APSET Syllabus 2019 – Students appearing in Andhra Pradesh State Entrance Test (APSET) must be looking for the syllabus of APSET 2019. However, now you can breathe a sigh of relief as the detailed APSET syllabus is available below. The Andhra Pradesh University (APU) conducts the entrance test every year for candidates who have a Masters’s degree or will complete it within the given time. The APSET 2019 Entrance Test consists of Paper-I and Paper-II. Moreover, the university has released the APSET 2019 syllabus online. Therefore, scroll down and download the APSET Syllabus PDF from below.
APSET Syllabus 2019
To begin with, Syllabus is the Most Important information when it comes to scoring well in any exam. Therefore, students need to cover the APSET Syllabus for the paper I & paper 2. Moreover, Paper-I has a general nature and designed to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the applicant. Whereas paper II will be Subject-specific.
APSET 2019 Paper-1 and Paper- 2 Syllabus
The University has finally released the official APSET 2019 Syllabus, Candidates need to possess the general awareness about teaching and learning processes in the higher education system. Besides that, they should be conscious of the interaction between people, environment, natural resources and their impact on the quality of life.
To check the APSET 2019 Syllabus for paper-I And paper-II, Click on the “Download” from the following table.
Syllabus for Paper-I
Syllabus for Paper-II
|05||Computer Science & Application||Download|
|09||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science||Download|
|13||Journalism and Mass Communications||Download|
|16||Library and Information Science||Download|
APSET Exam Pattern
In order to score well in the APSET 2019, you need to be well aware of the Exam Pattern and the Syllabus of the Paper-I and Paper-II. Check the detailed information regarding the same from below:
Overview of the Exam Pattern
- Exam mode: Offline (Pen-paper based )
- Language of paper: English and Telugu
- Exam duration: 1 hour for paper-I & 2 hours for paper-2
- Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions (MCQs)
Paper-I and Paper-II Question & Marks Distribution
|No. of Questions||50||100|
|Subjects||Common to all||Subject Specific|
- For Every Correct Answer, Candidates will be awarded +2 Marks
- There is no Negative marking
Section-wise distribution of Questions for Paper-II
|Sections (Paper-I)||No. of Questions|
|Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude||05|
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||05|
|People, Development and Environment||05|
|Higher Education System||05|
Best books for APSET 2019 Preparation
When it comes to preparing for a certain exam, having good resources matters. Studying from the best study material available will eventually result in Qualifying the entrance exam. Here, we provide you with the Best books for APSET 2019 preparation. For paper-I, i.e general Paper and some books for the Paper-II are mentioned below. Therefore, by clicking on the “Click Here” you ‘ll be able to find the Source to buy that particular book.
Books for Paper-I
|AP SET Paper 1 Guide||Krishnaveer Abhishek Challa||Click Here|
|NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF – Paper 1 |
Teaching and Research Aptitude
|Arihant Experts||Click Here|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/SET||Sajit Kumar, M. Gagan||Click Here|
Teaching & Research Aptitude
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Click Here|
Books for Paper- II
|Anthropology||Trueman’s UGC NET Anthropology |
by A M Tripathi
|History||UGC NET/SET Paper II: History – Guide|
|Chemical Science||UGC NET/SET Chemical Science|
by Aditya Tomar
|Commerce||NTA UGC NET / JRF /SET Commerce Paper 2|
|Computer Science &|
|SET Computer Science & applications||Click Here|
APSET 2019 Preparation Tips
APSET 2019 is distributed into 2 papers, for clearing both the exam you need to start the preparation as soon as possible. Therefore, work on General Awareness, Current affairs, aptitude, and Reasoning. whereas for paper two, you need to focus on the core subject. For instance, if you have studies commerce than you need to select the Commerce subject for the paper-II and prepare for the same. Moreover, keep the following tips in mind while preparing for APSET 2019 and at the time of the exam.
Tips to be followed at the time of APSET 2019 preparation
Know your syllabus
- For all the students knowing the syllabus is the most important information.
- However, candidates, who are in their last year have an advantage as they are in touch with the Subject.
- Analyze the subjects and all the topics given in the Syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Don’t forget to make your own notes.
- Prepare the notes from the standard books which are recommended by the professionals.
- while making the note, Highlight the main points.
- Make buttle points, short notes so that you can easily revise it.
- Make the important points eye-catchy.
- Make a time table in which you must divide the time as per the subjects you need to cover.
- For students, try to give at least 6to 8 hours for APSET 2019 preparation.
- Also, the candidates who are working and can not manage that much time, try to spend 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening for the exam preparation.
- Give 30 min each day for revising the full-day learning that you have done.
Tips to be followed at the time of the Exam
- Firstly, candidates are advised not to lose their concentration at the time of the exam.
- Read the question and the answers very carefully.
- Mark the answers in the OMR sheet accurately.
- Plan your time according to the sections. Therefore, start attempting those questions which you know.
- Avoid the questions which are lengthy, unknown, want to try types.
- Postpone these questions and try it in the last.
- Try to attempt all the questions as there is no Negative Marking in APSET 2019.
- Manage 5 mins for the revision of al the question you have answered.
- If anything is missing get back to that immediately.
About APSET 2019
Andhra Pradesh University conducts the APSET every year for giving admission to the professional and the Master degree holders. APSET is an eligibility test for applying for an assistant professor position in Universities in Andhra Pradesh, India. This test is conducted based on the subject opted by the candidates. For clearing the APSET 2019, Candidates need to qualify Paper-I as well as Paper-II Therefore, those who have post-graduation in that particular field are eligible for APSET 2019.
About Andhra Pradesh University
Andhra University was founded in 1926 by the Madras University. It was served as a residential teaching-cum-affiliating University. The university is a campus dotted with 121 buildings for academic, administrative, and support services, with an area of about 190,000 square meters (2 million square feet), and 324 staff quarters. Also, Andhra University was ranked 801-1000 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018. To get the post of Lecturer and Profession in this university, you need to clear APSET.