APSET 2020 – The official notification for the APSET 2020 exam is releasing soon at the official website, apset.net.in. The state-level test, AP SET is being conducted to determine eligibility for Lectureship and Assistant Professor. Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) will have 2 papers. Candidates who have a Master’s degree or will complete it, and have a requisite percentage, can appear in APSET 2020 exam. Get here complete details of APSET 2020 including important dates, online application form, eligibility, question papers, syllabus, exam pattern.
APSET 2020 is the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test. It is a state-level exam held once a year for the purpose of recruitment and promotion of Assistant Professors and Lecturers in degree colleges as per UGC norms. To start with, note all important dates of APSET 2020 from here.
|AP SET 2020||Important Dates|
|AU will release AP SET 2020 notification||Fourth week of Jul 2020|
|Online application form submission starts||First week of Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply without late fee||Second week Sep 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 1000||Second week Sep 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 2000||Third week Sep 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 5000||First week of Oct 2020|
|Issuance of hall tickets||Second week of Oct 2020|
|AP SET 2020 exam date||Second week of Oct 2020|
|Availability of answer keys||Third week of Oct 2020|
|Availability of final answer keys||First week of Nov 2020|
|Declaration of results||Second week of Dec 2020|
|Certificate Verification||January 2021 onwards|
Overview of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test
|Name of the Examination||Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh|
|Posts Details||Assistant Professors and Lecturers|
|Mode of the examination||Online Examination|
|Duration of the examination||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+2 mark for correct marks and 0 marks for incorrect answers|
|Total Subjects||There are total 30 subjects in AP SET|
Tips and Tricks to prepare for APSET 2020
Some of the basic tips and tricks that the candidates can follow for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 if they wish to do well and excel the exam are described below:
#1: Candidates must plan an AP SET 2020 time table. A fixed timetable can allow them to devote their time to study for the various topics and sections.
#2: It is best to solve Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test previous year’s question papers while preparing for the examination. It is the best way of revising the pre-learned topics.
#3: The candidates should get all the topics contained in the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 syllabus. Knowing the entire syllabus helps the applicants plan and prepare accordingly.
#4: Candidates must be aware of APSET’s exam pattern and marking scheme. Knowing about the marking scheme would help them know the importance of different topics. Likewise, knowledge of the exam pattern is important to give the candidates a framework to be aware of the question paper’s structure.
#5: Candidates must list down the important topics or take notes when preparing for the various sections of the APSET syllabus. During the time of the revision, these essential metrics can be of enormous help.
APSET 2020 Exam Pattern
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test will consist of paper 1 and paper 2.
Exam pattern and schedule of AP SET is as follows
|Paper||Subject||No. of Qs||Marks|
|I||Common for all||50||100|
Marking scheme of AP SET 2020 is as follows
- You get +2 for correct answer.
- There is no negative marking.
Language of question papers will be as follows
- Paper I is in English and Telugu
- Paper II contains
- Bilingual for commerce, education, public administration, history, economics, political science, and sociology
- In English only for all other subjects
APSET 2020 Subjects
List of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test subjects are given below. Candidate has to select one of the 30 subjects from this list to appear for in the exam. Syllabus, cut off for each subject is different.
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Environmental Science
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Physical Sciences
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Visual Arts
How to select a subject?
Candidates are advised to appear in subject which is same as their subject of post graduation. However if their subject of postgraduation is not in SET subjects list, then they should appear in a related subject.
Changes in APSET Subjects
A new subject has been introduced in the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test in 2019. Course in visual arts is the new subject in which candidates are able to sit in the AP SET exam.
Besides this, there is no major change in the APSET exam. More changes, if any, will be published when notification releases.
APSET 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus defines the topics from which questions are asked in the exam. The level of exam will be as expected from PG degree holders of that subject.
AU publishes AP SET 2020 syllabus, with notification. Until then, candidates can refer to past year syllabus.
Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can prepare for APSET 2020 using previous year question papers. This strategy works since actual papers of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test are the best way to understand exam level, types of questions, and also work upon speed and accuracy.
One can either go for solved papers of AP SET available in book form in the market, or download question papers and answer keys of the exam available year wise online.
APSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only such candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria of AP SET 2020 should apply for the exam. It is the responsibility of the test taker to ensure that he/she is eligible for the exam. If one qualifies the exam but does not happen to be eligible, then he/she will not be able to complete the certificate verification process.
Eligibility criteria for APSET 2020 will be updated when notification and application form are released. Until then, you can check last year’s eligibility criteria below.
- Candidates should have completed Masters degree with at least 55% marks without rounding off.
- If candidates belong to Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / persons with disability (PWD) category, then they should have at least 50% marks.
- If candidates are yet to complete a Masters degree, then also you can appear in APSET 2020. However, in this case, they should complete Masters with requisite marks within two years of the date of the SET result.
