HPPSC HPAS Exam 2018 – The preliminary examination has been successfully completed and the result for the same has also been released on the official website. The candidates qualifying are eligible to give the main exam. The application form for the main exam has been released on the official website (hppsc.hp.gov.in). The candidate need to download it and send it to the Commission. HPPSC HPAS Exam 2018 is conducted for filling the various posts like Administrative Service, Police Service, Tehsildar, Block Development Officer, Assistant Registrar and Treasury Officer. For more information on HPPSC HPAS Exam 2018 check this page.
HPPSC HPAS Exam 2018
The preliminary exam was a objective type exam with negative marking for each incorrect answer. The main exam will be a written examination with compulsory and optional subject papers. The application form for the main examination should reach the commission office before the last date. The complete schedule for HPPSC HPAS 2018 is given below.
|Online Application Form (Preliminary Examination)||17 Jan 2019|
|Last Date to Fill the Application Form (Preliminary Examination)||18 Feb 2019 (Extended)|
|Preliminary Exam Date||26 May 2019|
|Result (Preliminary Exam)||19 July 2019|
|Last date for receipt of Application Form (Main Examination)||09 Aug 2019|
|Main Exam Date||From 09 Sep 2019|
|Result of Main Exam||To be announced|
|Interview/Personalitty Test||To be announced|
Application Form for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The application process for the preliminary examination was online. The candidate was able to fill the form from the official website (hppsc.hp.gov.in). The application form for main examination is now available on the website of HPPSC. It has to be downloaded and the filled in form has to be sent to the commission. The application fee is Rs 400 for general category. (Rs 100 for S.C./S.T.& OBC candidates). No fees has to be paid by the Ex-Servicemen of H.P.
Application Procedure for main examination
- Download the application form.
- Fill the application form.
- Send the application form and all the required photocopies of the certificates to the commission.
Note: The application fee has to be sent along with the application form in the form of demand draft to the Commission’s Office before the last date.
Eligibility Criteria for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The candidate must check eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. The admission to all the stages of the examination will be provisional and will depend on satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible. The candidate should note that the issuance of the admit card does not imply that the candidature has been accepted by the Commission. The eligibility criteria is as follows.
- A candidate should have a bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent form a recognized university.
- Candidate in the final year of their examination are also eligible to apply provided they produce proof of having passed the examination not later than two months after the commencement of this examination.
- Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications then they will be provisionally admitted to the examination provided they submit along with their applications a copy of certificate from the University/ Institutions that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination.
- The candidate must be equal to or greater the age of 21 but less than 35 years of age on the January 01, 2019.
- The candidate born on or after January 02, 1998 are under age whereas candidates born on or before January 01, 1984 are over age.
Relaxation in Age
- Upper age limit is relaxable by five years for candidates (only for H.P. candidates) belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD and Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter.
- Age relaxation is also available to Ex-servicemen candidates of H.P. as per government rules. But candidates should note that these are applicable only for the Himachal Pradesh candidates.
- Candidates who are holding substantive appointments in H.P. Govt. or in High Court of Himachal Pradesh or any Court Subordinate and employees of the Public Sector Undertakings / Corporations / Banks controlled by the H.P. Government will be eligible to appear in the examination if he / she possesses a Bachelor’s degree of a recognized University and has not attained the age of 42 years on the first day of January of the year in which the applications are invited by the Commission for Competitive examination.
Admit Card for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The admit card for preliminary examination was issued three weeks prior to the commencement of the examination. The candidates downloaded the admit card through login portal by entering their user id and password. In case of Main Examination no separate call letter will be sent. The main exam consists of many papers which will be conducted over a span of one week. The exam will be conducted in afternoon for all papers except the English paper which will be conducted in the morning. The Centre-wise list of admitted candidates and timetable for Main examination will be uploaded on the Office Website and also on this page for the information of the candidates.
Exam Pattern for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The examination consist of three stages which are preliminary examination, main examination and Viva – Voce. The preliminary examination stage has already been completed. The candidates qualifying the preliminary exam will give the main exam and those qualifying the main will be called for the viva-voce. The exam pattern is given below.
- Number of Papers: The preliminary exam will consist of two papers that are paper 1 which is of General Studies and paper 2 of Aptitude Test.
- Marks: Both the papers are of 200 marks each so in total the preliminary exam is of 400 marks.
- Type and Number of Questions: The exam is of objective type questions and there will be 100 objective type questions in both the papers.
- Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for wrong answers and for each wrong answer one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of both the papers is two hours each.
Written Main Examination
The exam is divided into compulsory paper and optional subject paper. Candidates are allowed to choose one optional subject. The exam pattern is as follows.
- Compulsory Papers
|Paper Number||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|4||General Studies 1||200|
|5||General Studies 2||200|
|6||General Studies 3||200|
- Optional Subject
|Paper Number||Subject||Maximum Marks|
The optional subject has to be chosen by the candidate. The list of optional subjects for Written Main Examination is given below.
|S.No.||Optional Subject||S.No.||Optional Subject|
|1||Indian History||17||Mechanical Engineering|
|2||Political Science and International Relation||18||Electrical Engineering|
|6||Commerce and Accountancy||22||Urdu|
|11||Law||27||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
- Marks: The total marks assigned for the viva voce are 150 marks.
Syllabus for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The syllabus is a very important information for every candidate and candidate can use the syllabus to plan and strategize for the exam. The syllabus for preliminary examination is given below.
|1- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh.|
2- Currents events of national and international importance.
3- History of India and Indian national movement.
4- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
5- Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
6- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
7- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
8- General science.
2- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4- Decision making and problem-solving
5- General mental ability
6- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
7- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Preparation Tips for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The HPPSC HPAS is one of the prestigious exam not only of Himachal Pradesh but candidates from all over the country apply for the same. Yes the competition is fierce but with the right strategy and preparation one can surely crack this exam. The preparation tips are given below.
