APSET 2021 – The Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is conducted by the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam to determine eligibility for Lectureship and Assistant Professor. AP SET 2021 Official Notification is expected to release on the website apset.net.in as per schedule. The second phase Certificate Verification dates of the previous APSET exam have been cancelled. Based on the previous year notification, the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) have 2 papers where Paper I is common for all candidates and Paper II is subject-specific. Candidates having a Master’s degree in relevant subjects along with the minimum requisite percentage are eligible for the APSET 2021 exam. Get here the complete details of APSET 2021 including important dates, online application form, eligibility, question papers, syllabus, exam pattern.
Latest: APSET 2021 Notification is expected to release on apset.net.in as per schedule.
APSET 2021 is the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test which must be cleared by aspirants looking forward to apply for recruitment as a Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of the state. The exam is held once a year by Andhra University on behalf of the state government. Candidates can check out the complete schedule of APSET 2021 including expected dates in the table below.
|AP SET 2021||Expected Date|
|Release AP SET 2021 notification||Aug 2021|
|Online application form submission starts||Aug 2021|
|Last date to apply without a late fee||Sep 2021|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 1000||Sep 2021|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 2000||Oct 2021|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 5000 + |
(Examination centre at Visakhapatnam only)
|Issuance of hall tickets||Nov 2021|
|AP SET 2021 exam date||1st week of Dec 2021|
|Availability of answer keys||Dec 2021|
|Availability of final answer keys||Jan 2022|
|Declaration of results||Feb 2022|
|Certificate Verification||To be announced|
|Phase 2 Certificate Verification||To be announced|
Overview of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET)
|Name of the Examination||Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh|
|Last conducted in||2020|
|Posts Details||Assistant Professors and Lecturers|
|Mode of the examination||Online Examination|
|Duration of the examination||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+2 mark for correct marks and 0 marks for incorrect answers|
|Total Subjects||There are total of 30 subjects in AP SET|
APSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for the exam can apply and appear in the APSET exam. It is the responsibility of the test taker to ensure that they are eligible for the exam before applying. The eligibility of candidates is verified at the final stage of certificate verification after the release of the APSET result. Candidates can check out the APSET 2021 eligibility criteria as per the previous year information below.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for APSET.
- Candidates must have completed Masters degree with at least 55% marks without rounding off.
- For candidates belonging to BC/SC/ST/PWD category, the minimun marks is 50% marks.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam of their Masters degree program are also eligible to appear in APSET 2021 Howeversuch candidates must complete their Masters degreewith requisite marks within two years of the date of the SET result.
- Ph.D. degree holders who completed PG by 19 Sep 1991 are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Those who have a PG degree/diploma from an Indian university or institute, or foreign degree/diploma/certificate by foreign university or institute, should check the equivalence of their certificate with a Masters’s degree in recognized Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates who have previously qualified UGC NET or APSET cannot apply in same subject in which they had qualified.
APSET 2021 Application Form
Based on the previous year exam trends, candidates aspiring for the APSET exam have to fill up and submit the online application form along with the payment of the application fee by the last date. Complete details of the application process are released by Andhra University on the official website in due course of time. Candidates can check out the procedure below as per the previous year notification.
How to apply for APSET 2021?
- Open the website apset.net.in using any compatible internet browser.
- Check for APSET apply online link and click on it.
- Fill all details asked in the form including personal, exam choices related, educational qualifications, communication details.
- Ensure that all data is correct.
- Upload images such as photographs, signature, caste/disability certificate.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the form after checking all details are correct.
Based on previous year records, Andhra University has increased the application fee for AP SET by Rs 200. Candidates can refer to the fee details below as per the previous year notification.
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|SC / ST / PWD||700|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee online using a Credit/Debit card or internet banking at the online payment gateway.
Note: Although the application fee is different for different categories, the late fee is the same for all categories.
APSET 2021 Exam Pattern
Based on previous year trends, there are two papers in the APSET exam where Paper I is common for all candidates while Paper II is subject-specific. Both papers contain only MCQ type questions. Candidates can read about the complete details of the APSET exam pattern 2021 in this section below (as per the previous year notification).
|Exam Mode||Online (CBTs)|
|Language||Paper I – English & Telugu|
Paper II – English/English & Telugu/Language papers in the same language
|Duration||Paper I – 1 Hour|
Paper II – 2 Hours
|Sections||Paper I & Paper II|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||02 marks for each correct answer.|
No negative marking.
APSET 2021 Distribution of Questions
|Paper||Subject||No. of Qs||Marks|
|I||Common for all||50||100|
The language of question papers is as follows
- Paper I is in English and Telugu
- Paper II contains
- Bilingual for commerce, education, public administration, history, economics, political science, and sociology
- In English only for all other subjects
APSET 2021 Syllabus
The subject-wise syllabus is specified by Andhra University for the APSET 2021 exam. Besides, the AU also specifies the syllabus of the common Paper I which must be taken by all candidates irrespective of their preferred subject. Based on the previous year exam, the level of exam is as expected from PG degree holders of that subject.
AU publishes AP SET 2021 syllabus along with the release of the official notification. We will update the syllabus as soon as the latest documents are released by Andhra University. Candidates can click on the links below to check the APSET 2021 syllabus as per the previous year exam.
APSET 2021 Hall Ticket
All candidates who apply for the exam on time are issued the APSET admit card by Andhra University. It is an essential document to appear in the exam and the admit card must be carried to the exam centre as a printed hard copy. Key aspects of the admit card/hall ticket for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test are as follows.
- Andhra University releases APSET hall ticket 2021 around one week before exam.
- Admit card/hall ticket is released in online mode at official website only.
- Candidates have to login with application number, password, and security key in order to download it.
