RRB Group D 2018 – Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is conducting Stage 1 CBT for RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 from September 17 to December 14, 2018. RRB is conducting the examination in a window of 49 days. The candidates can check their exam date, session, and city from the login. The admit card of RRB Group D 2018 will be available 4 days before the examination and the issuance will begin from September 13, 2018. RRB Group D 2018 Recruitment is open for 62907 vacancies. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of score in RRB Group D 2018, followed by physical efficiency test and document verification round. Check details on RRB Group D 2018 / RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 from this page.
RRB Group D 2018
RRB CEN 02/2018 is open for various Grade IV posts, such as track manager/track man, gateman, pointsman, helpers, etc. Earlier, RRC used to organize group D recruitment but now RRB is looking after it. Since, the number of candidates in the examination is so high. Candidates can use RRB Group D Mock Test to prepare well for the examination. Check all the important dates on RRB Group D 2018 from the table below.
|Railway Group D 2018||Dates|
|Notification releases on||10 Feb 2018|
|Candidates can apply online for RRB Group D from||10 Feb 2018|
|Last date to apply online||31 Mar 2018|
|Application Status will be available from||11 July 2018|
|Initmation of Test Center, Date and Shift will be available from||09 Sep 2018|
|Link for Mock Test will be available from||10 Sep 2018|
|Download of Train Travel Authority for SC/ST candidates begins from||10 Sep 2018|
|Admit Card for CBT/PET/ DV will be available for download from||13 Sep 2018 onward|
|RRB Group D 2018 Exam Date||17 Sep to 14 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of Result||To be Notified|
RRB Group D Admit Card 2018
The admit card of RRB Group D 2018 will be released online, 4 days before the exam date. Hence, it means that the admit card for September 17 exam will be available on September 13, 2018. As per the exam date, candidates can calculate the date for the release of the admit card.
The RRB Group D admit card 2018 is an important document. Candidates need to carry it on the exam. The admit card has to be carried as a hard copy and with it candidates must also take:
- One photo id card – It can be voter id card, aadhaar card, passport, pan card, etc.
- One passport size photograph – The carried photograph should be the same as uploaded in the application form. The size of it should be 35mm x 45mm.
RRB Group D 2018 Exam Pattern
Earlier, the Board announced that there will be 100 question in the examination. However, now the Board has announced the complete exam pattern of RRB Group D 2018. It is as follows:
- Number of Questions in the Exam – There will be 100 questions in the exam. These will be of multiple choice type.
- Duration of the Exam – Candidates will get 90 minutes to solve the exam. However, PwD candidates will get 120 minute (2 hours) to solve the exam.
- Sections in the exam – The questions in the exam will be asked from Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science, and General awareness and Current
- Distribution of Question – From Maths and Science 25 questions will be asked. From General Intelligence and Reasoning 30 questions will be asked, and from Current Affairs 20 questions will be asked.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for every incorrect answer.
The official notification for RRB Group D 2018 Notification for Exam Pattern is as follows:
Railway Group D Vacancy 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus as per which the candidate should prepare for RRB Group D 2018 CBT is as follows:
- Mathematics: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science: The questions for this section shall be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
- General Awareness on current affairs: Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
RRB Group D Answer Key 2018
Before the announcement of the result, RRB Group D answer key will be provided the Railway Recruitment Board. The answer key will be provided online, on the official website indianrailways.gov.in. The answer key will be provided in some time from the date of exam. It is expected that the Board will release it through login, for different exam slots and dates.
Unofficial answer key of RRB Group D will also be released. It will be provided on the basis of memory of the students. It will not be 100% accurate but candidates can still use it to get an idea about how their exam score will be.
Railway Group D 2018 Selection Process
The recruitment of candidates for various posts will be as follows:
Railway Group D Result 2018
Once the RRB Group D 2018 exam is conducted, candidates’ papers will be evaluated. Since it is an online exam, all recorded responses will be checked. Then on the basis of number of correct and incorrect answers, candidates will get marks. Then as per marks, candidates will get position in merit list. Ultimately selection will depend on whether marks are equal to or more than cut off or not.
Railway Group Cut Off 2018
The cut off marks to be obtained by the candidate in RRB Group D 2018 Online Test is given below. Any candidate who will score below the cut off percentage will not be considered for further selection process:
|Categories||Cut Off Percentage|
Note: The cut off percentage will be relaxed by 02 % in case of PWD candidates.
Railway Group D Physical Efficiency Test 2018
The qualifiers of the RRB Group D 2018 online test will then have to appear for Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The admit card for RRB Group D PET 2018 will be available online at the official website of RRB. The criteria for PET is as follows:
For Male Candidates
- Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
For Female Candidates
- Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Railway Group D 2018 Document Verification
On the basis of candidates performance in RRB Group D 2018 online test, PET, the shortlisted candidates will be called for Document Verification. In case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position will b be determined by considering the age criteria i.e., the older person shall be given higher priority. The schedule for Document Verification will be printed on its admit card. At the time of document verification, you will need to all original documents along with two sets of self-attested photocopies of each.
