AFCAT Result 2019 – Indian Air Force (IAF) has announced AFCAT 02/2019 Result of supplementary exam (for Srinagar candidates). It has been announced online, on afcat.cdac.in, via login. To check the result, candidates need to enter e-mail id and password. It is available as scorecard, in which marks of candidates and qualifying status is mentioned. Candidates who have qualified the exam will now be called for AFSB test, which will begin from October 21, 2019. After AFSB, the candidates will be recruited on the basis of their marks in written and performance in AFSB. Check more details on AFCAT Result 2019 for 02/2019 from this page.
Latest: AFCAT 02/2019 result supplementary exam (for Srinagar candidates) is now available. You can check it from the link below.
AFCAT Result 2019
Air Force Common Online Test (AFCAT) is conducted to grant admission to the candidates who want to be Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duties (Technical & Non – Technical) / NCC Special Entry / Meteorology Entry. 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ Certificate holders in Ground Duty (Technical & Non – Technical) Branches. To know all the dates of AFCAT 2019 Result and AFSB, check the table given below:
|AFCAT Result 2019||Important Dates|
|AFCAT 02/2019 Exam Date||24 & 25 Aug 2019|
|AFCAT 02/2019 Result Date||17 Sep 2019|
|AFCAT 02/2019 Exam Date for Srinagar centre||25 Sep 2019|
|AFSB testing selection date||17 to 22 Sep 2019|
|AFSB test date||21 October 2019|
|AFSB Result Date||To be Announced|
Result: Click here to check AFCAT 02/2019 Result.
Note: AFCAT 02/ 2019 exam in at Srinagar is held on September 25, 2019. The result for the candidates in Srinagar has been announced.
AFCAT AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing
Candidates who qualified AFCAT 2019 written exam will now get call letter for AFSB testing. The candidates will be called in either of the following centers:
- Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun.
- Air Force Selection Boards located at Varanasi.
- Air Force Selection Boards located at Gendhinar.
- Air Force Selection Boards located at Mysuru.
What happens in AFSB Testing? – During the AFSB, the candidates will have to undergo following:
- Officer Intelligence rating Test.
- Picture perception and Discussion Test.
To participate in AFSB, the candidates have to book a center. The selection of the center is done as follows:
How to book the AFSB Center?
- Candidates need to enter the following details- E-mail Address, Password, Notification Date, and Security Firstly visit the official website of AFCAT i.e www. afcat.cdac.in.
- Click at the below link which will display on the candidate’s result page.
- Candidates need to enter the following details- E-mail Address, Password, Notification Date, and Security Code. After that click at the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Check all the available dates. Select the date and center as per your preference.
Day by Day AFCAT AFSB Testing Process
Candidates are required to undergo the test in 2 phases which will be conducted normally in 6 days. To know more about the tests, see the data provided below:
- Day 1 – Officer Intelligence Rating Test (OIR), Picture Perception & Discussion Test, Document check of Phase-1 Qualified candidates, PIQ Filling and Psychological Test after some rest for 2-3 hours.
- Day 2, 3, 4 – Interview and Group Test (GT)
- Day 5 – GT, Interview, Board Conference, Document Filling of REC candidates (non-flying)
- Day 6 – CPSS, Document Filling of REC candidates (flying) and submission of reports on all recommended candidates by the assessors.
The test of AFSB will be having 3 stages. Check the data mentioned below-
- Stage-I: Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion test will be conducted on the first day. Document verification will be done for checking the eligibility criteria of the candidate if the candidate will not full fill all the eligibility criteria that candidate will be disqualified from the further process.
- Stage-II: Psychological test will be conducted on Day 1(Afternoon) and the Group Tests and Interview will start after the document verification (after 5 days).
- For Flying Branch: Candidate who will not qualify the CPSS/PABT in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible.
The training is scheduled to take place from July 2020 for all the courses. The training for Flying and Ground Duty Branches is 74 weeks and for Ground Duty it is 52 weeks. The training will take place at Air Force Training Establishments.