- After downloading it, one has to print it to take it to exam center.
How to download APSET 2021 admit card?
- Go to apset.net.in.
- Click on hall ticket download link, which you can see only when hall ticket is available.
- Enter application number, password, security key.
- Login and download the admit card.
Important Preparation Tips for APSET 20211
Some of the basic tips and tricks that the candidates can follow for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2021 if they wish to do well and excel in the exam are described below:
#1: Candidates must plan an AP SET 2021 study timetable. A fixed timetable can allow them to devote their time to study the various topics and sections.
#2: It is best to solve Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test previous year’s question papers while preparing for the examination. It is the best way of revising the pre-learned topics.
#3: The candidates should get all the topics contained in the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2021 syllabus. Knowing the entire syllabus helps the applicants plan and prepare accordingly.
#4: Candidates must be aware of APSET’s exam pattern and marking scheme. Knowing about the marking scheme would help them know the importance of different topics. Likewise, knowledge of the exam pattern is important to give the candidates a framework to be aware of the question paper’s structure.
#5: Candidates must list down the important topics or take notes when preparing for the various sections of the APSET syllabus. During the time of the revision, these essential metrics can be of enormous help.
APSET 2021 Exam Centres
The exam centre assigned to each candidate is indicated in their hall tickets. Candidates must go to that exam centre only which has been assigned. Based on the previous year exam, the Andhra University conducts AP SET 2021 at exam centres in 8 regional centres as below.
APSET Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can prepare for AP SET 2021 using the previous year question papers. This strategy works since actual papers of the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test are the best way to understand exam level, types of questions, and also work upon speed and accuracy. One can either go for solved papers of AP SET available in book form in the market, or download question papers and answer keys of the exam available year wise online.
Check out some of the ways to utilize previous year papers for the APSET exam.
- Refer to the question papers to get an idea of the overall level of difficulty of the APSET exam.
- Check out the high marks yielding topics in both Paper I and Paper 2 using APSET past year question papers.
- Solve past year question papers for practice & revision.
- Understand the type & nature of questions asked in the exam.
- Cover preparations for typical questions that are commonly repeated in the exam over the year.
The list of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test subjects can be checked below as per the previous year exam. Candidates have to select one of the 30 subjects from the list to appear for in the exam in the second paper. The syllabus, cut off etc. for each subject is different.
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Environmental Science
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Physical Sciences
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Visual Arts
APSET 2021 Answer Key
Correct answers to all questions asked in the exam are published in the official answer key of AP SET 2021. The Andhra University releases the official answer key on apset.net.in as per schedule after the exam.
- APSET 2021 answer keys are published a few days after exam at the official website.
- They are published for all sets (A, B, C, D) of Paper 1, and for all subjects.
- When the answer key is released for first time, candidates can submit grievances. That is they can point out if there is any incorrect answer.
- Then updated or revised answers are published.
- Marks are calculated on the basis of the final updated answer key.
APSET 2021 Results
After the exam, and checking of papers, results of the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2021 are announced. Candidates can know their scores as well as qualifying status through the APSET result on the official website apset.net.in. Important things to know about the result are as follows.
- APSET 2021 result is published in the form of list of qualified candidates as well as through login.
- List of qualified candidates shows roll numbers of all candidates who have qualified by obtaining a cut off score.
- By log in, candidates can check exactly marks they have obtained in the exam.
How to check APSET 2021 score?
- Go to apset.net.in.
- Click on link for result, when result is available.
- Enter hall ticket number, date of birth, security key.
- Login and check your score.
APSET Cut Off
Minimum marks required to qualify APSET is known as cut off. There is no pre-fixed cut off for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test. Instead, cut off is determined at the time of result depending upon various factors like difficulty level of exam, number of candidates, and so on. APSET 2021 cut off is available with the result.
APSET Certificate Verification
Once the result is announced, qualified candidates need to attend certificate verification. Prior to this, candidates need not submit their documents during online application form filling.
Documents to submit in verification
- Class 10 certificate
- PG pass certificate / Certificate from head of institution if pursuing PG
- PG marks statement of all semesters
- Caste certificate or EWS certificate
- PWD certificate
- Filled in proforma
- A passport size photograph
- Address slip
Click here to check 2nd phase Certificate verification for the last year APSET qualified candidates.
The second phase APSET-2020 Certificate verification to be held at Visakhapatnam from 27th to 29th April 2021 is cancelled due to representations from several candidates.
The candidates who could not attend for the first phase certificate verification of APSET-2020 may send the scanned attested copies of the Certificates to the Member Secretary, APSET at the email [email protected] by 10th May 2021
APSET Contact Details
2nd Floor, Online Counseling Center,
Opp. Platinum Jubilee Guest House,
Visakhapatnam – 530 003
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0891-2730148 / 2730147
About Andhra University
The Andhra University was established in 1926 as an affiliating University offering residential degree programs. Sir C.R. Reddy was the founder Vice-Chancellor of the Andhra University while former Indian President Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was also chaired the institution as the second Vice-Chancellor. In 2016, Andhra University was accredited with an A+ grade by the NAAC with a CGPA of 3.6 on a 4 point scale.
Andhra University is known to offer innovative degree programs in streams like Business Management, Quantitative Economics, Criminal Justice, Meteorology & Oceanography, Nuclear Physics and others. It is also renowned for offering offbeat programs such as Plant Cytogenetics and Parasitology. among others
APSET 2021 FAQ’s
Ques 1: Who can apply for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test?
Ques 2: How many marks would qualify to the APSET 2020 examination?
Ques 3: What is the benefit of qualifying APSET?
If you have any queries regarding APSET 2021, then please ask in the comments below.