UPSC IAS Result 2020: UPSC has published the result of the IAS prelims exam at the official website upsc.gov.in. We have also provided the direct download link for UPSC Civil Services result here. The Commission will also publish merit lists of shortlisted candidates containing the list of roll numbers qualified for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020. The main exam is scheduled to be held on January 08, 09, 10, 16 & 17, 2021. In addition, the IAS cut-offs are also indicated. The Commission publishes the result of the UPSC IAS exam in a stage by stage process. This means that the results of the Prelims, Mains, and the final results can be checked right after each stage concludes. We recommend candidates to read this article to the end as we take you through the process to download the UPSC IAS Result 2020, enlist cut-offs and explain the selection process.
Latest: UPSC IAS Prelims Result 2020 (with name) is now availabe. Check below.
UPSC IAS Result 2020
After the completion of each stage of the UPSC IAS 2020, the Commission releases the result online. A candidate who secures the minimum qualifying marks and at the same time obtains the final score equal to or more than the prescribed cut off is shortlisted in the final merit list. For the convenience of our readers, we have provided the complete schedule to check the UPSC IAS result 2020 here.
|UPSC IAS Prelims 2020|
04 Oct 2020
|Result of UPSC IAS Prelims 2020||23 Oct 2020|
|UPSC IAS Mains 2020|
|Result of UPSC IAS Mains 2020||To be announced|
Check 2019 Mains Reserve List: Click here to download UPSC IAS Mains 2019 Reserve List.
How to download UPSC IAS Result 2020?
UPSC IAS Result is announced through the official website. Although it is a fairly simple task to check the result, we have provided a simple step by step guide on how to check the result online.
1st step: Visit the official UPSC website, upsc.gov.in.
2nd step: Click on the ‘Written Examination’ link present at the home page of the UPSC website.
3rd step: Now simply look for the link for UPSC IAS Result 2020 and click on it to download.
4th step: After downloading the pdf, press CTRL + F on the keyboard, enter roll number and press enter to search.
IAS Exam Marksheet 2020
After the declaration of result, UPSC also releases the UPSC IAS mark sheet. Know how to assess IAS mark sheet here:
Step 1: Go to the UPSC website, upsc.gov.in.
Step 2: Now, click on the marksheet link available under he ‘whats new’ section.
Step 3: Thereafter, select the link for which aspirants wish to check the marks for.
Step 4: A login page displays on the screen. Here, enter the login id and password to check the IAS exam marksheet.
How is IAS Result 2020 Compiled?
The UPSC IAS result is prepared in an unbiased process. To make the procedure transparent, UPSC also publishes the answer key. Know more about how IAS result 2020 declared below.
- At first, the provisional keys are released and candidates are allowed to raise objections against the provisional answer keys.
- Only after the process of raising objections is over that the Commission reviews the answer key.
- Thereafter, the commission makes necessary changes as per valid objections, and releases a final answer key.
- UPSC IAS Result 2020 is compiled on the basis of the final answer keys.
- Those who qualify in the Prelims are selected to appear in the Main stage examination.
UPSC IAS 2020 Marking scheme
Correct answer: +2 marks
Unanswered: 0 marks
Formula for the calculation of result
Total scores of IAS 2020 = (Number of correct answers X 2 marks ) – (Number of incorrect answer X 2/3 marks)
UPSC IAS 2020 Tie-Breaking Rule
Every year, lakhs of applicants appear for the UPSC IAS prelims. This means that there remains an immense probability of two candidates securing the same marks. Thus, a tie-breaking rule comes into play whenever such cases arise. If two or more candidates secure the same marks in the IAS 2020 exam, then the tie is resolved on the basis of principles approved and prescribed by the Commission.
- Candidate scoring more marks in Personality Test and Compulsory Test are summed up and then the rank is calculated.
- If in case, the marks of both compulsory and personality test are the same as the candidate then the rank is given to the candidate who is elder in age.
- Just in case if above-mentioned criteria are also same, then the higher rank is set on the basis of the marks candidate has secured in compulsory papers.
