|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
|Bennett University MBA Admission 2018||Enquire Now!|
|MAT 2017 (December)||Get All Details Here|
UPSC IES 2018 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is organizing Engineering Services Examination (ESE / IES) 2018. The IES 2018 preliminary exam is on January 7, 2018. The IES 2018 Application Process is now over. The UPSC will soon be issuing the admit card for IES Prelims exam 2017. The candidates have successfully registered for the exam will be able to download their UPSC IES 2018 Admit Card. The Admit Card or E-Admission Certificate for UPSC IES 2018 will be available for download three weeks before the exam. candidates. The UPSC is conducting the Engineering Services Examination (ESE- 2018) to fill approximately 588 including 18 PH(LDCP‐15 & HI‐03) vacancies. The Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Services/ Posts such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. The candidates need to qualify the preliminary exam, main exam, interview. The standard of examination is the same as expected of an Engineering / Science graduate. Get here complete details of IES 2018 exam date, registration, admit card, result, cut off, syllabus, pattern.
UPSC IES 2018
The UPSC will conduct Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-1) Examination which is an Objective Type Paper for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II, i.e., Engineering Services (Main/Stage-2) Examination. The ESE Main/Stage-II Examination is a Conventional Type Paper and the next stage is the Personality Test which will be carrying 200 marks.
Important Dates for UPSC IES 2018
All events of the IES 2018 will be conducted as per following schedule.
|UPSC IES 2018 Notification Publication||27 Sep 2017|
|Start of application form submission||27 Sep 2017|
|Last date to apply||23 Oct 2017|
|Availability of admit card||Dec 2017|
|Date of prelims exam||07 Jan 2018|
|Prelims result announcement (expected)||Feb 2018|
|Date of mains exam (expected)||May 2018|
|Personality test/interview (expected)||July 2018|
UPSC IES 2018 Recruitment
UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2018 is for recruitment to 588 vacancies in services/posts in four categories which are as follows:
- Civil Engineering (Category I)
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
The IES 2018 Vacancy Branch wise and Category-wise will be available with results.
IES 2018 Notification
You can read the complete notification here. Or use the link above to download it.
IES 2018 Exam Pattern
- The preliminary exam is an objective paper whereas Mains exam is a conventional paper.
- Furthermore, candidates will have to clear prelims to appear for Mains examination.
- There is a negative marking of 0.33 of the marks assigned to that question.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be the same penalty as above.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Those who qualify mains will proceed to the personality test.
- Both the sections of the written test cover the entire syllabus of relevant engineering subject (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering).
The IES 2018 Exam Pattern is listed in the table below:
|Preliminary Examination||Objective||Paper I||2 hrs||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude||200|
|Paper II||3 hrs||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Mains Examination||Conventional||Paper I||3 hrs||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Paper II||3 hrs||Engineering Discipline||300|
Engineering Services Examination 2018 Syllabus
Candidates have to be thorough with IES Exam 2018 syllabus to score well in the examination. Hence, the table below consists of all the important topics that the candidates need to prepare.
|Electronics and Telecommunication||
|Electronics and Telecommunication||
IES Admit Card 2018
IES Exam 2018 admit card for both prelims and mains are released separately. Candidates must take note that the admit card is released 3 weeks before the commencement of the exam. It can be obtained from the official website of UPSC by entering the required details. The Prelims admit card would be issued to all the applicants whereas only the candidates who qualify prelims would be issued the admit card for the IES Main examination
Steps To Download
- Visit the official website upsc.gov.in/
- Click on the “Admit Card” Tab
- Click on the Link “Download IES Admit Card 2018”
- Enter registration number and date of birth
- Admit Card of IES 2018 Prelims Exam will appear on the screen
- Download the admit card and take out a hard copy for future use
UPSC conducts Written Examination and Personal Interviews. The written exam comprises of two exams – Preliminary and Mains. Candidates are required to qualify as per the IES cut off as set by the commission. Therefore, clearing Prelims is essential to proceed to the Mains Exam. The mains exam is qualifying criteria for a Personal Interview session. Shortlisted candidates will be called for final stage i.e. Personality Test. The final results and merit list form the basis of an appointment letter in the name of the candidate.
