NHTET 2019 – NCHMCT has released NHTET Answer Key 2019 for July session. Candidates who have appeared in the National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test can download the answer key and submit challenges until July 25, 2019. NCHMCT conducted NHTET July 2019 for the purpose of determining eligibility of candidates to become Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHMCT affiliated Institutes of Hotel Management (IHM). All affiliated IHMs including government, PSU, private, shall recruit Asst Lecturers and TAs only if they have NHTET Certificate. The exam was held on July 20, 2019. Get here complete details of NHTET 2019 such as previous year question papers, answer key, result.
Latest: Answer Key of NHTET 2019 (NCHMCT) is now available. Get here.
The National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test is open for eligible and interested candidates from across India. NHTET 2019 is a yearly exam. However, insufficient number of candidates qualify, then NCHMCT may hold it again. Please refer the table below for NHTET 2019 important dates.
|NHTET 2019 (For July)||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online application form||13 Jun 2019|
|Last date to apply online||09 Jul 2019|
|Last date for receipt of DD and confirmation sheet of NHTET 2019 application form||12 Jul 2019|
|Download admit card||15 to 20 Jul 2019|
|NHTET 2019 Exam Date||20 Jul 2019|
|Publication of answer keys||21 Jul 2019|
|Deadline to submit challenges against answer key||upto 25 Jul 2019|
|Publication of revised answer keys||By 29 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of NHTET Result 2019||02 Aug 2019|
NHTET Answer Key 2019
- NCHMCT has uploaded NHTET 2019 Answer Key after exam.
- The answer key is published at official website thims.gov.in.
- Candidates can download the official answer key from website and know answers of all 200 questions.
- After that they can challenge answer keys with documentary proof within 5 days time.
- In order to submit challenges, candidates have to send an email to [email protected]
- NCHMCT shall not accept challenges received after deadline.
- The council shall forward all objections to expert committee in order to get a decision.
- In accordance with decision of committee, final answer key will be published on official website within 5 more working days.
- Result of NHTET 2019 shall be calculated on basis of final answer key within 4 more working days and be thereby published.
NHTET Result 2019
- Marks of candidates will be calculated using final answer key for the purpose of declaration of NHTET 2019 Result.
- Result will be published at thims.gov.in as per schedule.
- It is declared as a consolidated list containing qualified and unqualified candidates.
- The council releases passing certificates of those who qualify within a short period of time after result.
- Until the time that candidates get NHTET Certificate, they can use downloaded result.
- If candidates wish to see their answer sheet for satisfying himself/herself, then they have to go to NCHMCT Office, Noida, within 90 days from date of declaration of result.
- They can also request for the same under RTI by paying necessary fees within 90 days, after which, records will be disposed.
Procedure and Criteria for declaration of Result
First of all, candidate needs to secure a minimum marks in NHTET exam, in order to become eligible for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHM and affiliated IHMs. The qualifying marks are as given below for Paper I, Paper II, Paper III and overall in all three papers.
Cut Off Marks To Become Eligible for both Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates
|Paper||General / OBC||SC / ST / PWD|
|I (out of 100)||45 (45%)||40 (40%)|
|II (out of 100)||45 (45%)||40 (40%)|
|III (out of 200)||100 (50%)||90 (45%)|
|Aggregate (out of 400)||200 (50%)||180 (45%)|
Cut Off Marks To Become Eligible for only Teaching Associates
|Paper||General / OBC||SC / ST / PWD|
|I (out of 100)||40 (40%)||35 (35%)|
|II (out of 100)||40 (40%)||35 (35%)|
|III (out of 200)||90 (45%)||80 (45%)|
|Aggregate (out of 400)||180 (45%)||160 (40%)|
As can be seen, such candidates who are declared qualified against only Teaching Associate will not be eligible to apply against vacancies for Assistant Lecturer. They have to once again appear in NHTET to get requisite percentage to become eligible for Assistant Lecturer.
Then for those candidates who cleared step 1 above, for them a detailed mark sheet cum certificate will be prepared and will be sent to them. This certificate will be valid for that period of time as is given in it to apply for Assistant Lecturer in NCHM and its affiliated IHMs.
Detailed mark sheets will also be prepared for candidates who did not clear the exam and in their marksheet there will be remark Not Cleared. It will also be displayed at official website thims.gov.in.
National Hospitality Teacher Eligibility Test NHTET) Certificate shall be valid for a certain period of time only. Its validity is mentioned in the certificate itself. Upto the period candidate remains in maximum age to apply against vacancy of Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associate at NCHMCT and affiliated IHMs until then.
The eligibility criteria and validity period may change in future, but the interest of the already qualified candidates will be taken care of.
If concerned authorities discover at any point of time that the candidate had provided incorrect details or provided false documents to prove his/her eligibility, then his/her NHTET Certificate shall be cancelled at once and notice about it will sent to all IHMs. Such candidate can also not sit in next 2 NHTET exams.
NHTET Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Educational Qualifications: In order to be eligible to appear in NHTET 2019, candidate should satisfy ANY ONE of the following educational qualification conditions:
- Either have full time Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration / Hotel Management after class 12 with at least 55% marks AND minimum 2 years Hospitality Industry Experience after obtaining Degree.
- Or have full time Master’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management after Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management with at least 55% marks either in Bachelor or Master’s Degree.
- Age limit:Age should not be more than 35 years. Relaxation of age by 5 years for those belong to SC/ST/PD categories, 3 years for those belong to OBC categories is applicable as per rules. The maximum age in NHTET to be held from January to May, will be counted as on 31st July of the same year. Similarly maximum age in NHTET to be held from July to October, will be counted as on 31st
December of the same year in following manner:
- General and EWS Categories – TA 30 years, AL 35 years.
