TS SET 2020 – Telangana State – State Eligibility Test is conducted by Osmania University. TS SET exam is conducted each year for recruitment and promotions of Lecturers / Assistant Professor in Degree Colleges / Universities as per the University Grants Commission Regulations. To apply for the TS SET exam, candidates must have a Master’s degree with minimum of 55% marks in the exam. The examination for TS State Eligibility Test is conducted as an offline examination. The duration of Telangana State SET is of 03 hours in which aspirants have to attempt 150 questions. Every important detail related to TS SET is provided in this article. Aspirants can get complete information about the exam here.
TS SET 2020
The examination for TS SET is conducted by Osmania University each year. Candidates can get important dates related to the Stat Eligibility Test – Telangana State 2020 below.
|TS SET 2020||Important Dates|
|Release date of notification||To be announced|
|Start date of application||To be announced|
|Last date to submit applications||To be announced|
|Release date of admit card||To be announced|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Overview of TS SET Exam
Telangana State SET exam is a state level examination that is conducted on a yearly basis. Last time the examination was conducted in the year 2019. Before diving right into the events of the examinations, read on to know what TS SET exam is about.
|Name of Exam||Telangana State Eligibility Test|
|Name of the Post||Lecturers / Assistant Professors|
|Age Limit||No upper age limit for Telangana State SET|
|Educational Qualification||Only those candidates who have completed or are|
in final year of PG degree in related
subjects are eligible to appear TS-SET. Others need not apply.
|Selection Process||Selection of the candidates of TS SET is determined on Written Examination.|
The information that is provided in this page is determined by TS SET the previous year. soon after the conducting body releases new notification, we will update it on our page.
TS SET Application Form 2020
The application procedure for TS SET is conducted only through online process. To initiate the procedure, browse the official website which is telanganaset.org. A gist of how applicants can register themselves to take the exam is provided here:
- Before filling the application form, aspirants need to register themselves online.
- After registration, use the login details to log in and fill the TS SET application form.
- Candidates have to pay the required application fee along with the additional transaction charges.
- Do not forget to take a print out of confirmation page after the payment.
Mode of Payment
Osmania University accepts the application fee that is paid through online mode. For the online payment, aspirants can use the following methods –
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
TS SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying we advise aspirants to read the eligibility criteria first. Later in the verification stage the candidate’s eligibility is verified. If any aspirant is found ineligible his/her candidature will be cancelled.
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for Telangana State SET.
- Candidate must have a master’s degree with minimum 55% marks (50% for reserved category).
- Those candidates are also eligible who are appearing in the final year or appeared in master’s exam or exam has been delayed or the result is awaited. However, such candidates are required to produce their degree certificate with 02 years from the declaration of result.
- Candidates who hold PhD degree and have completed their master’s degree before September 19, 1991, are given 05% relaxation on postgraduation aggregate marks.
TS SET Admit Card 2020
Those candidates who have submitted their online application form for TS SET can download the hall ticket. The admit card for TS SET releases on the official website, telanaganaset.org. Keep the login details namely application number and password ready to download TS SET hall ticket. Do not forget to take a clear print out of TS SET admit card as aspirants have to carry it to the exam centre. Osmania University will convey the exam centre, timings and schedule for the exam through TS SET admit card.
How To Prepare for Telangana SET
With the increasing number of aspirants appearing for Telangana SET exam each year intensifies the level of the exam. Only a few candidates are able to qualify the exam in their first attempt with flying colours. If candidates have the dream of qualifying the exam then he/she should start the preparation months before the exam. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication and a few preparation tips to crack the exam. We are suggesting here some tips that may help Agalsem readers to qualify the exam in their first attempt.
- Decide the subject which aspirants wish to appear for Paper 2. They Can either select the subject which is easy to comprehend or the one in which they are excellent at. Next step should be collecting the basic information like syllabus, exam pattern, best books, previous year papers, etc.
- Plan a time table in which each subject and paper gets adequate time. We advise our readers to start with the Paper 1 syllabus as it is comparatively easy than Paper 2.
- Reference books play an important part in the preparation. It can mould the shape of preparation in a better way. Aspirants can buy books from Amazon or various online institutes.
- Talking of Online institutes, aspirants can join online classes as well offered by these institutes. It will be helpful to comprehend the topics crystal clear.
Tips and Tricks to Prepare for TS SET Exam
The video provided below by Tut2learn discusses how an aspirants can prepare for the exam. Click on the youtube video below and start the exam preparation now!
TS SET 2020 Exam Pattern
The Telangana State SET is conducted in objective mode. The test consists of two papers. Both the papers consist of multiple-choice questions.
Paper-I: General paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude:
This paper is of general nature intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will be primarily designed to test comprehension, reasoning ability, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. There will be 50 multiple-choice questions carrying two marks each.
Paper-II: Subject Paper:
Paper-2 consists of multiple-choice questions based on the subject selected by the candidates. The paper will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. The candidates will have to answer all the questions.
Subjects for Paper ii
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Applications
- Earth Science
- Life Sciences
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Library and Information Science
- Social Work
- Environmental Studies
TS SET Syllabus and Question Paper
Question paper for Paper-I is common for all subjects in which SET is conducted and it will be bilingual (English and Telugu). Paper-II of certain subjects will also be bi-lingual and details are furnished above. The syllabus for Paper-I, Paper-II is not sent to the candidates by the university. The candidates can download the syllabus of their subjects from HERE .
TS SET Answer Key 2020
Once the examination is conducted, the conducting body releases the answer key for TS SET online. Initially, the provisional Telangana State SET answer key is released on the official website. Candidates can utilize this answer key to estimate scores for the exam. Osmania University opens the window to raise objections against the provisional answer key; that too through online process. Hereafter, a final answer key is releases based on the objections raised by aspirants.
TS SET Result 2020
Once the process of TS SET objections is over, Osmania University starts the preparation for the declaration of result. Candidates can check the Telangana State SET result by visiting the official website, telanganaset.org. After Successful completion of the examination, qualified candidates are awarded with eligibility certificate for Assistant Professor. Only top 06% of the total candidates who have appeared in both papers and are able to secure qualifying marks are declared as TS TET qualified.
About Osmania University
Osmania University is situated in University town, Hyderabad. This university was founded in the year 1918 after Mir Osman Ali Khan’s name. Osmania University is one of its kind in India as it has Urdu as a medium of instruction. It has the largest university system with over 300,000 students on its campus and affiliated colleges.