SBI PO Preparation Strategy 2021 – State Bank of India conducts SBI PO exam every year to recruit eligible candidates as Probationary Officers in different branches of SBI in the entire country. It is a national level exam and the expected applicants count from the entire country is around 10-11 lakhs. The SBI PO is a reputed post and thus the competition is very high. The candidates need to give their best to crack the exam. The candidates need to complete the entire syllabus in time and there is no shortcut to pass any competitive exam. Thus, the candidates need to be focused and dedicated. They should give as many mocks as possible and practice previous year question papers. Aspirants can follow this article to get some good tips & tricks, preparation strategies which can act as a catalyst in their preparation.
SBI PO Preparation Strategy
Before starting the preparations, candidates must be aware of the standard of questions asked in the exam. They should also be familiar with the syllabus and pattern of the examination. It helps them to get a fair idea of the amount of effort they must give to crack the examination. So, candidates can check out the official SBI PO exam pattern and syllabus below to also know the marks distribution and weightage of each topic in the question paper.
SBI PO 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can follow the table below to get a brief idea of SBI PO syllabus for the prelims exam.
|English language||Reading Comprehension, Error Spotting, Paragraph Jumbles, Fill in the blanks and other miscellaneous.|
|Quantitative Ability||Profit & Loss, Simplification, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Surds & Indices, Time & Distance, Mensuration|
|Logical Reasoning||Alphanumeric Series, Coded Inequalities, Ranking/ Direction/Alphabet/relation Test, Logical Reasoning, Puzzle, and others.|
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021
Aspirants can refer to the detailed SBI PO 2021 exam pattern for prelims exam below.
- Mode of exam: Online exam
- Duration: 01 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- No. of questions: 100 questions
- Maximum marks: 100 marks
- Marking scheme: +1 marks for correct answer and -0.25 marks for incorrect answer
|Subject||No. of questions||Duration|
|English Language||30||20 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 mins|
SBI PO Preparation Tips and Tricks
SBI PO is an exam conducted at national level for which lakhs of candidates apply every year. Thus students should give their best in every aspect such as time, speed, accuracy etc. Candidates can follow this article to get some useful general tips and tricks as well as subject wise tips and tricks.
General Tips and Tricks for SBI PO 2021
- Candidates should prepare a time-table according to their needs.
- Each subject should be given equal priority and none should be taken casually.
- The weaker section should be given more priority.
- Time should also be reserved to solve mocks and previous year papers.
Practice and doubt clearing
1. There is ample content available on the internet such as youtube videos, quora and articles which can be used for doubt clearing and youtube videos can also be used for revision.
2. Good practice of previous year questions helps build concepts and applications.
3. There is always a chance of a few questions being repeated and having a thorough practice of previous year questions can help to fetch some easy scores.
Speed and accuracy
- Students should set time according to exam pattern and solve questions.
- Students should try to improve their accuracy as negative marking can lead to loss of marks.
- Students should also set milestones to complete the syllabus in time.
Subject wise Tips and Tricks for SBI PO 2021
1. Candidates should practise a minimum of 50+ questions of each topic every day to have a tighter grip.
2. Candidates should analyze the weightage and difficulty level of each section. Difficult section should be given more time.
1. Study grammar rules
2. Read newspaper on regular basis
3. Note down new words
4. Learn error spotting rules
5. Practice 2 articles and related comprehensive questions on a daily basis.
- Learn Vedic Maths-it helps in solving faster and with minimum calculation.
- Practice more as it helps to build accuracy.
- Basic formulas should be memorized.
- Learn major tricks.
- Use NCERT books.
- Practice well
- Flexibility in approach
- Learn to draw conclusions
- Try to use flowchart and symbols for blood relation etc questions
- Play card games
SBI PO Preparation Books
In case, aspirants are searching for some important books for SBI PO preparations, then they have landed on the right page. Here, we have accumulated some of the famous and important SBI PO preparation books that you can refer to prepare better for the exam.
|Adda247 – SBI PO Prelims 2021 Books Kit||Check price|
|Target SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam||Check price|
|Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam with 5 Online Tests||Check price|
|IBPS and SBI Bank PO Solved Papers Pre and Main||Check price|
|Computer Aptitude For Bank PO | IBPS PO | SBI PO||Check price|
|SBI Bank PO 12 Year-wise Preliminary & Mains Solved Papers||Check price|
|SBI PO Prelims Preparation 2017-2018||Click Here|
|SBI PO Mains Preparation 2017-2018||Click Here|
|SBI PO GD PI Preparation 2017-2018||Click Here|
SBI PO preliminary exam is a qualifying exam and yes students can clear it by preparing in 1-2 months by having a proper study plan and right approach.
Ans. Candidates need to do efficient study and learn all concepts of the syllabus to crack the exam. 10 hours per day is sufficient and should be divided to cover each section of the syllabus including mock practice.
Ans. No, one must be good at quantitative aptitude to crack the SBI PO exam. The speed and accuracy also matter and thus one should practice and prepare that section very well.