TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2020: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission releases the TNPSC Group 1 syllabus 2020 on its official website i.e. tnpsc.gov.in. The syllabus is available in pdf format. TNPSC conducted the exam for the recruitment of Group 1 posts. The selection procedure consists of the following stages – preliminary exam, main exam and oral test (personal interview). Both prelims and mains examination is conducted in offline mode. The prelims exam paper consists of a multiple-choice question. The main examination is descriptive in nature. Scroll down for getting a detailed TNPSC Group 1 syllabus 2020 from this page.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2020
Candidates can get the completed syllabus from the link given on this page. The syllabus is available in pdf format. Candidates can prepare well with the help of the syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates can check the detailed TNPSC Group 1 syllabus 2020 from below:
Syllabus of Preliminary exam:
- Unit 1: General Science
- Unit 2: Current Events
- Unit 3: Geography of India
- Unit 4: History and Culture of India
- Unit 5: Indian polity
- Unit 6: Indian Economy
- unit 7: Indian National Movement
- Unit 8: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- Unit 9: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Unit 10: Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Unit 1: Modern history of India and Indian culture
- Unit 2: Social issues in India and Tamil Nadu
- Unit 3: General Aptitude & Mental Ability (10th Standard)
- Unit 1: Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India
- Unit 2: Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- Unit 3: Tamil Society ‐ Its Culture and Heritage
- Unit 1: Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Unit 2: Environment, Bio Diversity and Disaster Management
- Unit 3: Indian Economy – Current economic trends and impact of global economy on India
Click here to download complete TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2020
TNPSC Group 1 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 1 2020 exam pattern from below:
Language of Exam: Both exams are conducted in English and Tamil Language
Duration of Exam:
- Preliminary Exam: 3 hours
- Main Exam (Written exam): 3 hours for each paper
Mode of Exam: Both exams are conducted in offline mode.
- Preliminary Exam: 300 marks
- Main Exam (Written exam): 750 marks + 100 marks (Interview)
Marks for correct answers: Each correct answer is added 1.5 marks to the candidate’s total score.
Candidates can check section wise marks and questions from the table given below:
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability||25|
TNPSC Group 1 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates must ensure that they covered every topic of the syllabus. Make a strategy according to the syllabus and given time. Candidates can check mentioned below preparation tips for TNPSC Group 1 examination to boost their preparation and improve their TNPSC Group 1 Result.
- Download and solve previous year question paper to know about the changing pattern of exam. Previous year question papers help the aspirants to give a brief description about exam pattern. Some questions in the exam are asked from previous year question papers.
- In order to well prepare for the General Studies, read daily newspaper for current affairs. It also helps in increasing political knowledge.
- Attempt mock tests to increase your accuracy. Candidates can check their preparation by attempting the mock tests. It also helps in increasing confidence among aspirants.
- In order to prepare well for the English part, candidates can read online journals, English newspapers. It helps in increasing the knowledge about vocabulary.
- Do not leave questions for further. Try to understand each topic clearly.
- Make notes for last-minute revision. You can write important topics and news from the newspaper. It helps you in the last few days of the exam.