Sample and Previous Year Papers
IES exam 2018 is a hard nut to crack. Hence, candidates need to work really hard and prepare well for the examination. Practicing from previous year question papers is one of the best tricks to practice and prepare for the test. Candidates we advise you all to get last year paper and practice them. Practicing from prior years question paper candidates will become familiar with the different types of questions. Also, most of the questions that come in the IES exam are repeated. You can get the IES previous year papers on the internet.
How to prepare for UPSC IES?
Prepare well for the examination. Hence, here we have listed a few tips that would help the candidate to prepare and score well:
- Time management is really important for a student preparing for any competitive examination. Develop a timetable and follow it.
- Do not forget your NCERT’s
- Start preparing at least 6 months prior to the examination.The syllabus is vast hence the earlier you start the earlier you finish the syllabus
- Most of all, understanding the exam pattern is really important to score well in the IES 2018 Exam.
- Every topper swears by mock tests and sample papers. Hence, incorporate practicing from the sample papers and prior years paper in your preparation process.
- Invest in the right preparation books
- Exercise and Eat Healthy.
- Being nervous will only make you forget what you have studied so keep a calm mind.
Best Books Recommended for IES / ESE Preparation
Here is a list of books that would help you prepare better for IES 2018.
|Books||Link To Avail|
|Crack Civil Services in First Attempt||Click here|
|IAS Mains Chapterwise Solved Papers General Studies||Click Here|
|23 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2017)||Click Here|
|General Studies Manual Paper-1 2018||Click Here|
|NCERT 4100: A compilation of Multiple Choice Questions based on NCERT Text Books of Standards VI to XII (Both old and New editions) for IAS Prelims 2018||Click Here|
IES 2018 Exam: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of the examination have to be satisfied in order to be recruited. The norms of eligibility are as stated below:
- The applicant should be a resident of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan. Tibetan Refugees who came to India before 1st Jan 1962 are also eligible to apply.
- Any Indian origin person migrated from countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka from neighboring countries should hold an eligibility certificate from Government of India.
- Burma and Eastern African Countries with an intention of permanently residing in India are also eligible to apply.
- For all the above-mentioned candid
- The applicant should possess a degree in Engineering from a recognized University or Institute by the Government of India.
- The candidates who have attained M.sc degree with Electronics, Wireless Communications and Radio Physics as a special subject can apply for certain posts.
Aspirants who want to apply for IES 2018 Exam should lie in the age group of 21-30 years on 1st August of 2018 or the year of examination. Relaxation in age will be provided to reserved categories as per government norms.
- Government servants will be given a 5-year relaxation in upper age limit.
- For SC/ST 5 years relaxation will be provided
- For OBC 3 years relaxation will be provided
- The candidate who is found to be a subject of Jammu Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 will also be provided with an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Ex-Serviceman will be offered an age relaxation of 5 years
- Physically Handicapped and disabled will be given an age relaxation of 10 years.
ESE 2018 Application Form
The application process for IES 2018 is now over. However, candidates can learn about it here:
Candidates have to visit the official website to apply for IES exam 2018. Candidates are requested to go through the form carefully to avoid any mistakes. Students have to complete Part I registration followed by Part II. Fill in all the important details then upload documents, photograph, signature followed by fee payment. Submit the form and keep registration number or application number with you for future reference.
IES 2018 Application Fees and Payment
The UPSC IES Exam 2018 Application Fee payment can be done through an online mode such as Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Pay-in-Slip, etc. from a State Bank of India which is a recognized bank by the government of India. The fees for application form is listed below:
- Female / SC / ST / PH – No Fees
- Others – Rs. 200
IES 2018 Result
The UPSC will declare the IES exam 2018 Results separately for each stage of the examination. The result for UPSC IES 2018 shall be available in pdf format. Candidates who will qualify the prelims shall only proceed to the mains examination. Those who do not qualify will not be able to sit for IES 2018 Mains exam.
Finally, after the declaration of the exam results, candidates must check the IES 2018 cut off by visiting the official website and ensure that they qualify for the next stage. The cut off shall be probably available within a week of the declaration of results. Candidates will need to score over or equal to the qualifying marks to enter the next stage of the examination. The table below consists of previous year’s cut off list
Electrical Eng.Electrical Eng.Electrical Eng.
|Electronics & Telecommunication Eng.||221||205||167||171||123||—|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Eng.||549||508||447||479||350||—|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Eng.||713||675||611||590||471||—|