Kerala SET 2022 – LBS Centre for Science and Technology has opened application form correction facility for Kerala SET 2022 from 3 May – 5 May 2022 (5 PM). Applicants can edit their Kerala SET 2022 application form online at lbsedp.lbscentre.in. Earlier, the authority had extended Kerala SET 2022 application form last date to April 30, 2022. Kerala SET 2022 exam shall take place in July 2022 (expected). Kerala SET is a state-level examination conducted to identify the eligible candidates who can be a teacher for the higher secondary and the vocational higher secondary students of Kerala. Get the complete details on the exam pattern, syllabus, application form, and other details regarding the Kerala SET 2022 from this article.
Latest: Kerala SET 2022 application form Correction Window is open. Check here to make corrections.
Kerala SET 2022
The LBS centre for Science and Technology has released the notification for the upcoming Kerala SET 2022. Candidates can visit the official website lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. Mentioned below are the important dates regarding the Kerala SET 2022:
|Online Registration Starting||06 Apr 2022|
|Online Registration Closing|
30 Apr 2022
|Online Payment of Registered Candidate|
02 May 2022
|Form Correction Facility||3 May – 5 May 2022 (5 PM)|
|Online Admission Ticket||TBA|
|Date of Test||July 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||TBA|
|Declaration of Result||TBA|
- Application Form
- Exam Date
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Previous Year Question Paper
What is Kerala SET 2022?
Kerala State Eligibility Test is conducted to improve the teaching standard of higher secondary course by appointing school teachers. Know more about the Kerala State Eligibility Test by reading the information below.
- The government of Kerala has given LBS Centre for Science and Technology to organize Kerala SET.
- The examination of Kerala SET is conducted twice a year. As of now, the examination for January 2022 is being conducted.
- After qualifying Kerala SET, candidates are awarded with a pass certificate. This pass certificate is mandatory for the selection as higher secondary school teachers.
- With the SET certificate, eligible candidates can apply for non-vocational teachers in Vocational Higher Secondary Education as well.
Kerala SET 2022 Notification
The official notification for Kerala SET 2022 is now available at the official website. Candidates can view and download notification from the image provided below:
Kerala SET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The LBS centre for Science and Technology has kept minimum eligibility criteria to be eligible to apply for the Kerala SET. Candidates who did not fulfill the minimum requirements stand ineligible to apply for the Kerala SET examination. Listed below are the minimum requirements to be eligible for Kerala SET:
- 50% or its equivalent in Masters degree in the concerned subject and B.Ed degree in any discipline.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology – M.Sc.Ed Degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent is eligible to apply.
- For Botany and Zoology, M.Sc.Ed Degree in Life Science with a minimum of 50% marks from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- For French, German, Commerce, Home Science, Geology, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics, and Syriac B.Ed. is not required.
- Candidates with II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with a minimum of 50% marks and B.Ed.
- Candidates with a DLEd degree/LTTC in Arabic, Hindi, and Urdu without a B.Ed degree are also eligible.
- Those who have masters in biotechnology with a minimum of 50% marks and a B.Ed in natural science are eligible.
- Candidates with B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are not required to submit an equivalency certificate.
- Candidates who acquired their qualification through a non-recognized open or correspondence university are not eligible.
- Candidates acquired their qualification through recognized open or correspondence university should submit equivalency certificate from any on the Universities of Kerala.
- Candidates in the final year of B.Ed with a master’s degree with minimum marks required are also eligible.
- Candidates in their final year of master’s with a B.Ed degree are eligible to apply.
Kerala SET Age Limit:
- There is no age limit for Kerala SET exam.
Kerala SET 2022 Application Form
The online Kerala SET 2022 application form is released on the official website of the LBS Centre for Science and Technology lbsedp.lbscentre.in. Candidates need to register online with their mobile number to start the application process. An OTP is then sent to the candidate’s mobile number for verification. Enter the OTP on the website for registration. Fill the application form and upload the Photograph. The last step is the payment of fees. The application process is completed once the candidate completes all this process.
Here are the details of the fees for Kerala SET 2022
|SC/ ST/ Differently abled||500/-|
Kerala SET Exam Centre 2022
Aspirants can check the Kerala SET exam centres below. Aspirants aren’t allowed to apply for district centre change once allocated.