Also, candidates are required to keep them in good shape or physically fir as during the training they required to undergo various physical tests such as Rope Climbing, Running, Swimming etc.
General Instructions for AFSB 2019
There are some instructions which candidates have to follow in order to appear for AFSB. So, candidates can jot down these things and remember them when they are about to appear for the interview:
- Call Letter- The Call Letter is to be taken to the centre positively. A representative will receive you at the reporting point. Be there on time and give your AFSB without chaos.
- Boarding & Lodging- The candidates will be totally responsible for their stay at the Board at the time of testing. The candidates who have appeared before the prescribed time and date will have to make their arrangements.
- Physical Fitness- It is the sole responsibility of the candidates to see if they are physically fit or not before appearing for AFSB. Before coming for the interview, aim to achieve an ability to run 01 mile (1.6 kms) in 10 mins, 10 push-ups, 3 chin ups.
- Documents- Carry the required documents when you are about to appear for the interview. The documents which have to be taken are given in the next section.
- Discipline- You conduct at the Board must be ordered and in case of any indisciplibe, the verdict of the Prseident will be final.
- Requisites- Bring the following items when you come for the interview such as white shirt / t-shirt/ socks/ salwar kameez / pair of white sport shoes/ shorts/ trouser / track suit, adequate writing material, medium size locks to safeguard your luggages.
- Travelling Allowance- To and fro travelling fare by the shortest route of AC -III Tier / AC chair car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in AFSB will be reimbursed for the first time. For all the othe modes of travel, TA will be admissible according to the government authorized rules. However, no TA will be adjusted if you have already appeared in any of the Selection Boards.
- Medical Examination- Candidates are required to undergo medical examination for a duration of 4 to 7 days at Air Force Medical Establishment, New Delhi or Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Bengaluru. To know more about the medical examination, visit the websire careerairforce.nic.in.
Documents to be Carried During AFSB 2019
The candidates are required to carry the following documents, which will be verified during AFSB testing:
- Original Matriculation/ Secondary School Certificate and Mark sheets issued by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board. No other certificate will be accepted for verification of Date of Birth.
- Original Marks Sheet & Certificate of 10+2 (issued by the relevant Board).
- Original/ Provisional Graduation Degree/ Post Graduation Degree Certificates and Mark Sheet of each year/ semester issued by University. Provisional Certificate issued by college Principal is not acceptable. However, Provisional Degree Certificate issued by the University is acceptable.
- Two attested photocopies of each of the above-mentioned certificates.
- Original NCC Certificate (if applicable)
- NOC from employers for candidates working in Central/ State Govt. or Public Sector Undertakings (if applicable)
- Original valid Commercial Pilots’ License, issued by DGCA, if applicable
- Inbound Railway Ticket/ Bus Tickets. (For refund of Travelling Allowance)
- Twenty (20) copies of recent passport size color photographs taken in light colored clothes against the white background for documentation.
- In case of final year/ semester students, a Certificate from the College Principal, clearly mentioning the following aspects annotated with proper stamp and seal of the Institution is to be required:-
(a) Name of the College.
(b) Name of the University.
(c) Discipline in which Graduation/ Post Graduation obtained.
(d) Aggregate Percentage.
(e) Likely Date of Declaration of Final Result (in DD/MM/YYYY Format)
How AFCAT Result 2019 is calculated?
After the result of the written examination, IAF is going to publish a merit list for the candidates for the final selection at IAF. The candidates will be placed on the basis of their total marks in the written examination and in the AFSB tests. The information will be conveyed to the candidates keeping in mind the reservation criteria set for the candidates such as 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificateholders in Ground Duty (Technical and Non- Technical) Branches. After the release of the Merit List, candidates are required to appear in the next stages for AFSB.
How To Check the AFCAT Result 2019?
For checking the AFCAT 2019 Result candidate need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Firstly, visit the official website of AFCAT i.e www. afcat.cdac.in or simply click on the link above.
