IAS Result 2019 is out. Union Public Service Commission has declared result of IAS 2019 prelims on 12th July. The result has been published in form of a list containing roll numbers of candidates who have obtained cut off marks and have qualified for mains. Those who have qualified need to fill up DAF from 1st to 16th August. Then mains will be held from 20th September. UPSC will announce final result of IAS interview. Candidates will be recommended to 896 vacancies of Group A and Group B posts in various services including Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, and other posts on basis of final result. Get here complete details of IAS Result 2019 such as date, cut off, and other important details.
Latest: Result of IAS 2019 prelims has been announced. Scroll down to check it.
IAS Result 2019
For prelims result, there is one list for those who qualify as per result of 2019 for IAS Mains, and another for IFS Mains. Candidates can check result of IAS 2019 as per following schedule.
|IAS 2019||Important Dates|
|Conduct of preliminary exam||02 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of UPSC IAS Pre Result 2019 (expected)||Third week of July 2019|
|Conduct of Main exam||20, 21, 22,28, 29 Sep 2019|
|Declaration of UPSC IAS Mains Result 2019 (expected)||Dec 2019 / Jan 2020|
|UPSC to hold personality test / interview (expected)||Jan to Mar 2020|
|Declaration of UPSC IAS Final Result 2019 (expected)||Apr 2020|
|Availability of reserve list (expected)||Jul / Aug 2020|
Check here: Click here to check result of IAS 2019 prelims.
🔑 IAS Answer Key 2019 🔑
How to check IAS Result 2019?
- Go to upsc.gov.in.
- Then check latest notifications under Whats New section.
- Or, scroll down and click on Written Results link.
- You can see result of IAS exam in either of the two places; click it.
- Or, you can skip above steps and directly click IAS Result 2019 on this page above on AglaSem.com.
- Then a PDF file containing lists of shortlisted candidates appear.
- Search for your roll number in this result of IAS 2019.
In order to check IAS result, candidates must know their roll number as names are not mentioned in it. Therefore candidates must have their admit card of IAS 2019 with them.
UPSC IAS Pre Result 2019
- Union Public Service Commission has conducted IAS 2019 Prelims on June 2, 2019.
- There were two papers namely paper 1 (GS 1 / GS), and paper 2 (GS 2 / CSAT).
- The commission determines cut off for paper 1, that is announced after result.
- Whereas paper 2 is only qualifying in nature. Qualifying marks are 33%.
- Result of UPSC IAS 2019 Prelims has been announced on 13th July.
- It is published at upsc.gov.in in form of a PDF file containing roll numbers of all those who have qualified for mains.
- Those who qualify as per result of IAS 2019 Prelims will be able to download admit card for mains from upsc.gov.in.
Number of candidates to qualify for Mains on basis of IAS Pre Result 2019
= 12 to 13 times number of vacancies
= 10000 to 12000 for IAS, 1000 to 3000 for IFS
Candidates had the option of opting for either Civil Services or IFS, or both at time of filling application form of IAS 2019.
Calculation of marks for IAS Result 2019
Candidates must be aware of how they are scoring marks in order to be transparent about the recruitment. Thus, let us take a look at the marking scheme of IAS Prelims.
Marks obtained in IAS 2019 Prelims = Marks in GS Paper 1 + Marks in GS Paper 2
GS Paper 1 score (out of 200) = Number of correct answers * 2 – Number of incorrect answers * 2/3
GS Paper 2 score (out of 200) = Number of correct answers * 2.5 – Number of incorrect answers * 2.5/3
UPSC IAS Mains Result 2019
- On basis of marks obtained in UPSC Civil Services Mains 2019, candidates will be shortlisted for interview / personality test.
- UPSC IAS Mains Result 2019 will indicate roll numbers of candidates qualified for personality test or interview.
- UPSC also publishes result of Mains exam name wise.
- Both paper wise IAS cut off in Paper 1 to 7, as well as overall cut off in them, are announced after final result is announced.
IAS Mains Result and IFS Mains Result regarding
- UPSC announces IAS Mains Result 2019, and IFS Mains Result 2019 separately. Besides preliminary exam, process for Civil Services and Indian Forest Service are separate. However there can be common candidates in both.
Qualifying papers and merit determining papers
- Civil Services Mains exam has 2 qualifying papers namely Paper A (Indian Language) and Paper B (English).
- Then there are 7 merit determining papers namely Paper I (Essay), Paper II (GS I), Paper III (GS II), Paper IV (GS III), Paper V (GS IV), Paper VI (Optional 1), Paper VII (Optional 2).
- In qualifying papers A and B, one needs to score 25% marks each.
- Whereas in remaining seven papers, there is paper wise as well as overall cut off.
Number of candidates to qualify for IAS Interview on basis of IAS Mains Result 2019
= 2 times number of vacancies
UPSC IAS Final Result 2019
- Candidates are called for personality test / interview on basis of their performance in Mains Examination.
- Then, their merit (rank) is determined by total marks of Mains written exam and interview.
- Therefore, candidates are awarded rank on basis of their marks in written exam as well as interview.
- Then UPSC fixes a total cut off out of 2025, for overall marks in written exam as well as interview.
- Then UPSC IAS Final Result 2019 is announced containing names and roll numbers of candidates who obtain overall cut off marks in order of merit.
Marks Of Recommended Candidates
UPSC also publishes marks of recommended candidates after final result. It is published as a PDF file containing roll numbers, names, community, written score, interview marks, final score, merit position. Candidates can download it from upsc.gov.in or this page as per its release. Using it, they can know their scores in IAS exam and rank. It is usually issued a few days after declaration of final result of IAS exam.
