Gujarat SET Preparation 2021 – Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) is an annual statewide exam held by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara as state agency for the Gujarat state. GSET is a state level competition exam conducted to recruit eligible candidates to the posts of assistant professor and research fellow. Candidates should read the entire article to familiarise themselves with the syllabus, pattern and eligibility criteria for the exam. Candidates can also find subject wise tips and tricks which will help them to prepare for GSET 2021.
Gujarat SET Preparation 2021
It is necessary to go through the GSET exam syllabus and pattern to understand the weightage and mark distribution of the individual subjects. This will help the candidate to formulate an effective strategy. Candidates should devote their most productive hours of the day towards preparation, this would increase their efficiency.
GSET Syllabus 2021
Given below is a brief overview of the subjects added to the syllabus for GSET examination.
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Political Science
- Library and information science
- Computer science and application
- Earth Sciences
- Physical Education
- Home Sciences
- Social work
GSET Exam Pattern 2021
GSET will be conducted in two stages – Paper I and Paper II. Both papers are compulsory candidates who fail to appear for Paper I will not be considered to attend Paper II. Both Paper I and Paper II will be of objective type and in multiple choice questions or MCQ format. heck details GSET Exam Pattern below
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Type of exam: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total number of questions: 50 for Paper I and 100 for Paper II
- Total marks: 100 marks for Paper I and 200 marks for Paper II
- Marking system: +2 for every correct answer and no negative marking for both Paper I and Paper II
|Paper||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|Paper I||50 ( all compulsory)||100|
|Paper II||100 ( all compulsory)||200|
GSET Exam – Preparation Tips & Tricks
GSET is a competitive examination to crack it the candidate must be well prepared and ahead of their peers. The best way to achieve that is to prepare for GSET specifically. Paper I tests the extent of the candidate’s general awareness. This paper is used to assess the candidate’s research or teaching aptitude.
- To excel in Paper I candidates must prepare on topics like logical reasoning, comprehension, general knowledge and divergent thinking problems.
- Paper II will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- The sure shot way to ace GSET (both papers) is by practising solving previous year question papers and attempting mock tests.
- Even though GSET is an offline examination, it is still an OMR based exam in MCQ format so speed and accuracy should be improved upon. Mock tests help greatly with this aspect.
GSET Exam Preparation Books
- General knowledge by Lucent
- General knowledge – Arihant
- Quantitative aptitude – R. S. Aggarwal
- Logical reasoning and data interpretation for CAT – N. K. Sinha
- A modern approach for logical reasoning – R. S. Aggarwal
- Objective general English – S. P. Bakshi
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson.
- Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I – Teaching & Research Aptitude 2020 Edition
Read more: GSET Preparation Books
About GSET Examination
Gujarat State Eligibility Test or GSET is a statewide competitive exam held every year by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. This examination is conducted every year to recruit assistant professors. In order to be considered eligible for Assistant Professor, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) / General-EWS category candidates category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories viz., SC, ST, SEBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer), PWD (PH/VH) and Third gender.
Ans. Yes, a Ph.D is necessary to serve as an assistant professor according to the latest UGC norms.
Ans. Yes, a candidate who is not a permanent resident of the state of Gujarat is eligible to apply for GSET. However even if the candidate is from a reserved category, they will be treated as a general category candidate.
Ans. Qualifying GSET will give the candidate eligibility for a job as assistant professor or to be a research fellow. A job isn’t guaranteed.