CSIR NET December 2017 will be held on December 17, 2017. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is organizing the CSIR NET 2017 exam. The purpose of conducting CSIR NET is to determine eligibility for JRF and Lecturers. The application process for the exam has ended and the admit card is now available for the registered candidates. The candidates can download the admit card from the link on this page. Get here complete details of CSIR NET 2017 on this page including notification, application form, admit card, answer key, result, cut off.
CSIR NET 2017
CSIR NET is conducted in Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences subjects. The successful candidates are awarded JRF or are determined eligible for Lectureship depending upon cutoff and the marks secured. Candidates can check all the latest dates for CSIR NET Dec 2017 from the table below.
|Event||Dates of CSIR NET Dec 2017|
|CSIR NET application form 2017 available from||23 Aug 2017|
|Last date to deposit fee at all stations|
|Last date to submit online application form|
|Hard copy of application form will be received from areas other than remote areas until/td>|
|Hard copy of application form will be received from remote areas until|
|Last date for receipt of examination centre change regarding written requests||20 Oct 2017|
|Publication of list of candidates registered for exam||17 Nov 2017|
|Last date for receiving representation about non-registration for the test||23 Nov 2017|
|Availability of CSIR NET admit card 2017||07 Dec 2017|
|CSIR NET 2017 exam date||17 Dec 2017|
|CSIR NET 2017 Answer Key||16 Jan 2018|
|Declaration of CSIR NET result 2017||Mar/Apr 2018|
CSIR NET Admit Card 2017
- CSIR NET Admit Card 2017 has been issued online.
- Acces the admit card login from the link above.
- Candidates can login with form number and date of birth to download CSIR NET admit card.
- The exam conducting body notifies about exam center assigned, instructions for CSIR National Eligibility Test through the hall ticket.
- It is mandatory to bring it on day of exam to test centre, where candidates will be given entry as per reporting time and entry time decided, and they will not be allowed to leave before end of 3 hours exam duration.
CSIR NET Application Form 2017
- Candidates can fill CSIR NET Application Form 2017 online at Joint CSIR-UGC NET website.
- It has to be mentioned in the form whether appearing for JRF-Lectureship or JRF or Lectureship.
- Eligibility to appear in exam and get JRF / become eligible for lectureship has to be checked before filling application form of CSIR NET 2017.
- A candidate who is over-age for JRF NET will automatically be considered only for Lectureship.
- Those who have M.Sc qualification or have their M.Sc result awaited will be eligible for LS subject to fulfilling UGC instructed eligibility criteria.
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Application fee for CSIR NET Application Form 2017
Available modes of fee payment include bank challan, RTGS, NEFT. Candidates will pay application fee amount depending upon their category.
- General category fees: Rs 1000
- OBC NCL fees: Rs 500
- SC / ST / PwD fees: Rs 250
Subjects of CSIR National Eligibility Test
The Joint CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test will be held in 5 subjects.
- Chemical sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary sciences
- Life sciences
- Mathematical sciences
- Physical sciences
CSIR awards Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to a large number of candidates each year. Educational background of candidates includes BS-4 years program, BE, B.Tech, B.Pharma, MBBS, Integrated BS-MS, MSc or equivalent, B.Sc hons.
CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2017
Degree: M.Sc or equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS-4 years / BE / B.Tech / BPharma / MBBS.
Minimum marks in degree: 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates, 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
Those who are enrolled for M.Sc or completed 10+2+3 years of QE as on last date of application form are also eligible to apply. They will select option “Result Awaited (RA)”. Condition applicable upon such a candidate would be that he/she must complete degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award. An attestation to this effect, signed by HOD will be submitted.
B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates.
Can a candidate with bachelor’s degree appear for CSIR NET?
Yes, bachelor’s degree candidates can also appear for the Joint CSIR-UGC NET exam. They are eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
A candidate with ONLY BACHELOR’S DEGREE will not be eligible for Lectureship.
Eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates
This will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. Ph.D degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- In order to be eligible for JRF NET, candidates must be maximum 28 years old as on 01-07-2017.
- SC/ST/PWD and female applicants will get 5 years age relaxation. OBC candidates will get 3 years age relaxation.
- Lectureship (LS) NET does not have any upper age limit.
CSIR NET Exam Pattern 2017
Joint CSIR-UGC NET 2017 will be a single paper with multiple choice questions. Candidate will appear in any one subject. It is a 3 hours duration exam of 200 marks.
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Mode of exam||Pen and paper based|
|Languages in which question paper will be available||Hindi, English|
|Morning session timings||9 am to 12 noon|
|Afternoon session timings||2 pm to 5 pm|
CSIR NET Syllabus 2017
Joint CSIR-UGC NET examination syllabus is formed keeping in mind the purpose of this exam. Syllabus of CSIR NET 2017 is divided into three parts namely Part A, Part B, Part C.
- Part A – This is common to all subjects. Questions will be on General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles.
- Part B – These will be subject related conventional multiple choice questions.
- Part C – Here there will be higher value questions to test knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of scientific concepts. To answer such analytical questions, scientific knowledge has to be applied.
Complete syllabus of CSIR NET 2017 can be seen at csirhrdg.res.in.
Are there any changes in CSIR NET Syllabus?
The Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June 2017 CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam onwards. The revised exam scheme and model question paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
Exam centers of CSIR NET December 2017
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jorhat, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
CSIR NET Result 2017
- Declaration of Joint CSIR UGC NET Result 2017 is online.
- There are two merit lists, one for JRF NET and another for Lectureship NET.
- Those who qualify JRF NET will also be eligible for Lectureship NET if they are eligible.
- JRF NET fellows will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC.
- Result of CSIR NET 2017 is valid for 2 years for joining fellowship under CSIR scheme.