ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), a “Maharatna” Public Sector Enterprise, and India’s flagship energy major is engaged in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas in India and abroad. ONGC is looking for promising, energetic and young aspirants with bright academic records to join the organization as Class 1 Executive (at E1 Level) in Medical, Security, Finance, Environment and Fire Services Disciplines. The selected candidates may be posted anywhere in India or abroad depending upon the requirements of the organization. For more information regarding ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019, candidates can check below.
Latest: The date of Computer Based Test for ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019 has been postponed.
ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019
The candidates are required to apply only in online mode. No manual/paper application will be entertained. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected during any stage of the selection process. The important dates regarding ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Start date of online registration of application||29 May 2019|
|Last date of online registration of application||18 Jun 2019|
|Offline Fee Payment||29 May – 19 Jun 2019|
|Date of Computer Based Test|
Notice: Click Here to check the notice regarding delay of CBT Exam.
The detailed eligibility criteria for ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019 is provided below, candidates can check for the same.
- Educational Qualification
|Post||Essential Qualification||Minimum Experience|
|Medical Officer||MBBS (with valid registration with|
relevant Statuary Council/Body)
|Minimum 1 year post qualification|
|Security Officer||Post Graduate Degree||Minimum 2 years service with either |
armed Forces or Central Police
Organization (CPO) or Central Armed
Police Forces (CAPF)
|Finance & Accounts Officer||Graduate Degree with ICWA / CA|
or MBA with Specialization in Finance
with minimum 60% marks or PGDM
(from IIMs only) with minimum 60%
|AEE (Environment)||Engineering Graduate in Environment Engg|
/ Environment Science with minimum 60%
marks OR Graduate in Engineering disciple
with minimum 60% marks withM.Tech / ME in Environment Engg / Environment Science
|Fire Officer||Graduate Degree in Fire Engineering|
with minimum 60% marks
- Physical Standard:
Required Physical Standard for Security Discipline is as given below:
- Age Limit:
Eligible and interested candidates need to visit http://www.ongcindia.com to register their application online. No other mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are advised to submit only one application. In case of multiple application from a candidate, the latest one shall be considered as final and older applications shall be rejected.
Apply Online: Process is over!!
Registration Charges: Registration Fee can be deposited at any branch of State Bank of India through challan in the name of ONGC Power Jyoti A/C No. 30827318409 of SBI, TelBhavan Dehradun. The registration charges for different category of candidates is as under:
- Gen / OBC – Rs. 370/-
- SC / ST / PwD / Ex-serviceman – No charges
Before registering/submitting the online applications, the candidates should keep the following ready:
- Application ID
- Challan form downloaded and duly filled with the applicable fee deposited and acknowledged by the concerned bank
- Mobile number & E-mail ID in which the OTP will be sent for completing the registration process.
- Scanned copy of recent passport size color photograph of the candidate with white background (size between 20- 50 KB in only JPEG/ JPG Format) and signature of the candidate again with the white background (size between 10 – 20 KB in only JPEG/ JPG Format)
- Qualification Certificates
- Experience certificates
- Caste / PwD certificate to fill details regarding community, state & district, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC / PwD category.
The admit card for ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019 will be released on the official website as per the schedule. Candidates should retain the copy of their ONGC Registration Slip, Challan, Admit Card and Interview Call Letter for future reference. Print out of the same should not be tampered with. No documents including copy of Registration Slip etc are to be sent to ONGC unless specifically asked for.
The exam pattern of Computer Based Test for ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Part||Subject||No. of questions|
|I||Concerned Domain. However, Security|
Discipline paper will have security-related questions
|III||Aptitude Test (Comprising of Reading Comprehension, |
Verbal / Non-verbal Reasoning, Numerical Ability /
Quantitative Aptitude / Data Interpretation, etc.)
- The test paper shall consist of MCQs and shall be of 3 hours duration. However, PwD candidates who have limitation to write the exam and avail the facility of Scribe / Reader shall be given compensatory time i.e. 20 minutes per hour.
- There will be no negative marking in the written test.
- The level of the domain subject will be Graduate / Post Graduate as applicable, However General Awareness paper shall be of Civil Service Standards,
- The level of Aptitude Test shall be of Combined Admission Test (CAT) of IIMs.
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on performance in the CBT in the ratio of 1:5 against the number of vacancies. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- The final selection of the candidate will be on the basis of following parameters – Educational Qualification; Performance in the Computer Based Test (CBT) and Performance in the Personal Interview. Following weightages shall be assigned to the parameters:
|Qualification||25 (20 marks for essential qualification and |
upto 5 marks for the additional in line higher qualification)
- In order to be selected, candidates are required to qualify in the CBT and thereafter again in the personal interview separately in addition to fulfilling qualification criteria. To qualify in the Interview, General and OBC candidates are required to score minimum 60% marks i.e. 09 marks out of 15 & SC/ST/PwD candidates are required to score a minimum of 40% marks i.e. 06 marks out of 15 marks in interview.
- For the Post of Security Officer, the candidates have to qualify the Physical Standard Test (PST) in addition to CBT for appearing in the personal interview. Only those candidates, who qualify in the PST, will be allowed to appear for personal Interview.
Candidates who qualify in the interview shall be empanelled in the Merit List. The offer of appointment shall be issued to the candidates based on their relative rank in the Merit List prepared on the weighted sum total of marks scored by the candidate in Qualification, CBT and interview.
In case of a tie in the total marks scored between two candidates, a candidate who gets more marks in performance (Weightage of CBT Score) is considered senior and if equal marks are scored in performance, then, the one older in age is considered senior for release of name. Departmental candidates shall be given first consideration in matters of selection, while other things such as qualification, eligibility and selection criteria, etc. remain the same.
The number of vacancies for ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019 are provided below, candidates can check for the same.
Pay scales, Emoluments & Other Financial Benefits
- Post Level – E1
- Basic Pay Scale – Rs. 60,000 – Rs. 1,80,000
- Besides Basic Pay and annual increment @ 3%, the employee is entitled to allowances @ 35% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, Dearness Allowance, HRA/ Company Accommodation, Non Practicing Allowance (only for Medical discipline), Contributory Provident Fund, Conveyance Maintenance, Leave Encashment, Substantial Performance Related Pay (PRP), Medical Facility for self and dependents, Gratuity, Post Retirement Benefit Scheme and Composite Social Security Scheme etc. as per Company rules.
Q1- What is the salary of an ONGC Executive (at E1 Level)?
A- The basic pay scale is Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 1,80,000. Besides Basic Pay and annual increment @ 3%, the employee is entitled to various allowances as per the company rules.
Q2- What will be the mode of selection?
A- The selection will be based on the marks obtained in Computer Based Test, Qualification and Interview.
Q3- Is there any Physical Standard Test for the recruitment process?
A- For the Post of Security Officer, the candidates have to qualify the Physical Standard Test (PST) in addition to CBT for appearing in the personal interview. Only those candidates, who qualify in the PST, will be allowed to appear for personal Interview.
Q4- What will be the job location?
A- The selected candidates may be posted anywhere in India or abroad depending upon the requirements of the organization.
Official Website: www.ongcindia.com
For more information regarding ONGC Executive Recruitment 2019, Download Notification