OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021 – Odisha Public Service Commission has released DV dates for the recruitment of Postgraduate teacher in Group-B. The recruitment is announced for the Higher Secondary schools functioning under ST & SC development department. Online registrations for OPSC PGT 2021 were opened from March 24, 2021 to April 30, 2021. This year, OPSC has advertised a total of 139 vacancies for the post of Postgraduate Teachers. Get important details about OPSC PGT recruitment 2021 including the exam date, exam pattern, application form, eligibility criteria and result from this page.
Latest: Dv Dates for OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021 is now available. Check below
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021
Candidates must refer to the dates table below to not miss any important event related to OPSC PGT recruitment 2021.
|Start date of application form||24 Mar 2021|
|Last date to register||23 Apr 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||30 Apr 2021|
|Release date of admit card||To be announced|
|DV dates||29 and 30 Jul 2021|
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021 DV Dates
OPSC PGT 2021 Notification
The official notification for OPSC PGT Recruitment is now available. Tap on the snapshot of the notification below to download the complete advertisement.
OPSC PGT Teacher 2021 Vacancy Details
This year OPSC has advertised a total of 139 vacancies for the post of Postgraduate Teacher. Candidates can check the distribution of these vacancies from the image provided below.
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before candidates begin the application procedure, they must read the eligibility criteria once.
- A candidate who has a Master’s Degree in the subject concerned with at least 50% marks in aggregate OR Must have two years integrated post-graduate M.Sc course from the regional college of education NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate
- B.Ed or its equivalent Degree that is recognised by the National Council for teacher education, New Delhi as equivalent with B.Ed from a Recognised University
- Diploma or degree that is recognised in computer application is a desirable qualification subject to production of a certificate in support of the above qualification.
- A candidate must be under 32 years and above 21 years of age on 1st day of January 2021 i.e s/he must have born earlier than 02 Jan 1989 and not later than 01 January 2000.
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021 Application form
Candidates have to visit the official website to register and submit the OPSC PGT application form. Check brief steps on how to submit OPSC PGT application form below.
- Odisha PSC conducts the application procedure for OPSC Postgraduate recruitment on opsconline.nic.in.
- Keep a scanned copy of the recent passport size photograph and signature to upload during the complete procedure.
- After successful submission of OPSC PGT application form, a Unique application ID gets displays on the screen.
- Note the application ID and keep it safe until the recruitment process gets over.
- On successful submission of the application form, candidates will get a unique “Permanent Public Service Account Number (PPSAN)”.
- General Category – Rs 500
- SC, ST and PWD Candidates – No fee
OPSC PGT Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates who wish to qualify the examination and get selected for the post of Postgraduate Teacher must start their preparation at least 03-04 months before the exam. They must have knowledge about the examination pattern of OPSC PGT exam. The same is discussed in this section.
OPSC PGT Written Exam Pattern
- Mode of the exam: Written examination (Offline examination)
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Number of papers: Two Parts: Part A is compulsory and Part B is based on concerned subjects
- Duration of exam: Examination is conducted for 03 hours
- Total questions: OPSC PGT question paper carries a total 150 questions
- Number of marks: These questions carries a total of 150 marks
Part – A (Compulsory) – 50 marks with 50 questions.
- General English
- Computer Aptitude
- General Knowledge
Part – B (Concerned Subject) – 100 marks with 100 Question.
- Syllabus for Part B is similar to what candidates have studied for their P.G Degree in the concerned Subject.
OPSC PGT Teacher Exam Centre 2021
OPSC allots candidates different test centres where they have to be present as per the given schedule on the admit card. Here are some cities where OPSC will conduct OPSC PGT examination.
OPSC PGT Admit Card 2021
Odisha Public Service Commission releases the OPSC PGT admit card a few days before the examination. Candidates shall use this time period to locate their exam centre to avoid exam day hassle. Go to the official website of OPSC to download OPSC PGT admit card, opsc.gov.in. As OPSC releases the call letters through login, candidates should keep their registration id and password ready. The admit card must be carried to the exam centre for the verification purpose.
OPSC PGT Selection Procedure 2021
Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the selection procedure for OPSC PGT recruitment through 02 stages which are:
- Written examination – 150 marks
- Interview Round (Viva Voce or Personality Test) – 50 marks
Those candidates who are able to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination are called for the interview round. Shortlisted candidates are invited for the interview with the documents they have provided for the application form.
Documents to carry for verification
- 10th certificate as the date of birth proof
- 12th certificate
- Bachelor of Science/BA/Degree/+3 Arts/+3 Science/Degree Certificate
- Master Degree Certificate
- B.Ed or equivalent degree
- Document indicating the B.EdInstituion/college
- Mark sheet in support of the aforesaid examination
- Two recent passport size photo
- Character certificate from the Principal/Dean of the institution last studied in
- Caste certificate for those candidates who are claiming reservation under SC/ST/SEBC categories
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-servicemen candidate have to submit an undertaking that he/she has not been appointed under the civil post after retirement
- Discharge certificate of an Ex-serviceman issued by the commanding officer of the last served unit
- Odia pass certificate from Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSE, Odisha) indicating that the candidate studies Odia as a language.
OPSC PGT Answer Key 2021
The conducting body activates the link to download OPSC PGT answer key 2021 on the official website, opsc.gov.in. Candidates can get their respective answer key from official website after the examination. The OPSC Postgraduate Teacher answer key carries all the correct answers to the questions that are asked in the exam. To know the estimate scores use the official answer key released by OPSC.
OPSC PGT Result 2021
After the release of answer key, OPSC starts the preparation of the result. Candidates can check their OPSC PGT result through opsc.gov.in. The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) releases the result in PDF format. The conducting body releases the separate result for OPSC PGT recruitment. In the OPSC PGT result, roll number of the selected candidates displays on the pdf. It also contains information related to the date of reporting time, interview, and time of the interview.
Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the examination for Postgraduate Teacher. The commission was set up on April 01, 1949. Odisha PSC OPSC conducts several examinations such as Odisha Judicial Service Examination, Asst. Section Officer, Odisha Municipality Administration Service, Odisha Education Services, and many more.
To get more information related to OPSC PGT recruitment 2020, download notification.
Ans 1. Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- as the application fee.
Ans 2. To apply for OPSC PGT exam, candidates must have a Master’s Degree with minimum 50% marks.
Ans 3. OPSC has announced a total of 139 vacancies for OPSC PGT exam.