|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
SSC CGL Preparation 2017 – If you are appearing in Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam 2017, then this is how you must prepare for it. Hard work and dedication are key factors in SSC CGL Preparation. It is also important to know good books, exam pattern, and syllabus. Know here everything about SSC CGL Preparation 2017. The more you prepare, the easier a competition gets.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Preparation 2017 Overview
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) offers central government jobs. Whether be it college students or job seekers, millions are preparing for SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam 2017. Tier-I Exam date is around the corner likely to take place between August 01 to August 20, 2017. The days are few and the pressure is building upon students as on how to study efficiently to score well. The trick is quite simple and easy. You must make a schedule and stick to it. It is strongly advised to solve previous year question papers as same sort of questions might be asked again. There are millions competing for 4733 vacancies. Remember to download admit card of SSC CGL 2017 before exam.
Purchase good books of renowned publishers such as Arihant Publishers. Books of some renowned authors such as RS Aggarwal will be a great help to your preparation for subjects such as Quantitative Aptitude.
In this article, you can find the following contents:
- Best books
- Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Things you must do before appearing for SSC CGL
- Sample Schedule
SSC CGL Tier-I / Tier-II Exam Best Books 2017
- Arithmetics: Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra or Arihant Fast Track Arithmetics
- Advanced Maths: Advanced Maths by Rakesh Yadav or Advance Maths by Rishikesh Publication (Lucent Publication)
- Higher level Questions: Quantum Cat by Sarvesh Verma
- Previous Year Paper: Kiran 7100+Maths Book (Preferred) or SSC Maths by Rakesh Yadav 7300+
- Basic English Guide-for all sections: Objective general English by S P Bakshi or Objective General English by R S Agarwal
- Grammar Rules: A Mirror of common errors(A K Singh) or Plinth to Paramount by K D Campus Volume 1
- Previous Year Paper: SSC Previous Paper Set (M B Publications) upto CGL-2016 or SSC Previous Papers Set(Kiran) 8800+
- Comprehension: RC+PQRS+CLOZE Test
- Word Power Made Easy
- Kiran One Word Substitutions
- Arihant Idioms and Phrases
- Dictionary of synonyms and Antonyms (B.B Sinha)
SSC CGL Tier-III (Subjective Exam) Best Books 2017
- For Essay Writing: 151 Essays of Arihant Publications
- For Contemporary Essay Writing: Tata Mcgraw Hills Publications
- For Letter Writing: A Handbook for Letter Writing by Arihant Publications
- For Nibandh Mala: 221 Hindi Nibandh by Arihant Publication
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Pattern 2017
|Computer Based Exam|
|Exam paper||Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration
(Visually Handicapped and Cerebral Palsy)
|Tier-I||A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 minutes|
|B||General Awareness||25||50 Marks|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude||25||50 Marks|
|D||English Comprehension||25||50 Marks|
Syllabus for SSC CGL Tier-I, 2017
- General Intelligence and Reasoning :
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Coding & de-coding
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Trends, Space Orientation
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers,
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification,
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence
- General Awareness:
- Economic Scene
- General Policy & Scientific Research.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Computation of whole numbers,decimals,fractions and relationships between numbers,Percentage,Ratio & Proportion,Square roots,Averages,Interest,Profit and Loss,Discount,Partnership Business,Mixture and Alligation,Time and distance,Time & Work,Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,Graphs of Linear Equations,Triangle and its various kinds of centers,Congruence and similarity of triangles,Circle and its chords, tangents,angles subtended by chords of a circle,common tangents to two or more circles,Triangle,Quadrilaterals,Regular Polygons ,Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder,Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped,Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio,Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram,Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension: Basic comprehension and writing skills will be tested.
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Pattern 2017
|Computer Based Exam|
|Exam paper||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration
(Visually Handicapped and Cerebral Palsy)
|Tier-II||IV||General Studies||25||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 minutes|
|III||Statistics||100||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 minutes|
|I||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 minutes|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 minutes|
Syllabus for SSC CGL Tier-II, 2017
Paper-I: Quantitative Aptitude: Computation of whole numbers,decimals,fractions and relationships between numbers,Percentage,Ratio & Proportion,Square roots,Averages,Interest,Profit and Loss,Discount,Partnership Business,Mixture and Alligation,Time and distance,Time & Work,Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,Graphs of Linear Equations,Triangle and its various kinds of centers,Congruence and similarity of triangles,Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle,common tangents to two or more circles,Triangle,Quadrilaterals,Regular Polygons ,Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder,Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped,Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio,Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram,Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension: Spot the error, Fill in the blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms, Spelling/detecting miss-spelt words, Idioms & phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of sentences, Active/passive voice of verbs, Conversion into direct/indirect narration, Shuffling of sentence parts, Shuffling of sentences in a passage, Cloze passage & comprehension passage.
Paper-III :Statistics: Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data, Measures of Central Tendency, Measures of Dispersion, Moments Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Probability Theory, Random Variable and Probability Distributions, Sampling Theory, Statistical Inference, Analysis of Variance –Time Series Analysis.
SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Pattern 2017
|Tier||Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Max. Marks||Duration|
|III||Pen and paper mode||Paragraph Writing/Letter Writing/Application Writing||100||1 hour|
|IV||Data Entry Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test||–||Qualifying||Refer to official notice)|
Things you must do before appearing for SSC CGL
Solve Previous Year Question papers
It is strongly advised to solve previously asked questions so that you can determine your level of preparation. Try to target the most frequently asked questions and practice them thoroughly.
Good books are the key
Books are our best friends. They can guide us to glory if we study them. Prefer books as per the syllabus and try different questions daily. Prefer books of reputed publishers such as Arihant Publishers. Revise the topics side-by-side and avoid solving same type of questions.
Follow a schedule and stick to it
Plan a schedule as per the syllabus and your preparation. Try to be consistent rather than putting overload. Don’t let go a single day without studying as it would ruin your regime.
Stay motivated and do not worry
Don’t let the negativity harm you. Stay positive and believe in yourself. You must try to be around those people who encourages you and guide you well.
Smart work is the key to treasure
Don’t waste your time solving all the questions. Focus on frequently asked questions and target the tricky questions and practice them daily. Do not cram the questions instead try to take help from someone who can make you understand.
Sample SSC CGL Preparation Schedule
Follow the sample schedule and you can alter the topics according to your preference.
|Days||General Intelligence and Reasoning||Mathematics||English Language|
||Simplification, Decimals, Recurring Decimals||Vocabulary, Spot the error, Idioms and Phrases|
||Divisibility, Fractions, LCM||Sentence structure, Synonyms, Cloze passage|
||HCF, Partnership, Average||Antonyms and its appropriate use, Comprehension passage|
||Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Profit and Loss,||Vocabulary, Direct to Indirect Speech|
||Discount, Simple Interest, Time and work, Time and distance.||Sentence structure, Synonyms|
||Graphs of Linear Equations.
Triangles and its various kinds of centres.
Congruence of Triangle.
|Antonyms and its appropriate use, Active and Passive voice|
Circle and its chords.
Degree and Radian measure.
|Vocabulary, Shuffling of sentences|
If you have any queries on SSC CGL Preparation 2017, please ask in comments below.