RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 – Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has opened Group D Recruitment 2018 to fill 62907 vacancies. The application process for the recruitment has ended and now the candidates are waiting for the exam date and admit card. Since the recruitment has been announced, a lot of fake exam dates of RRB Group D 2018 has been announced. However, as per the latest notice, the date are not out yet and is expected to be available in the 3rd week of August 2018 and the exam will be held in the month of September 2018. Candidates can check all the important details about RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 from this page.
Latest: RRB Group D Exam Date will be out in 3rd week of August and CBT will be held in September.
RRB Group D Recruitment 2018
RRB CEN 02/2018 indicates 62907 vacancies for various Grade IV posts, which includes, track manager/track man, gateman, pointsman, helpers, etc. Earlier, RRC used to organize group D recruitment but now RRB is looking after it. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is conducting RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 for 62907 vacancies. The number of vacancies may increase or decrease later. Now that notification has been released, candidates can now note all the important dates here.
|Railway Group D 2018||Dates|
|Notification releases on||10 Feb 2018|
|Candidates can apply online for RRB Group D from||10 Feb 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|Last date to apply online||31 Mar 2018|
|Application Status will be available from||11 July 2018|
|Admit Card for CBT/PET/ DV will be available for download from||10 days before the date of exam, i.e 2nd or 3rd Aug 2018|
|RRB Group recruitment 2018 exam date||September 2018|
|Declaration of Result||To be notified|
RRB Group D Application Status 2018
The application status of the candidates will state if their application form has been accepted or rejected. The candidates will be able to check their application status from the official website of individual RRB. To do so, candidates will have to login and enter registration number and other required details.
RRB Group D Application Form 2018
- Application Process is over!
The Candidates can apply online for RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 at the official website. The link to apply online has been given above. Also, each website of the zones and divisions of Indian Railways will have apply online links. The application form will be divided in two parts. Check how to apply for RRB Group D recruitment 2018 below.
- To register online, you first need to select the RRB for which you wish to apply for and then you need to enter registration details such as your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s name, Aadhar number, State, SSLC/Matric Roll number, Year of passing SSLC/MATRIC, mobile number and email-id.
- On submitting the registration details, you will receive an OTP through email and SMS. So provide only valid email id and mobile number.
- Now, in Part 1 of the application form, you need to provide the details of Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, etc. On completion of Part 1 of the RRB Application Form 2018, you can proceed to pay the application fee.
- The application fee can be paid by either Online or Offline Mode.
- In Part 2 of the Application Form, you need to Set priority/preferences for posts, only if you are eligible for more than one post, Choose the Exam Language, Upload Images as per the specifications.
- In the online application form, you can also give your consent for sharing the scores obtained in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/PSUs and Private organizations, for recruitment in their organizations.
- Finally submit the application form online.
Application Fee and Refund Policy
The applicants need to pay the following amount for the application fee and order to apply for RRB Grade D 2018.
|Categories||Application Fee Charges|
|For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWD/Female/Transgender/Minorities /Economically backward class||Rs. 250|
|For all other candidates||Rs. 500|
Mode of Payment: The application is payable by either Online or Offline mode by the following means:
- Online fee payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Offline fee payment through:
- SBI Bank Challan Payment mode
- Post Office Challan Payment in any branch of computerized Post Office.
Refund Policy for Application Fee
Online the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWD/Female/Transgender/Minorities /Economically backward class categories are eligible for the refund of examination fee of Rs. 250. Such candidates should provide details of the beneficiary account in which they would like to receive the refund viz., Beneficiary name, Bank Name, Account No. and IFSC code in the online application and the refund of fee will be made duly deducting the bank charges on appearing in the exam.
Railway Group D Eligibility Criteria 2018
Only those candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria of RRB CEN 02/2018 should apply. It is the candidate’s responsibility to check eligibility. At the time of the exam, railways will not check eligibility. Documents to prove eligibility will be required at the time of document verification. The RRB Group D Vacancy Age Limit, Educational Qualification and other eligibility criteria is given below.
