Kerala SET 2020 (Feb)– The exam date of Kerala SET 2020 to be conducted on March 29, 2020 has been postponed due to the situations related to COVID19 threat. The new exam dates for Keraka SET 2020 will be announced later at the official website. LBS Centre for Science and Technology is conducting the State Eligibility Test 2020. State Eligibility Test is a state level eligibilty test. On the basis of this exam, eligible candidates are shortlisted for higher secondary school teachers and non-vocational teachers in VHSE. Get here complete details of Kerala SET 2020 (LBS) at Aglasem.com, including application form, admit card, syllabus, answer lkey, result.
Latest: Kerala SET 2020 (Feb) exam has been postponed check details from below.
Kerala SET 2020
LBC Centre for Science and Technology is responsible for releasing Kerala SET application form, admit card, answer keys and result at lbscentre.kerala.gov.in . The schedule as per which all events are to take place for the Kerala State Eligibility Test are as follows:
|Online Registration Starting||28 Dec 2019|
|Online Registration Closing||10 Jan 2020|
|Online Payment of Registered Candidate||Upto 12 Jan 2020|
|Online Admission Ticket||19 March 2020|
|Date of Test|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
Kerala SET 2020 Exam Postponed
LBS Centre for Science and Technology has postponed the exam date of Kerala SET 2020 due to outspread of Pandemic disease COVID -19. The new exam dates for the same will be intimated later on the official website, check details from below.
What is Kerala SET 2020?
Kerala State eligibility test is conducted to improve the teaching standard of higher secondary course. The government of kerala has given LBS centre for Science and Technology to organize Kerala SET. After qualifying Kerala SET, candidates are awarded with a pass certificate. This pass certificate is mandatory for the selection as higher secondary school teachers. With the SET certificate, eligible candidates can apply for non-vocational teachers in Vocational Higher Secondary Education as well.
LBS Kerala SET 2020 Exam Pattern
LBS Kerala SET comprises of two papers that are conducted in pen and paper mode. In LBS Kerala SET, there is no negative marking. The detailed exam pattern is given below.
|Mode of examination||Written exam|
|Number of question||120 questions (60 questions in each part)|
|Maximum Marks||120 marks|
|Types of questions||Objective questions|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer|
|Mode of examination||Written exam|
|Number of question||120 questions. There are 80 questions for mathematics and statistics.|
|Types of questions||Objective questions|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for a correct answer except for mathematics and statistics (1.5 marks)|
Subjects for Paper-II:
|Russian||General paper -I|
Click here to get Kerala SET 2020 (LBS) Syllabus.
Kerala SET 2020 Admit Card
LBS centre for science and technology releases the admit card for the SET. Candidates have to visit the website of LCS centre, lbscentre.kerala.in for downloading admit card. To download the admit card candidates need to enter Registration ID and site access key. On the day of the examination, it is mandatory for all the candidates to carry a hard copy of the admit card and one valid Id proof. Information provided in the admit card are as follows:
- Exam centre
- District opted for test.
- Subject for the test
Kerala SET Test Centers
The candidates have the choice to choose the test centers of their choice. Candidates must note that change of district centre once selected is allowed under any circumstances.
Test Center Allotment
The venue is allotted by the Director, LBS Centre for Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram which is intimated to the candidates through the admit card.
Kerala SET 2020 Application Form
The Kerala SET application form is available online and candidates can apply through the official website (lbscentre.kerala.gov.in). The candidates need to register first using their mobile number. There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form.
How to Apply?
To register, candidates must visit the official website, lbscentre.in. It is important to have a valid mobile number through which one time password is sent to candidates. Fill in the required details and submit registration form after which registration ID is displayed. Upload photograph and pay the application fee online. Take a print out of the filled application form.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make the payment of application fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking.
Image Specification –
- Pixels – 200 pixel (height) X 150 pixel (width)
- Size – Maximum size should be 30 KB
- Format – jpg format
Kerala SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There is no age limit to apply for Kerala SET. The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below.
- Candidates with Master’s Degree with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline are eligible to apply.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology – Candidates having MSc.Ed Degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science with minimum 50% marks from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- For the subjects French, German, Commerce, Home Science, Geology, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, statistics, and Syriac candidates does not need B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test.
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with a minimum of 50% marks and BEd. can apply for SET in English.