- OBC Category- TA 33 years, AL 38 Years.
- SC/ST and PD Categories- TA 35 years, AL 40 years.
NHTET Application Form 2019
- It is important for interested candidate to first read official brochure.
- Candidate should check that he/she is eligible to sit in NHTET before applying online at thims.gov.in.
- Then, they have to buy a DD from an approved bank for the relevant amount of application fee. It is important to purchase demand draft first because DD number has to be filled in online form. If one enters incorrect number in form, and DD number does not match when printout of form is received by NCHMCT, then system is liable to reject that form.
- Candidates should also keep ready passport size photograph of required dimension and size.
- In addition, one should scan a valid ID card in necessary size and resolution. Valid ID can be Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License and Passport.
- Candidates should enter all details in NHTET 2019 Application Form correctly.
- NCHMCT may use registered email ID and mobile number for communication. Therefore candidates must enter valid details of these. There shall be no postal communication by NCHMCT.
|General / EWS / OBC categories (male candidates|
|SC / ST / PD / All Female Candidates||Rs 400|
Submission Of Application Form Printout
Once candidates submit online form, then can download and print it. This form will be of three pages. They need to send the same to NCHMCT along with Demand Draft by last date. There is no need to attach any other document or certificate at this point of time. Send NHTET 2019 Application Form with DD by speed post or registered post.
For Candidates Without PG
- Such candidates who do not have PG Degree in Hospitality should enter details of at least 2 years experience in Hospitality industry.
- He/she should have worked in an established Hotel, registered with Govt. or classified or other Hospitality Industry after getting Degree.
- There must be relevant documentary proof to support the claim.
- Industrial Training done to complete the degree, will not be counted as experience.
- This experience shall reflect in NHTET Certificate if one passes.
- Therefore in case of false information about Experience during NHTET, and if a candidate fails to present the experience certificate from the same Hotel or Industry as mentioned in the NHTET Certificate, during their selection in any IHM, it will be treated under falsification of the Information and the NHTET Certificate will be cancelled at once with debarment of two chance from applying for NHTET.
NHTET Admit Card 2019
- Applicants can download NHTET 2019 Admit Card from thims.gov.in.
- One should download it from date of start of admit card download upto exam date.
- No one shall get admit card / hall ticket by post or any other means.
- It shall be compulsory for all test takers to bring printout of admit card on exam date at exam centre.
- They will also have to bring a valid original photo ID card as mentioned in admit card.
- Candidates may note that impersonation is a cognizable offence. Anyone trying to impersonate, or taking help of such unfair means shall be reported to police.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of NHTET
Check the detailed exam pattern, scheme and syllabus of NHTET 2019 from below.
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Number of Paper: 3 (Paper I, II, and III)
- Questions Types: Multiple Choice Questions
- Marking Scheme: 02 marks for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: Half (½)mark will be deducted for each wrong answer or for double attempted and zero(0) marks if the questions will not be attempted.
Scheme of NHTET 2019
|First (2 hours)
From 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
|Paper I||50 Questions||100
(each question will carry 2 marks)
|1⁄2 mark for
answer or for
double attempted.0 marks for
|Paper II||50 Questions||100
(each question will carry 2 marks)
|Second (2 hours)
From 11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
|Paper III||100 Questions||200
(each question will carry 2 marks)
Paper – I Syllabus: Paper-I will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test aptitude towards teaching, reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness/ knowledge of the candidate.
Paper – II Syllabus: Questions are asked from Nutrition, Food Science, General Management, hotel accounts ( for hospitality related teaching posts ) topics.
Paper – III Syllabus: From Food Production, F & B Service and Management, Accommodation Operation Management and House Keeping Management topics questions are asked.
Exam Centres of NHTET
|Hajipur (near Patna)||Thiruvananthapuram|
IHM (Institutes of Hotel Managements)
At Present total number of 66 Institutes are under affiliation of the NCHMCT 21 Central IHMs, 24 State IHMs, 1 PSU run IHM and 20 Private IHMs.
Background of NHTET
Not too long ago, there were 2 major concerns of general public as well as leading educationists and Hoteliers, pertaining to teachers:
- Teaching profession was not attracting well qualified people
- Criteria for hiring teachers were concerning
After due analysis it was concluded that often incompetent and such people lacking teaching aptitude were more and more becoming teachers.
This led to the formation of the National Policy on Education, 1986, which was a point of debate in the Parliament as well. The policy says “The method of recruitment of teachers will be reorganized to ensure merit, objectivity and conformity with spatial and functional requirements”.
Therefore the NHTET scheme was prepared.
National Hospitality Teacher Eligibility test shall be held to filter best of aspirants and to determine them to be eligible for Assistant Lecturers and Teaching Associates for IHMs affiliated to NCHMCT. Scheme governing this process is the NHTET scheme.
All Indian citizens who satisfy the eligibility criteria of NHTET come under this scheme.
Only such candidates who become eligible for Assistant Lecturer as per NHTET Results shall have the right to apply for any vacancy for the same that is announced by affiliated IHMs. Affiliated IHMs refer to all such Institutes of Hotel Management that are in Government sector, Public Sector Undertakings, or privately owned. By the same token though it is important to note that NHTET certificate holders do not automatically get selected. They have to undergo process of selection as per vacancy norms.
At any time, NCHMCT affiliated IHMs will only recruit Assistant Lecturers and Teaching Associates who have NHTET pass certificate, against regular vacancies in direct recruitment.
For more information on NHTET 2019, download information brochure.