BARC Recruitment 2016-17 – Government of India, Nuclear Recycle Board, Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) Personnel Division has issued notifications for the recruitment of 168 Stipendiary Trainee, Technician & Upper Division Clerk vacancies in various trades on temporary basis and recruitment as Scientific Officers ( Group-A post of Government of India) through its academic programs OCES-2017 and DGFS-2017.
All the important information of the BARC Recruitment 2016-17 is available on the official website or on this page like application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, important dates, admit card, result, etc. So, candidates are advised to check or read all the information carefully before applying.
Latest – For Recruitment of 168 Stipendiary Trainee, Technician & UDC – List of Candidates Qualified in Written Test held on 01.07.2017 and selected for Skill Test has been announced.
On this page we have covered the following two recruitment
#1 Notification for Recruitment of 168 Stipendiary Trainee, Technician & Upper Division Clerk vacancies in various trades on temporary basis.
#2 Notification for Recruitment as Scientific Officers ( Group-A post of Government of India) through its academic programs OCES-2017 and DGFS-2017.
|Advertisement for Stipendiary Trainee||Click Here|
|Advertisement for Scientific Officers||Notification | Brochure|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
BARC Recruitment 2016 – 2017
Interested candidates can apply online for BARC Recruitment 2016-17. All the important details related to BARC Recruitment is given on this page. So, candidates first check the details especially the eligibility criteria and then apply online.
Vacancy Details for Stipendiary Trainee
Total No. of Vacancies – 157 + 11
|Online Application Starts||19 Nov 2016|
|Last date of Application||13 Dec 2016|
|Last date for submission of the Fee||13 Dec 2016|
|Date of Stage I & II Written Exam||01 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Written Exam Result||14 Jul 2017|
|Launching of Online Application Portal for OCES/DGFS-2017||23 Jan 2017|
|Last date for Online Application|
|Submission of Options for Online Examination Slot||
26 Feb 2017 to 06 Mar 2017 (6:00 PM)
|Download of Admit Card for Online Examination||
11 – 17 Mar 2017
20 to 26 Mar 2017
|Last date for candidates to upload their GATE score||02 Apr 2017|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||14 Apr 2017|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||17 to 20 Apr 2017|
|Selection Interviews||17 May to 16 Jun 2017|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2017 on Online Application Portal||Last week of June, 2017|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2017 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech/ M.Chem.Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||04 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of List of Persons Selected for DGFS-2017 on Online Application Portal||2nd week of July, 2017|
Application Form 2016 – 2017
Application form is available on the official website as per the schedule. Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online from the official website.
Application Process is over now for Scientific Officers.
- A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 500 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2017, may also apply.
- If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are awaiting final results will be allowed to commence course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programs is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS-2017 program, being submitted by Nov 30, 2017 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows.
Application Process is over now for Stipendiary Trainee.
Application Fee was Rs. 100/-
- Fee is exempted for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, PWD candidates, Ex-service men and Women candidates.
- With regard to application fee, the candidate may download the three fold challan from the BARC website www.barcrecruit.gov.in and make the payment in any branch of State Bank of India. The portion of the challan marked “Institution copy” should be submitted by the candidate at the time of document verification.
- After submission of online application, details of payment of fees may be uploaded in ‘www.barcrecruit.gov.in/ MyAccount/ApplicationFee’. Challan date should not be later than 13 Dec 2016.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances and cannot be held in reserve for any other examination.
The candidates are required to bring printout of online application, admit card (to be downloaded from the website) & original certificates along with the self attested copies of certificates mentioned below at the time of written exam.
