MAHA TET 2021: Maharashtra State Council of Examination has released the official answer key of MAHA TET 2021 exam on the official website, mahatet.in. MAHA TET 2021 was held on November 21, 2021. Maharashtra State Council of Examination is entrusted with the responsibility to conduct MAHA TET exam. The purpose to conduct this test is to check and certify the eligibility of the candidates for recruitment as teachers in Maharashtra. MAHA TET is a two-level exam. Paper I is for those candidates who aspire to be a teacher of Primary Classes (Class I to Class V). Paper-II test is for those who intend to be a teacher of Upper Primary Classes (Class VI to Class VIII). Continue reading to get more details about MAHA TET 2021.
Latest: MAHA TET 2021 official answer key is now available. Check here
MAHA TET 2021
Maharashtra TET is held for candidates aspiring to become teachers in primary (class I-V) and upper primary (VI – VIII) schools in the state of Maharashtra. Check the important dates for MAHA TET 2021 below.
|Release of Notification||03 Aug 2021|
|Start of application procedure||03 Aug 2021|
|Last date to apply|
07 Sep 2021
|Admit Card release date|
|Paper I exam date|
30 Oct 2021
|Paper II exam date|
30 Oct 2021
|Release date of Answer Key||02 Dec 2021|
Overview of MAHA TET
MAHA TET or Maharashtra Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) is the state level exam conducted to assess and certify eligible candidates for recruitment as a teacher in Maharashtra. It is essential to pass the exam in order to apply for teaching jobs in the state of Maharashtra. For all aspirants, we have provided all the necessary details on this page. However, check out the main aspects of the exam from the brief overview provided below.
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Teacher’s Eligibility Test (MAHA TET)|
|Conducting Body||Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE)|
|Last conducted in||2019|
|Post details||Lower Primary (Class I to V)|
Upper Primary (Class VI to VIII)
|Centres||Major cities of Maharashtra|
|Medium||English & Marathi|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||Rs 500/- for each paper|
Rs 800/- for both papers
MAHA TET Answer Key 2021
With the help of MAHA TET Answer Key, candidates can estimate their score by cross-checking their answers with the correct answers provided in the official answer key. If a candidate finds any wrong answer in the answer keys then they have the opportunity to raise an objection against the answer keys. A candidate is required to pay a specified fee per question to raise the objections.
Separate answer keys are released for both Paper 1 and 2. Although unofficial memory based answer keys are sometimes available from other sources, it is advised to use these only as a reference. Only officially released answer key must be taken into consideration for estimating the final score.
Here is how to check the answer keys from the official website. Follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Go to the official website of Maharashtra TET i.e. mahatet.in.
Step 2: The link to download the final answer key is provided on the home page. Click on it.
Step 3: The answer key can now be downloaded in the pdf format.
MAHA TET 2021 – Latest News
Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test 2021 – (MAHATET 2021) Press release regarding change of date
MAHA TET Admit Card 2021
Maharashtra State Council of Examination releases the MAHA TET Admit Card 2021 at the official website. It is mandatory to have the duly issued admit card in print to appear in the exam. Besides, the admit card contains important information related to the candidate and the test. Therefore, it is suggested that candidates check all the details on the admit card after downloading it. If there is any error in the information, immediately contact the conducting body. Here are some important points to remember about the MAHA TET exam and admit card.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry their admit card and one valid ID proof (aadhar card, pan card, voter ID card) on the day of the exam.
- Admit card contains the details of the exam center, date and timings of the exam
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam center well in time before the exam starts.
- Do not carry any banned items to the exam center. Abide with any and all instructions provided in the admit card.
Preparation Tips For MAHA TET
Being a state level competitive exam in the state of Maharashtra, the exam is conducted at a superior standard and only those candidates who are able to qualify by securing above the cut off marks are selected for awarding the MAHA TET certificate. Candidates need extensive preparation and planning study to crack the exam. Therefore, we have compiled some useful preparation tips here in this section to guide readers in preparing for the exam efficiently.
- Plan well ahead and develop a study plan. The study plan must be well aligned with the syllabus of the exam and each subject/topic must be covered within the study plan.
- Acquire good amount of learning resources and utilize them effectively. These learning resources can include previous year papers, sample papers, mock test, guides, etc.
- Solve mock tests as much as possible to ensure that the exam pattern is known as candidates can develop personalized strategy to take the test during the actual exam.
- Make short notes for revision. This does not only help remember what one studies effectively but can also come in handy as quick revision materials during the last one or two weeks before the exam.
- Make time for revisions or one might forget what they continuously learn on a daily basis.
Preparation Strategy to Crack MAHA TET by Tut2learn
MAHA TET Exam Pattern
There are separate question papers for each of the two papers of MAHA TET. Paper-1 is for primary school teachers (1st to 5th) and Paper-2 is for upper primary (6th to 8th) teachers. The level of difficulty and standard of both the papers are based on the secondary and higher secondary school curriculum respectively. Check out the main aspects of the exam below.
