CTET 2018 Paper-I is for the candidates who want to teach the students of class I to V. Last time CTET was held in the year 2016. Now it will be conducted in either the last week of May or in the first week of June 2018. As you know that it had not been conducted in 2017, so this year lakhs of candidates will appear for CTET. This time it will be very tough to crack CTET. So it is very important to do a better preparation for this exam. It will help you to score well. Many candidates get confused regarding the preparation of CTET. They do not know the right way to prepare for CTET. you can check some preparation tips given on this page.
How to prepare for CTET 2018 Paper 1
Paper-I will consist of the subjects such as Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies. The candidates should start the preparation according to the subjects and topics being asked in CTET. The preparation tips to score well in CTET 2018 Paper 1 is given subject wise:
For Child Development and Pedagogy: The important topics for this subject will be Theories of Intelligence, Theories of Child Development, Learning theories, Intelligence theories, Assessment & Evaluation and Concepts of Psychology. Some basic tips for the preparation are given below:
- It will contain 30 questions. Maximum questions will be asked from Child Development (Primary School Child). So it is very important to prepare this topic first.
- 10 question will be asked from Learning and Pedagogy. The questions will be related to the ideology and principle of thinkers under the child development section.
- Learn about the Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs.
- Distribute your time for all the topics and cover the topics accordingly.
For Language I: The tips for Language-I is given below:
- Start Reading unseen passages. It will help you to correct your Grammar.
- The proficiency of Language will be checked in this subject. So try to improve your proficiency.
- Two unseen passages will be asked. One is prose and the other is drama. Prose question can be asked in the reference to Literature, Science, Narration.
- Try to improve your verbal ability by reading books, newspapers etc.
- Upgrade your basic Grammar.
For Language II: The tips for Language-II is given below:
- Do as much practice as you can to get the excellence in Grammar.
- The questions will be similar to the Language-I pattern. So refer the tips given for Language-I.
- Improve your Grammar.
- Try to enhance your Verbal Ability.
For Mathematics: For this subject, the tips are given below:
- Do the preparation from NCERT books referenced by CBSE.
- Give the mock tests. It will help you to improve your consistency.
- Try to gain knowledge and understanding of the questions regarding the pedagogy.
- If it is difficult to learn something, then at least try to have sound knowledge of that topic.
- There will be no negative marking. You are advised to attempt all the questions.
For Environmental Studies: The tips for this subject is given below:
- Cover the Geography syllabus of Class I to VIII.
- Pedagogical Issues will cover 15 marks. So try to practice those.
- Improve your General Awareness by reading the newspapers and books.
- Give online tests regarding Environmental Studies.
Recommended Books for CTET 2018
You can check the most popular and most recommended books for CTET 2018 from below table:
|CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II)||Buy Now|
|English Language & Pedagogy for CTET & tets paper I & II||Arihant||Buy Now|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy||Haneet Gandhi||Buy Now|
|CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy Class I-V||Arihant Experts||Buy Now|
|Wiley’s Environmental Studies (EVS), Exam Goalpost, for CTET and TETs||DT Editorial Services||Buy Now|
Official website: ctet.nic.in