|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Mother Teresa Women’s University Nodal SET Agency for Tamil Nadu has released notification of TNSET 2018 for Tamilnadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET). Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test will be held on March 04, 2018 for determining the eligibility for Assistant Professor in Tamil Nadu Universities and Colleges. MTWU conduct TNSET 2018 in 26 subjects at 11 selected Nodal centres of Examination spread across the State. Interested and eligible candidates can check the complete information of TNSET 2018 like application form filling process, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc through this page below.
TNSET 2018 – Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test
Candidates who qualify for TNSET 2018 will be governed by the eligibility criteria stipulated for the Assistant Professors of concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided /Private) of Tamil Nadu State. Candidates must follow the TN SET 2018 schedule given below.
|Submission of Online Application Form||18 Dec 2017|
|Last date for Applying Online||09 Feb 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||to be announced|
|Date of Examination||04 Mar 2018|
|TNSET 2018 Answer Key||to be announced|
|TNSET 2018 Result||to be announced|
To check details about the Application form, Admit Card, Answer key and Result check Quick link section below.
TNSET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for General/ OBC (belonging to Creamy Layer) Category and 50% for OBC(belonging to Non – Creamy Layer)/ Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD-VI/HI/PH), in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Sciences, Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Sciences, Library & Information Science, are eligible to appear for this examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the Master Degree(final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the TNSET 2018 examination will have to qualify within two years from the date of TNSET 2018 Examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
TNSET 2018 Application form
Application form of TNSET 2018 can be filled online from the official website. Candidates have to pay the examination fee to complete the process of application.
- General/ OBC Creamy Layer – Rs. 1500/-
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – Rs. 1250/-
- SC/ST/PwDVI,HI,PH – Rs. 500/-
TNSET 2018 Hall Ticket
Hall Ticket will be uploaded on the website: www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in No Hall Ticket will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their Hall Tickets from the above website to ascertain their venue of the Exam. No Candidate will be allowed to appear at the Examination Centre other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket .
TNSET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions/ MCQs and will be held on 04.03.2018 (Sunday) in three separate sessions as follows
- First Session – 1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)
- Second Session – 1 ¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.
- Third session – 2 ½ Hours (02.00 P.M. to 04.30 P.M.)
|First||I||100||50 Questions – all Compulsory|
|Second||II||100||50 Questions – all Compulsory|
|Third||III||150||75 Questions – all compulsory|
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the Candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the Candidate. 50 (fifty) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each Question will carry 2 Marks.
Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the Candidate.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the Candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks..
All the questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Subject of Test
The list of 26 subjects for which examination will be conducted by TNSET- 2018 along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below:
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|03||Computer Science & Application||English|
|11||Home Science||English /Tamil|
|12||Journalims and Mass Communciation||English /Tamil|
|21||Political Sciences||English /Tamil|
|23||Social Work||English /Tamil|
|26||Library & Information Science||English /Tamil|
Candidates who are appearing (Final year) for their Master Degree examination can also apply for TNSET 2018.
Those Post Graduate students who have passed Post Graduate examination in more than one subject can appear for TNSET 2018 examination only in one subject at a time.
TNSET 2018 Exam Centres
The eleven centres where Examination will be conducted in Tamil Nadu State with their respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Examination Centre for TNSET 2018 examination.
|Nodal Centres for TNSET 2018||Centre Code|
Note – Please Note that Test Centre once selected is Final and will not be allowed for change of Centre under any circumstances
TNSET 2018 Answer Key
- After the examination of TNSET 2018, the answer key for all the papers will be displayed on the website: www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in Candidates can send their grievance along with documentary evidences within 15days after the publication of answer keys for all the papers to [email protected]
- After expiry of 15 days time, no grievance regarding answer key will be entertained.
TNSET 2018 Result
The result of the TNSET 2018 Examination held on March 04, 2018 will be published on the Website: www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in for authenticated view by candidates who have been admitted for the exam. Only qualified candidates will receive intimation through SMS.
Before announcing the result Mother Teresa Women’s University will publish the provisional answer keys and accepts objects against the same. Result will be announced on the basis of final answer keys.
Criteria for Declaration of TNSET 2018 Result
Top 6% of the appearing Candidates who appear in all three Papers and secure atleast 40% aggregate marks for Candidates belonging to General / OBC (Creamy Layer) Category and atleast 35% aggregate Marks for Candidates belonging to OBC (Non Creamy Layer) / SC / ST / PwD Category will be declared Qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the State Government.
For Complete details of TNSET 2018 check – Official Advertisement