Services and posts through IAS Result 2019
Recruitment to following services are on basis of final result of UPSC Civil Services 2019.
|S.No.||Services and Posts|
|1||Indian Administrative Service.|
|2||Indian Foreign Service.|
|3||Indian Police Service.|
|4||Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A.|
|5||Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group A.|
|6||Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group A.|
|7||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group A.|
|8||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group A.|
|9||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).|
|10||Indian Postal Service, Group A.|
|11||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A.|
|12||Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A.|
|13||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A.|
|14||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A.|
|15||Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A|
|16||Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A.|
|17||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A.|
|18||Indian Trade Service, Group A.|
|19||Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A.|
|20||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group B (Section Officers Grade).|
|21||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.|
|22||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group B.|
|23||Pondicherry Civil Service, Group B.|
|24||Pondicherry Police Service, Group B.|
UPSC IAS Cut Off 2019
UPSC fixes qualifying marks as well as cut off for prelims, mains, final result of IAS. In some papers, there are only qualifying marks that one must get to qualify that paper. For other papers, there are cut off marks either both paper wise and overall, or only overall. IAS 2019 Cut Off will be announced after final result. As soon as it is out, it will be updated here.
In the meantime, check past year cut offs below.
IAS Cut Off 2018
In this year, cut off was less than previous year.
IAS Cut Off 2017
In this year also, cut off was less than previous year.
IAS Cut Off 2016
However in this year, cut off was more than previous year.
IAS Cut Off 2015
IAS Cut Off 2014
Until 2014, prelims cut off was out of 400 marks. Then in 2015, GS Paper I became merit determining one, and GS Paper II became simply qualifying one.
Number Of Vacancies
Following is the tentative number of vacancies in various Group A and Group B posts through CS exam.
|PWBD Vacancies included in overall vacancies|
|Blindness and low vision||8|
|Deaf and hard of hearing||11|
|Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy||15|
|Multiple disabilities from those listed above||5|
|Total vacancies reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities||39|
Public Display Of UPSC IAS Scores
The government has decided that it will be helpful to unemployed people if their IAS exam scores are public. Therefore marks in UPSC IAS 2019 written exam, interview will be accessible on public portals. However they will do it only for those candidates who appear in interview, did not get final selection, and are also allowing government to show their marks.
Other public or private companies can use these scores in order to select suitable candidates for their organization.
Candidates need to select this option, on whether or not government can disclose their score on public portal, at time of interview / personality test, while downloading e-summon letter from UPSC website for interview. If candidate choses to opt out of this, then UPSC will not publish their details.
It is relevant to note here that besides publishing marks of candidates, UPSC or the government shall not be involved in, or responsible for any other process of recruitment in company that choses to use this score.
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Selection Process
Civil Services examination comprises of following two stages.
- UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for Mains.
- UPSC Civil Services (Main) Examination for the purpose of selecting candidates to various services and posts. This consists of
- Written Exam
Exam pattern of UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
|General Studies (GS) Paper I||200 marks|
|General Studies (GS) Paper II||200 marks|
Detailed exam pattern of IAS Prelims GS Paper 1 and GS Paper 2
|Details of exam||GS Paper 1||GS Paper 2|
|Exam duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Number of questions||100||80|
|Types of questions||MCQ||MCQ|
|Marking scheme||2 marks MCQs – 2/3 mark will be deducted for wrong answers||2.5 marks MCQs – 2.5/3 mark will be deducted for wrong answers|
Exam pattern of UPSC Civil Services (Main) Examination
|Papers to be counted for merit|
Marks for interview
Candidates are scored out of 275 in IAS interview.
Marks for selection for final result of IAS 2019 = Overall Marks in Papers I to VII in IAS Mains + Marks in IAS Interview.
UPSC Toppers 2019
Whereas clearing UPSC Civil Service Examination in itself is a huge thing. In such a scenario, and otherwise also, topping this coveted exam is, simply put, a big deal. UPSC publishes complete merit list indicating who got what rank, with final result. Thus we will have UPSC IAS 2019 Toppers in 2020. Until then, let us took at the previous UPSC Toppers and their scorecard!
IAS 2018 Toppers
|Rank||Name of candidate||Written Marks||PT Marks||Total Score|
|5||Srushti Jayant Deshmukh||895||173||1068|
|10||Tanmay Vashishtha Sharma||877||187||1064|
IAS 2017 Toppers
|Rank||Name of candidate||Written Marks||PT Marks||Total Score|
|6||Koya Sree Harsha||962||154||1116|
IAS Result Archives
IAS Pre Result
- Result of Civil Service (Preliminary) examination for candidates who have qualified for admission in Civil Service (Main) examination – Download Here.
- Result of Civil Service (Preliminary) examination for candidates who have qualified for admission in Indian Forest Service (Main) examination – Download Here.
IAS Mains Result
- Result of Civil Service (Mains) examination for candidates who have qualified for Civil Service Personality Test / Interview Roll Number Wise – Download Here.
- Result of Civil Service (Mains) examination for candidates who have qualified for Civil Service Personality Test / Interview Name Wise – Download Here.
IAS Final Result
- Final Result of Civil Service examination for candidates who have been recommended for appointment – Download Here.
IAS Marks Of Recommended Candidates
- Marks of recommended candidates of Civil Service examination – Download Here.
If you have any query regarding IAS Result 2019, please ask in comments below.