CGPSC AE 2020: The Chattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) is recruiting 89 Assistant Engineer (AE). Applications are invited through advertisement No. 01/2020. Selected candidates will be recruited into various divisions of Water Resources, Public Works Department, Public Health Engineering Department and Panchayat and Rural Development Departments. Applications can be submitted by visiting the online web portal psc.cg.gov.in from February 10 to March 10, 2020. Candidates will be selected through the State Engineering Services Examination (SES) 2020. Selected candidates will be appointed for a probation period of 2 years in the Pay Matrix Level 12 in the Pay band of Rs 15600 – 39100 + grade pay 5400.
Latest: CGPSC AE 2020 application form is now available. Apply here
CGPSC AE 2020
Chattisgarh Public Service Commission directly recruit candidates having a Bachelors degree in either Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering as Assistant Engineer into different public service departments of the State. Applications can only be made online by visiting the official website of the Commission at psc.cg.gov.in. Check out the important events and dates below.
|Start date of submitting application||10 Feb 2020|
|End date of submitting application||10 Mar 2020|
|Last date of correction||16 Mar 2020|
|Date of online examination||To be declared|
CGPSC AE 2020 Application Form
Applications for appearing in the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination can be made through the official website at psc.cg.gov.in. Applications can only be made online. Check out the below detailed instructions on how to register and submit applications.
- Candidates should ensure that all eligibility conditions are met before applying online through the portal. Upon visiting the portal, candidates can find the information brochure/notification by clicking on the “ADVERTISEMENT FOR STATE ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAMINATION-2020” under the “Advertisement” tab.
- Candidates willing to apply for the examination must register first once the portal for application is activated on the starting date. Candidates must fill in the details of their name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, category, gender, date of birth, contact number, email address. Upon meeting the eligibility criteria, the candidate will receive the registration ID and password on the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Upon successful registration, candidates will be able to apply online using the generated registration ID and password. Candidates must fill in all details and upload their recent photo and scanned signature. Candidates will receive the option to select their choice of payment option (online or offline) upon clicking the “Submit” button.
- Once the candidate completes the application and selects the choice of payment mode, they will be redirected to the “Payments” page. Candidates can select their payment option from credit/debit card or internet banking. Candidates who select offline payment mode can deposit their application fees through any branch of State of India through Cash/Cheque deposit.
- Candidates are advised to generate the receipt which must clearly state “ Payment Done”. This receipt must be preserved carefully until the selection process is completed.
- Candidates are advised to print their completed application form after clicking the submit button.
Candidates willing to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination must pay the specified application fee after filling in the application form. Reserved candidates are exempted from depositing the full application fee. Check out below details of application fee of the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination.
|Non residents of Chattisgarh||Rs 400|
|OBC (non creamy layer)||Rs 300|
|Physically challenged||Rs 300|
|Recent passport photo||100KB||JPG|
Note: Photo should have a white/light color background and the name of the candidate and the date of clicking of the photo clearly printed below it. Candidates are also advised to keep at least 3 hard copies of the same photograph for future reference.
Documents required to fill the application form
During the process of registration and application, information submitted by the candidate is deemed to be supported by valid documents issued by the relevant authority. Candidates are therefore advised to preserve and carry all supporting documents in original and photocopies for future verification.
CGPSC AE 2020 Application Form Correction
Candidates who have entered inaccurate details in the application form can edit and correct the same during the stipulated dates for correction. Correction can be done only once by paying an additional fee of Rs 6. Check out the rules of application form correction below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Official Notification
Candidates can download the detailed notification of CGPSC AE 2020, by clicking on the screenshot given below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Vacancies
CGPSC AE 2020 examination recruits eligible candidates as Assistant Engineers into various departments of public service in the State. CGPSC AE 2020 aims to fill up 89 total vacancies. Check out more details of the distribution of vacancies in different departments.
|Name of the Department||Name of the Post||Vacancy Details|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Water Resources Deptt.||44|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Regional Constriction Deptt.||3|
|Asst. Engineer||Regional Health Engg Deptt.||3|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Regional Health Engg Deptt.||10|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Panchayat and Rural Development Deptt.||28|
|Asst. Engineer (Electrical)||Panchayat and Rural Development Deptt.||1|
CGPSC AE 2020 Syllabus
CGPSC AE 2020 syllabus contains General studies, General knowledge of Chhattisgarh and Intelligence/aptitude tests in paper 1. Syllabus of paper 2 contains the selected subject of Bachelor’s degree of individual candidates.