- Language: English & Marathi
- Number of questions: 150 per paper
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Question
- Duration: 90 minutes per paper
Check out marks distribution in Paper-I below
|Child Development |
Check out marks distribution in Paper-II below
|Child Development |
|Mathematics & Science |
Choice of Optional Subject in Paper II:
- Select Mathematics and Science if you wish to be a Mathematics or Science teacher
- Select Social Science if you wish to be a Social Science teacher
- Those who wish to be a teacher of any other subject must choose one between Maths & Science or Social Science.
Note: Candidates must choose a language of their preference from among English, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Sindhi or Urdu for Language-I and Language-II sections.
MAHA TET Syllabus 2021
The complete syllabus of the MAHA TET exam is released by the MSCE on the official website. Candidates can check the indicative syllabus of each paper. Click on the link provided below to check the detailed syllabus.
MAHA TET Syllabus of Paper-1
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies
MAHA TET Syllabus of Paper-2
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Social Science
MAHA TET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for MAHA TET, candidates should go through the eligibility criteria.
For Paper-I (Class I-V)
- Passing the Higher Secondary (or equivalent) exam with minimum 50% marks in the approved board and passing the two-year Diploma (D.T.ED) of the primary education system of the recognized institution.
- Must have passed the upper primary or equivalent exam securing a minimum of 45% marks and obtained a two-year diploma of primary education from a recognized institution.
- Should have passed the Class 12th (or equivalent) by securing a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board and must have obtained a four years degree of Bachelor of Elementary Education.
- Must have passed the Class 12th (or equivalent) exam by securing a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board and have obtained a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Must have a graduate degree and passed two-year diploma in education.
For Paper-II (Class VI-VIII)
- Must have passed and acquired a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education from a recognized institution.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45% marks and a Bachelor in Education from a recognized institution.
- Must have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board and have a four years degree of Bachelor of Elementary Education.
- Must have passed the class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board and have four years B.A./B.Sc.Ed. or B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed. degree
- Must have passed graduation with minimum 50% marks and have one-year B.Ed degree (Special Education) from a recognized University.
- Horticulture and Crop Science Department of Agriculture and passed a degree exam in Pre School Management in Health and Medical Services Group and a one-year title of the recognized university.
MAHA TET Application Form 2021
The MAHA TET application form can be filled online through the website mahatet.in. Aspirants first to go through the eligibility criteria carefully. Candidates are liable to be rejected/disqualified if they do not match the eligibility and it is found during the later stages. Fill all the details in a complete format in the application form. Take time to review the information furnished in the application form before clicking on the final submit. Pay the application fee in the designated mode of payment. The Council does not consider any applications that are received after the last date.
07 Easy Steps to apply
- Visit the official website, mahatet.in.
- Register yourself by clicking on the ‘new registration’ button.
- Log in to the website using the generated login credentials.
- Fill the application form accordingly by entering the details such as personal information, educational qualification.
- Preview application form, verify the details & Proceed.
- Make payment.
- Save a copy of the submitted application form.
|Category||Per paper||Both papers|
|Unreserved||Rs 500||Rs 800|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs 250||Rs 400|
MAHA TET Result 2021
After the exam is conducted, the MAHA TET Result 2021 is released by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination. The result is released online on the official website only. Usually, the result gets declared after the publication of the final answer key. For checking the result candidates have to enter the login credentials at the login page as the result is in the form of a pdf. The result is based on the marks scored by the candidates in the exam.
MAHA TET Certificate
A certificate of eligibility is awarded to the MAHA TET qualifier. The Certificate is released at the official website shortly after the declaration of the results. It is mandatory for all teaching job aspirants in the state to have this certificate. It is only awarded to those who qualify by securing equal or above the cut off marks. Here we have provided some fundamental and important information about the certificate.
- MAHA TET certificate is released only through the official website.
- The teacher will be given the Teacher Eligibility Test Certificate by MSCE.
- Candidates can appear in the exam multiple times even after qualifying to improve their scores.
Validity of MAHATET Certificate
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has extended the validity period for the MAHATET certificate. Now, aspirants can use their MAHATET certificate for a lifetime. Earlier, the MAHATET certificate was valid for 07 years after the declaration of the result. Check out the Important update below.
About MAHA TET
Maharashtra State Examination Council, Pune conducts the MAHA TET. It is the state level teachers eligibility test exam to determine the eligibility of candidates to teach at the posts of primary & upper primary teachers in elementary schools of Maharashtra. It includes two papers which are paper 1 & paper 2. For primary teachers, classes 1 to 5 (paper-1) & the upper primary is for classes 6 to 8. After qualifying, a certificate is issued by the MSCE.
Official Website: mahatet.in.
For more information regarding MAHA TET 2020, download- Advertisement
Ans. There is no age limit for Maha TET exam.
Ans. Candidates with a graduation degree and B.Ed can also apply.
Ans. No. MAHA TET is an eligibility test qualifying which aspirants will get a TET certificate. They can use this TET certificate to apply for the Maharashtra teachers job.