Savitribai Phule Pune University has released notification for 34th State Eligibility Test (SET) for Assistant Professorship to be conducted for the State of Maharashtra & Goa on January 28, 2018. The Savitribai Phule Pune University, State Agency will conduct the SET in 32 subjects at 15 selected cities of examination spread across the states. Candidates who want to participate in the Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 can fill their Application form online.
Maharashtra SET Exam 2018
All the candidates who are interested and eligible can check the complete information of Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, answer key etc from this page below. Important Dates for Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 are given below.
|Commencement of Online Application Form||13 Oct 2017|
|Last date for Applying Online||26 Oct 2017|
|Last date for submission of Online Fee||26 Oct 2017|
|Correction starts in particulars of application form||28 Oct 2017|
|Last date for Correction in particulars of application form||30 Oct 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||18 Jan 2018|
|Date of Examination||28 Jan 2018|
|Final Answer Key||24 May 2018|
|Result||24 May 2018|
Age Limit – To apply for the SET there is no upper age limit.
Educational Qualification – The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of SET. The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute.
Selection Process – Selection will be based on the merit list which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
- Open – Rs. 550/-
- OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)(Non Creamy Layer Category only)/ SC/ST/PH/VH – Rs. 450/-
How to Apply – Candidates who are eligible have to fill their Application form of Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 from the official website.
Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C. Candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiuweb.org)
- The candidates other than SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT/NT category, who have secured at least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. OBC/SBC/DT/NT [belonging to non-creamy layer] and SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying (final) master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for the SET Examination. Such candidates who clear SET Examination will be issued the certificate after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH and OBC/SBC/DT/NT [belonging to non-creamy layer] category candidates) and submit their P.G. Mark sheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.
- Candidates can appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for from time to time.
- To apply for the SET there is no upper age limit.
- OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D) (Non Creamy Layer) candidates must enclose attested copy of the caste certificate and the latest valid non creamy layer certificate (For current financial year.) The certificate must be in candidate’s own name only. Such candidates will be considered as GENERAL Category if they do not produce Caste Certificate and the latest non creamy layer certificate along with the application form & will not be considered for the benefit of relaxation in marks and fees.
- The SET agency will not issue any marksheet to qualified/non-qualified candidate. The SET agency will issue certificate to qualifying candidates only.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Profesor)
- Exemption from SET will be as per decisions taken by the U.G.C. and State Government from time to time.
Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
The Examination will consists of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. The examination for all the three papers would be held on one day, in two separate sessions.
The SET will be conducted in Objective Mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of Examination in two separate sessions as under.
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||60 out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||50 x 2 = 100||1 1/4 hours (10.00 a.m. to 11.15 a.m.)|
|First||II||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50 x 2 = 100||1 1/4 hours (11.15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.)|
|Second||III||75 questions all of which are compulsory||75 x 2 = 150||2 1/2 hours (02.00 P.m. to 04.30 p.m.)|
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
Paper-II shall consist of fifty (50) objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks. All questions of Paper- II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (INCLUDING ALL ELECTIVES, WITHOUT OPTIONS).
The syllabus of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III for all subjects is available on website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in Please ignore the instruction given for Paper III under syllabus of respective subject. The SET State Agency will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
The Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II & Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the Test Booklet. The candidate shall have to return the original OMR sheet of Paper-I and II together and Paper-III to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall/room. However, candidates are allowed to carry the Test Booklet of Paper-I, II and III along with duplicate copy (carbonless copy) of OMR sheet on conclusion of examination.
There will be no negative marking.
Provisions for persons with disability (including visually challenged candidates)
- Thirty minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper – I and Paper – II separately. For paper – III, Forty Five minutes compensatory time shall be provided. These candidates, on their request, will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate.
- The Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services of scribe by making prior request (at least one week before the date of SET) in writing to the concerned Center Co-ordinator. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
- The candidate has the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or has to request the concerned Center Superintendent for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not. Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Center Co-ordinator along with his/her certificates of educational qualifications at least one day before the test. Visually Handicapped (Blind)/Physically Handicapped candidates should produce Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon whenever demanded.
- The 34th SET Examination will be conducted on 28th January 2018.
- The application form will be available only online on the website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in .
- The Application Form can be filled only online from 13th October, 2017 from 11.00 a.m. To 26th October, 2017. 6.00 p.m.
- It is essential to have scanned photo and signature image of the candidate (in pen drive or C.D.) at the time of filling online application form, the scanned photo image is required to upload(Max size 50 kb only in JPG or JPEG format) and scanned signature image is required to upload (Max size 30 kb only in JPG or JPEG format).
- Only filling and submission of online application is sufficient for registration as a candidate for SET.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. SET DEPARTMENT will not be responsible for network problem or any other problem of this nature.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Admit-Cards will be provided to all candidates only online on the above mentioned website 10 days before the date of SET Examination using the same Username & Password.
- The Candidate should take print of Application Form and keep it with him/her for future reference. The print of Application Form should neither be sent to any Co-ordinating Center nor to SET Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- Submission of online application is mandatory.
- The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility conditions for the Test before filling the online application Form.
Syllabus of Subjects
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Download|
|0||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper-I)||Download|
|16||Defence & Strategic Studies||Download|
|18||Library & Information Science||Download|
|19||Journalism & Mass Communication||Download|
|35||Earth , Atmospheric , Ocean & Planetary Science||Download|
|37||Computer Science & Application||Download|
Candidates who have participated in the Recruitment process of Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 which will be held on 28 Jan 2018 can download the below previous/current year questions papers for practicing for better performance in the examination held by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Click here to Check the Question Papers of particular SET Exam.
Official Website where Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 available is setexam.unipune.ac.in