LBS Kerala SET 2019 (July) – The answer key is available online at lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. The LBS Kerala SET 2019 was held on September 29, 2019. State Eligibility Test is conducted to select candidates as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE. Pass in SET is mandatory for appointment as per the rules. The exam is a offline exam and answer key will be released after the conduction. The result will be declared and eligibility status secured will be mentioned in it. For more information on LBS Kerala SET 2019 (July) and exam pattern, syllabus, etc check this page.
Latest: Answer key for LBS Kerala SET 2019 is now available. Download Here!
LBS Kerala SET 2019
There will be 120 questions in both the paper I and paper II each. For paper II candidates can choose form among 31 subjects in which he/she possess specialisation at PG level. Please refer to the table below to track all the important events for the test.
|Online Registration Starting||10 Jul 2019|
|Online Registration Closing||27 Jul 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Online Payment of Registered Candidate||30 Jul 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Online Admission Ticket||18 Sep 2019|
|Date of Test||29 Sep 2019|
|Answer Key||01 Oct 2019|
|Result||To be announced|
LBS Kerala SET Answer Key
The answer keys of all subjects has been published in the official website (lbscentre.kerala.gov.in) of the LBS Centre. Candidates can download the answer key as soon as the exam is conducted. Five day window will be provided to complaints regarding the answer key (if any). To mark a complain the candidates need to produce a Demand Draft of Rs 300 for each question challenged by the candidate. If the complaint is found true after reviewing from experts, then the fee for complaint will be refunded and that question will be put out from evaluation.
LBS Kerala SET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for the SET has been released for all the candidates who have successfully register themselves on time. It is available on the websites of the LBS Centre (lbscentre.kerala.gov.in). To download the admit card candidates need to enter Registration ID and Date of Birth. On the day of the examination, it is mandatory for all the candidates to carry a hard copy of the admit card and one valid Id proof.
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. There is no age limit to apply for this post. The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below.
- Candidates with Master’s Degree with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline from any universities in Kerala or from any other university recognized as equivalent are eligible to apply.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the NCERT are eligible to apply.
- For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- For the subjects Anthropology, Commerce, Gandhian Studies, Geology, Home Science,Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology and Statistics, candidates does not need B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test.
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English.
- Candidates who have acquired B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate.
- Candidates who have acquired their qualification through Correspondence Courses/ Open Universities which are not recognized by any one of the Universities in Kerala are not eligible to appear for the SET.
- Candidates who have acquired their qualifications through recognized correspondence courses/Open universities should obtain and furnish certificates of recognition and equivalency from any one of the Universities in Kerala.
- Candidates who have acquired their Master’s Degree with the minimum required marks for eligibility to appear for SET and are undergoing the final year courses for B.Ed Degree are eligible to appear for the test.
- Similarly, candidates with B.Ed Degree and are undergoing the final year courses of their Post Graduate Programme are also eligible to appear for the test. Such candidates must produce the Certificates of their qualifying examinations passed with the minimum required marks within one year from the date of publication of the results of the test.
LBS Kerala SET 2019 Application Form
The application form was online and candidates were able to apply through the official website (lbscentre.kerala.gov.in). The application process is over now!.The candidates need to register first using mobile number. It is essential to have a unique mobile number to apply. There was no need to sent the hard copy of the application form.
How to Apply?
- Filling Online Application Form
- Uploading Photo
- Online Payment of Fee
- Print Application
Mode of Payment: Candidates were able to make the payment of application fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking.
The exam will comprise of two papers. It will be conducted in pen and paper mode. The answers need to be marked in the OMR sheet. The detailed exam pattern is given below.
- Number of Papers: 2.
- Duration of the test: 2 Hours.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response the candidates will be awarded 1 mark in both the Papers except for Mathematics and Statistics for which each correct response will be awarded 1.5 marks
Paper I – Paper I consists of the following subjects.
- General Knowledge
- Aptitude in Teaching.
There will be 120 questions for Paper I with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B. Each question will carry one mark.
Paper II – In this paper the questions from the subject of specialisation of the candidate at the Post Graduate (PG) Level will be asked. There will be 31 subjects for Paper II which are given in table below.
There will be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics. For Mathematics and Statistics, there will be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
LBS Kerala SET Syllabus
For LBS Kerala SET 2019 candidates with PG in one among 31 subjects are eligible to appear. The paper II consists of the topics form that subject only. The syllabus has been released and the Unit Wise topics has been given.
