APSET 2022 – The Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) is an annual statewide exam conducted by the Andhra university. This test is conducted for the recruitment and promotion of Lecturers or Assistant Professors in universities and degree colleges. Candidates can find more details on APSET 2022 on the official website of Andhra University at apset.net.in. APSET has two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is for general knowledge and reasoning whereas Paper II deals with the subject of choice. Interested candidates will be able to find the complete information regarding the APSET 2022 examination by going through the entirety of this article.
APSET is held every year by Andhra University. In this article the candidates will find the eligibility criteria, official notification, how and where to apply, syllabus, exam pattern and the methods and books required to effectively prepare for APSET 2022.
|Events of importance||Dates|
|APSET 2022 official notification date||TBA|
|Start of APSET 2022 registration||TBA|
|Last date to apply for APSET 2022||TBA|
|Last date to remit fee||TBA|
|Last Date to remit fee with ₹1000 fine||TBA|
|Last Date to remit fee with ₹2000 fine||TBA|
|Admit card release||TBA|
|APSET 2022 – Exam Date||TBA|
|Answer key for APSET 2022||TBA|
Overview of APSET 2022
APSET is an annual state level eligibility test organized by the Andhra university. It takes place in two stages namely Paper I and Paper II. In this section candidates will get an overview of the examination.
|Conducting body||The Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Level of exam||State level|
|Educational qualification||Master’s degree with a minimum of 55%(5% relaxation for reserved categories)|
|Application fee||₹1200 + Service charges – General/EWS categories ₹1000 + Service charges – BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC-E Categories ₹700 + Service charges – SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories|
|Exam Pattern||Two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Both of MCQ format|
|APSET Paper||Paper I – General Studies Paper II – Candidate’s subject of choice|
|Certificate validity||Lifetime validity|
APSET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for APSET 2022 candidates should satisfy the following eligibility criterias. Detailed eligibility criteria information can be found at apset.net.in/eligibility.aspx. There will be no upper age limit for APSET 2022.
- Candidates who have a master’s degree with a minimum of 55% are eligible for the test. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/PWD/Transgender categories need a minimum of 50%.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final examination of masters and are awaiting results or those whose result has been delayed are eligible to apply. However the minimum marks requirements will be 55% and 50% for general and reserved categories respectively.
- Aspirants holding a PhD degree and having completed their master’s level examination by September 19, 1991, (irrespective of date of declaration of result) are eligible for a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks.
APSET 2022 Application Form
Aspirants can check the steps to submit APSET application form:
- Candidates can fill the form and submit it online at apset.net.in.
- Candidates will be asked to upload their recent passport size photograph, scanned copy of signature and documents proving educational qualifications in specified size on the official website of Andhra university at apset.net.in.
- Candidates should remit the fee online to complete the application process.
Examination fee for APSET 2022
|Category of candidate||Application Fee|
|General category / EWS||₹1200 + Service charges|
|BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC-E Categories||₹1000 + Service charges|
|SC/ST/PWD categories||₹700 + Service charges|
APSET 2022 Syllabus
Paper I deals with general studies, reasoning and aptitude it is intended to assess the teaching or research aptitude of the candidate. Paper II will be based on the candidate’s subject of choice. Given below are the APSET syllabus for Paper I and Paper II.
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Mathematical reasoning and Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer science and application
- Earth, Atomspheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Environmental Science
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Life sciences
- Library and Information Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Visual Arts
APSET 2022 Exam Pattern
Analysing the exam pattern in detail is crucial when it comes to cracking the APSET exam. It helps the candidate in understanding the mark distribution of each subject and they can decide the amount of time and effort they want to spend on each of the subjects.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 1 hour for Paper I and 2 hours for Paper II
- Type of questions: MCQ format. Each question will have four alternatives
- Total marks: 100 marks for Paper I and 200 marks for Paper II
- Number of questions: 50 questions for Paper I and 100 questions for Paper II
- Marking scheme : two marks for every right answer and no negative marking
Mark distribution for Paper I
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude||5||10|
|Information and Communication Technology||5||10|
|People, Development and Environment||5||10|
Mark distribution for Paper II
|Paper||No. Of Questions||Marks|
APSET 2022 Preparation
For APSET Paper I, general awareness of the candidate and research abilities are put to test. And as for Paper II, the candidates’ deep knowledge in their subject of choice is questioned.
- The best way to prepare for APSET is by referring to previous year question papers of the exam.
- Candidates should also update their knowledge using mock tests. This will increase speed and accuracy. It also helps in revision.
- Trying to solve question papers within specific time limits is also a good idea to build speed and for getting used to timed tests.
- UGC NET and SET books are really good alternatives to previous year question papers of APSET. These have the same format as well as similar syllabus.
APSET Preparation Books
Candidates can refer to these below given books to effectively prepare for APSET.
- APSET Paper I Guide – Krishnaveer Abhishek Challa
- Truman’s UGC NET/SET – Sajit Kumar M.Gagan
- UGC NET/JRF/SET Teaching and Research Aptitude – Pratiyogita Darpan
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF-Paper 1 – Arihant Experts
APSET Admit Card 2022
Candidates can download APSET admit card from the official website of Andhra University at apset.net.in. They can log in using their application number, security key (generated during registration) and password to download their admit card. The admit card will have details like the candidate’s name, photograph and signature, date, time and venue of the exam and general instructions for the candidate. The printout of the admit card along with a valid original photo identity proof is mandatory for APSET.
APSET 2022 Exam Centre
Following are the test centres for APSET examination:
|Regional Centre Code||Regional center name|
APSET 2022 Answer Key
The provisional answer key releases in the downloads section of the official website of Andhra university at apset.net.in. APSET answer key could be utilised by the candidates to find their tentative score. If any incorrect answers are noticed in the answer key of APSET, candidates can challenge the answer key with proof to back the claim. After the time for challenging the answer key is closed, the Andhra university publishes the final/revised answer key.
APSET 2022 Result
The APSET result is released on the official website of Andhra university at apset.net.in. Candidates can visit the website and click on the “Results” link on the menu bar. A PDF file containing roll numbers of the qualified candidates opens. Candidates, if qualified, can find their roll number amongst them. Those who qualify the examination will be handed a certification by the Andhra university proving eligibility as a research fellow or assistant professor. The certification awarded will have lifetime validity and is valid only in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
APSET 2022 Qualifying Marks
Candidates of the general category must have a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate for Paper I and Paper II to qualify for APSET 2022. Candidates who belong to reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Transgender categories must secure a minimum of 35%marks in aggregate for both papers for qualifying APSET. Qualified candidates will be asked for document verification.
About The Andhra University
The Andhra University was established in 1926 as residential teaching and affiliating University. This 94-year-old institution was founded by Sir C.R. Reddy. Andhra University became a trendsetter in Higher Education and University Administration in many respects. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India has reaccredited at “A” Grade with a CGPA of 3.60 out of four-point scale in 2016. The University got ISO 9001:2015 certification for its quality standards. Andhra University stands strong as one of the finest universities in India.
Ans. The exam notification of APSET is published on the official website of the Andhra University at apset.net.in.
Ans. The difficulty level for both exams are comparable since they have a similar syllabus and format. However UGC SET/NET is a nation wide examination and the competion is higher.
Ans. General category candidates require 40% and reserved category candidates require a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate of both papers of APSET to qualify.