WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020: Public Service Commission, West Bengal has released the supplementary exam date for Clerkship Examination 2020 part 2 over its official website, pscwbonline.gov.in. The list of roll numbers allowed to appear for the Clerkship Examination 2020 Part-II is also available. The recruitment exam (Part 2) is scheduled to be held on December 26, 2020. The answer key of the clerkship examination (part 1) was published on its official website. The recruitment exam (Part 1) was held on January 25, 2020, in 2 sessions: morning and afternoon. It is a state-level exam, which is conducted in 2 parts: Part 1 and Part 2. Check more details about WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 by scrolling down.
Latest: The admit card for supplementary exam date for Clerkship Examination 2020 Part 2 is now available. Download here.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020
The exam is being conducted to recruit candidates to the post of lower division assistant and lower division clerks (or similar), in Secretariat, Directorates and District offices in West Bengal. The candidates shortlisted using Part 1 and Part 2 examinations have to undergo typing test as well. Check the schedule table for important dates of WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 exam.
|Online aplications commence||22 Feb 2019|
|Last date of application submission||25 Mar 2019|
|Last date of fee payment – online||25 Mar 2019|
|Last date of fee payment – offline||26 Mar 2019|
|Admit card releases||10 Jan 2020|
|Exam date (Part 1)||25 Jan 2020|
|Release of answer key||05 Feb 2020|
|Objections, if any||07-14 Feb 2020|
|Admit card releases (Pat -2)||25 Nov 2020|
|Exam date (Part 2)||06 Dec 2020|
|Release of admit card part 2 supplementary exam||19 Dec 2020|
|Supplementary exam date (Part 2)||26 Dec 2020|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced|
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 – Latest Updates
Notice regarding Clerkship (Part-II) Supplementary Examination
WBPSC has released the exam date of Clerkship (Part-II) Supplementary Examination 2020. The exam is scheduled to be held on December 26, 2020 from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon. Candidates can also check the list of roll numbers allowed to appear on Clerkship (Part-II) Supplementary Examination 2020 from below.
- Click here to check List of roll numbers allowed to appear on Clerkship (Part-II) Supplementary Examination 2020
- Click here to check Commission’s order regarding the clerkship examination (part -II)
Important announcement regarding Siliguri centre of clerkship examination (part -II)
Important Notice (Address change) Regarding WBPSC Clerkship Examination Part -II
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Exam Date
WBPSC has released the exam date of the Clerkship Examination (PART – II), 2019. The exam is scheduled to take place on December 06, 2020. Candidates can download admit card from the official website, wbpsc.gov.in from November 25, 2020.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Admit Card
The candidates can download the admit card / call letter from the official website of WBPSC, already mentioned on this page. Only those candidates who successully submit the application form can download the admit card. No candidate is going to receive the admit card at his/her residential address, in any case whatsoever. Candidates need to enter their first name and date of birth to download WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Admit Card. A printout of the admit card has to be carried to the exam center.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Exam Centres
The clerkship recruitment exam is going to be held at several venues in Kolkata and outlying centres. Check the complete list of exam centres for WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 below.
|Kolkata (North)||Kolkata (South)|
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 exam is published officially by WBPSC on its website. Different syllabus is prescribed for Part 1 and Part 2 exams by the commission. The syllabus for Part 1 examination covers the subjects of English, General Studies and Arithmetic. Part 2 exam paper comprises of 2 groups: Group A (English) and Group B (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali). Candidates can check the complete syllabus from our syllabus page.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates must check the pattern of the exam after going through the syllabus. WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 exam consists of 2 Parts. Let us look at exam pattern for each part separately.
Part 1 Scheme
- Type: It is an objective test consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Duration: The duration of Part 1 exam is 90 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes).
- No. of shifts: The exam is conducted in 2 shifts: morning and afternoon.
- No. of questions: There are 100 questions in the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark is awarded for each right answer.
- Total marks: The paper carries 100 marks.
- Sectional weightage: Check below.
Part 2 Scheme
- Type: It is going to be a conventional type written exam.
- Duration: The duration of Part 2 exam is 1 hour (60 minutes).
