The Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) is India’s premier nuclear research facility headquartered in Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra. BARC is a multi-disciplinary research center with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development covering the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas. The programs offered in BRAC 2018 are One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES) and Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS). OCES for the academic year 2018-2019 (OCES-2018) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad. Whereas, DGFS or the academic session beginning in July/August 2018 (DGFS-2018) will have Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training Schools’ programs and who have also independently secured admission for M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. in select Institutes and specializations will be admitted.
BARC Recruitment 2018
Interested candidates can apply online for BARC Recruitment 2018. All the important details related to BARC Recruitment is given on this page. So, candidates first check the details especially the eligibility criteria and then apply online. To start with, given below some of the important dates of the event.
|Online Application Starts for OCES/DGFS-2018||01 Jan 2018|
|Last date for Registration of Online Application||04 Feb 2018|
|Last date for submission of Online Application||05 Feb 2018|
|Download of Admit Card for Online Examination||26 Feb 2018|
|Online Examination||28 Mar-3 Apr 2018|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview
on Online Application Portal
|18 Apr 2018|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to
select Interview Slot for qualified candidates
|20-25 Apr 2018|
|Selection Interviews||16 May-15 Jun 2018|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for
OCES-2018 on Online Application Portal
|Last week of Jun 2018|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2018 Candidates
desirous of DGFS to give details of
M.Tech/ M.Chem.Engg. admission in a DGFS institute
|04 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2018
on Online Application Portal
|2nd week of July, 2018|
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Name of Course(s):
- One-Year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the year 2018-2019 (OCES-2018).
- Two-Year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the years 2018 – 2020 (DGFS – 2018).
Name of Organization: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Training Schools
Eligibiliy Criteria: Indian Citizen, B.Tech in relevant field.
Age Limit: 18-26 years
Pay Scale: ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix.
Application form is available on the official website currently. Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online from the official website. There is no room for Offline applications so, candidates have to apply online. More details about the process, how to apply etc. is given in the application form page.
- A non-refundable Application Fee of ₹ 500 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2018, may also apply. If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are awaiting final results will be allowed to commence course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programs is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS-2018 program, being submitted by Nov 30, 2018 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows.
A. Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS- 2018:
For Engineering Disciplines (codes ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN, CE, NE):
- i. B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines mentioned below.
- It is to be noted that there is no Training discipline called ‘Nuclear Engineering’ and applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be allotted RSE at the the BARC Training School, Mumbai or ME or CH at the BARC Training Schools at Mumbai, Kalpakkam or NFC-Hyderabad, as their Training Scheme.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2017 or GATE-2018 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. The applicable GATE subjects are listed in the table below.
- Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Automotive, Industrial Production, Automotive, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics / Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. are not eligible.
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
B. Admission to DGFS:
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in the Engineering disciplines (ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN & CE) or in Physics (PH) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they are selected for OCES-2018 and additionally secure admission for M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2018 in select Institutes and in specializations listed in the table given below.
- Confirmation of M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. admission should be communicated by July 4, 2018.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2018):
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC – 29 years,
- SC/ST – 31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) – 31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Domicile of Kashmir) – 31 years.
Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years
C. Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
Selection to OCES/DGFS – 2018 is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates. There is a separate Selection Process for each of the disciplines except for Radiological Safety Engineering (RSE) which is not a separate discipline but an additional Training Scheme option for applicants in Nuclear Engineering, Physics and Chemistry disciplines. There is no separate Training Scheme called ‘Nuclear Engineering’ and selected candidates belonging to ‘Nuclear Engineering’ ( NE ) will be allotted RSE or Mechanical or Chemical as their Training Scheme.
Screening for Selection Interviews is based on two alternative methods:
- On the basis of Online Examination
- On the basis of GATE score
- Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE- 2017 or GATE-2018 score in the applicable GATE subject. Applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be screened in only on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in March, 2018.
Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai (in all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics) and Hyderabad (in Geology and Geophysics). Outstation applicants will be paid two-way normal AC-III tier train fare, from their registered residential address, by shortest route or actual fare whichever is less.
Candidates applying for OCES/DGFS-2018 may also be considered for direct recruitment in Electronics Corporation of India Ltd. (ECIL). Such candidates will be governed by stipendiary norms of ECIL and terms and service conditions of ECIL on absorption. A merit list created out of the Selection Interview Marks may also be used to offer admission to M.Sc. (Engg.) / Ph.D. or Diploma in Radiological Physics programs of BARC under the aegis of HBNI in the academic year 2018-19. Students admitted to the M.Sc. (Engg.) / Ph.D. program will be paid a Fellowship / Stipend for the duration of their academic program. No permanent employment with DAE is assured to such Research Fellows.