CTET Paper-I is for the candidates who aspire to become a teacher of class I to V. A few lakhs candidates apply every year for CTET but only the better among the best quality. As such, it is important to prepare well to secure above-average marks. One must not ignore the basics such as getting accustomed to the paper. Knowledge of the CTET exam pattern can help candidates build a better understanding of the papers and the approach required to solve them. Besides, one must plan well and adopt a holistic approach to score well in the exam for paper-1. Considering you came here to look for guidance on how to go forward with CTET preparations for Paper-1, we strongly suggest readers go through the important tricks presented here to ace the exam for Paper-1.
How to prepare for CTET Paper 1
CTET Paper-I consists of the subjects of Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies. Candidates should start the preparation according to the subjects and topics indicated in the CTET Syllabus. Consider the following preparation tips to increase the scores above-average marks in CTET Paper 1:
For Child Development and Pedagogy: The important topics included in this subject are Theories of Intelligence, Theories of Child Development, Learning theories, Intelligence theories, Assessment & Evaluation, and Concepts of Psychology. Some basic tips for the preparation are given below:
- The section contains 30 questions and maximum questions are asked from Child Development (Primary School Child). So it is very important to prioritize preparations for this topic first.
- 10 questions are asked from Learning and Pedagogy. These questions are related to the ideology and principle of thinkers under the child development section.
- Learn about the fundamentals of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs.
- Distribute time for all the topics and cover the topics accordingly.
For Language I: The preparation tips for Language-I are given below:
- Start reading unseen passages. It can help candidates to improve comprehension skills much needed in the exam.
- The proficiency of the language is checked in this subject. So try to improve proficiency in all aspects.
- Two unseen passages are asked. One is prose and the other is drama. Prose questions can be asked in reference to Literature, Science, Narration.
- Try to improve vocabulary, sentence structuring, and writing abilities by reading books, newspapers, etc.
- Upgrade basic grammar. Refer to standard grammar books to rectify common mistakes.
For Language II: The preparation tips for Language-II is given below:
- Do as much practice as one can to get the excellence in Grammar of language-II.
- The questions are similar to the Language-I pattern. So one can also refer to the tips given for Language-I.
- Improve comprehension and writing abilities.
- Try to enhance vocabulary by widening the scope of reading.
For Mathematics: For this subject, the tips are given below:
- Prepare from NCERT books referenced by CBSE.
- Engage in solving mock tests. It will help to improve consistency and time management skills.
- Try to clear basic knowledge and understanding of pedagogy topics.
- If it is difficult to learn something, then at least try to have sound knowledge of that topic.
- There will be no negative marking. Candidates are advised to attempt all the questions.
For Environmental Studies: The tips for this subject is given below:
- Cover the Geography syllabus of Class I to VIII.
- Pedagogical Issues cover 15 marks. So try to practice with CTET previous year question paper and improve the number of good attempts.
- Improve General Awareness by reading newspapers and books.
- Give online tests regarding Environmental Studies.
Recommended Books for CTET
Candidates can check the most popular and recommended books for CTET from below table. Those who are preparing for CTET Paper 2 and Paper 1 both can also refer to these books for preparation.
|CTET & TETs Child Development |
& Pedagogy (Paper I & II)
|English Language & Pedagogy f|
or CTET & tets paper I & II
|A Complete Resource for CTET: |
Mathematics and Pedagogy
|Haneet Gandhi||Buy Now|
|CTET & TETs Environmental Studies |
& Pedagogy Class I-V
|Arihant Experts||Buy Now|
|Wiley’s Environmental Studies (EVS), |
Exam Goalpost, for CTET and TETs
|DT Editorial Services||Buy Now|
Official website: ctet.nic.in
The exam for CTET is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year. Aspirants can apply for CTET to be eligible as a teacher for primary and secondary classes. Those who have a graduation degree with B.Ed can apply for the CTET exam. Moreover, NCTE has extended the validity period for the CTET certificate. Now, the CTET certificate will be valid for a period of a lifetime.