AP Grama Sachivalayam Animal Husbandry Assistant Recruitment 2019: Andhra Pradesh government job seekers are participating in Grama / Ward Sachivalayam 2019 recruitment, in which, there are 9,866 vacancies of Animal Husbandry Assistant. The posts are in AP Animal Husbandry Subordinate Services. Candidates will be entitled to salary of Rs14,600 – 44,870, and Rs 15,000 pm in probation duration of two years. Find out detailed information about AP Grama Sachivalayam Animal Husbandry Assistant Recruitment 2019 notification, vacancies, syllabus, age, qualification.
AP Grama Sachivalayam Animal Husbandry Assistant Recruitment 2019
|Name of District||Tentative Number of Posts reserved for local STs in scheduled areas||Tentative number of posts in plain mandals||No. of Vacancies|
Breakup of vacancies
1)Two years Animal Husbandry Polytechnic Course conducted by Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati,
2) Intermediate Vocational course in Dairying and Poultry Sciences as one of the subjects of study / two years Poultry Diploma Course conducted by the Polytechnic College Ramachandrapuram of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati etc., / two years Intermediate Vocational Course in Multi Purpose Veterinary Assistant (MPVA) as per the provisions of GO MS No:34 Dtd.13-09-2013 of AHDDF (AHII) Dept.
“ Provided that the candidates selected with the qualifications in clause (2) shall undergo one year departmental training in Veterinary Assistant course to be conducted by Director of Animal Husbandry and those who have successfully completed the said training shall be appointed as the AHA post”
No person shall be eligible for direct recruitment if he/she is less than 18 years of age and if he / she is more than 42 years of age as on 01.07.2019 as per G.O.Ms.No.132,GA (Ser-A) Dept., dated:15.10.2018. Candidates should not be born earlier than 02.07.1977 and not later than 01.07.2001.
Age Relaxation is applicable to the categories as detailed below:
|SC/ST and BCs||5 years|
|Physically Handicapped||10 years|
|Ex. Service men||Shall be allowed to deduct from his age a period of 3 years in addition to the length of service rendered by him in the armed forces/NCC|
|N.C.C (who have worked as instructor in NCC)||Same as above|
|A.P State Government Employees (Employees of APSEB, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc., are not eligible)||Upto a maximum 5 years based on the length of regular service|
|Retrenched temporary employees in the state Census department with a minimum service of 6 months||3 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried and belonging to SC/ST category covered under 12 (b) (iii) of AP state and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 with reference to posts of Junior Assistants or less||Upper age limit is 48 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried and not belonging to SC/ST category covered under 12 (b) (iii) of AP state and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 with reference to posts of Junior Assistants or less||Upper age limit is 43 years|
|Educationally Qualified Gopalamitras/Gopalamitra Supervisors/MPDEA||Up-to a maximum of 5 years or length of service in years whichever is less.|
AP Grama Sachivalayam Animal Husbandry Assistant Exam Pattern 2019
|Written examination (Objective Type)||No. of Qs||Duration in minutes||Max Marks|
|Part-A General Studies and mental ability||50||50||50|
|Part-B Subject related to Animal Husbandry||100||100||100|
Marking scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and each wrong answer will carry 0.25 negative mark.
AP Grama Sachivalayam Animal Husbandry Assistant Syllabus 2019
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- General Mental ability and reasoning.
- Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
- General English.
- Current affairs of regional, national and International importance.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary development in science and Technology and information Technology.
- History & Culture of India with specific focus on AP.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, 73/74th Amendments, public policy, reforms ad centre – state relations with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh
- Society, Social justice, rights issues.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Key welfare & development schemes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
COMMON SYLLABUS PRESCRIBED FOR THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION TO BE CONDUCTED FOR ANIMAL HUSBANDRY ASSISTANT POSTS IN ANIMAL HUSBANDRY DEPARTMENT
1. Basics in Veterinary anatomy and Physiology:
Major bones and joints of Animals, Important organs & functions of Digestive, Respiratory, Circulatory, Urinary, Genital, Nervous and endocrine system.
2. Infectious Diseases of Livestock Poultry:
Characteristics of different infectious agents, Bacteria, Virus, parasite (external & Internal), Transmission of diseases of Livestock poultry
Bacterial Diseases: Anthrax, HS, BQ, Mastitis, TB, JD, Brucellosis, Pullorum Disease, fowl Cholera.
Viral: PPR, FMD, POX, Rabies, RD, IB, ILT, Gambaro.
Parasitic: Ascariasis, strongylosis, amphistomiasis, mange, ticks, lice.
Fungal: Ring Worm,Vaccines for infectious diseases
General hygiene prevention & control measures of infectious diseases of livestock & poultry
3. Veterinary Pharmacy: Drugs, forms, weighing, measuring (units) routes of administration of drugs, oral parenteral ( SC, IM, IV) Forms of drugs – Powders, mixtures, lotion, ointment, paste, tablet, electuary, enema, tinctures, bolus, emulsion, Standards of drug manufacturing I.P, B.P., B.Vet.C.,
4. Fundamentals of Animal reproduction and Gynaecology: Genital organs of different livestock species, sexual maturity, estrus cycle, gestation, pregnancy diagnosis, parturition, infertility and sterility and their treatment, common reproductive disorders – Dystocia & Retention of placenta
5. Basics in artificial insemination: Advantages of AI, Preparation of AV, Semen collection, Management of Frozen „semen, Handling f liquid nitrogen container, detection of heat in different livestock, insemination techniques, precautions for successful AI, follow up of AI
6. Basics in Surgery: General surgical conditions – abscesses, wounds, fractures. Antiseptics & disinfectants. Pre-operative &Post operative surgical care. Surgical pack preparation. Sterilisation techniques. Castration & different bandaging techniques.