- The smart way to start the preparation is by analyzing the syllabus for each subject. The syllabus is vast but you need to find a pattern and pick out those topics from where maximum number of questions are asked in the last ten years.
- Focus on these topics only in the initial stage of your preparation. Start giving mocks after you finish these topics and weed out the weak, unknown and strong topics of yours.
- Work more on your weak and unknown areas and also keep in touch with your strong subjects.
- As the exam consists of three stages plan a strategy for each stage differently.
- For the preliminary exam focus more on solving the questions not only through conventional approach but also try to use option elimination methods.
- While preparing for the main exam focus more on building your concept and try to gain deep knowledge about the subject so that you can write good content in the written exam.
- For the interview rounds read newspapers editorial section on common pressing issues. Along with that try to groom your personality in terms of communication skills and confidence level.
Important Books for HPAS 2018
|Current Affairs||The Hindu|
The Tribune (Himachal Edition)
|History||NCERT books (6-12 th Class)|
History of Modern India by Bipan Chandra
|Geography||NCERT (Class 10 and 12th)|
|Himachal General Knowledge||The wonderland Himachal by Jag Mohan Balokhra|
|Polity||Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth|
|Economy||Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh|
Examination Centres for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The exam centres are made to facilitate all the students at nearby location to where they are residing. However the commission has right to cancel or change any centre depending on the need. The exam centres for the preliminary examination are as follows.
- Sunder Nagar
The exam centre for the main written examination will be Shimla only.
HPPSC HPAS Selection Process 2018
Himachal Pradesh Administrative Combined Competitive Examination consists of three successive stages to complete the selection process.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Written Examination
The Preliminary examination contain 400 marks overall. The paper two of preliminary examination which is Aptitude test is a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks of 33% and, therefore, marks obtained in this paper are not counted for determining the merit of the candidates. The merit was made on the basis of marks obtained in General Studies (Paper-I) of the Preliminary Examination. The candidates qualifying the preliminary examination are eligible to give the main written examination.
Main Written Examination
The number of candidates to be called for Main written examination will be about 20 times of the total number of vacancies to be filled. No candidate will be considered to have qualified the written examination unless he obtains at least 40% marks in Hindi and English (Compulsory Papers) and 45% marks in the aggregate. The marks obtained in English and Hindi (Compulsory Papers) will not be counted for the purpose of ranking though it would be necessary for the candidates to secure minimum 40% marks in each of these papers to qualify. The candidates, who qualify the main examination, will have to download the call letter for the interview.
Tie Breaking Criteria for Main Examination
The candidates obtaining the said minimum marks required will move to the next stage which is viva-voce. However if the marks scored by two or more candidates are same then the following tie breaking criteria comes into effect.
- In case there is tie between or amongst the candidates on account of having obtained equal minimum qualifying marks on the basis of written examination, all such candidates obtaining equal minimum marks will be called for the interview/personality test.
The candidates qualifying the main examination will be called for the viva-voce. The number of candidate to be called for the viva-voce will be three times of the total number of vacancies.
The final merit list which will be used for the final selection will be formed by the marks obtained by the candidate in the main written exam and the viva-voce. Marks obtained by the candidates in the (Preliminary) examination will not be
counted for the purpose of final selection. The marks obtained in the Compulsory Papers of English and Hindi will not be counted for overall ranking.
Answer Key for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The answer key for preliminary examination has been released on the official website (hppsc.hp.gov.in). The candidate can also download the answer key by clicking on the link provided on this page. Initially the provisional answer key is released and objections are invited from the candidate. The revised answer key has also been released by the commission. The result of the preliminary examination was prepared on the basis of this revised answer key. Candidate must note that the answer key is released by the commission for the both the objective type question papers only. That means no answer key will be released for the mains written examination.
Result for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The result for the preliminary examination has been released and candidate can check their result from the link provided on this page. The result is a pdf file containing the roll numbers which are given category wise. The candidate whose roll number is mentioned are selected for the main examination. The result for the main examination will be declared after the conduction of the exam also on the official website. The final result will be formed by taking into account the scores of the main exam and the interview. However the marks of the Compulsory papers of Hindi and English will not be counted in making the final result.
Vacancies for HPPSC HPAS 2018
The HPPSC conducts HPAS for filling the vacant posts in the Administrative Services. The vacancies are different for various posts. Also the vacancies in each post is then further divided category wise. The vacancies for each post are given below.
|Post||Vacancies||Reserved / Unreserved Vacancies|
|Administrative Service Class-I (Gazetted)||04||SC – 1|
OBC Ex Serviceman – 1
Unreserved – 2
|Tehsildar Class–I (Gazetted)||02||Unreserved Ex Serviceman – 2|
|Block Development Officers, Class–I (Gazetted)||08||SC – 1|
ST – 1
PWD (Hearing Impaired) – 1
Unreserved – 5
|Assistant Registrar, Cooperative Societies Class II (Gazetted)||01||Unreserved – 1|
|District Treasury Officer Department of Finance (Treasuries, Accounts & Lotteries)|
|02||Unreserved – 1|
OBC – 1
|Department of Finance (Treasuries, Accounts & Lotteries) (Class-II Gazetted)||08||Unreserved – 6|
ST – 1
Ex Serviceman (Unreserved) – 1
The pay scale varies from post to post. The grade pay also follows the same cycle. The pay is highest for the posts of District Treasury Officer and Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service Class – 1. The pay for different posts varies from the lowest Rs 10300 to highest Rs 39100. Other than that the grade pay of either Rs 5400 or Rs 5000 is applicable depending on the post.
Official Website: hppsc.hp.gov.in