Territorial Army Officer 2019: The Indian Territorial Army has conducted the written test for recruitment for the post of Territorial Army Officers (Non Departmental). The written test was held on July 28, 2019. Candidates are shortlisted for Territorial Army Officers on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview which is conducted by the Preliminary Interview Board (PIB). The result for Territorial Army recruiment 2019 is released online at jointerritorialarmy.gov.in. Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection for the given post. Check more details on Territorial Army Officer 2019 Recruitment from this page.
Territorial Army Recruitment 2019 of Officer
The recruitment for the post of Territorial Army Officers (Non-Departmental) is based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. Canddiates can check the schedule for Territorial Army Officer 2019 from the table below:
|Territorial Army Officer 2019||Important Date|
|Start date for Territorial Army Officer 2019 Online Registration||26 May 2019|
|Last date to submit the Territorial Army Officer Application Form 2019||25 Jun 2019|
|Issuance of Territorial Army Officer Admit Card 2019||Issued|
|Territorial Army Officer 2019 exam date||28 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of Territorial Army Officer 2019 written test||To be notified|
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Results
After the exam is over, the results will be declared. Result is a list of all the shortlisted candidates who scored minimum marks required for selection. The score card of this exam is the eligibility criteria for appearing in next screening test i.e. personal interview round conducted by the Preliminary Interview Board. The results will be declared on the official website of Territorial Army i.e. jointerritorialarmy.gov.in. The candidates who clear the personal interview round will be further undergoing tests under the Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
Qualifying Marks: The candidate will need minimum 40% in each subject and 50% in overall to qualify the written examination of the screening procedure.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Selection Procedure
Below is the selection procedure for the recruitment of Territorial Army Officer:
- Written test: The first round of selection procedure is written test in screening process. The written test consists of 200 MCQ type question divided into 2 papers. Each paper has 2 hours to solve.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who clear the written test are eligible to appear in personal interview conducted by the Preliminary Interview Board (PIB).
- The candidates who clear Personal interview further undergo tests under Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
Note: After the selection, the candidate must attend a one-month basic training within one year.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Personal interview Round
After the exam, the merit list of candidates who cleared the exam is declared. The result of written exam is the basis of eligibility for the personal interview round. The candidates who clear the written exam will be eligible for appearing in the personal interview. The interview will be conducted by the Preliminary Interview Board (PIB).
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Posts offered
Following is the data of posts offered by the Territorial Army in this exam:
Note: The candidate will be gainfully employed in the job. It is not a permanent job to consider.
|Rank||Pay Matrix||Military Service Pay|
The candidate will have a part time commitment under this job. It is not a full time career to consider. It is an employment situation where the employee receives consistent work and payment from the employer.
Territorial Army is second line army after the main Indian Army. The Territorial Army Posts are for civilians who are already in the mainstay professions and want to serve the nation in sideways. It should not be considered as a main profession or main mode of earning. The person appearing for TA exam must be employed in some other place as well.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Application Form
The application form for written exam of Territorial Army Officer were available on the official website i.e. jointerritorialarmy.gov.in from May 26 to June 25, 2019. The applications were accepted by online mode only. Application fee for the exam is Rs. 200. Any application with payment of prescribed fee will be rejected. Below are the instructions for filling the application form online:
- Application form must be filled online as per the prescribed date and after the last date the portal will be disabled.
- Applicants must give their active e-mail ID and phone no. for communications.
- The candidates should not wait for the last date to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must keep printouts of application form filled online with them.
- Applicant must choose the exam center carefully because it cannot be changed once the form is submitted.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for written exam the candidates must check if they are eligible for appearing in exam and recruitment after the exam. Below is the eligibility criteria for the candidates who want to apply for the Territorial Army Officer exam:
- Age Limit: 18 to 42 years
- Nationality: Citizen of India
- Gender: Male and Female
- Education qualification: The candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university from any stream.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit in every aspect.
Note: Any serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces is not eligible for appearing and recruitment through this exam.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the list below for exam pattern of written exam of Territorial Army Officer:
- Mode of Exam: The exam conducted will be an Offline Pen-paper Test
- Language: There will be 2 languages i.e. English and Hindi.
- Duration: The exam will be of 4 hours divided in 2 segment
- No. of questions: The question paper will consist of 200 questions
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of MCQ type only
- Standard of the test: The standard of papers in Elementary Mathematics subject will be of matriculation level. While the level of other subjects will be as expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
- Positive marks: 1 mark for every right answer
- Negative mark: 0.5 marks for deducted for every wrong answer
Candidates can check the distribution of question from the table below:
|Paper||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks|
|Paper- I||Part-I Reasoning Part- II Elementary Mathematics||50 50||50 marks 50 marks|
|Paper- II||Part- I General Knowledge Part- II English||50 50||50 marks 50 marks|
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Exam Syllabus
The question paper is divided into 4 sections:(A) Reasoning (Paper- I): The candidate will be judged on the basis of his ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple pattern of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.(B) Elementary Mathematics (Paper-II):
- Number System – natural numbers,
- rational and real numbers.
- Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
- Time and distance
- time and work
- application to simple and compound interest
- profit and loss
- ratio and proportion
(iii) Elementary number theory:
- Division algorithm
- prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11.
- Multiples and factors
- factorization theorem
- HCF and LCM.
- Euclidean algorithm,
- logarithms to base 10,
- laws of logarithms,
- use of logarithmic tables
- Basic operations,
- simple factors,
- remainder theorem,
- theory of polynomials,
- solutions of quadratic equations,
- relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered).
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions.
- Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions.
- Set language and set notation,
- rational expressions and conditional identities,
- laws of indices.
- Areas of squares,
- triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book).
- Surface area and volume of cuboids,
- lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders.
- Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data,
- graphical representation-frequency polygons,
- bar charts,pie charts, etc.
- Measures of central tendency.
(C) General Knowledge (Paper-II): The candidate must have knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. There will also be questions on history of India and geography of nature.(D) English (Paper-II): The candidate must have an understanding of English and workman – like usage of words. Questions in English will be from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Admit Card
As the application process ended, admit card is released available on the official portal. The candidate must have his/her Login-ID and password to access and download the admit card. Admit card is important verification document while appearing in the exam hall. Admit card consist of vital information about the candidate, roll no., exam center address and guidelines for conduct in the exam hall. The candidate must go through the guideline before appearing for exam. Candidates must download and print the admit card beforehand to avoid any casualties.
Territorial Army Officer 2019 Exam Centers
The examination centers declared by the Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) for conducting screening tests are:
|Center cities||Territorial Army Group Headquater|
|Chandigarh Jalandhar Shimla Hisar||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160 009. Ph No. 0172-2547864|
|Lucknow Patna||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Central Command, Lucknow (UP) – 226002.|
|Kolkata Siliguri Guwahati Dimapur||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William,Kolkata (WB)|
|Jaipur Pune Bangalore Hyderabad Nagpur||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Southern Command, Pune-411001.|
|UdhampurSrinagar||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur (J&K)|
Advertisement for Territorial Army Officer 2019
Notification for Territorial Army Officer 2019 – Download Here
Official website: www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in