- Ph.D. degree holders who completed PG by 19 Sep 1991 are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Those who have a PG degree/diploma from an Indian university or institute, or foreign degree/diploma/certificate by foreign university or institute, should check the equivalence of their certificate with a Masters’s degree in recognized Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- There is no upper age limit for applying for APSET.
- Candidates who have previously qualified UGC NET or APSET cannot apply in same subject in which they had qualified.
APSET 2020 Online Application Form
All candidates who are interested and eligible for APSET 2020 must fill and submit the online application form with fee before last date. Application fee to be submitted varies with time, as in certain time windows, late fee is applicable.
How to apply?
- Application form submission is completely online.
- Go to apset.net.in.
- Check for APSET apply online link and click on it.
- Fill all details asked in the form including personal, exam choices related, educational qualifications, communication details.
- Ensure that all data is correct.
- Upload images such as photographs, signature, caste/disability certificate.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the form after checking all details are correct.
AU has increased the application fee for AP SET 2020 by 200 Rs. Candidates can refer fees and pay the same with form.
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|SC / ST / PWD||700|
Candidates can pay the application fee via credit card, debit card, net banking at the online payment gateway.
Although fee is different as per category, late fee is same for all categories.
Andhra University will conduct AP SET 2020 at exam centres in 6 regional centres namely: Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry, Guntur, Nellore, Ananthapur and Tirupati.
Exam centre assigned to each candidate is published in his/her hall tickets. Candidates must go to that exam centre only which has been assigned.
APSET 2020 Hall Ticket
All candidates who apply for exam on time are issued the admit card / hall ticket by AU. It is an essential document to appear in exam. Key aspects of admit card / hall ticket for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test are as follows.
- Andhra University releases APSET hall ticket 2020 around one week before exam.
- Admit card / hall ticket is released in online mode at official website only.
- Candidates have to login with application number, password, and security key in order to download it.
- After downloading it, one has to print it to take it to exam center.
How to download admit card?
- Go to apset.net.in.
- Click on hall ticket download link, which you can see only when hall ticket is available.
- Enter application number, password, security key.
- Login and download the admit card.
APSET 2020 Answer Key
Correct answers to all questions asked in the exam are published in the official answer key of AP SET 2020. Candidates can know all about answer keys of the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test from here.
- APSET 2020 answer keys are published a few days after exam at the official website.
- They are published for all sets (A, B, C, D) of paper 1, and for all subjects.
- When the answer key is released for first time, candidates can submit grievances. That is they can point out if there is any incorrect answer.
- Then updated or revised answers are published.
- Marks are calculated on the basis of the final updated answer key.
APSET 2020 Results
After the exam, and checking of papers, results of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 are announced. Candidates get to know their scores as well as qualifying status through it. Important things to know about the result are as follows.
- APSET 2020 result is published in the form of list of qualified candidates as well as through login.
- List of qualified candidates shows roll numbers of all candidates who have qualified by obtaining a cut off score.
- By log in, candidates can check exactly marks they have obtained in the exam.
How to download APSET 2020 score?
- Go to apset.net.in.
- Click on link for result, when result is available.
- Enter hall ticket number, date of birth, security key.
- Login and check your score.
APSET 2020 Cut Off
Minimum marks required to qualify APSET is known as cut off. There is no pre-fixed cut off for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test. Instead, cut off is determined at the time of result depending upon various factors like difficulty level of exam, number of candidates, and so on. APSET 2020 cut off is available with the result.
APSET 2020 Certificate Verification
Once the result is announced, qualified candidates need to attend certificate verification. Prior to this, candidates need not submit their documents during online application form filling.
Documents to submit in verification
- Class 10 certificate
- PG pass certificate / Certificate from head of institution if pursuing PG
- PG marks statement of all semesters
- Caste certificate or EWS certificate
- PWD certificate
- Filled in proforma
- A passport size photograph
- Address slip
2nd Floor, Online Counseling Center,
Opp. Platinum Jubilee Guest House,
Visakhapatnam – 530 003
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0891-2730148 / 2730147
APSET Previous Year Notification
APSET 2020 FAQ’s
Ques 1: Who can apply for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test?
Ans: Candidates who have PG / Masters degree with 55% marks (50% for SC, ST, BC, PWD) can apply for APSET.
Ques 2: How many marks would qualify to the APSET 2020 examination?
Ans: Applicants in the general category must obtain at least 40 percent marks, while the reserved category must obtain 35 percent marks or more to be considered qualified in accordance with the APSET result 2020.
Ques 3: What is the benefit of qualifying APSET?
Ans: If candidates qualify APSET exam, then they become eligible to apply for Assistant Professor or Lecturer.
If you have any queries regarding APSET 2020, then please ask in the comments below.