CGPSC AE 2020: The Chattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) is recruiting 89 Assistant Engineer (AE). Candidates appointed against advertisement No. 01/2020 are recruited into various divisions of Water Resources, Public Works Department, Public Health Engineering Department and Panchayat and Rural Development Departments. Candidates are selected through the State Engineering Services Examination (SES) 2020. Selected candidates are appointed for a probation period of 2 years. Read on to get important updates and details regarding CGPSC AE 2020 here.
CGPSC AE 2020
Chattisgarh Public Service Commission allows candidates having a Bachelors degree in either Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering to send their applications for Assistant Engineer into different public service departments of the State. Applications can only be made online by visiting the official website of the Commission at psc.cg.gov.in. Check out the important events and dates below.
|Start date of submitting application||10 Feb 2020|
|End date of submitting application||10 Mar 2020|
|Last date of correction||16 Mar 2020|
|Date of online examination||To be declared|
CGPSC AE 2020 Syllabus
CGPSC AE 2020 syllabus contains General studies, General knowledge of Chhattisgarh and Intelligence/aptitude tests in paper 1. Syllabus of paper 2 contains the selected subject of Bachelor’s degree of individual candidates.
- Indian history and national movement
- Physical, social and economic geography of India
- Constitution of India and polity
- Indian economy
- General science and technology
- Indian philosophy, art, literature and culture
- Current affairs and sports
General knowledge of Chhattisgarh
- History of Chhattisgarh & contribution og Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement
- Geography, climate, physical status, census, archeological and tourist centres of Chhattisgarh
- Literature, music, dance, art, culture, idioms, proverbs, puzzle/riddle, singing of Chhattisgarh
- Tribes special traditions, Teej and festivals of Chhattisgarh
- Economy, forest and agriculture of Chhattisgarh
- Administrative structure, local government and Panchayatiraj of Chhattisgarh
- Industry in Chhattisgarh, energy, water and mineral resources
- Current affairs
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy and data interpretation (Class X level)
- Knowledge of Hindi and Chhattisgarhi language
Click here to check out the detailed syllabus of CGPSC AE 2020
CGPSC AE 2020 Exam Pattern
CGPSC AE 2020 examination is structured as per the examination pattern suggested in the notification. The same is provided here. The examination pattern for CGPSC AE helps candidates in extensively. It provides them information regarding time duration, type of questions, maximum marks and much more.
- Language: The Section 1 question paper is in English and Hindi/Chhattisgarhi. Section 2 question paper is in English only.
- Exam mode: The examination is conducted offline in exam centres.
- Sections: The question papers are divided into two sections.
- Number of questions: Each of the question papers comprise of 15 questions each.
- Type of questions: Questionnaire comprises of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type questions with only one correct answer.
- Time allotted: 2 hours 30 minutes are allotted to the exam.
Check out below for more details on the distribution of marks and questions:
|Number of |
|Marks per |
Check out the detailed exam pattern and distribution of marks of CGPSC AE 2020 below
Preparation Tips for CGPSC AE 2020
The examination for CGPSC State Engineering Services 2020 is around the corner. Cracking the examination in the first attempt is a daunting task. Covering entire syllabus in a limited time is a tough job. However, adopting smart strategies and planning ahead helps to make this preparation period more manageable. So, read on to know some preparation tips for CGPSC AE exam.
Start the preparation revolving around the topics discussed in the syllabus. Study them well and prepare a time table. Segregate each topic with the right amount of time. Practise these topics with the help of CGPSC AE previous year question papers.
Self-preparation is the key to crack any examination. Joining coaching classes, online classes only provides assistance in studying. However, the main task lies upon the candidate. Create short tricks on your own, understand the basics, stay updated with the current affairs of national, state level.
Continuously working on a task makes it mundane and monotonous. Studying for long hours sometimes leads to losing concentration. To learn effectively, take short breaks. Do some healthy and mind refreshing activities such as a brisk walk, stretching, watch short funny videos, meditate, take a nap or do nothing in this break.
The last few days must be utilized to revise the study notes and clear the slightest doubts about the topics studied already. Do not study something new in the last few days of the exam. As the exam pressure is already on the shoulders, do not burden with more unnecessary pressure.
CGPSC AE 2020 Admit card
CGPSC AE 2020 Admit Card can be availed at the portal of the Commission at psc.cg.gov.in. Admit cards are issued by the Commission at least 7 days prior to the date of examination.
CGPSC AE 2020 Exam Centre
CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination is held at centres located in different cities of the State. Check out the list of different exam centres of the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Answer Key
The Commission releases answer keys for SES examination once all stages of the examination have been completed. Candidates can compare their answers with the answer keys to speculate their scores before results have been published. Answer keys can be downloaded by visiting the online portal of the Commission at psc.cg.gov.in under the Model answers tab. Candidates must refer to answer key to raise objections against any incorrect answer published.
CGPSC AE 2020 Result
CGPSC AE Result 2020 declares after the exam is conducted. Candidates can check the results online when released. No requests for revaluation of the answer sheets are entertained by the Commission once the candidate has submitted the same. Candidates willing to raise issues with question paper such as printing mistakes, wrongful choice of answer, etc. are required to submit their complaints within 7 days of the completion of the examination to the Exam Controller, Chattisgarh Public Service Commission, Raipur.
