Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) Recruitment 2019 – NVS is an autonomous organization and it has 8 regional offices and more than 630 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas functional all over India except the state of Tamil Nadu. The result of the written examination has been released on the official website of NVS, navodaya.gov.in. The written exam/CBT held first and qualifying candidates will appear for Interviews and Personal Interaction & Trade/Skill test conducted as per the requirement of the posts. Get here complete details about NVS recruitment 2019 as given below.
Latest: NVS Result 2020 has been released. Check Here!
NVS Recruitment 2019
The exam is conducted in the CBT mode. The NVS invites applications from Indian citizens for the various post as per the requirement in Jawahar Navodaya Vidylayas/HQ/Regional Offices of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The complete schedule for NVS Recruitment 2019 is given below.
|Registration Open||10 Jul 2019|
|Fee deposit opens||10 Jul 2019|
|Date of Written Examination / CBT||16 -20 Sep 2019|
|Release of answer key||24 Sep 2019|
|Raise objections, if any (for all subjects)||24 Sep – 28 Sep 2019|
|Raise objections, if any (for PGT mathematics)||07 Oct – 11 Oct 2020|
|Declaration of result||04 Feb 2020|
NVS Recruitment 2019 Result
The final revised answer key is used to obtain the result. The candidate have to download the result from the official website. The result of the written exam/CBT is released first. The result of the subsequent stages of the recruitment such as the Interview, Personal Interaction & Skill Test etc is declared after the conduction of each stage. The final result is made on the basis of the written exam/CBT and the Interview or the Skill test as per decided by the NVS.
Selection Process for NVS Recruitment 2019
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in written examination/online Computer Based Test (CBT). The cut off marks will be released and that will be the basis of the shortlisting. The decision of the NVS about the mode of selection to the posts will be final and candidate must not that no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. The selection procedure is different for various posts.
Stages of Selection for various post
- In the case of Legal Assistant, Female Staff Nurse & Catering Assistant the selection to the post will be done on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the written examination/CBT only.
- For the post of Lower Division Clerk, candidates shortlisted on the basis of Written Examination/CBT will be called for Trade/Skill Test which will be of qualifying in nature only and carries no weightage.
- In case a candidate fails to qualify the trade/skill test, their candidature would be rejected.
At the time of interview the document verification will also be carried out. The candidate will have to carry the filled application form in printed mode to the venue. All the documents and certificates asked must also be carried by the candidate.
EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Reservation
The candidates whose family gross income is below Rs 8 Lakh are eligible for benefit of reservation under EWS scheme. However the candidate must not be covered under SC/ST/OBS reservation in order to be eligible for EWS. The income of the family means income from all the sources such as salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. The candidate whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets will also be excluded from EWS reservation scheme.
- 5 Acres of agriculture land and above.
- Residential flat of 1000 Sq Ft and above.
- Residential plot of 100 Sq yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Residential plot of 200 Sq Yd and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Note: The property held by a family in different locations would be clubbed together while applying the land or property criteria to determine EWS status.
Income and Asset Certificate to be issued for the EWS reservation
To claim the EWS reservation the candidate must possess income and asset certificate which has to be issued by any of the following authorities.
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his / her family normally resides.
NVS Recruitment 2019 Vacancies
The vacancies are distributed in post wise and category wise. The vacancies for each post and category has been released but they are tentative in nature and the NVS can increase or decrease as per the requirements.
Note: Six posts will be filled up with Person with Locomotor Disability (BL,OL), BL (Both Legs), OL(one Leg affected R and / or L).
Recruitment and Pay Scale
The selected candidates will initially be on probation for a period of two years. However this can be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. It must be noted that the services of the candidate (who is in probation period) can be terminated at any time without assigning any reason. The pay scale will be as per the post and can differ from Rs 19900 to Rs 209200. For the post of assistant commissioner the pay scale is of level 12 i.e. (Rs 78800 – 209200).