1. For Stipendiary Trainee
- For Post No. 1, HSc in Science stream (with Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects) with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- For Post No. 2 to 19, SSC (with Science and Maths) with a minimum 60 % marks in aggregate PLUS trade certificate in Attendant Operator (Chemical Plant) / Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant)/ Fitter / Machinist / Maintenance Mechanic (Chemical Plant) / Welder (GMAW & GTAW) / Turner / A/C Mechanic/ Instrument Mechanic (Chemical Plant) / Electrician/Electronic Mechanic/ Mechanic Automobile (Advanced Diesel Engine) / Mechanic (Repairs& maintenance of Heavy Vehicle / Mechanic (Motor Vehicle) / Mason/ Painter / Plumber / Carpenter.
- The candidates should meet any of the following requirements as regards Trade Certificate:
- NTC (ITI pass out) of two year duration. OR
- NAC of Two years duration under Apprenticeship Training Scheme OR
- NTC (ITI pass out) of one year duration plus one year work experience after the completion of course. OR
- NTC (ITI pass out) of one-year duration plus NAC of minimum one year duration under Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
18 years Miniand 22 Years Max as on 13 Dec 2016.
- Minimum Height : 160 cms.
- Minimum weight : 45.5 Kg (Relaxable if the candidate is otherwise medically fit)
2. For Technician/C (Boiler Operator)
- SSC + I Class Boiler Attendant’s Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
18 years Minimum and 25 Years Maximum as on 13 Dec 2016
3. Upper Division Clerk
- A degree (Graduate) in Arts, Science or Commerce of a recognized university or equivalent with an aggregate of 50% marks. Desirable Qualifications:
- Minimum speed of 30 w.p.m in typewriting in English.
- Knowledge of Computer Application, Data Entry & Data Processing.
18 years Minimum and 27 Years Max as on 13 Dec 2016.
4. For Scientific Officers
- Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES I DGFS-2017, Candidates please refer the Notification / Information Brochure given above on this page.
Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2017):
- a) General Category – 26 years,
- b) OBC – 29 years,
- c) SC/ST – 31 years,
- d) Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) – 31 years,
- e) Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) – 31 years.
1. For Stipendiary Trainee and Technician/C (Boiler Operator)
The selection process will consist of test in 3 stages. (Stage 1 & 2 – Written Test and Stage 3 – Trade Test) There will be negative marking for the written test.
Stage 1- Preliminary Test : Questions will be on Mathematics, Science and General Awareness.
Stage 2 – Advanced test : Candidates clearing Preliminary Test will be eligible for Advanced Test (Questions will be from the respective trades).
Stage 3 – Skill Test : Only for those candidates who have cleared the Stage-2 test and will be on go/no-go basis.
2. For Upper Division Clerk
Selection will be made on the basis of qualifying in the following written examination.
- Written Test (objective type) :
- Paper – I (General English )
- Paper – II (General Knowledge & Elementary Arithmetic)
3. For Scientific Officers
Selection to OCES/DGFS – 2017is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates.
Screening for Selection Interviews is based on two alternative methods:
On the basis of Online Examination:
- Online Examination will be conducted in March, 2017 in each of the nine Engineering disciplines and five Science disciplines in more than forty cities spread across India.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
- Candidates who register for the Online Examination will be able to choose their examination centre as well as date and time of the session in which they wish to appear for the Online Examination, subject to availability. Allocation of slot to candidates for taking the Online Examination will be done on a first come, first served basis.
On the basis of GATE score
- Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE- 2016 or GATE-2017 scorein the applicable GATE subject. Applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be screened in only on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in March, 2017.
Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai (in all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics) and Hyderabad (in Geology and Geophysics). Outstation applicants will bepaid two-way second-class sleeper train fare,from their registered residential address, by shortest route or actual fare whichever is less.
Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2017. Short-listed candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability in April, 2017. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection Interview on their registered email addresses and mobile numbersas well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process. Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
Final Selection for the OCES/DGFS-2017 programs will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally (subject to medical fitness) selected candidates will be displayed on this website in the last week of June, 2017. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
Candidates selected for OCES-2017, who have obtained admission for applicable M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. programs in DGFS Institutes and who wish to be considered for DGFS, must provide details of their M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg.admission by July 4, 2017.