Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is organizing Engineering Services Examination (ESE / IES) 2018. The IES 2018 preliminary exam is on January 7, 2018. IES 2018 notification has been released. Also, application form is available starting from September 27, 2017. Those who fulfill eligibility conditions can apply in online mode. Details of the examination have been widely publicized through online and offline medium, inviting aspirants to appear for the exam to get selection in engineering services. Candidates need to qualify in preliminary exam, main exam, interview. The standard of examination is the same as expected of an Engineering / Science graduate. Get here complete details of IES 2018 exam date, registration, admit card, result, cut off, syllabus, pattern.
UPSC IES 2018
The official notification of UPSC IES 2018, also referred to as UPSC ESE 2018, is now available. UPSC has released notification with vacancies in online and offline medium. All events of the IES 2018 are as per following schedule.
|UPSC IES 2018 Notification Publication||27 Sep 2017|
|Start of application form submission||27 Sep 2017|
|Last date to apply||23 Oct 2017|
|Availability of admit card||Dec 2017|
|Date of prelims exam||07 Jan 2018|
|Prelims result announcement (expected)||Feb 2018|
|Date of mains exam (expected)||May 2018|
|Personality test / interview (expected)||July 2018|
UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2018 is for recruitment to 588 vacancies in services / posts in four categories which are as follows:
- Civil Engineering (Category I)
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
Category-wise vacancies will be available with results.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Question Paper||Click Here|
IES 2018 Notification
You can read the complete notification here. Or use the link above to download it.
IES 2018 Exam: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of the examination have to be satisfied in order to be recruited. The norms of eligibility are as stated below:
- The applicant should be a resident of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan. Tibetan Refugees who came to India before 1st Jan 1962 are also eligible to apply.
- Any Indian origin person migrated from countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka from neighboring countries should hold an eligibility certificate from Government of India.
- Burma and Eastern African Countries with an intention of permanently residing in India are also eligible to apply.
- For all the above-mentioned candid
- The applicant should possess a degree in Engineering from a recognized University or Institute by the Government of India.
- The candidates who have attained M.sc degree with Electronics, Wireless Communications and Radio Physics as a special subject can apply for certain posts.
Aspirants who want to apply for IES 2018 Exam should lie in the age group of 21-30 years on 1st August of 2018 or the year of examination. Relaxation in age will be provided to reserved categories as per government norms.
- Government servants will be given a 5-year relaxation in upper age limit.
- For SC/ST 5 years relaxation will be provided
- For OBC 3 years relaxation will be provided
- The candidate who is found to be a subject of Jammu Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 will also be provided with an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Ex-Serviceman will be offered an age relaxation of 5 years
- Physically Handicapped and disabled will be given an age relaxation of 10 years.
IES 2018 Exam: Application Form
Candidates have to visit the official website to apply for IES exam 2018. Candidates are requested to go through the form carefully to avoid any mistakes. Students have to complete Part I registration followed by Part II. Fill in all the important details then upload documents, photograph, signature followed by fee payment. Submit the form and keep registration number or application number with you for future reference. Candidates will have to fill UPSC IES Application Form 2018 on or before the last date that is 23 Oct 2017.
IES 2018 Exam Application Form: Steps to Apply
The step by step procedure to register yourself for the IES 2018 exam is listed below. Following these steps would make applying for the IES 2018 exam much more hassle free:
- Visit the official website i.e. upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the link “Apply Online”
- Start filling in your details complete the Part I of registration by filling in the required information such as Name, Address, Age, DOB, Educational Qualification Phone number etc.
- Once you have filled in all the details for the Part I registration process. Check it carefully and submit
- Once you have successfully completed the Part I of your registration. Begin with the Part II registration procedure
- Firstly you have to make the online payment of application fees through any online payment mode.
- Once the fees are paid. Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of their photograph and signature.
- Select the exam center
- Finally, agree to the declaration and submit the form
- Take out a hard copy of your application form and note down the necessary details for future reference.
IES 2018 Exam Application Form: Fee and Payment
The UPSC IES Exam 2018 Application Form, the application Fee payment can be done through any online mode like Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Pay-in-Slip, etc. from a State Bank of India which is a recognized bank by the government of India. The fees for application form is listed below:
- Female / SC / ST / PH – No Fees
- Others – Rs. 200
UPSC conducts Written Examination and Personal Interviews. The written exam comprises of two exams – Preliminary and Mains. Candidates are required to qualify as per the IES cut off set by the commission. Clearing Prelims is essential to proceed to the Mains Exam. The mains exam is qualifying criteria for a Personal Interview session. Shortlisted candidates will be called for final stage i.e. Personality Test. The final results and merit list form the basis of an appointment letter in the name of the candidate.