Schedule of NVS Examination
Admit Card for NVS Recruitment 2019
The admit card will be released on the official website. An intimation regarding the same will be sent through email by the exam conducting agency of the NVS. The candidate will need to login by using the Login Id and password to download the admit card. If the candidate have lost the password, it can be retrieved by clicking on the “Forgot Password” tab. The admit card for written examination/CBT will be released first. Those who clear the Exam will be called for Interview/Personal Interaction & Skill Test as per the requirement of the post. The admit card for these will be released separately by the NVS.
Exam Pattern for NVS Recruitment 2019
The exam will be conducted according to the exam pattern as prescribed by the NVS. The candidate can also apply and give the exam for more than one post provided he/she pass the eligibility criteria and has also filled the application form and paid the fees regarding each applied post. The exam pattern is given below.
Duration of the written exam/CBT
TGTs & Miscellaneous Teachers
|Female Staff Nurse|
Lower Division Clerk
The maximum marks alloted for the written examination for each post are equal to the total number of questions in the question paper. There is no negative marking in the exam.
Language of the Exam
The exam will be bilingual i.e. in both Hindi and English. However in case of TGTs & Miscellaneous Category Teachers, the Regional Language paper will be in the regional language as opted by the candidate.
- For more detailed information on exam pattern you can Click Here.
Syllabus for NVS Recruitment 2019
The syllabus for NVS Recruitment differs from post to post and candidates are advised to check the syllabus of the specific post for which he/she has applied. The syllabus in case of PGT and TGT varies for the subject for which the candidate specializes. Some of the subjects such as reasoning ability and general awareness is common for all the post. The syllabus for NVS 2019 has not been released yet. The syllabus as per the last year for various post is given below.
|Miscellaneous Teachers||Click Here|
|Female Staff Nurse||Click Here|
|Catering Assistant||Click Here|
|Lower Division Clerk||Click Here|
NVS Recruitment 2019 Important Books and Preparation Tips
The NVS Recruitment 2019 has 2370 vacancies in the various posts. So aspirants have a good chance to be selected provided they do hard work towards it. The criteria for selection is different for various posts but it is mandatory to clear the written examination/CBT. This makes the written examination/CBT very important and with right preparation you can definitely clear it. Follow the preparation tips given below to ace the exam!
- In the written examination/CBT reasoning is the most important section because you will have to prepare separately for it as it is a new topic for most of the candidates. To improve the reasoning section you must solve lot of good quality reasoning questions from books as well as previous year papers. Practice! Practice! and Practice!. It is the only thing that can improve the reasoning section.
- The other section that the candidates must focus on is general awareness section because a strong general knowledge can get you marks in very less time hence increasing the chance to do more number of questions. To improve your general knowledge you must read the newspaper daily. Along with that prepare from the good books especially to improve the static general knowledge. Candidate must keep in mind that general knowledge cannot be improved overnight. It requires regular reading and candidate should update their knowledge as per the happenings around the world.
- To prepare for the “Subject Knowledge” section you must revise all the things you have studied in your subject field. The level of difficulty will be as per the post for which the candidate have applied, so prepare according to that. Candidate must note that the subject knowledge section contains the most number of questions and also the most number of marks weightage. After revising from the books solve the previous year question papers.
The important books to prepare for the NVS recruitment are as follows.
|General English||Wren and Martin (English Grammar)|
(R.S. Aggarwal) Paperback (Objective English)
Self Preparation Guide KVS-PGT (English) by Arihant Publications
|General Hindi||Lucents Samanya Hindi |
Self Preparation Guide KVS-PGT (Hindi) by Arihant Publications
|General Awareness||Pratiyogita Darpan|
Test Centres for NVS Recruitment 2019
The NVS written exam/CBT will be conducted in 42 cities. However the NVS has the right to conduct the written examination/CBT in any of the cities depending upon the number of the candidates and as per the requirement. The test centres along with their city codes are given below.
|Name of the City||City Code||Name of the City||City Code|
Application form for NVS Recruitment 2019
The application form has been released by the NVS on the official website (navodaya.gov.in). The last date to fill the application fees is August 09, 2019. However the fees can be deposited until August 12, 2019. On registration the candidates will receive the Login Id and Password on their registered email. The candidates are advised to use the Internet Explorer (version 10 to 11) or Mozilla Firefox (version 52 to 67) or Google Chrome (version 55 to 75) to fill the application form. There is no need to send the application form in hard copy to the conducting body. However the downloaded copy of the application form must be preserved as it has to be produced at the time of the document verification.
