HP SET Result 2020: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) releases the HP SET Result 2020 at hppsc.hp.gov.in. HP SET Result 2020 is published as a PDF file containing the roll number of qualified candidates. Top 6% of all those who appear in the Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (HP SET) Paper 1 and Paper 2 and obtain the qualifying marks in both finally selected. Qualifiers of HP SET exam get eligibility to apply for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of Himachal Pradesh. Get here all the details of HP SET Result 2020 including how to check and cut offs.
HP SET Result 2020
Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (HP SET) 2020 is conducted for 22 subjects in 10 cities of HP. HP SET Result 2020 is declared online at hppsc.hp.gov.in to ascertain the eligibility of aspirants for recruitment to posts of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of Himachal Pradesh. Important dates of events related to the declaration of HP SET Result 2020 are as follows
|Date of exam||22 Nov 2020 (tentative)|
|Answer key release||To be announced|
|HP SET Result 2020||To be announced|
Check result: Candidates can check HP SET result 2020 as per schedule at hppsc.hp.gov.in.
In the meantime you can check last year’s result here. Click here for last year’s HP SET Result.
Result of all 22 subjects are announced at once. List of subjects is as follows:
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Science and Applications
- Tourism Administration and Management
- Mass Communication and Journalism
How To Check HP SET Result 2020?
Candidates can easily check result of HP SET 2020 in online mode. The steps to check it are described below.
1st step – Go to hppsc.hp.gov.in which is official website.
2nd step – Now click on results section.
3rd step – Then click on result of HP SET 2020 link, which will be available only if result is out.
4th step – Either PDF file containing result gets downloaded in your device, or it opens directly in web browser. Open it.
5th step – Find your roll number in HP SET Result 2020 by using Find or Search Function.
Note – Roll number is same as it was in admit card of HP SET 2020.
Significance of HP SET Result 2020
- As per UGC Regulations, candidates should have either qualified National Eligibility Test (NET), or State Eligibility Test (SET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), in order to be eligible for Assistant Professor Recruitment in all universities, colleges, institutions.
- Therefore, it is important for candidates to qualify as per HP SET Result 2020if they wish to become Assistant Professors.
- Those who qualify as per HP SET Result 2020 become eligible for these posts in Himachal Pradesh only.
Exemption from HP SET 2020
Such candidates who fall under below-mentioned criteria are exempt from HP SET.
- PhD Degree holder in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009.
- Candidates qualified SET accredited by UGC held prior to 01.06.2002 are exempted from appearing in SET, being eligible to appear for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India. Those who appear for SET from 01.06.2002 onwards, they will be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
HP SET 2020 Cut Off/Qualifying Marks
- Qualifying marks – It refers to minimum marks required in order to be considered for result. Qualifying marks are as follows for HP SET Result 2020:
Candidates should get above-mentioned percentage of marks at least, in overall exam. There are no separate cut offs for Paper I and Paper II.
- Cut Off – Of all the candidates who get qualifying marks, only those who are in top 6% will qualify. Marks obtained by last candidate in each subject is the cut off for that subject.
Note: In the event that there is a tie at least qualifying cut off marks, then all candidates who get same marks will be declared as qualified. In this case, the total number of qualified candidates shall increase.
Document Verification After HP SET Result 2020
- Once result of HP SET 2020 is announced, candidates will know whether they have qualified or not.
- Those who will have qualified, will have to present photocopies of original documents such as matriculation, post graduation degree and marks certificate, category certificate, online application form.
- They will have to present them at Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission office.
- Only after determining eligibility, HPPSC will issue SET qualified certificate.
- Candidates should keep all such documents ready, which they used to fill application form of HP SET 2020.
Compilation of HP SET Result 2020
The entire process of compilation of HP SET Result 2020 is provided here in this section. Check out below.
- Candidates appear in the exam and mark answers in the OMR answer sheet.
- OMR answer sheets are scanned by a computerized scheme.
- All answers are recorded. If a circle is not filled properly or damaged, then that answer is not recorded.
- Then answers are matched against the final official answer key of HP SET 2020.
- For every correct answer, candidates get 2 marks. No marks are deducted or awarded for any incorrect answer.
HP SET 2020 Exam Scheme
The exam is held in offline (pen and paper-based test) mode. All questions are objective. If you see previous year question papers of HP SET, you will see that earlier there used to be Paper 1, 2, 3. Now there are Papers 1, and 2. Now Paper 2 comprises syllabi of Paper 2 and Paper 3.
|Paper||Timing||Duration||No. of Qs||Marks|
|I||10:30 AM to 11:30 AM||1 hour||50||100|
|II||2 PM to 4 PM||2 hours||100||200|
HP SET Result 2020 Previous Year Statistics
Last time, a total of 953 candidates had qualified as per result. A break up of the number of qualified candidates of last time is as follows.
|Journalism and Mass Communication||7||1||1||3||0||12|
Assistant Professor Recruitment Through HP SET Result 2020
Universities and Colleges will offer direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor from time to time through all-India advertisement. They can fill vacancies on the basis of merit. The selection committee as per UGC regulations shall be appointed in statutes/ordinances of universities.
Candidates must satisfy minimum eligibility as per UGC.
Those who get exemption on basis of having M.Phil / Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by provisions of then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of Institutions awarding degree. If they satisfy following conditions, then they shall be exempted from NET / SLET / SET:
- Candidates obtained Ph.D. in regular mode.
- Their Ph.D. Thesis was awarded by at least two external examiners.
- They underwent an open Ph.D. viva voce.
- Candidates also published 2 research papers from Ph.D. work, and at least one entered a referred journal.
- They also presented at least 2 papers on the basis of their work in conferences or seminars that were sponsored/funded/supported by UGC / ICSSR / CSIR or any similar agency.
- University, where candidates apply for Assistant Professor Recruitment through HP SET Result 2020, shall have to verify these conditions.