- Indian history and national movement
- Physical, social and economic geography of India
- Constitution of India and polity
- Indian economy
- General science and technology
- Indian philosophy, art, literature and culture
- Current affairs and sports
General knowledge of Chhattisgarh
- History of Chhattisgarh & contribution og Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement
- Geography, climate, physical status, census, archeological and tourist centres of Chhattisgarh
- Literature, music, dance, art, culture, idioms, proverbs, puzzle/riddle, singing of Chhattisgarh
- Tribes special traditions, Teej and festivals of Chhattisgarh
- Economy, forest and agriculture of Chhattisgarh
- Administrative structure, local government and Panchayatiraj of Chhattisgarh
- Industry in Chhattisgarh, energy, water and mineral resources
- Current affairs
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy and data interpretation (Class X level)
- Knowledge of Hindi and Chhattisgarhi language
Click here to check out the detailed syllabus of CGPSC AE 2020
CGPSC AE 2020 Exam Pattern
CGPSC AE 2020 examination is structured into two papers of 300 marks each. The questionnaire format is MCQ type with 150 questions in each paper. Time allowed to complete each paper is 2 hours and 30 mins.
- Language: The Section 1 question paper will be in English and Hindi/Chhattisgarhi. Section 2 question paper will be in English only.
- Exam mode: The examination will be conducted offline in exam centres.
- Sections: The question papers will be divided into two sections.
- Number of questions: Each of the question papers will comprise of 15 questions each.
- Type of questions: Questionnaire will be comprised of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type questions with only one correct answer.
- Time allotted: 2 hours 30 minutes are allotted to the exam.
Check out below for more details on the distribution of marks and questions:
|Number of |
|Marks per |
Check out the detailed exam pattern and distribution of marks of CGPSC AE 2020 below
CGPSC AE 2020 Eligibility criteria
The Commission sets out certain minimum requirements for candidates to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020 examination. Read on to know more about the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must be between the age limit of minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years as on January 01, 2020. The upper age limit for residents of Chattisgarh is 40 years.
- SC/ST and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates who are natives of Chattisgarh are allowed age relaxation of up to 5 years.
- Candidates who are temporary/permanent/work charge/contingency paid workers of the Chhattisgarh state are allowed a maximum age limit of 38 years. This upper age limit is also applicable to workers of the Chattisgarh Execution Committee.
- Ex-government employees and ex-servicemen are allowed a maximum relaxation of upper age limit by 3 years.
- Native women of Chhattisgarh state will be allowed maximum age relaxation of 10 years.
- Education workers and Panchayat workers are allowed a reduction of the total number of years of service with a maximum limit of 45 years.
- Voluntary homeguards are allowed age relaxation equivalent to the years of service but not exceeding 38 years of age.
- All age relaxations are permissible only up to a maximum upper age limit not exceeding 45 years.
Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in any of the trades of Civil/Mechanical/Electrical are eligible to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination. Check out the complete detail of minimum educational qualification below.
Note: Candidates with history of a criminal offence, undesirable behavior/activity in exam centres, violating the rules and norms of the CGPSC, having more than two spouses alive are ineligible to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020: State Engineering Services Examination.
Check out complete eligibility criteria of CGPSC AE 2020 below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Admit card
CGPSC AE 2020: State Engineering Services Admit Card can be availed at the portal of the Commission at psc.cg.gov.in. Admit cards will be issued by the Commission after the window for submitting applications have closed at least 7 days prior to the date of examination.
CGPSC AE 2020 Exam Centre
CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination will be held at centres located in different cities of the State. Check out the list of different exam centres of the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Answer Key
The Commission releases answer keys for SES examination once all stages of the examination have been completed. Candidates can compare their answers with the answer keys to speculate their scores before results have been published. Answer keys can be downloaded by visiting the online portal of the Commission at psc.cg.gov.in under the Model answers tab. Candidates must refer to answer key to raise objections against any wrong answer published in answer key.
CGPSC AE 2020 Result
CGPSC AE Result 2020 is releasing on scheduled date. Candidates can check the results online when released. No requests for revaluation of the answer sheets will be entertained by the Commission once the candidate has submitted the same. Candidates willing to raise issues with question paper such as printing mistakes, wrongful choice of answer, etc. are required to submit their complaints within 7 days of the completion of the examination to the Exam Controller, Chattisgarh Public Service Commission, Raipur.
About the Chattisgarh Public Service Commission
The Chattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) was established on May 23, 2000 when the state of Madhya Pradesh was reorganized leading to the separation of the state of Chattisgarh. The Commission came into existence under the provision of Act 315 of the Constitution of India. The State Engineering Examination is conducted to recruit eligible candidates to different public service departments every year.
CGPSC AE 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The cutoff score for general candidates is 40% and for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 30%
Ans : CGPSC AE 2020 syllabus includes general knowledge, general studies, and intelligence/aptitude test for paper 1 and civil/mechanical/electrical for paper 2
Ans : Yes, corrections can be made on the scheduled date.
Ans : CGPSC AE 2020 questionnaire will consist if MCQ type questions.
Ans : The time allowed for answering the questions is 2 hours and 30 minutes.