- To check syllabus of subjects other than Biotechnology Click Here.
- To check syllabus of Biotechnology Click Here.
LBS Kerala SET Test Centers
The candidates were given the choice to choose the test centers of their choice. There will be Test Centres at all the District Head Quarters in the State. A candidate were able to select a District Head Quarter as Test Centre. Candidates must note that change of District Centre once selected will not be allowed under any circumstances.
Test Center Allotment
The Venue will be allotted by the Director, LBS Centre for Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram which will be intimated to the candidates through the admit card.
The candidates eligible to give the exam will be issued admit card and the exam will be conducted as per the schedule. The candidates with PG in specific subjects will give the exam as per that subject (Paper II). After the exam answer key will be released by the LBS. The result will be formulated on the basis of this answer key.
Requirement for Pass
The minimum requirement for a pass in the State Eligibility Test shall be as follows:
|Minimum Percentage of Marks|
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Total|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||35||35||45|
The candidates whose status is marked as pass in the result will be called for document verification process. It is a mandatory process and the candidates are required to produce the documents. The scrutiny of the documents will be carried out. It is the responsibility of the candidate to verify their eligibility by producing required certificates.
Along with the documents filled in application form downloaded from the official website of the LBS Centre need to be sent. Eligible candidates will send the following copies of the documents attested by a Gazetted Officer for verification.
List of Documents to be Sent
- Provisional/Original Certificate and Marklist/Grade Sheet of PG Degree
- Provisional/Original Certificate of B.Ed Degree
- Recognition and Equivalency Certificate from any one of the Universities in Kerala, if applicable.
- Equivalency Certificate from any one of the Universities in Kerala, in the case of candidates possessing qualifications in subjects other than those mentioned in the list of subjects
- Original Caste/Category certificate (valid during the online registration of SET-July-2019) of the candidate eligible for relaxation of minimum marks for a pass.
Where to send these documents?
The application form (printed) along with the copies of the documents need to be sent for verification to the Director, LBS Centre, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram.
Issue of Certificate
Candidates need to produce their qualifying certificates within a period of one year from the date of publication of the results of the test along with their application for SET certificate for inclusion of their name in the list of qualified candidates and issue of certificates.
Note: Those who apply for SET certificate after the elapse of one year from the date of publication of results shall pay a late fee of Rs 500 for the next year and an additional amount of Rs.250 for each subsequent year, thereafter. The fee will be paid as Demand Draft drawn from a Nationalized Bank.
Issue of Duplicate Certificates
If the Certificate once issued is irrecoverably lost, a Duplicate Certificate will be issued to the candidate who apply for the same on payment of the fee of Rs 1000. The following documents must be attached with the request for the issue of Duplicate Certificate.
- A Demand Draft for Rs 1000 (Rupees one thousand only) drawn from a Nationalised Bank in favour of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- An affidavit in stamp paper worth Rs 100 to the effect that the SET Certificate issued to the candidate has been irrecoverably lost, duly attested by a Notary Public/First Class Judicial Magistrate and other relevant certificates.
LBS Kerala 2019 Results
The details of marks and the eligibility status secured by the candidates appeared for SET – 2019 will be published on the websites of the LBS Centre. The candidates who enrolled themselves for the exam will be able to check the result. The qualifiers will be awarded by the eligibility certificate. The result will be published online and the candidates will be able to check the result by entering their roll number.
A. Percentage of marks will be calculated as (marks scored by candidate divided by maximum marks) multiplied by 100.
A. The OBC and SC/ST candidates availing the concession in marks will have to submit non-creamy layer caste/community certificates from the revenue authorities of the Government of Kerala.
A. There is no way to edit the application form after final submit. The candidates are advised to verify their information (Especially District opted for the test, Subject appearing for the test and reservation category)before the final submit.
A. No there is no option for revaluation or rechecking of the answer scripts or recounting of the marks scored. The OMR answer sheet will be checked by fully computerized system so the valuation will be error free.
A. Those who want to get a photocopy of the OMR Answer Sheet will be provided the same on payment of a fee of Rs 500 per paper. Application for providing photocopy must be made within a period of one month from the date of publication of results.
Official website: lbscentre.kerala.gov.in