7. Fundamentals of Veterinary Medicine: Definition of Health, disease, symptoms. Physical & clinical examination of animals. Collection of History. General Diagnosis, treatment and control of diseases of gastrointestinal tract, liver, respiratory system, skin, Uro-genital tract, nervous system, metabolic and deficiency diseases
8. Introduction of Veterinary Biologicals and Vaccines: Veterinary Biologicals and their importance in Veterinary practice.Handling & storage of various Biologicals. Vaccination schedule for livestock and poultry.
9. Veterinary First Aid and clinical Management: Restraining of various Livestock species. Registration of cases. History taking, Recording of Body temperature, pulse and respiration. Methods of medication, (Oral and Parental) First aid measures in emergency cases. Collection & dispatch of clinical samples.
10. Analytical Laboratory Techniques: Common equipment for laboratory analysis, guidelines for handling chemicals & equipment, disposal of laboratory wastes. Sampling and sample preparation for chemical analysis.
11. Laboratory Diagnostic Techniques – I Sterilisation techniques of laboratory chemicals and glass ware. Media preparation, sero diagnosis – antigen, antibody.
12. Laboratory Diagnostic Techniques – II Collection, preservation & dispatch of various materials for parasitological examination – Skin scrapings, etc.
13. Dairy Management: Importance of Milk – Advantages of Dairy farming important breeds of cattle & Buffaloes. Important exotic dairy cattle.Importance of cross breeding. Advantages of cross bred cows and upgrading of buffaloes. Ideal dairy animals. Dairy Farm practices. Feeding and Management of different classes of dairy animals. Milking methods. Clean Milk production. Importance of Colostrum. Housing of dairy animals. Identification of Dairy animals. Package of practices in calf rearing. Heifer rearing. Management of high yielding cows and buffaloes. Composition and Chemical properties of milk. Farm records and their maintenance. Bio gas production. Economics of Dairy Farming. Role of Milk cooperatives. Milk Chilling, Pasteurisation in milk – Important products. Marketing of dairy cattle, milk & milk products, important dairy products.
14. Principles of management of Meat animals Importance of meat producing animals – sheep, goat, swine and rabbits.Popular breeds of sheep, goat & swine and their characters.Breeding.Mating practices, feeding and general management & guidelines.Care and management of pregnant & lactating animals.Rearing of lambs, kids and piglets.Housing of sheep, goat, & swine.Debugging, docking, castration, vaccination, deworming, deticking in meat animals – Marketing of Live meat animals – Livestock insurance.
15. Livestock Farm Management: Livestock farming vs mixed farming, record keeping, farm inventory marketing of Livestock & Livestock products, distribution channels, organisation of cooperative societies.
16. Principles of Livestock feeding: Importance of feeding – classification of feeds and fodders – importance of cultivated fodder & legumes, roughages & concentrates – chaffing of fodder- preparation of concentrate mixture – Formulation of rations- fodder conservation (Hay & Silage making) – common crop residues in animal feeding. Important fodder trees. Animal feeding & drought and natural calamities – storage feeds – Thumb rules for Livestock feeding – Urea treated paddy straw.
17. Basics of Pet & Zoo animals management: Common pet animals and their utility, common breeds of dogs, handling & restraining of pet animals Feeding & Management of dogs, important zoo animals – care, management & health cover of zoo animals Vaccination schedule, deworming – administration of medicines in different routes in dogs and cats
18. Avian Hatchery Management: Layout of Hatchery- incubators- setters – Hatchery incubation – management. Hatching eggs – Collection , selection and storage – fumigation – requirement of incubation – temperature, humidity , ventilation, turning candling of eggs – sexing , vaccination, grading of chicks, dubbing and toy clipping.
19. Poultry Management: Advantages of Poultry farming – present status of poultry industry – different breeds – system of poultry rearing – advantages and disadvantages – poultry farm equipment – breeding management – feeding and management of different classes of poultry – feed supplements – additives – mixing of poultry feeds – measure of sanitation – disinfection and disease control – Reconstitution of vaccine and their preservation – routes of vaccination – designing of vaccination program – litter management – handling of eggs. Farm records – record keeping. Feeding management of other avian species. Economics of poultry farming ( Layers& Broilers) –Marketing of poultry eggs and chicken meat
20. Basics in Meat production & Handling: Importance of meat yielding animals – Selection of ideal meat animals – optimum for slaughter – common instruments used to handle meat animals – dressing percentage- transportation of meat animals – care during transport – pre-slaughter handling – methods of slaughter – major cuts and their yields – components of abattoir – optimum facilities principles of meat preservation – ageing of differing species of Livestock.
If you have any queries on AP Grama Sachivalayam Animal Husbandry Assistant Recruitment 2019, then please ask in the comments below.