Kerala SET 2022 Syllabus
Kerala SET syllabus comprises 2 papers. Paper 1 is the general paper for all the candidates attempting the exam. It consists of general knowledge and aptitude for teaching. Paper 2 consists of the specialized area the candidate specialized in their master’s program. It comprises of 33 subjects. The subjects are listed below:
- Political Science
- Social Work
- General paper -I
Kerala SET 2022 Exam Pattern
Kerala SET comprises 2 papers. Paper 1 is the general paper common for all the candidates appearing for the Kerala SET examination. Paper 2 comprises the specialization on which the candidate has done their masters. Here are the details of the Kerala SET exam pattern:
|Mode of examination||Pen paper test|
|Number of question||120 questions (60 questions in each part)|
|Maximum Marks||120 marks|
|Types of questions||Objective questions(MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Mode of examination||Pen paper test|
|Number of question||120 questions. There are 80 questions for mathematics and statistics.|
|Types of questions||Objective questions((MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for a correct answer except for mathematics and statistics (1.5 marks)|
Preparation Tips For Kerala SET 2022
Aspirants aiming to clear the Kerala SET 2022 should have adequate preparation for the exam before giving it a try. It may look easy, but there are catchy questions that may test the confidence of the candidate. Here are some tips which might be of use for the candidates appearing for the Kerala SET 2022
Make use of the syllabus provided by the conducting body. Try to cover all the syllabus and get exposed to the areas where the syllabus is focused on. All the questions will be from the syllabus mentioned.
Make use of the previous year’s Kerala SET exam questions. This helps the candidate to understand the question pattern and focus on time management. Candidates can focus on the area where the questions are asked.
Kerala SET Admit Card 2022
Admit card for the Kerala SET examination is released by the LBS Centre for Science and Technology soon after the application process is done. It is available as per schedule on their official website lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. The registration and the site access key are required to download the admit card. Candidates shall carry this hall ticket along with a valid ID proof to the examination hall, without which the candidate will not be allowed to write the exam. The Kerala SET admit card provides the details of the examination centre, exam timings, and the district opted to write the exam.
Kerala SET 2022 Answer Key
The LBS centre for Science and Technology releases the Kerala SET answer key for the upcoming Kerala SET soon after the exams are done. It is released on their official website lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. Candidates can verify their answers with that of the official answer provided by the conducting body. Aspirants can challenge the official answers if they find them wrong or unsatisfactory. The portal for objections is available for 5 days from the release of the answer key. For each challenge, candidates have to pay a fee of RS 300/- which will be refunded if the answer/ solution provided by the candidate is true.
Kerala SET 2022 Result
Soon after the final keys are out, the LBS centre of Science and Technology declares the Kerala SET 2022 result. Candidates can check their results online on the official website of the conducting body lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. The final score and the status of whether the candidate passed the exam will be notified in the results. The results can be checked using the roll number provided in the admit card. Those qualified candidates are awarded a SET certificate by the conducting body on behalf of the government of Kerala.
Kerala SET Qualifying Marks
The conducting body has kept a minimum cut-off mark for the qualification of the candidates for Kerala SET. To pass the SET exam and to obtain the SET certificate candidates must secure this minimum mark. Here are the details of the qualifying marks required for Kerala SET:
|Minimum Percentage of Marks|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||35||35||45|
About LBS Centre For Science and Technology
LBS Centre for Science and Technology is a government body that functions under the government of Kerala. It is responsible for conducting the Kerala State Eligibility Test twice every year. It is a computer training and consultancy institute that acts as a bridge between technical institutions and industries.
Official website: lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
Ans: There is no way to edit the application form after the final submission. The candidates are advised to verify their information (Especially District opted for the test, Subject appearing for the test and reservation category) before the final submit.
Ans: No there is no option for revaluation or rechecking of the answer scripts or recounting of the marks scored. The OMR answer sheet is checked by fully computerized system so the valuation will be error-free.
Ans: Percentage of marks is calculated as (marks scored by candidate divided by maximum marks) multiplied by 100.
Ans: Candidates can apply at lbscentre.kerala.gov.in.
For more information on LBS Kerala SET 2020, download detailed notification.