UPSC Geo-Scientist Result 2022- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC Geo-Scientist result 2022 online at upsc.gov.in. The commission shortlists the candidates and releases the results in a merit list format with their respective roll numbers mentioned.The selection process takes place in three rounds and candidates securing the highest combined scores are selected. Get complete details of UPSC Geo-Scientist result 2022 from this article.
Latest: UPSC Geo-Scientist Result 2022 out. Check here.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Result 2022
The selection for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2022 takes place in 3 stages- Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Personal Interview rounds. Moreover, the results are also announced separately. Interested and eligible should check the important dates regarding UPSC Geo-Scientist result 2022 below:
|Important Events||Important dates|
|Preliminary Exam Date||20 Feb 2022|
|Prelims Result Declaration Date||25 Mar 2022|
|Mains Exam Date||25 & 26 Jun 2022|
|Mains Result Declaration Date||July/Aug 2022 (Tentative)|
|Personality Test Date||To be announced|
|Personality Test Result Declaration Date||To be announced|
Check result here: Click here to check UPSC Geo-Scientist result 2022.
How to check UPSC Geo-Scientist Result 2022?
UPSC declares the UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022 result after the exam is over. Candidates can check the result by clicking on the direct link available in this article. Once released, candidates can download the result by following the steps given below:
1st Step: Visit the official website, upsc.gov.in
2nd Step: Next, click on the link “Geo-Scientist Result 2022” available in the ‘what’s new’ section
3rd Step: Thereafter, UPSC Geo-Scientist result PDF appears on the screen
4th Step: The candidate should be ready with the roll number and then view the result
What After UPSC Geoscientist Prelims Result is Out?
Aspirants who clear the prelims exam become eligible to appear for UPSC geoscientist mains exam. Before appearing for the exam, aspirants have to submit UPSC geoscientist DAF 2022. The form will be available online at upsc.gov.in. Candidates should keep the following documents with them to fill UPSC geoscientist DAF.
- Age certificate
- Educational Qualification certificate
- Certificate in support of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Economically Weaker Sections and Other Backward Classes where applicable
- Certificate in support of age relaxation claim
- Benchmark disability certificate (if applicable)
UPSC Geo-Scientist Cut-off marks 2022
UPSC releases the cut-off marks for UPSC Geo-Scientist after the conclusion of the exam process. All the candidates can check cut-off marks online for various posts under the exam. Check the previous year UPSC Geo-Scientist cut off below.
UPSC Geo-Scientist 2020 Cut Off
UPSC Geo-Scientist Tie-Breaking Criteria 2022
When the commission is disputed between the ranking of candidates on the merit list, the tie-breaking criteria is used to resolve the issue. Check out the detailed tie-breaking criteria for UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022 exam below:
If in case two or more candidates have obtained equal marks in the UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022 exam, the tie-breaking criteria approved by the commission will determine the further selection process.
- The candidate scoring higher marks in Geology/Geophysics/Chemistry/Hydrogeology papers and Personality test combined will be ranker higher than other candidates even if the final scores is same.
- Seniority in age will be considered as a criteria of selection, if two or more candidates obtain equal marks in Geology/Geophysics/Chemistry/Hydrogeology papers and Personality test combined
UPSC Geo-Scientist Selection procedure 2022
The candidates are selected for the announced vacancies based on their performance in three rounds-prelims, mains and personal interview round. All candidates must check the selection procedure for UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022 exam mentioned below:
Stage-I: The Computer Based Geo-Scientist Exam is objective and consists of two papers. On qualifying the Prelims, the candidates are selected for the Geo-Scientist Main) Exam. The candidates should note that the marks secured in the Preliminary Exam will be counted for deciding the final merit.
Stage-II: Geo-Scientist Main Exam is a descriptive test. It consists of three papers and if qualified, the candidates get selected for the Personality Test. Marks secured in the Main Exam will be counted in preparing the final merit list.
Stage-III: The Personality Test/Interview is the last and final stage. It holds 200 marks.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Vacancies 2022
The Geo-Scientist exam is conducted to fill the vacancies in various departments of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The vacancies are announced on the official website of the commission.
What after UPSC Geo-Scientist Result 2022 is out?
The result releases through the official website, upsc.gov.in. Candidates can check the exam through the official website only. After the result is released, the candidates have to appear for document verification with reference to original documents. Until this process, the selection is provisional. Check the documents mentioned below regarding the UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022:
- Marksheet of class 10th
- Marksheet of class 12th
- Age proof
- Government issued photo Id card
- Caste reservation certificate(if applicable)
- Disability certificate(if applicable)
- Government servants undertaking(if applicable)
- North- eastern domicile (if applicable)
- Defence personnel certificate (if applicable)
About UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2022
The Geo-Scientist exam is conducted each year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The candidates must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and maximum eligible age of 35 years for Jr. Hydrologists and 32 years for other posts in order to sit for the exam. The candidates are required to have obtained a master’s degree in the related subjects to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the commission. In addition, the candidates must be physically fit for admission to the Geo-Scientist exam, in accordance with the guidelines set by the UPSC.
- Check results here: Click here to check UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Mains Result 2021.
- Marks: Click here to check Marks of Recommended Candidates of Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Exam, 2021.
Check 2020 Result Here:
Click here to check UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Final Result 2020.
- Click here to check the Interview schedule.
- Check here to check UPSC Geologist Result 2020 (Mains) – With name
- Check here to check UPSC Geologist Result 2020 (Mains) – With roll number only
- Click here to check UPSC Geologist Result 2020 (Prelims) – With name
- Click here to check UPSC Geologist Result 2020 (Prelims) – With roll number only
Check 2019 Result Here:
- Click here to check marks of recommended candidates of UPSC Geologist and Geoscientist 2019.
- Click here to check final result of UPSC Geologist and Geoscientist 2019.
- Check Here to check and download the Geo-Scientist and Geologist, 2019 personality test schedule.
- Click here to check UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam, 2019 written result
- Click here to check UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam, 2019 Written Result (with name)
Ans 1: The result for UPSC Geo-Scientist is announced on the official website i.e upsc.gov.in
Ans 2: The result for UPSC Geo-Scientist is released in PDF format for all the shortlisted candidates.
Ans 3: The candidates can give infinite attempts until crossing the maximum eligible age i.e 35 Years ( Jr. Hydrologists) and 32 Years for other posts.