UPPSC BEO 2020: The examinationfor UPPSC BEO is postponed. Candidtes can get the important notice from this page. The posts advertised are for Block Education Officer (BEO) with 309 vacancies. The admit card for UPPSC BEO 2020 is now available at the official website, uppsc.up.nic.in. Get here complete details of UPPSC BEO 2020 including application form, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus.
Latest: UPPSC BEO Exam Postponed due to sudden outbreak of the epidemic. Check the official notification below.
UPPSC BEO 2020
A total number of 309 vacancies is released by UPPSC for the post of Block Education Officer (BEO). Check important dates for UPPSC BEO 2020 in the table below.
|UPPSC BEO 2020||Important Dates|
|Start of application procedure||13 Dec 2019|
|The last date to submit online fee||10 Jan 2020|
|Last date for the submission of application form||13 Jan 2020|
|Release of admit card||11 Mar 2020|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
UPPSC BEO 2020 Exam Postponed
The examination for UPPSC BEO is now postponed. Earlier, the examination date was March 22, 2020. However, due to the sudden outbreak of the epidemic conducting body has decided to postpone the examination. New UPPSC BEO 2020 Exam Date releases on the website. Get the official notification below.
UPPSC BEO Admit Card 2020
UPPSC releases admit card for UPPSDC BEO on the official website. To download call letter, candidates have to visit the official website, uppsc.up.nic.in. For each stage, UPPSC releases separate call letters. As admit card is available through login, candidates need to enter their registration number, gender and date of birth. On the admit card, information related to the exam centre, date and time of the exam, a roll number is provided to candidates. Once candidates are allotted with exam centre no further request for the change in the centre is accepted.
UPPSC BEO Exam Pattern 2020
Check the examination pattern for UPPSC BEO 2020 below.
- Mode of examination: Prelims and main examination is conducted as an offline examination.
- Type of questions: In prelims exam, candidates have to answer objective questions. In the main examination, descriptive (essay) type questions are asked.
- Duration of examination: Prelimins examination is conducted for 2 hours. The main examination is conducted for 3 hours.
- Maximum Marks: Prelims examination is conducted for 300 marks wheres mains for 400 marks. Each section of mains examination is conducted for 200 marks.
- Number of questions: 120 questions are asked in prelims and mains examination respectively.
- Marking scheme: In pre-exam, there is a negative marking of 1/3rd marks of each question.
UPPSC BEO Syllabus 2020
For the preparation of UPPSC BEO 2020, candidates can refer to the UPPSC BEO syllabus 2020 provided below:
- General science, history, Indian national movement, Indian polity, economy and culture, Indian agriculture, commerce and trade, population, ecology, and urbanization, world geography an Indian geography and natural resources of India, current national and international events, general intelligence, elementary mathematics.
- History of India, Indian economy, international affairs and institutions, Indian agriculture, Indian politics, the geography of India, Indian national movement, recent developments in education, specific knowledge regarding culture, agriculture, and social tradition of Uttar Pradesh.
General Hindi and Essay
- Apthit gadyansh, adhisuchna, aalekhan, vilom shabd, arthbodh, vakya rachna, etc and essays.
UPPSC BEO 2020 Application Form
UPPSC conducts the application process online at the official website, uppsc.up.nic.in. To apply, candidates must keep an active email address and mobile number.
How to apply?
To apply for UPSC BEO, candidates first have to register themselves. To register, visit the official website. In the registration form, fill the basic details asked to the candidates like name, father’s name, mobile number, etc. After filling the basic registration form, check all the details entered in the form. If there is any incorrect details, then click on the ‘edit’ button. After corrections, Click on ‘submit application’. Next step is to pay the requisite application fee online. After submission of application fee, upload the images as per the specification.
Submission of application can only be done through online mode using credit/debit/net banking. Check the application fee for UPPSC BEO 2020:
|Category||Exam Fee||Processing fee||Total|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||Rs.40/-||Rs.25/-||Rs.65/-|
|Format||jpe, jpeg, jpg, png, tiff|
|Size||Maximum 50 KB|
|Dimension||3.5 cm x 6.0 cm|
UPPSC BEO Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for UPPSC Block Education Officer (BEO) 2020 is as follows:
- Applicants with a bachelor’ degree in education are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with LT diploma of government training college or government basic education college.
- The minimum age limit of a candidate is 21 years.
- The maximum age limit for a candidate is 40 years.
- for physically challenged candidate, upper age limit is 55 years.
- Male candidates who have married and have more one wife living are not eligible for the post.
- Female candidates who have married a man with a wife are not eligible.
UPPSC BEO 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates is done through preliminary and main examination. Get detailed selection procedure here:
- Preliminary exam: In the preliminary examination, candidates have to take general studies paper (compulsory). Prelims examination has objective type questions. After qualifying prelims, candidates have to fill in the application form to appear for the main exam.
- Main Examination: The Main examination is conducted as written examination. Candidates have to write an essay in the main examination.
Qualifying Marks for UPPSC BEO 2020
UPPSC has prescribed the minimum efficiency standard for final selection. This means that candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the main examination for final selection. Check the minimum efficiency standard below:
UPPSC BEO 2020 Answer Key
After the commencement of examination, UPPSC releases answer keys on the official website, uppsc.up.nic.in. To view key answer sheet, candidates have to click on ‘click here to view key answer sheet’. On the next page, link to view answer keys are displayed.
During the examination, candidates are provided with OMR sheets in duplicate i.e original copy and candidate’s copy. After the examination, candidates have to handover original answer sheet to the invigilator. Candidates can carry copy of the OMR with them.
UPPSC BEO Result 2020
UPPSC declares UPPSC BEO result 2020 online at the official website. Candidates can check their result from uppsc.up/nic.in. Candidates have to fulfil the minimum efficiency standard for UPPSC BEO 2020 as prescribed by UPPSC. For selection of candidates, prelims and main examination is organized. The final selection of candidates is done on the basis of total marks secured by the candidates in the main examination.
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) was set up on April 1, 1937, in Prayagraj (Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh. UPPSC is a state agency which conducts the civil service examination for entry-level appointments for the state of Uttar Pradesh. Function of UPPSC is to select candidates on the basis of preliminary examination, main examination, interview round, screening test. UPPSC deals with the matters related to the promotion, service rules, disciplinary actions and advice to the UP government.
Official website: uppsc.up.nic.in
UPPSC BEO 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The official website of UPPSC for BEO is uppsc.up.nic.in.
Ans : Candidates have to secure minimum 40% marks in UPPSC BEO.
Ans : Yes. In the preliminary examination, there is a provision of negative marking of 1/3rd of marks for each questions.
Ans : Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in education to apply for UPPSC BEO.