- Candidates with DLEd degree/LTTC in Arabic, Hindi and Urdu but do not have B.Ed degree are also eligible.
- Those who have master’s in biotechnology with a minimum of 50% marks and B.Ed in natural science are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are not required to submit equivalency certificate.
- Candidates who have acquired their qualification through non-recognized open or correspondence university are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have acquired their qualification through recognized open or correspondence university should present equivalency certificate from any on the Universities of Kerala.
- Those candidates who have master’s degree with minimum marks required and in the final year of the B.Ed degree course are also eligible.
- Those candidates who are in final year of PG programme and have B.Ed degree are eligible to apply. Such applicants have to produce qualifying examination certificate within one year from the issuance of result.
LBS Kerala SET 2020 Answer Key
The Kerala SET answer keys of all subjects releases on the official website (lbscentre.kerala.gov.in) of the LBS Centre. Candidates can download the answer key soon after the exam commencement. The window to raise objections is open for 5 days after the publication of answer key. To mark a complain, candidates need to produce a demand draft of Rs 300 for each question challenged. If the complaint is found true after reviewing from experts, then the fee for complaint is refunded and that question is put out for evaluation.
Kerala 2020 Results
The details of marks and the eligibility status secured by the candidates appeared for SET – 2020 publishes on the website of LBS Centre, lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. The candidates who enrolled themselves for the exam are able to check the result. The qualifiers are awarded by the eligibility certificate. The result is published online and the candidates can check the result by entering their roll number.
Candidates who apply for SET certificate have to produce certificates within a period of one year from the declaration of result. After an year, candidates have to pay late fees of Rs.500 and an additional Rs.250 for each subsequent year passing.
Selection Procedure for LBS Kerala SET 2020
The candidates eligible to give the exam are issued admit card and the exam is conducted as per the schedule. The candidates with PG in specific subjects can take the exam as per that subject (Paper-II). After the exam answer key will be released by the LBS. The result will be formulated on the basis of the published answer key.
Requirement for Pass
|Minimum Percentage of Marks|
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Total|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||35||35||45|
The candidates whose status is marked as pass in the result are called for document verification process. It is a mandatory process and the candidates are required to produce original documents for the verfication of eligibility.
List of Documents to be Sent
- Filled in SET 2020 application form downloaded from the official website
- Following documents must be signed by Gazetted officer
- Provisional/Original Certificate and Marklist/Grade Sheet of PG Degree
- Provisional/Original Certificate of B.Ed Degree
- Equivalency and recognition certificate from any one of the Universities in Kerala, if applicable.
- If candidates possess qualification other than mentioned, he/she have to produce equivalency certificate from any one university in Kerala.
- Original Caste/Category certificate (valid during the online registration of SET-Feb-2020) of the candidate who are eligible for a relaxation of minimum marks for a pass.
Where to send these documents?
Candidates have to send the application form (printed) along with the copies of the documents for verification to the Director, LBS Centre, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidates need to produce their qualifying certificates within a period of one year from the date of publication of the Kerala SET result. Along with certificates, candidates have to carry application for SET certification for inclusion of applicant’s name in the list of selected candidates.
Issue of Duplicate Certificates
If the certificate once issued is misplaced or lost, a duplicate certificate is issued to the candidate. To get a duplicate certificate, candidates have to apply with the payment of the fee of Rs 1000. Attach the following documents with the request for the issue of Duplicate Certificate.
- A Demand Draft for Rs 1000 (Rupees one thousand only) drawn from a Nationalised Bank in favour of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- An affidavit in stamp paper of Rs 100 to the effect that the SET Certificate issued to the candidate has been lost. With this send duly attested by a Notary Public/First Class Judicial Magistrate and other relevant certificates.
Official website: lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
For more information on LBS Kerala SET 2020, download detailed notification.
Kerala SET 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : There is no way to edit the application form after the final submission. The candidates are advised to verify their information (Especially District opted for the test, Subject appearing for the test and reservation category) before the final submit.
Ans : No there is no option for revaluation or rechecking of the answer scripts or recounting of the marks scored. The OMR answer sheet is checked by fully computerized system so the valuation will be error-free.
Ans : Percentage of marks is calculated as (marks scored by candidate divided by maximum marks) multiplied by 100.
Ans : Candidates can apply at lbscentre.kerala.gov.in.