Maharashtra SET 2019 – The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has issued the answer key of the Maharashtra SET 2019 exam. Maharashtra SET 2019 examination is held on June 23, 2019. The candidates who have filled the application form correctly in the stipulated time has been issued the admit card for the examination. The candidates have been issued the admit card at the official website. The Savitribai Phule Pune University, State Agency will conduct the SET in 32 subjects at 15 selected cities of examination spread across the states.
Maharashtra SET 2019
The application process of Maharashtra SET 2019 is now over. The candidates who have filled the application form and will be appearing for exam can download their admit card prior to exam.
|Maharashtra SET 2019||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||01 Feb 2019|
|Last date for Applying Online||21 Feb 2019|
|Last date for submission of Online Fee||21 Feb 2019|
|Correction starts in particulars of application form||22 Feb 2019|
|Last date for Correction in particulars of application form||28 Feb 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||13 Jun 2019|
|Date of Examination||23 Jun 2019|
|Answer Key||22 Jul 2019|
|Result||To be announced|
Maharashtra SET 2019 Admit Card
The Savitribai Phule Pune University issue the admit card for Maharashtra SET 2019. The admit card has been issued on the official website of the university at setexam.unipune.ac.in. The candidates who have filled the application form can download the admit card from the official website by entering the username and password.
Overview of Maharashtra SET 2019
Age Limit – To apply for the SET there is no upper age limit.
Educational Qualification – The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of SET. The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute.
Selection Process – Selection will be based on the merit list which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
- Open – Rs. 550/-
- OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)(Non Creamy Layer Category only)/ SC/ST/PH/VH – Rs. 450/-
How to Apply – Candidates who are eligible have to fill their Application form of Maharashtra SET Exam 2018 from the official website.
Maharashtra SET 2019 Application Form
Candidates applying for Maharashtra SET are required to pay the minimal Application Fee as prescribed for the category candidate belongs to. Without payment of the application fee, Application Form submitted will not be accepted and the candidate will not be able to appear in Maharashtra SET 2019. The Application Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
The category wise application fee required to be paid by a candidate for his/her successful application for MH SET 2019 is elaborated here.
- For Open/Unreserved Category candidates: Rs. 550
- For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/NT/DT (VJ)/SBC/SEB category candidates: Rs. 450
Mode of Payment
There is just one mode of payment for the Maharashtra SET Application Form 2019, i.e. Online.
Online: Net banking / Credit Card / Debit Card only.
Maharashtra SET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the Maharashtra State Eligibility Test 2019 should check whether they are eligible to apply for the SET 2019 examination from here. The prescribed eligibility criteria for the examination are listed below.
- The candidate must have a Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C (University Grants Commission) in a subject of SET.
- The candidates should have obtained at least 55% overall marks, in their Master’s or equivalent examination. Relaxation in this overall percentage will be provided to reserved category candidates, such as SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC/Trans-genders etc. who need to score 50% for eligibility.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or candidates who have appeared in the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination are also eligible.
- Candidates of other states (other than Maharashtra and Goa) belonging to reserved categories (like SC/ST/OBC/SEBC) shall be treated as Open/Unreserved category as per the rules of the Maharashtra and Goa States.
- To apply for Maharashtra SET, the SET Department has not set an upper age limit for candidates.
Maharashtra SET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Examination will consist of Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III. The examination for all the three papers would be held on one day, in two separate sessions.
The SET will be conducted in Objective Mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of Examination in two separate sessions as under.
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||60 out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||50 x 2 = 100||1 1/4 hours (10.00 a.m. to 11.15 a.m.)|
|First||II||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50 x 2 = 100||1 1/4 hours (11.15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.)|
|Second||III||75 questions all of which are compulsory||75 x 2 = 150||2 1/2 hours (02.00 P.m. to 04.30 p.m.)|
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
Paper-II shall consist of fifty (50) objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks. All questions of Paper- II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (INCLUDING ALL ELECTIVES, WITHOUT OPTIONS).
The syllabus of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III for all subjects is available on website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in Please ignore the instruction given for Paper III under syllabus of the respective subject. The SET State Agency will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
The Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II & Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the Test Booklet. The candidate shall have to return the original OMR sheet of Paper-I and II together and Paper-III to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall/room. However, candidates are allowed to carry the Test Booklet of Paper-I, II and III along with duplicate copy (carbonless copy) of OMR sheet on conclusion of examination.
There will be no negative marking.
Provisions for persons with disability (including visually challenged candidates)
- Thirty minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper – I and Paper – II separately. For paper – III, Forty Five minutes compensatory time shall be provided. These candidates, on their request, will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate.
- The Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services of scribe by making prior request (at least one week before the date of SET) in writing to the concerned Center Co-ordinator. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
- The candidate has the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or has to request the concerned Center Superintendent for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not. Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Center Co-ordinator along with his/her certificates of educational qualifications at least one day before the test. Visually Handicapped (Blind)/Physically Handicapped candidates should produce Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon whenever demanded.
Syllabus of Subjects of Maharashtra SET 2019
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Download|
|0||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper-I)||Download|
|16||Defence & Strategic Studies||Download|
|18||Library & Information Science||Download|
|19||Journalism & Mass Communication||Download|
|35||Earth , Atmospheric , Ocean & Planetary Science||Download|
|37||Computer Science & Application||Download|
About Maharashtra SET 2019 for Assistant Professorship
The Maharashtra SET 2019 examination is conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University which was formerly known as the University of Pune, for qualifying candidates for recruitment into Assistant Professorship positions across the state of Maharashtra. Aspiring candidates will be able to apply online for SET 2019 examination through the official website. The SET examination for Assistant Professorship requires applications from only those candidates who are postgraduates or are expecting the final results of their post-graduate degree. Candidates who belong to reserved categories with the domicile certificate of the state of Maharashtra will be qualified to claim the reserved quota, while the candidates belonging to reserved quota from a different state will not be able to claim the reserved category relaxations.
Official Website: setexam.unipune.ac.in
For more information on Maharastra SET 2019 download the advertisement from here.