APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission publishes the recruitment notification for the post of the Assistant Engineer in various departments through psc.ap.gov.in. Candidates can apply after checking eligibility conditions through the website only. The eligibility condition for different posts is mentioned in the official notice. The selection of candidates is made through an initial screening test and the main exam. All the information related to APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020 is available on this page. page.
Latest: Official notification of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020 is releasing soon at APPSC
APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
All desirous and eligible applicants shall apply online after satisfying themselves that they are eligible as per the terms and conditions of this recruitment. The Commission conducts the initial screening test only if the number of candidates exceed 25000. Check out the complete schedule related to the event below.
|Online Application Starts||Oct 2020|
|Last date for Online Application||Oct 2020|
|Screening Test||Dec 2020|
|Main Examination||Feb 2020|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||Jan 2020|
Eligibility Condition For APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
The complete eligibility conditions are mentioned in the official notice. Candidates must meet the below mentioned educational qualifications and the age limitations in order to apply for APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020.
- Candidates must be at least of 18 years of age. The maximum age is 40 years.
- The minimum and maximum age is specified for different post codes
- Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree/Diploma in relevant field of engineering
- The specific educational qualification related to each post is mentioned in the official notice.
Application Process Of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
Candidates need to apply online for the APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020. The application form is released through the website and candidates have to register first, make the payment of fees and then apply for the posts. Interested candidates are advised to first check the eligibility criteria for the post of Assistant Engineer. The following instructions can be referred to in order to apply for APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020.
- Go to the website of APPSC
- Complete the OPTR process
- Login with the username and password
- Make the payment of fees
- Complete the application form
- Make final submission.
An application fee of Rs. 250 and an exam fee of Rs.80 must be paid by candidates during the online application process. However, specific candidates belonging to recognized reserved categories are exempted from the payment of the exam fees only. Check out the details below.
- SC, ST, BC, PH & Ex-Service Men.
- Families having Household Supply White Card issued by Civil Supplies Department, A.P. Government (Resident of A.P).
- Unemployed youth in the age group of 18 to 40 years and they have to submit the declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission.
- Applicants belonging to the categories mentioned above (except PH & Ex-Service Men) from others states are not entitled to claiming any kind of reservation.
Mode of Payment
- The Fee mentioned in the above paragraph is to be paid online using Payment Gateway using Net Banking/ Credit card / Debit Card.The list of Banks providing service for the purpose of online remittance Fee will be appended separately.
- The fee once remitted shall not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances. Failure to pay the examination fee, application fee will entail total rejection of application.
- IPOs / Demand Drafts are not accepted.
Exam Pattern Of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
A two stage selection exam is held for APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020. The candidates must appear in an offline screening test at first and then in an online main exam. The complete exam pattern of both stages of exam can be checked from below.
1. Screening Test (Objective Type)
There will be 2 section in the Screening Test
- Section I: General Studies & Mental Ability.
- Section II: Environmental Engineering / Civil Engineering (Degree Standard) / Civil/ Mechanical (Common) (Diploma Standard)
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Section I||50||50||150 Min|
Note: The screening test will be likely to be held on 18 Dec 2016 in case number of applicants exceed 25,000.
2. Main Examination
- Paper I: General Studies & Mental Ability.
- Paper II: Environmental Engineering / Civil Engineering (Degree Standard) / Civil/ Mechanical (Common) (Diploma Standard)
|Paper||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||150||150||150 Min|
|Paper II||150||150||150 Min|
Preparation Tips For APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
Candidates are advised to start early preparations to ensure that they can cover the entire syllabus in time. The following preparation tips and strategies can be followed to ensure that the outcomes of the preparation and study strategy are fruitful in a way to succeed in the APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment exam.
- Make a study plan and stick to it. Allocate sufficient time to each subject/topic and try to complete each subject within the specified timeline.
- Refer to previous year question papers to get common questions. One can also check the marks distribution in each section and understand the changes in the exam pattern by doing so.
- Solve mock tests to improve time management skills. Set the duration of the exam in a timer and then attempt to solve the mock test as per schedule.
- Candidates can make short notes and use them to revise subjects during the last few days as it serves to improve the capacity to remember important dates and events.
Mock tests For APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
The mock TEST facility is provided to the applicants to acquaint themselves with the computer-based recruitment test. Applicant shall visit the website and practice the answering pattern under MOCK TEST option available on main page of website.
Admit Card Of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
The Commission releases separate admit cards for each stage of the exam. Therefore, separate admit cards are available for the screening test and the main exam. It is released almost a week before the exam date. Candidates must download the same from the official website as per schedule by logging in with the credentials generated during the online application process.
The admit card contains the details of individual candidates and exam date, venue and time. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center on the day of the exam failing which, candidates are barred from entering the exam center.
Exam Centre of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
The Screening Test and Main Examination will be held at all the districts in Andhra Pradesh and Hyderabad. The applicants may choose the exam centres wilt three preferences. However the commissions reserves the right to allot the applicants to any centre of examination depending on the availability of the resources like centres / Systems.
Selection Process Of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
Selection process in APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020 includes two stages of exam as follows.
- Screening Test
- Main Examination
The screening test is conducted offline only in case the number of applicants exceed 25000. This is qualifying in nature and candidates must qualify in the screening test to be eligible for the main exam.
The main exam is conducted online and contains objective type question paper. Those who qualify in the main exam are eligible to appear in the final interview stage. The minimum marks to qualify the main exam are as follows
- For OC Category – 40%
- For BC Category – 35%
- For SC/ST/PH Category – 30%
The final selection is through a final interview and document verification stage in which, the qualifiers of the main exam are summoned. Those who qualify are offered appointment into various posts as advertised by the Commission.
Answer Key of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
The answer keys contain the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exams conducted for selection into the APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020. The answer keys are released in two stages i.e. the provisional answer keys and the final revised answer keys. At first the provisional keys are released following which, the Commission allow candidates to raise objections against any discrepancies. This is allowed only for a limited time period following which, the Commission rectifies any mistakes in the answer keys and releases the final answer keys.
Result of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
The results of the APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020 is released through the Commission’s website after each stage of exam. It contains the shortlist of selected candidates in the form of a merit list. Candidates can check the results from the website as per schedule after the release of the final answer keys for the particular stage of exam. Candidates are selected through the two stages of exam and those who qualify through the mains qualify to appear in the final interview. At this stage, candidates re also required to produce original documents and testimonials following which, final qualifiers are intimated through the final result.
Disclaimer: The information presented on this page is updated as per the previous iteration of the exam. Candidates can check the latest updates of APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020 as updated by the Commission on this page.
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) is entrusted with the duty to conduct the prestigious civil services exam in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the state level public service commission of Andhra Pradesh. Besifes the civil services for the state, the Commission also conducts various other recruitment for different gazetted and non gazetted posts. The Commission is also entrusted to act as an advisory body to the state government regarding various people management and recruitment matters.
|Advt. No. 9 Sep 2016||Click Here|
|Advt. no. 10 Oct 2016||Click Here|
Leave a Reply