Railway Group D Vacancy 2018
RRB CEN 02/2018 shows that there are various vacancies in the grade IV posts.
Name of the posts in RRB Group D 2018 CEN 02/2018
The vacancies have been released for the following posts:
- Track Maintainer / Trackman
- Helpers in Electrical
- Helpers in Engineering
- Helpers in Mechanical
- Helpers in Signal and Telecommunication
Vacancy Details: Check all here the vacancy details here.
Scale of Pay: Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of ₹18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
RRB Group D 2018 Application Status
The application status of the candidates will state if their application form has been accepted or rejected. The candidates will be able to check their application status from the official website of individual RRB. To do so, candidates will have to login and enter registration number and other required details.
RRB Group D 2018 Application Form
The Candidates can apply online for RRB Group D 2018 at the official website. The link to apply online has been given above. Also, each website of the zones and divisions of Indian Railways will have apply online links. The application form will be divided in two parts. Check how to apply for RRB Group D recruitment 2018 below.
- To register online, you first need to select the RRB for which you wish to apply for and then you need to enter registration details such as your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s name, Aadhar number, State, SSLC/Matric Roll number, Year of passing SSLC/MATRIC, mobile number and email-id.
- On submitting the registration details, you will receive an OTP through email and SMS. So provide only valid email id and mobile number.
- Now, in Part 1 of the application form, you need to provide the details of Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, etc. On completion of Part 1 of the RRB Application Form 2018, you can proceed to pay the application fee.
- The application fee can be paid by either Online or Offline Mode.
- In Part 2 of the Application Form, you need to Set priority/preferences for posts, only if you are eligible for more than one post, Choose the Exam Language, Upload Images as per the specifications.
- In the online application form, you can also give your consent for sharing the scores obtained in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/PSUs and Private organizations, for recruitment in their organizations.
- Finally submit the application form online.
Application Fee and Refund Policy
The applicants need to pay the following amount for the application fee and order to apply for RRB Grade D 2018.
|Categories||Application Fee Charges|
|For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWD/Female/Transgender/Minorities /Economically backward class||Rs. 250|
|For all other candidates||Rs. 500|
Mode of Payment: The application is payable by either Online or Offline mode by the following means:
- Online fee payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Offline fee payment through:
- SBI Bank Challan Payment mode
- Post Office Challan Payment in any branch of computerized Post Office.
Refund Policy for RRB Group D 2018 Application Fee
Online the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWD/Female/Transgender/Minorities /Economically backward class categories are eligible for the refund of examination fee of Rs. 250. Such candidates should provide details of the beneficiary account in which they would like to receive the refund viz., Beneficiary name, Bank Name, Account No. and IFSC code in the online application and the refund of fee will be made duly deducting the bank charges on appearing in the exam.
Railway Group D 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria of RRB CEN 02/2018 should apply. It is the candidate’s responsibility to check eligibility. At the time of the exam, railways will not check eligibility. Documents to prove eligibility will be required at the time of document verification. The RRB Group D 2018 Vacancy Age Limit, Educational Qualification and other eligibility criteria is given below.
Railway Grade D Vacancy Educational Qualification
For Electrical/ Engineering/ S / T Department / Medical and Traffic Department –
- Should have passed Class 10th, OR
- Should have an ITI from institutions recognised by NCVT/SCVT or its equivalent, OR
- Should hold a National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
Railway Group D 2018 Vacancy Age Limit (as on June 01, 2018)
The lower age limit for the candidate is 18 years of age. Whereas, the upper age limit is 33 years of age.
|Age Group||Upper limit of Date of Birth (Not earlier than)||Lower limit of Date of Birth (Not later than)|
|UR||OBC||SC/ST||For all Categories|
|18 to 33 years||July 02, 1985||July 02, 1982||July 02, 1980||July 01, 2000|
Upper Age Limit Relaxation in RRB Group D 2018
The RRB also gives relaxation in the Upper Age limit for Reserved categories. The maximum upper age limit for these categories will be as follows:
|SC/ST candidates||5 years|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer candidates||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service after attestation||Up to the extent of service rendered in Defence + 3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||UR||10 Years|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||13 Years|
|Candidates ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.||5 Years|
|Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells||UR||40 Years of age|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||43 Years of age|
|SC/ST||45 Years of age|
|Candidates who are working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institute||Up to the length of service rendered (or) 5 Years, whichever is lower.|
|Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from husband but not remarried / Candidates who have commenced Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years||UR||35 Years of age|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||38 Years of age|
|SC/ST||40 Years of age|
Official Websites for RRB Group D 2018 Recruitment
|Name of RRB||Website||Name of RRB||Website|
RRB Grade D Recruitment 2018 Notification – Click Here