Railway Grade D Vacancy Educational Qualification
For Electrical/ Engineering/ S / T Department / Medical and Traffic Department –
- Should have passed Class 10th, OR
- Should have an ITI from institutions recognised by NCVT/SCVT or its equivalent, OR
- Should hold a National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
Railway Group D Vacancy Age Limit (as on June 01, 2018)
The lower age limit for the candidate is 18 years of age. Whereas, the upper age limit is 33 years of age.
|Age Group||Upper limit of Date of Birth (Not earlier than)||Lower limit of Date of Birth (Not later than)|
|UR||OBC||SC/ST||For all Categories|
|18 to 33 years||July 02, 1985||July 02, 1982||July 02, 1980||July 01, 2000|
Upper Age Limit Relaxation
The RRB also gives relaxation in the Upper Age limit for Reserved categories. The maximum upper age limit for these categories will be as follows:
|SC/ST candidates||5 years|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer candidates||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service after attestation||Up to the extent of service rendered in Defence + 3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||UR||10 Years|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||13 Years|
|Candidates ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.||5 Years|
|Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells||UR||40 Years of age|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||43 Years of age|
|SC/ST||45 Years of age|
|Candidates who are working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institute||Up to the length of service rendered (or) 5 Years, whichever is lower.|
|Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from husband but not remarried / Candidates who have commenced Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years||UR||35 Years of age|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||38 Years of age|
|SC/ST||40 Years of age|
Railway Group D Admit Card 2018
The admit card for RRB Grade D Recruitment 2018 will be available for download by Online mode only. The Railway Grade D Admit Card will be released for Computer Based Test (CBT) first. The candidates who will successfully submit the RRB Grade D Online Form with payment can download the admit card. Only the SC/ST category candidates can avail the benefit of free travel authority(Sleeper Class Railway Pass) only if they have uploaded the details of their community certificate at the time of filling the form. For such candidates the admit card will contain the free travel authority and will be allowed to book ticket on submission of self-attested photocopy of RRB Grade D Admit Card and SC/ST certificate. On the day of the examination, the candidates must bring the print out of the admit card and a valid id proof in original.
Exam Pattern for Railway Group D Online Exam 2018
Firstly the candidates need to appear for the Computer Based Test as per the schedule given on their RRB Group D Admit Card/ Call Letter 2018. The exam pattern followed for the test is as follows:
- Duration of the exam: 90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 100
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Subjects to prepare for the test: The paper will consist of questions from Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science, General Awareness on current affairs.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for every incorrect answer.
Railway Group D Vacancy 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus as per which the candidate should prepare is as follows:
- Mathematics: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science: The questions for this section shall be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
- General Awareness on current affairs: Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
Railway Group D Selection Process 2018
The recruitment of candidates for various posts will be as follows:
Railway Group D Result 2018
Once the exam is conducted, candidates’ papers will be evaluated. Since it is an online exam, all recorded responses will be checked. Then on the basis of number of correct and incorrect answers, candidates will get marks. Then as per marks, candidates will get position in merit list. Ultimately selection will depend on whether marks are equal to or more than cut off or not.
Railway Group Cut Off 2018
The cut off marks to be obtained by the candidate in RRB Group D 2018 Online Test is given below. Any candidate who will score below the cut off percentage will not be considered for further selection process:
|Categories||Cut Off Percentage|
Note: The cut off percentage will be relaxed by 02 % in case of PWD candidates.
Railway Group D Physical Efficiency Test 2018
The qualifiers of the online test will then have to appear for Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The admit card for RRB Group D PET 2018 will be available online at the official website of RRB. The criteria for PET is as follows:
For Male Candidates
- Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
For Female Candidates
- Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Railway Group D 2018 Document Verification
On the basis of candidates performance in the online test, PET, the shortlisted candidates will be called for Document Verification. In case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position will b be determined by considering the age criteria i.e., the older person shall be given higher priority. The schedule for Document Verification will be printed on its admit card. At the time of document verification, you will need to all original documents along with two sets of self-attested photocopies of each.
Railway Group D Vacancy 2018
RRB CEN 02/2018 shows that there are various vacancies in the grade IV posts.
Name of the posts in RRB CEN 02/2018
The vacancies have been released for the following posts:
- Track Maintainer / Trackman
- Helpers in Electrical
- Helpers in Engineering
- Helpers in Mechanical
- Helpers in Signal and Telecommunication
Vacancy Details: Check all here.the vacancy details here.
Scale of Pay: Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of ₹18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
Official Websites for RRB Group D Recruitment 2018
|Name of RRB||Website||Name of RRB||Website|
RRB Grade D Recruitment 2018 Notification – Click Here