|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
|Bennett University MBA Admission 2018||Enquire Now!|
|MAT 2017 (December)||Get All Details Here|
Mother Teresa Women’s University Nodal SET Agency for Tamil Nadu has released notification of TNSET 2017 for Tamilnadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET). Tamil Nadu State Eligiblity Test will be held on 23 Apr 2017 (Sunday) for determining the eligibility for Assistant Professor in Tamil Nadu Universities and Colleges. MTWU conduct TNSET 2017 in 25 subjects at 16 selected Nodal centres of Examination spread across the State. Interested and eligible candidates can check the complete information of TNSET 2017 like application form filling process, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc through this page below.
Latest – Results of the TNSET 2017 conducted on 23 Apr 2017 has been published on 21st August 2017 at 5 pm. Click here to check.
Note: For the next TNSET 2018, Physical Education and Library and Information Science
will be included as subjects for the examinations.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
TNSET 2017 – Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test
Name of the Post – Assistant Professor
Age Limit – There is no upper age limit for applying for TNSET 2017 examination.
Educational Qualification – Master Degree or equivalent examination from Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi.
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks secured in the Written examination held by Mother Teresa Women’s University.
- General – Rs. 1500/-
- BC/MBC/DNC – Rs. 1250/-
- SC/ST/PWD-VI, HI, PH – Rs. 500/-
How to Apply – Application form of TNSET 2017 can be filled online from the official website. Candidates have to pay the examination fee to complete the process of application.
|Submission of Online Application Form||12 Feb 2017|
|Last date for Applying Online|
|Availability of Admit Card||14 Apr 2017|
|Date of Examination||23 Apr 2017|
|TNSET 2017 Answer Key||27 Apr 2017|
|TNSET 2017 Result||21 Aug 2017|
TNSET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for General Category and 50% for Backward Classes/Most Backward Classes (MBC) / De-Notified Communities (DNC) / Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD-VH/PH), in Master Degree or equivalent examination from Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi in subjects like Sciences, Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Sciences etc., are eligible to appear for this test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the Master Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the TNSET- 2017 examination, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (without rounding off) for General Category and 50% for Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes (MBC) / De-Notified Communities (DNC) / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD-VH/PH) within two years from the date of TNSET-2017 examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified
- The Ph.D. Degree holders who have completed the Master Degree on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in TNSET-2017 examination.
- Candidates shall appear for TNSET-2017 examination in their relevant subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the Candidate did not find the subject of their Post Graduation in the list of TNSET-2017 subjects, the Candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than General Category are required to mention their Social Status in the Online Application Form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as PG degree mark statement, Community Certificate and Certificates related to PwD (VH/PH) uploaded with their applications. The Community Certificates submitted by the candidates must be issued by the competent authority. In case any of the Certificates mentioned above is found to be invalid by the TNSET- 2017 agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the TNSET- 2017 Centre has accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions.
TNSET 2017 Exam Pattern
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 23.04.2017 (Sunday) in three separate sessions as follows:
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the Candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the Candidate. 60 (sixty) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50 (fifty). In the event of the Candidate attempting more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the Candidate would be evaluated.
Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the Candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the Candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
All the questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus including all electives, without options.
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Subject of Test
The list of 25 subjects for which examination will be conducted by TNSET- 2017 along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below:
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|03||Computer Science & Application||English|
|12||Journalims and Mass Communciation||English|
|25||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||English|
Candidates who are appearing (Final year) for their Master Degree examination can also apply for TNSET.
Those Post Graduate students who have passed Post Graduate examination in more than one subject can appear for TNSET examination only in one subject at a time.
TNSET 2017 Exam Centres
The sixteen TNSET Nodal Centres where Examination will be conducted in Tamil Nadu State with their respective codes are given below. The Candidate can select any one Examination Centre for TNSET examination.
|Nodal Centres for TNSET 2017||Centre Code|
Note – Please note that test centre once selected is final and will not be allowed for change of centre under any circumstances.
- The Candidates must read the conditions of eligibility carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the Online Application Form.
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of application form will not be accepted by Mother Teresa Women’s University.
- Applications submitted on any other format will not be accepted.
- No applications can be submitted after the last date 19.03.2017. The Candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional. The mere fact that Admission Card has been issued and the candidate is allowed to appear in the Examination shall not imply that the University has finally accepted his/her candidature.
- Mother Teresa Women’s University may change the Centre of examination or Date of Examination without assigning any reason.
- It may be noted that the Admission Card will be uploaded on the website www.tnsetexam2017mtwu.in. The candidates are requested to ascertain their Venue of the Examination mentioned in the Admission Card and appear for examination only at the designated Examination Centre. No Candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre other than that allotted to him/her in the Admission Card.
- The Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online Admission Card on the day of examination. No Candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose Admission Card is not issued by the University.
- To ensure fair conduct of examination frisking of the Candidates will be done properly at main entry gate of the Exam Centre. The Candidates should report at the Examination Centre 2 hrs. 30 minutes prior to commencement of examination and cooperate with the invigilators in frisking. No Candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre/hall after commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before 10:45 a.m. in the 1st session, 12:30 p.m. in the 2nd session and 4:30 p.m. in the 3rd session.
- In the examination hall/room, the Candidates should not talk to each other or discuss any matter during the examination. The Candidates should not disturb the other Candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination. The Candidate violating these instructions will be treated as unfair means and his/her result will not be declared.
- The marks of all the Candidates will be uploaded on website www.tnsetexam2017mtwu.in soon after declaration of result. Besides this, Mother Teresa Women’s University will not issue any mark sheet to qualified/non qualified Candidates.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the Candidate.
- The decision of the Mother Teresa Women’s University shall be final in all matters
- All legal disputes pertaining to this Examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Tamil Nadu Courts only.