RPF Constable Syllabus 2018 – Railway Ministry of India has released a notification for the Recruitment of 8619 Constable in Railway Protection Force (RPF). It is one of the biggest recruitment and candidates must prepare as per the Syllabus of RPF Constable to get through. The recruitment process of constable has three stages. The First Stage is the Computer Based Test, the second one is Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Measurement Test, and the last one is the Medical Examination. The candidates have to undergo each stage of the recruitment. Central Recruitment Committee (CRC) has released the RPF Constable Syllabus 2018 for CBT. The candidates who are going to appear in the examination can download the RPF Constable Syllabus 2018 and can check the examination scheme, and Preparation tips for CBT in this post.
If you are looking for RPF SI Syllabus 2018 – Click Here
RPF Constable Syllabus 2018
RPF Computer Based Test is going to be held in the month of September-October. The candidates who are going to apply for the examination will need to prepare well for the examination. For that, they will require the examination scheme and the syllabus of the RPF Constable Recruitment Exam 2018.
Computer Based Examination Syllabus for RPF Constable 2018
There are three Sections in the Computer Based Test. Those are General Awareness, Arithmetic, and General Intelligence and Reasoning.
General Awareness: This section will contain 50 question and will carry 50 marks. So this section has highest weight-age in the Paper. The question in this section will be based on the General general awareness of the environment. The main aim of this section is to test the General Knowledge of the candidate.
Arithmetic: This section is also called Quantitative Aptitude. This section contains 35 questions each of them carries one mark. The objective of this section to test the thinking capability of the candidate. ANd to accurately a candidate answer a question.
General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section will contain 35 questions. The main aim of this question is to judge the critical thinking of the candidate. the question in this section will be related to the analogies, similarities, and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving analysis, judgment, decision making, etc.
The candidates can download the RPF Constable Syllabus 2018 from here.
Examination Pattern for CBT in RPF Constable Recruitment 2018
The selection of the Constable in RPF will be on the basis of Computer Based Test, PET/ PMT, and Medical Examination. The scheme of the CBT is given here.
- Nature of the CBT: objective
- Marking scheme: The candidate has to mark the correct answer. On every correct answer, Candidate will be awarded one marks. On every wrong answer, 1/3 mark will be deducted.
- Mode of the Examination: The mode of CBT is Online.
- Language for Test: The test will be in 15 languages. Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujurati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri, Punjabi.
|1||General Awareness (50 Questions)||50|
|2||Arithmetic (35 Questions)||35|
|3||General Intelligence and Reasoning (35 Questions)||35|
Note: The date and time can be different for centers across the country simultaneously for all the Groups. The standard of the examination will be Graduation level.
How to Prepare for Computer Based Test in RPF Constable Recruitment 2018?
First of all, the candidates who are going to appear for the Computer-Based Test should have the knowledge that this is an online test with a timer. So your preparation should be so good so that you can solve all the question in very less time. We will share here some tips and tricks to make easy your preparations.
- At first get your examination scheme and syllabus. Now try to understand the examination scheme very well.
- Now divide the time for the preparations. After getting the scheme you are now aware of the points that which subjects have more weight.
- According to weight-age and your week points, you need to plan for improving your strength and reduce your week points.
- You will hardly get 45 seconds to solve one question. And if I am not wrong it will take around 30 sec to read a question properly. So you need to prepare so well, and your strategy of solving question should be proper.
- The General Awareness questions are purely based on the General Knowledge and the current affairs. So if you are too good with this then you can much time in the examination.
- To improve your GA you should read the newspaper daily or try to subscribe some news channel on your smartphone for latest updates of news.
- Quantitative Aptitude questions are harder and time taking while comparing to the Reasoning Question.
- Try to learn formulas and easy trick to solve a lengthy question. Just get the point what is asked the question and you can solve it easily.
- Try to give mock test online. After that analyze your score and weakest point.
- One thing should be noted here, that CBT has negative marking provision. So don’t answer each question in Over Confidence.
- At last, do not panic and try to keep calm while preparing. Eat healthily, sleep tight, do proper exercise. And do meditation as well if you feel anxiety.