How to fill the Application Form?
- Enter details in the application form.
- Upload scanned photograph, signature, left thumb impression and declaration.
- Pay the application fees.
Note: Payment can be done only via credit, debit card or Net banking. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories does not have to pay the application fees.
Eligibility Criteria for NVS Recruitment 2019
The candidates are advised to check the eligibility before filling the application form. The Cut-Off date for determining various eligibility criteria (Educational Qualifications, age limit etc.) will be the closing date for receipt of applications. The OBC candidates who belong to the Creamy Layer are not entitled for reservation provided under OBC category. Creamy Layer OBC candidates will have to mark their category as general. The eligibility criteria for different posts are given below.
The relaxation in the maximum upper age is provided for different category students as per the rules of the Government. If a person is eligible for more than one relaxation then only one of the relaxation of the highest permissible limit, will be granted subject to maximum of age prescribed to enter in government service i.e. 55 years of age. The age relaxation according to the category of the person is given below.
|Category of Persons||Extent of age|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Women (All Category) except for the post of Assistant |
Commissioner, Legal Assistant, Female Staff Nurse,
Catering Assistant & Lower Division Clerk
|NVS employees if applying for the post of PGT’s TGTs and|
Miscellaneous Category of teachers
|No age bar|
|NVS employees if applying for the post of Assistant |
Commissioner, Legal Assistant, Female Staff Nurse,
Catering Assistant, Lower Division Clerk
|Candidates with 3 years continuous service in Central |
Govt. provided the posts are in same or allied cadres
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in State of Jammu and |
Kashmir during January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989
|Persons with disabilities (including women)|
(2) OBC (NCL)
(1) 15 years
(2) 13 years
(3) 10 years
NVS Recruitment 2019 Answer Key
The answer key will be released on the official website after the conduction of the written examination/CBT. It will be a pdf file and candidates can download the answer key into their devices. The answer key will be in a form of question paper with all the questions and options and the right answer will be marked green. Objection window will also be opened to facilitate the challenge to the answer keys and after scrutiny of the objections/challenges the final answer key will be prepared. The result will be obtained on the basis of this answer key. The answer key can be used by the candidates to calculate their marks and get an idea about their performance before the result.
Official Website: navodaya.gov.in
NVS Recruitment 2019 Archives
Recruitment Of Principal, Post Graduate Teachers In Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas And Assistant Commissioner (Administration), Assistant & Computer Operator In Nvs Hq/regional Office
Vacancy – 251
Application form starts from -15 Jan 2019
Last date for application form: 14 Feb 2019
Last date and time for closing of submission of Online Application Fees through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking through SB Collect System of State Bank of India (Step-III) has been extended to 17-Feb-2019 (up to 11.45 PM)
Admit card download start: 10 Mar 2019
Assistant and computer operator exam date: 25 Mar 2019
Assistant Commissioner(Administration) exam date: 26 Mar 2019
Online objection starts from – 01 Apr 2019
Last date for online objection: 05 Apr 2019
Click here to check notice regarding Exam Reschedule
- Combined Merit List for the post of Assistant under Recruitment Drive 2019 – Check here
- Combined Merit List for the post of Computer Operator under Recruitment Drive 2019: Check here
- List of candidates shortlisted for interview to the post of Assistant Commissioner (Admn) under Recruitment Drive 2019: Check here
- List of candidates shortlisted for interview to the post of Principal under Recruitment Drive – 2019: Check Here
- List of candidates shortlisted for interview to the post of Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) under Recruitment Drive – 2019: Check here
- Click here to check CML (CBT + Interview) and List of Not Eligible candidates for the Post of PGTs w.r.t. Advertisement Published in Employment News Dated: 12 – 18 January, 2019
- Click here to check Roll Number wise Result of CBT for the Post of PGTs w.r.t. Advertisement Published in Employment News Dated: 12 – 18 January, 2019