- Log In page will appear on the screen mention the asked details (Email ID and Password) and then click on the login button.
- After clicking at the login button candidates’ dashboard will open on the screen, as shown in the image below
- Now click on the link which says “AFCAT Result and AFSB Selection”,
- After that, the result status will appear on the screen.
How to retrieve AFCAT 2019 Password?
Candidates will get a chance to retrieve their password if they have forgotten their password. Read the steps given below to see what will be needed to check the respective results:
Step 1: Visit the official website which is afcat.cdac.in.
Step 2: After visiting the website, you will see a link flashing as “Candidate’s Login”. Click on that and then click on your respective examination such as AFCAT 02/ 2019.
Step 3: After clicking on AFCAT 02/ 2019, enter the details such as e-mail id, mobile number, secret question, secret answer, captcha code.
Step 4: After entering all the details, click on Submit and jot down your password.
What is mentioned in AFCAT 2019 Result?
Candidates can refer to the information given below in order to know what will be mentioned in AFCAT Result 2019. It must be noted that the AFCAT Result 2019 will be made available in the form of a scorecard.
- Name of the candidate
- Registration Number
- Respective Cut-Offs of AFCAT and EKT
- Your individual scores
AFCAT Cut Off
The AFCAT 2019 Cut Off marks will be released after the exam has been conducted. On seeing the cut -off marks, candidates can estimate whether they will be able to take training under IAF or not. Cut Off will be comprising of the following details-
- Candidates’ performance
- Statistics of reporting and success rate at AFSBs
- Selection requirements of IAF
Candidates can see the Previous Years Cut off marks of AFCAT from the table given below-
|AFCAT||AFCAT Cut Off (out of 300)||EKT Cut Off (out of 150)|
|AFCAT 01/2016||132||52 / 150|
|AFCAT 02/2015||144||52 / 150|
|AFCAT 01/2015||126||55 / 150|
|AFCAT 02/2014||123||45 / 150|
Pay Band of Flying Officers
Candidates can check the details given below in order to see the Pay Band of the Flying Officers:
- Pay Band- Rs 56,100 per month (common to all branches)
- Military Service Pay- Rs 15,500 per month
- Other allowances will also be provided such as Children Education Allowance, Transport Allowance, HRA.
Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts AFCAT for Flying Branch and Ground Duties / NCC Special Entry / Meteorology Entry. It is conducted for all those candidates who want to take part as the Group A Gazetted officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non – Technical). AFCAT is an online admission test which will be having objective type questions. The duration of the exam will be 02 hours. For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 04 marks and for the incorrect answers, there will be a negative marking of 01 marks. AFCAT 2019 will be having questions namely from General Ability, English, General Awareness and Reasoning and Military Aptitude. After qualifying the written examination, a merit list will be prepared and the qualified candidates will be called for the further rounds of AFSB.
1.) How do I check my result?
The result when declared will be updated on the official website by IAF. Candidates need to visit the website regularly. To check your score, visit the website and click on the icon “Candidate Login”. Use your registered email address to enter the username and use password provided by AFCAT cell.
2.) If candidate is unable to login to see their result. What should they do ?
Candidates are advised to enter their correct user name and password in order to login successfully. Enter pass word carefully, it is case sensitive. In case if they have forgotten the password please use “Forgot pass word Option” once and wait for new pass word. It may take few hours. Remember that pass word gets blocked if incorrectly used for more than five times or so.
3.) What about the scenario of getting travelling allowance? Is it applicable or not?
To get the detail about the facility of travel allowance read the call letter carefully. The details will be mentioned on it.
4.) Is it possible to change the AFSB test centre or date ?
Change in AFSB test centre and date is not allowed.
5.) Is there SSB after AFCAT?
Most of the candidates think that clearing AFCAT is the only thing which they have to clear. After the exam, candidates will be required to check the cut-off marks declared by IAF and after that, they are required to appear for SSB Interview at various Air Force Selection Boards.