SSC CGL Books 2022: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL exam every year to recruit candidates for the posts of assistant officers for various roles. Candidates must check the syllabus first and start the preparation for the examination with related and helpful books and contents. Tier I and Tier II of the exam are quite similar and books for both are the same as well. Tier III is an essay writing exam so it needs preparation in detail. Tier IV is a skill test. This article will deal with the details related to the syllabus and important books for the preparation of the SSC CGL exam 2022.
SSC CGL Books 2022
The best preparation books and mock tests can be selected based on the syllabus of the exam. In this article, we will discuss the books students should read and understand to clear the major part of the SSC CGL examination 2022.
SSC CGL Exam Books 2022
SSC CGL Exam books are entirely dependent upon the syllabus released by the SSC. Here in the table, there are booklists given according to subjects and papers of the SSC CGL Exam.
- SSC CGL English Books
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi||Click here|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan||Click here|
|Perfect competitive English||VK Sinha||Click here|
|Quick learning objective general English||RS Aggarwal and Vikas Aggarwal||Click here|
|From plinth to paramount||Neetu Singh||Click here|
|How to prepare for verbal ability and reading comprehension||Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Objective English for competitive examinations||HM Prasad||Click here|
|Wren and Martin High school English grammar and composition||Wren and Martin||Click here|
|A mirror of common errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh||Click here|
- SSC CGL Maths Books
|Quantitative aptitude||Dr. R.S. Aggarwal||Click here|
|NCERT maths from grade 6th grade 11||NCERT||Click here|
|SSC elementary and advanced maths||Kiran||Click here|
|Magical book on quicker maths||M Tyra||Click here|
|Advance maths||Rakesh Yadav||Click here|
- SSC CGL Reasoning Books
|Modern approach to verbal and nonverbal reasoning||Dr. RS Aggarwal||Click here|
|Analytical reasoning||MK Pandey||Click here|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||AK Gupta||Click here|
|How to prepare for logical reasoning||Arun Sharma||Click here|
- SSC CGL General Awareness Books
|NCERT books of class 10th and 12th history, geography, economics||NCERT||Click here|
|General knowledge||Lucent publication||Click here|
|Manorama yearbook||Manorma||Click here|
SSC CGL Syllabus
The SSC CGL Exam has 4 stages and the syllabus is equally distributed between all of them.
Here, we will know about the syllabus of SSC CGL Exam 2022.
Syllabus for Tier I:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative aptitude
- English comprehension
Syllabus for Tier II:
- Paper I – Quantitative abilities
- basic maths, calculation, areas, and perimeter of the shapes, fractions, trigonometry, and other various topics.
- Paper-II – English Language and comprehension
- basic English language, synonyms, antonyms, tenses and modals, phrases and idioms, etc
- Paper III – Statistics
- Collection, classification and presentation of statistical data
- Measures of central tendency
- Measures of dispersion
- Moments, skewness and kurtosis
- Correlation and regression
- Probability theory
- Random variable and probability distribution
- Sampling theory
- Statistical inference
- Analysis of variance
- Time series analysis
- Index numbers
- Paper-IV – General Studies – Finance and economics
- Fundamental principles and basic concepts of accounting (80 marks)
- Economics and governance (120 marks)
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Exam pattern is prescribed in the official notification. The examination will be conducted in four stages as mentioned below:
- Tier I: Computer-based examination
- Tier II: Computer-based examination
- Tier III Descriptive paper
- Tier IV: Computer proficiency test/Data Entry Skill Test
Tier I and objective papers
|Tiers||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Tier I (Objective)||General intelligence and reasoning||25||50||1 hour only|
|Tier II (Objective)||Paper I: Quantitative abilities||100||200||2 hours each paper|
|Paper II: English language |
|Paper III: Statistics||100||200|
|Paper IV: General Studies||100||200|
|Tier III Descriptive paper||Essay writing/application |
and letter writing exam
Tier IV is a computer proficiency test or the skill test for the applied posts.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips
Candidates must start their preparation for SSC CGL 2022 after the application form submission. Before starting the preparation, candidates must go through the entire syllabus and understand all the key things to study. Candidates should plan their timetable to study according to the syllabus. Also, candidates should focus on their weak subjects to get a strong grip over them. There are a few tips to start your preparation:
- Maintain consistency in study
- Understand and learn the topics instead of bottling up them in the head
- Examine your information and knowledge every week with a test or previous year question papers practice
- Practice mock tests regularly
- Focus on the marks distribution in the examination
- Don’t give up!
Subject-wise preparation tips
SSC CGL Tier I
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – It consists of questions based upon the reasoning and aptitude of the candidate. It consists of topics Analogies, similarities, decision making, reasoning, judgement, coding and decoding etc.
- General Awareness – Questions asked in this section are about current affairs, geography, economy, polity of the country and world. Candidates can read the blogs, magazines and newsletters to learn about daily events happening around them.
- Quantitative aptitude – It consists of the questions based upon the arithmetical knowledge of the candidates like percentage, profit & loss, time & distance, geometrical problems etc.
- English comprehension – The name suggests itself that this section requires good control over English language and its comprehension. Candidates must be aware about general grammar, tense making, modals, verbs and other comprehension skills.
SSC CGL Tier II
- Paper I and Paper II are quantitative and language comprehension based respectively. Both of these papers require extra practice of previous year question papers and mock tests regularly.
- Paper III is about statistics which consists of Collection and classification of data, sampling theory, Distributions, probability theory, correlation and regression etc.
- Paper IV consists of Finance & Economics and Economics & governance holding 80 and 120 marks respectively. According to marks distribution, candidates must focus on both the topics wisely with extra time.
SSC CGL Tier III
It is an essay writing exam. Candidates must practice writing the qualitative answers in less time to increase the chances of scoring better.
SSC CGL Tier IV
It is a Computer proficiency test. It checks basic typing and computer skills. Word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and spreadsheet management are the important key topics of this tier.
About SSC CGL Exam
The SSC CGL exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission every year. It is a national-level exam just like UPSC IAS or IPS exams. The examination takes place in 4 stages – 2 objective tiers, 1 descriptive paper, and 1 skill test. Candidates who qualified for the descriptive paper stage will be able to proceed further to sit for a practical test. This examination is conducted to recruit candidates for various posts in the Indian Government system.
Ans: There are several parts of different tiers and papers, therefore candidates should focus on all the subjects and books instead of finding the one to top the exam.
Ans: From Plinth to paramount is the best book for English comprehension.
Ans: Tier I and Tier II are important to get selected for the further tiers. While Tier III and Tier IV are important for getting selected in the exam.
Leave a Reply