OPSC PGT Recruitment 2020 – Odisha Public Service Commission issued an advertisement for the recruitment of Postgraduate teacher in Group-B of state service for the Higher Secondary schools functioning under ST & SC development department. The examination dates for OPSC PGT recruitment are not yet declared. This year, OPSC has advertised a total of 128 vacancies for the post of Postgraduate Teachers. Get important details about OPSC PGT recruitment 2020 including the exam date, exam pattern, application form, eligibility criteria and result from this page.
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2020
Candidates must refer to the dates table below to not miss any important event related to OPSC PGT recruitment 2020.
|Start date of application form||22 Aug 2019|
|Last date to submit application form||21 Sept 2019|
|Release date of admit card||To be announced|
|Exam date||To be announced|
OPSC PGT Admit Card 2020
Odisha Public Service Commission releases the OPSC PGT admit card a few days before the examination. Candidates shall use this time period to locate their exam centre to avoid exam day hassle. Go to the official website of OPSC to download OPSC PGT admit card, opsc.gov.in. As OPSC releases the call letters through login, candidates should keep their registration id and password ready. The admit card must be carried to the exam centre for the verification purpose.
OPSC PGT Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates who wish to qualify the examination and get selected for the post of Postgraduate Teacher must start their preparation at least 03-04 months before the exam. They must have knowledge about the examination pattern of OPSC PGT exam. The same is discussed in this section.
OPSC PGT Written Exam Pattern
- Mode of the exam: Written examination (Offline examination)
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Number of papers: Two Parts: Part A is compulsory and Part B is based on concerned subjects
- Duration of exam: Examination is conducted for 03 hours
- Total questions: OPSC PGT question paper carries a total 150 questions
- Number of marks: These questions carries a total of 150 marks
Part – A (Compulsory) – 50 marks with 50 questions.
- General English
- Computer Aptitude
- General Knowledge
Part – B (Concerned Subject) – 100 marks with 100 Question.
- Syllabus for Part B is similar to what candidates have studied for their P.G Degree in the concerned Subject.
OPSC PGT Teacher Exam Centre 2020
OPSC allots candidates different test centres where they have to be present as per the given schedule on the admit card. Here are some cities where OPSC will conduct OPSC PGT examination.
OPSC PGT Teacher 2020 Vacancy Details
This year OPSC has advertised a total of 128 vacancies for the post of Postgraduate Teacher. Candidates can check the distribution of these vacancies from the image provided below.
OPSC PGT Selection Procedure 2020
Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the selection procedure for OPSC PGT recruitment through 02 stages which are:
- Written examination – 200 marks
- Interview Round (Viva Voce or Personality Test) – 50 marks
Those candidates who are able to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination are called for the interview round. Shortlisted candidates are invited for the interview with the documents they have provided for the application form.
Documents to carry for verification
- 10th certificate as the date of birth proof
- 12th certificate
- Bachelor of Science/BA/Degree/+3 Arts/+3 Science/Degree Certificate
- Master Degree Certificate
- B.Ed or equivalent degree
- Document indicating the B.EdInstituion/college
- Mark sheet in support of the aforesaid examination
- Two recent passport size photo
- Character certificate from the Principal/Dean of the institution last studied in
- Caste certificate for those candidates who are claiming reservation under SC/ST/SEBC categories
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-servicemen candidate have to submit an undertaking that he/she has not been appointed under the civil post after retirement
- Discharge certificate of an Ex-serviceman issued by the commanding officer of the last served unit
- Odia pass certificate from Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSE, Odisha) indicating that the candidate studies Odia as a language.
OPSC PGT Answer Key 2020
The conducting body activates the link to download OPSC PGT answer key 2020 on the official website, opsc.gov.in. Candidates can get their respective answer key from official website after the examination. The OPSC Postgraduate Teacher answer key carries all the correct answers to the questions that are asked in the exam. To know the estimate scores use the official answer key released by OPSC.
OPSC PGT Result 2020
After the release of answer key, OPSC starts the preparation of the result. Candidates can check their OPSC PGT result through opsc.gov.in. The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) releases the result in PDF format. The conducting body releases the separate result for OPSC PGT recruitment. In the OPSC PGT result, roll number of the selected candidates displays on the pdf. It also contains information related to the date of reporting time, interview, and time of the interview.
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2020 Application form
***Application Process is over now***
Odisha PSC conducts the application procedure for OPSC Postgraduate recruitment on opsconline.nic.in. Candidates have to visit the official website to register and submit the OPSC PGT application form. Keep a scanned copy of the recent passport size photograph and signature to upload during the complete procedure. After successful submission of OPSC PGT application form, a Unique application ID gets displays on the screen. Note the application ID and keep it safe until the recruitment process gets over.
- General Category – Rs 500
- SC, ST and PWD Candidates – No fee
OPSC PGT Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before candidates begin the application procedure, they must read the eligibility criteria once.
- A candidate who has a Master’s Degree in the subject concerned with at least 50% marks in aggregate OR Must have two years integrated post-graduate M.Sc course from the regional college of education NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate
- B.Ed or its equivalent Degree that is recognised by the National Council for teacher education, New Delhi as equivalent with B.Ed from a Recognised University
- Diploma or degree that is recognised in computer application is a desirable qualification subject to production of a certificate in support of the above qualification.
- A candidate must be under 32 years and above 21 years of age on 1st day of January 2019 i.e s/he must have born earlier than 02 Jan 1987 and not later than 01 January 1998
- The upper Age limit in case of the service contractual junior lecturer/Post graduate teacher working in a higher secondary school is 42 years as on 1 Jan 2019 for general Candidates.
Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the examination for Postgraduate Teacher. The commission was set up on April 01, 1949. Odisha PSC OPSC conducts several examinations such as Odisha Judicial Service Examination, Asst. Section Officer, Odisha Municipality Administration Service, Odisha Education Services, and many more.
To get more information related to OPSC PGT recruitment 2020, download notification.