|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
|Bennett University MBA Admission 2018||Enquire Now!|
|MAT 2017 (December)||Get All Details Here|
Kerala SET February 2018 will be conducted on February 25, 2018. Kerala State Eligibility Test (SET) is a state level recruitment test. It is conducted to recruit eligible candidates as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE. Candidates who wish to appear in this test need to register themselves for the exam. The application forms for SET 2018 is available in both online and offline modes. The offline application forms will be available from December 6, 2017 candidates can purchase the application forms until December 30, 2017. The last date of receipt of the offline application form is January 1, 2018 until 5 pm. The online registration starts from December 7, 2017 till 5 pm on December 30, 2017. Qualifying the Kerala SET 2018 is stipulated as a mandatory requirement for appointment as Higher Secondary School Teachers in the State as per the Special Rules in force. Candidates are requested to go through the Kerala SET February 2018 information below carefully to get themselves acquainted with the rules and regulations.
LBS Kerala SET February 2018
The table below comprises of all the important events and their schedule for Kerala SET February 2018. Please refer to the table below to track all the important events for the test.
|Commencement of distribution of Application Forms||06 Dec 2017|
|Starting of Online Registration||07 Dec 2017|
|Closing of distribution of Application Forms||30 Dec 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration||30 Dec 2017|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in Applications||01 Jan 2018|
|Issue of Online Hall Tickets||15 Feb 2018|
|Date of Test||25 Feb 2018|
|Publishing of Answer Keys on the Website||28 Feb 2018|
It is advised that the candidates ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the official authority before they fill their registration forms. Hence they should read the prospectus carefully before they register themselves. We have listed a few criteria below for your reference.
- Those who have acquired Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline from any one of the universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other university recognized as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply for the SET Feb -2018 with certain exceptions as mentioned in the following paragraphs.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the NCERT is eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- For the subjects Anthropology, Commerce, Gandhian Studies, Geology, Home Science,
Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology and Statistics,
candidates need not acquire B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test.
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English.
- Candidates who have acquired B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in Kerala.
- Candidates who have acquired their qualification through Correspondence Courses/ Open Universities which are not recognized by any one of the Universities in Kerala are not eligible to appear for the SET. Candidates who have acquired their qualifications through recognized correspondence courses/Open universities should obtain and furnish certificates of recognition and equivalency from any one of the Universities in Kerala.
- Candidates who have acquired their Master’s Degree with the minimum required marks for eligibility to appear for SET and are undergoing the final year courses for B.Ed Degree are eligible to appear for the test. Similarly, candidates who have acquired their B.Ed Degree and are undergoing the final year courses of their Post Graduate Programme are also eligible to appear for the test. Such candidates must produce the Certificates of their qualifying examinations passed with the minimum required marks within one year from the date of publication of the results of the test, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Application Form LBS Kerala SET February 2018
Candidates can apply for LBS Kerala SET February 2018 online by visiting the official website. The fees for the application form is mentioned in the table below. Please refer to the table to get an idea about the fees for different categories of the candidate.
|Candidates residing in the state of Kerala|
|SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates||Rs. 375|
|Outside of Kerala|
|SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates||Rs. 425|
Procedure To Fill the online application
To make the online registration hassle-free for the candidates, we have listed the stepwise process to register for the exam. Candidates should follow the steps mentioned below to register online.
- Log on to the site www.lbscentre.org or www.lbskerala.com.
- Click SET-Feb-2018.
- Click ONLINE REGISTRATION.
- The candidate will be prompted to type the Application Number and the Site Access Key. The Application Number and Site Access Key should be typed without error. Then the candidate will be prompted to upload the photograph.
- Click UPLOAD PHOTO.
- After successful uploading of the photo the application form will be displayed.
- Fill in the application form carefully without mistakes.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Click the PRINT Button to take the printout of the submitted application with the Registration ID.
- Take a photocopy of the Printout and keep it for future reference.
Mode of Sending the Application
After completion of Step 1, the printout of the online application shall be signed by the candidate and sent to the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Extra Police Road, Nandavanam, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram-695033 by registered post or can be handed over in person at the LBS Centre Headquarters (address given above) so as to reach his office on or before the last date fixed for submission of applications.
Admit Card For LBS Kerala February 2018
The admit card for the SET shall be prepared for all the candidates who will successfully register themselves. It will and will be available on the websites of the LBS Centre www.lbscentre.org or www.lbskerala.com from the date which will be announced later in leading dailies and in the official websites of the LBS Centre. Candidates are advised to visit the websites and keep a constant watch on the leading print and electronic media, pertaining to notifications/instructions regarding SET.
List Of Subjects For LBS Kerala February 2018
You can refer to the list of subjects mentioned below to select the subject you want to appear for in the test
List: Anthropology, Arabic, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, English, French, Gandhian Studies, Geography, Geology, German, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic History, Journalism, Kannada, Latin, Malayalam, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Russian, Sanskrit, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics, Syriac, Tamil, Urdu, Zoology.
Exam Scheme For LBS Kerala February 2018
The exam will comprise of two papers. The duration of the Test shall be 120 minutes for each paper. The questions of both the papers shall be objective in nature. For each correct response the candidates will be awarded 1 mark in both the Papers except for Mathematics and Statistics for which each correct response will be awarded 1.5 marks. No negative marking. Detailed mark distribution for each paper is given below.
Paper I: There shall be 120 questions for Paper I with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B. Each question shall carry one mark.
Paper II: There shall be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics. For Mathematics and Statistics there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
Requirement for Pass
The minimum requirement for a pass in the State Eligibility Test shall be as follows:
|Minimum Percentage of Marks|
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Total|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||35||35||45|
Declaration of results For LBS Kerala February 2018
The details of marks and the eligibility status secured by the candidates appeared for SET February – 2018 will be published in the websites of the LBS Centre. Those who are eligible to be declared as successful shall have to produce the required documents for verification and issue of certificates.
Candidates can check the official prospectus here – Download Here