qualified for interview. They can download admit card of WBPSC JE interview or personality test. After personality test is held for shortlisted candidates, the Commission is to declare final WBPSC Result. Selected and eligible candidates will get recruitment to posts of Junior Engineers (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical) in West Bengal Sub Ordinate Service of Engineers.
Latest – List of Candidates called for Personality Test in Mechanical Engineering Branch has been announced. Scroll down to check.
Schedule for mechanical Engineering
|WBPSC JE 2017 exam date||June 19, 2016|
|Declaration of WBPSC Junior Engineer Result 2017||August 12, 2016|
|Date for Personality Test (Interview) for Mechanical Engineering||11 Oct 2017 onwards|
WBPSC Junior Engineer (JE) Written Exam Result 2017
West Bengal Public Service Commission conducted recruitment exam. A large percentage of applicants appeard for exam. Depending upon cut off fixed by Commission, candidates who rank high in merit is declared as qualified in WBPSC JE Result 2016.
Check result here –
- Click here to check List of Candidates called to Personality Test in Civil Engineering Branch. – Announced on 12 Aug 2016.
- Click here to check List of Candidates called to Personality Test in Electrical Engineering Branch – Announced on 31 Jan 2017.
- Click here to check List of Candidates called to Personality Test in Mechanical Engineering Branch – Announced on 12 Sep 2017.
Official websites are pscwb.org.in and pscwbonline.gov.in.
Note: Due to technical reasons, website where result file is uploaded could be slow. Please be patient and do not panic if page does not open initially. Refresh result file and open it to check result.
Marks for exam and interview
Important details regarding WBPSC JE Result 2017
- Candidates can check result of WBPSC Junior Engineer (JE) 2017 on website of Commission. Details such as name or roll number and date of birth are not required to check result.
- Marks are given to candidates, in written exam, out of 200. Whereas for personality test, marks prescribed is 100.
- Shortlisted / qualified candidates can go through instructions given (in result write up) to complete formalities for next stage or selection.
- It is important to realize that even if candidates’ names are in list, but they are not eligible, then their candidature will be cancelled at any stage of selection.
West Bengal Public Service Commission will decide exact number of vacancies. Vacancy details highlighting posts and vacancy of each will be determined to be filled on basis of WBPSC Junior Engineer Result 2016. Here we can point out that reservation will be applicable as per govt norms. There are posts reserved for SC, ST, BC, PWD candidates. Candidates who are from outside West Bengal will be treated as General candidates even if they belong to SC / ST / BC category.
WBPSC Junior Engineer (JE) Final Result 2017
Final Merit List after Interview of WBPSC JE 2017 has been declared. Recommendation will be made according to Merit Position, preferences given by the candidates in “Choice Sheet” at the time of interview and available vacancies. The direct link to check merit list after interview is given below.
Check final result here – Click here to check merit list after interview for civil engineering.
List of candidates have been recommended for appointment
Procedure to check WBPSC Junior Engineer (JE) Result 2017
Usually WBPSC declares result in form of uploaded files containing details of qualified candidates. If such a method is carried out for WBPSC JE Result 2016 also, then candidate can follow two simple steps to check result. These steps are elaborated below.
- Go to official website of WBPSC Recruitment and locate result for Junior Engineer (JE) 2017. Click on result file. (Note: Instead of this step, candidates can click on check result link given on this page).
- Search name and roll number in result file. If name and roll number are there then candidate has qualified.
However, in case result is available on log in, different method will be used.
- Step 1 remains same as above. Only this time, instead of file, a log in page will open.
- Enter login credentials such as name / roll number, date of birth.
Note following important points while checking WBPSC Junior Engineer Result 2017.
- Roll number and name should be corresponding to each other. Only then candidate will have qualified.
- There could be more than one candidate with same name. However roll numbers are unique.
- Candidates can print result of WBPSC JE 2016 after it is published by West Bengal Public Service Commission.
Details mentioned in result
- Roll number
Details of marks and cut offs may also be published alongside.
About the selection process
West Bengal Public Service Commission is selecting candidates based on a two stage selection process. The written exam is of 200 marks involving multiple choice questions on WBPSC JE Syllabus. Depending upon branch opted for (Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering), candidates will have attempted questions to help WBPSC assess their knowledge. It is then decided by the Commission what the WBPSC Junior Engineer Cut Off 2017 would be. Accordingly qualified candidates are shortlisted for interviews.
Personality test – WBPSC JE interview 2017 is of 100 marks. Those who have been selected on basis of results of written exam will be able to download WBPSC JE Admit Card 2016 for Interview and appear for it.
Final merit list – Preparation of merit list will be based on total marks obtained in written exam and personality test.
This page is being updated with details of WBPSC JE Result 2017.
If you have any queries regarding WBPSC Junior Engineer (JE) Result 2017, please ask in comments below.