- No. of groups: Part 2 paper is divided into 2 groups.
- Total marks: This paper also carries 100 marks.
- Compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is provided to candidates with locomotor disability, cerebral palsy or low vision.
- Such candidates can also ask for a scribe. However, the candidates have to arrange for the scribe on their own.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Answer Key
After the completion of the exam the answer key releases by WBPSC on its official website. Answer key releases in online mode. Candidate appeared for the examination can download the answer key without any login credentials. Answer key releases in the pdf format. The released answer key helps candidates in evaluating the marks they are likely to score in the examination.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Result
The result of the candidates is published by WBPSC on its official website after the exam has been conducted. A merit list is prepared by the commission on the basis of the total scores of Part 1 and Part 2 tests. The candidates must also pass the computer knowledge and typing test to be considered for the merit list. Finally, such candidates have to get their documents verified in order to be eligible for the recruitment.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Selection Process
The candidates willing to hold the advertised posts/services under WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 have to undergo a multi-stage selection process. The applicant is liable to be disqualified at any stage if it is found that the eligibility criteria is not fulfilled. Check all the phases of selection process below.
- Part 1 Test: The first stage of the selection procedure is an objective test. The test takes place at a number of exam centres across the state of West Bengal.
- Part 2 Test: It is a written test of the conventional type divided into 2 groups. The candidates are required to draft reports, answer questions based on a prose passage and write translations.
- Typing Test: Candidates are judged on their typing abilities and elementary knowledge of computer operations. Only the qualified candidates of Part 1 and Part 2 tests are invited for this stage.
- Medical Examination: Finally, the candidates have to appear for a medical exam before a medical board. The names of the candidates, who pass all the 4 stages, are published provisionally. Documents of such candidates are verified. Final allotment is provided only after successful verification of documents.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria before appearing for WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 examination. Candidates not meeting the prescribed criteria are bound to be disqualified at any point during the entire selection process. Check the detailed eligibility criteria below.
Citizenship: The candidate must either be
- a citizen of India OR
- other national declared eligible by the government of India. Candidate must possess a supporting certificate in such cases.
Educational Qualifications: The candidate must have
- passed madhyamik (class 10) examination from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or equivalent.
- acquired basic knowledge in computer operation. Candidates must possess a minimum typing speed of 20 wpm in English or 10 wpm in Bengali.
- ability to read, write and speak in Bengali. However, it is not applicable to candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali.
Age (as on January 01, 2019): The candidates must be between 18 years old to 40 years old.
Age relaxation: West Bengal domicile holders can avail benefits of relaxation in upper age limit. The age concession provided to such candidates is as follows:
|BC (non-creamy layer)||3 years|
Ex-servicemen who have served in the Armed Forces of the Union for at least 6 continuous months can also avail age relaxation. In such a case, period of service is deducted from candidate’s actual age. After doing the deduction, the number obtained must not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for the concerned post by more than 3 years.
WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 Application Form
The applications for WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020 are accepted in online mode online. The candidates have to register and fill the application form on the website of Public Service Commission, West Bengal. Candidates have to undergo one-time enrollment before proceeding to fill the application form. A unique mobile number and email id must be maintained throughout the application and selection phase.
Application Fee: The application fee is accepted in both offline and online modes. However, SC/ST or PwD (with disability of more than 40%) candidates of West Bengal are provided fee exemption.
- Online: Candidates have to pay Rs 110 + 1% service charge for payment through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Offline: The fee can also be paid through challan at bank counters. The amount to be paid is Rs 110 + Rs 20 service charge.
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal is a state level agency that was established on April 01, 1937. The agency was established under the Government of India Act, 1937. WBPSC has its headquarter in capital city of West Bengal, Kolkata. It is responsible for conducting civil services examinations for entry-level appointments to various civil services in the state of West Bengal. The agency is affiliated to Union Public Service Commission. All the notifications, regarding exams conducted by WBPSC, are published on the official website of WBPSC, pscwbonline.gov.in.
[aglasemfaq exam_id=”505″ tag=”recruitment”]
Official website: pscwbonline.gov.in.
For more information regarding WBPSC Clerk Recruitment 2020, download- Advertisement