IES 2018 Exam Pattern
- The preliminary exam is an objective paper whereas Mains exam is a conventional paper.
- Candidates will have to clear prelims to appear for Mains examination.
- Those who qualify mains will proceed to the personality test.
- Both the sections of the written test cover the entire syllabus of relevant engineering subject (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering).
The IES 2018 exam pattern is listed in the table below:
|Preliminary Examination||Objective||Paper I||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude||200|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Mains Examination||Conventional||Paper I||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline||300|
UPSC IES Syllabus
Candidates have to be thorough with IES Exam 2018 syllabus to score well in the examination. Hence, the table below consists of all the important topics that the candidates need to prepare.
|Electronics and Telecommunication||
|Electronics and Telecommunication||
IES Admit Card 2018
IES Exam 2018 admit card for both prelims and mains are released separately. Candidates must take note that the admit card is released 3 weeks before the commencement of the exam. It can be obtained from the official website of UPSC by entering the required details. The Prelims admit card would be issued to all the applicants whereas only the candidates who qualify prelims would be issued the admit card for the IES Main examination
Steps To Download
- Visit the official website upsc.gov.in/
- Click on the “Admit Card” Tab
- Click on the Link “Download IES Admit Card 2018”
- Enter registration number and date of birth
- Admit Card of IES 2018 Prelims Exam will be displayed on the screen
- Download the admit card and take out a hard copy for future use
Details on the Admit Card
The IES 2018 Admit Card will mention the following details. Candidates should ensure that all the details on the admit card are correct :
- Roll Number
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Examination
IES 2018 Result
IES exam 2018 Results will be declared separately for each stage of the examination. Candidates must regularly check the official website of UPSC to stay updated with the status of result declaration. Candidates who will qualify the prelims shall only proceed to the mains examination, those who do not qualify will not be able to sit for IES 2018 Mains exam.
Steps to Check Result
- Go to the official website of UPSC, search for result link.
- The candidates will get a pdf file declaring the results.
- Download and open it. Use search command to locate your roll number in list.
Sample and Previous Year Papers
IES exam 2018 is a hard nut to crack. Hence, candidates need to work really hard and prepare well for the examination. Practicing from previous year question papers is one of the best tricks to practice and prepare for the test. Candidates we advise you all to get last year paper and practice them. Practicing from prior years question paper candidates will become familiar with the different types of questions. Most of the questions come in the IES exam are repeated. You can get the IES previous year papers on the internet.
How to prepare for UPSC IES?
Prepare well for the examination. Hence, here we have listed a few tips that would help the candidate to prepare and score well:
- Time management is really important for a student preparing for any competitive examination. Develop a timetable and follow it.
- Do not forget your NCERT’s
- Start preparing at least 6 months prior to the examination.The syllabus is vast hence the earlier you start the earlier you finish the syllabus
- Understanding the exam pattern is really important to score well in the IES 2018 Exam.
- Every topper swears by mock tests and sample papers. Hence, incorporate practicing from the sample papers and prior years paper in your preparation process.
- Invest in the right preparation books
- Exercise and Eat Healthy.
- Being nervous or stressed will only make you forget what you have studied so keep a calm mind.
Best Books Recommended for IES / ESE Preparation
Here is a list of books that would help you prepare better for IES 2018.
|Books||Link To Avail|
|Crack Civil Services in First Attempt||Click here|
|IAS Mains Chapterwise Solved Papers General Studies||Click Here|
|23 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2017)||Click Here|
|General Studies Manual Paper-1 2018||Click Here|
|NCERT 4100: A compilation of Multiple Choice Questions based on NCERT Text Books of Standards VI to XII (Both old and New editions) for IAS Prelims 2018||Click Here|
Once the exam results are declared, candidates must check the IES 2018 cut off by visiting the official website and ensure that they qualify to the next stage. The cut off will be released within a week of the declaration of results. Candidates will need to score over or equal to the qualifying marks to enter the next stage of the examination. The table below consists of previous year’s cut off list
|Electronics & Tele communication Eng.||221||205||167||171||123||—|
|Electronics & Tele communication Eng.||549||508||447||479||350||—|
|Electronics & Tele communication Eng.||713||675||611||590||471||—|