UPSC IAS 2020 Cut Offs
Along with the UPSC IAS result, the Commission also releases the cut-offs. The cutoff marks are not the same as the minimum qualifying marks. It is determined through a number of factors including the number of applicants, difficulty level of IAS exam, etc. Inherently, each year, with the increase in the number of applicants, the cut-offs also escalate by certain marks. Candidates can check the cut off marks for IAS 2019, IAS 2018, and IAS 2017 below.
Cut off marks for IAS 2019
Cut off marks for IAS 2018
Cut off marks for IAS 2017
UPSC IAS 2020 Vacancy Details
The Commission indicates the number of posts for which it is conducting the exam every year through the official notification. This year, UPSC has released a total number of 796 vacancies. Furthermore, there are bifurcations in the vacancy as per categories. We have tabulated the information here for the convenience of our readers.
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
Blindness & Low Vision – 03
Deaf & Hard Hearing – 09
Locomotor Disability – 08
Multiple Disabilities – 04
UPSC IAS 2020 Selection Procedure
UPSC adopts a three stage selection process to qualify and select applicants for the final appointment. The first stage of the selection process is only qualifying in nature and is known as the Prelims. However, candidates must qualify through this stage to appear in the exam of the next stage i.e. Main stage exam. The final selection is based on the personality test. There final selection is based on the performance of the candidates in the Main stage exam and personality test.
- Preliminary examination – Candidates have to secure minimum 33% marks in preliminary examination to qualify for the main examination.
- Main examination – Main examination is conducted in a descriptive format. There are 09 papers in UPSC civil services main examination. For each papers, candidate is provided with 03 hours.
- Interview round – After qualifying main examination, interview round is conducted. Interview or personality round is conducted to test the knowledge and calibre of the applicant.
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is one of the most prestigious and sought after government recruitments in India. The complete recruitment process is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). To apply for IAS, candidates must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Being one of the toughest examinations of India, the selection procedure for IAS is done in 3 stages. The first stage is a preliminary examination followed by the second stage which is the Main examination and the third is the personality/interview test. Some legendary IAS officers worth mentioning are Naresh Chandra, Narinder Nath Vohra, T.N.Seshan, Yogendra Narain, Vinod Rai, and Duvvuri Subbarao.
IAS Result Archives
UPSC IAS Result 2019
UPSC has declared the IAS Final Result 2019 at the official website, upsc.gov.in on August 04, 2020. The result is released in the form of a merit list containing the roll numbers and names of the selected candidates for appointment. A total number of 829 candidates have been recommended for appointment to Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, and Central Services, Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’. To check the result directly, simply click on the direct links provided below.
- Click here for Civil Services Mains Examination, 2019 (Marks of recommended candidates)
- Click here for Civil Services Main Examination, 2019 (for candidates qualified in written examination)
- Click here for Civil Services Main Examination, 2019 (for not candidates qualified in written examination)
- Click here for Civil Services Prelims Examination, 2019
Cut Off: Click here to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2019 Cut Off marks.
IAS Pre Result
- Result of Civil Service (Preliminary) examination for candidates who have qualified for admission in Civil Service (Main) examination – Download Here.
- Result of Civil Service (Preliminary) examination for candidates who have qualified for admission in Indian Forest Service (Main) examination – Download Here.
IAS Mains Result
- Result of Civil Service (Mains) examination for candidates who have qualified for Civil Service Personality Test / Interview Roll Number Wise – Download Here.
- Result of Civil Service (Mains) examination for candidates who have qualified for Civil Service Personality Test / Interview Name Wise – Download Here.
IAS Final Result
- Final Result of Civil Service examination for candidates who have been recommended for appointment – Download Here.
IAS Marks Of Recommended Candidates
- Marks of recommended candidates of Civil Service examination – Download Here.
IAS 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : To check the result candidates have to visit the UPSC website, enter their registration Id and download result.
Ans : Yes. IAS declared the result IAS in the form of a merit list having roll number of the selected candidates.
Ans : In total of 3 stages, IAS selection is conducted. Preliminary round, main examination and then interview round.