CGPSC AE 2020 Vacancies
CGPSC AE 2020 examination recruits eligible candidates as Assistant Engineers into various departments of public service in the State. CGPSC AE 2020 aims to fill up 89 total vacancies this year. Check out more details of the distribution of vacancies in different departments.
|Name of the Department||Name of the Post||Vacancy Details|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Water Resources Deptt.||44|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Regional Constriction Deptt.||3|
|Asst. Engineer||Regional Health Engg Deptt.||3|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Regional Health Engg Deptt.||10|
|Asst. Engineer (Civil)||Panchayat and Rural Development Deptt.||28|
|Asst. Engineer (Electrical)||Panchayat and Rural Development Deptt.||1|
CGPSC AE 2020 Application Form
Applications for appearing in the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination can be made through the official website at psc.cg.gov.in. Applications can only be made online. Check out the below detailed instructions on how to register and submit applications.
- Upon visiting the portal, candidates can find the information brochure/notification by clicking on the “ADVERTISEMENT FOR STATE ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAMINATION-2020” under the “Advertisement” tab.
- Candidates willing to apply for the examination must register first once the portal for application is activated. They must fill in the all the details asked in the CGPSC AE registration form.
- Upon meeting the eligibility criteria, the candidate receives the registration ID and password on the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Upon successful registration, candidates are able to apply online using the generated registration ID and password.
- Candidates must fill in all details and upload their recent photo and scanned signature. Candidates receive the option to select their choice of payment option (online or offline) upon clicking the “Submit” button.
- Once the candidate completes the application and selects the choice of payment mode, they are redirected to the “Payments” page. Candidates can select their payment option from credit/debit card or internet banking. Candidates who select offline payment mode can deposit their application fees through any branch of State Bank of India through Cash/Cheque deposit.
- Candidates are advised to generate the receipt which must clearly state “ Payment Done”. This receipt must be preserved carefully until the selection process is completed.
- Candidates are advised to print their completed application form after clicking the submit button.
Candidates willing to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination must pay the specified application fee after filling in the application form. Reserved candidates are exempted from depositing the full application fee. Check out below details of application fee of the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination.
|Non residents of Chattisgarh||Rs 400|
|OBC (non creamy layer)||Rs 300|
|Physically challenged||Rs 300|
|Recent passport photo||100KB||JPG|
Note: Photo should have a white/light color background and the name of the candidate and the date of clicking of the photo clearly printed below it. Candidates are also advised to keep at least 3 hard copies of the same photograph for future reference.
Documents required to fill the application form
During the process of registration and application, information submitted by the candidate is deemed to be supported by valid documents issued by the relevant authority. Candidates are therefore advised to preserve and carry all supporting documents in original and photocopies for verification.
CGPSC AE 2020 Application Form Correction
Candidates who have entered inaccurate details in the application form can edit and correct the same during the stipulated dates for correction. Correction can be done only once by paying an additional fee of Rs 6. Check out the rules of application form correction below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Official Notification
Candidates can download the detailed notification of CGPSC AE 2020, by clicking on the screenshot given below.
CGPSC AE 2020 Eligibility criteria
The Commission sets out certain minimum requirements for candidates to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020 examination. Read on to know more about the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must be between the age limit of minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years as on January 01, 2020. The upper age limit for residents of Chattisgarh is 40 years.
- SC/ST and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates who are natives of Chattisgarh are allowed age relaxation of up to 5 years.
- Candidates who are temporary/permanent/work charge/contingency paid workers of the Chhattisgarh state are allowed a maximum age limit of 38 years. This upper age limit is also applicable to workers of the Chattisgarh Execution Committee.
- Ex-government employees and ex-servicemen are allowed a maximum relaxation of upper age limit by 3 years.
- Native women of Chhattisgarh state are allowed maximum age relaxation of 10 years.
- Education workers and Panchayat workers are allowed a reduction of the total number of years of service with a maximum limit of 45 years.
- Voluntary homeguards are allowed age relaxation equivalent to the years of service but not exceeding 38 years of age.
- All age relaxations are permissible only up to a maximum upper age limit not exceeding 45 years.
Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in any of the trades of Civil/Mechanical/Electrical are eligible to apply for the CGPSC AE 2020 SES examination. Check out the complete detail of minimum educational qualification below.
Note: Candidates with history of a criminal offence, undesirable behaviour/activity in exam centres, violating the rules and norms of the CGPSC, having more than two spouses alive are ineligible to apply for the CGPSC AE exam.
About the Chattisgarh Public Service Commission
The Chattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) was established on May 23, 2000 when the state of Madhya Pradesh was reorganized leading to the separation of the state of Chattisgarh. The Commission came into existence under the provision of Act 315 of the Constitution of India. The State Engineering Examination is conducted to recruit eligible candidates to different public service departments every year.
CGPSC AE 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The cutoff score for general candidates is 40% and for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 30%
Ans : CGPSC AE 2020 syllabus includes general knowledge, general studies, and intelligence/aptitude test for paper 1 and civil/mechanical/electrical for paper 2
Ans : Yes, corrections can be made on the scheduled date.
Ans : CGPSC AE 2020 questionnaire will consist if MCQ type questions.
Ans : The time allowed for answering the questions is 2 hours and 30 minutes.