NHTET 2022– National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) conducts the National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) for the post of assistant lecturer or teaching associate at the NCHM or affiliated IHMs. NCHMCT has not released any notification for the upcoming exams but it shall soon release a notification for the NHTET 2022 exams. The application forms for the NHTET 2022 shall be released on the official website, nchm.nic.in/nhtett. There are certain eligibility criteria that a candidate must satisfy to sit for the NHTET 2022 exams. A candidate must have a master’s/graduate degree in hotel administration/ hospitality/ management. Candidates can get complete details regarding NHTET 2022 from this article.
Candidates must check the official website regularly for any updates on the NHTET 2022 exams. Candidates can check the important dates regarding the NHTET 2022 exams from below
|Start date for the application process||To be announced|
|Last date to apply for NHTET 2021||To be announced|
|Last date to deposit application fee||To be announced|
|opening of option to change exam centre up to||To be announced|
|Issuance of admit card||To be announced|
|NHTET 2021 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Answer key objection filing||To be announced|
|Disposal of challenges by technical committee||To be announced|
|Final answer key||To be announced|
|Evaluation and result processing||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
As of now, NCHMCT has not released NHTET 2022 Notification. By the time a new notification is out, candidates can refer to the details available in this article based on the previous year notification.
NHTET 2022 Eligibility
Candidates must pass the eligibility criteria specified for the NHTET 2022 exams before filling application forms for the same. Candidates can check the criteria from below
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Administration Hotel Management with at least 55% marks. The candidate must have 2 years of hospitality experience after the degree.
- The candidate has a full-time Master’s degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management with at least 55% marks.
- The candidate should have a full-time bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Hotel Administration/ Management with at least 55% marks
- The candidate must be under 35 years of age. Relaxation has been given to reserved categories of SC/ST, PWD with 5 years and 3 years for OBC candidates
NHTET 2022 Application Form
Application forms for NHTET exams 2022 are to be filled in an online mode. Candidates also have to pay an online application fee for the application form in form of DD and the number of the demand draft is to be entered in the form. Candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps to fill and submit the NHTET application form 2022
- Visit the official page nchm.nic.in/nhtett
- Click on the “new registration” link and the new page asks for the personal detail of the candidate
- Fill in the details of Name, Father’s name, mobile number, email address, and register
- The next page asks for the educational qualification of the candidate.
- Upload the image of the demand draft with the number
- Submit the form after reviewing it again
The hard copy of the form has to be sent to the council along with the demand draft by speed post or registered post.
The application fees for the NHTET 2022 has been specified below
NHTET 2022 Admit card
Candidates who have successfully submitted the application form shall be receiving an admit card. They can access the admit card through their account login. The candidates shall enter the credentials which were created at the time of application form filling. Candidates shall enter their registration number and password to log in and take a printout of the NHTET admit card for the exam date. Admit card is a crucial document to be taken to the exam center along with an identity card.
NHTET 2022 Exam pattern
A candidate willing to appear for the NHTET 2022 must be aware of the exam pattern for the NHTET exams. They can prepare well if they know the type of questions asked and the pattern of the NHTET 2022 exams.
- NHTET 2022 shall be an offline exam
- It comprises multiple type questions
- It has three papers with a total of 200 questions
- The maximum marks for the papers are 400
- Paper I and II are conducted for 2 hours and paper III is conducted for 2 hours
- The distribution of marks for the exam has been shown below
- The marking scheme for the NHTET 2022 exam is shown below
|Correct answers||+2 marks|
NHTET 2022 syllabus
The syllabus of NHTET 2022 is well defined to cover all the topics which a candidate needs to be aware of to qualify for the exam. Candidates can refer to the NHTET syllabus 2022 mentioned below
- Paper I check the teaching and research aptitude of the candidate. It evaluates the teaching method, Reasoning, General Awareness, Comprehension, General Knowledge of the applicant
- Paper-II comprises Nutrition, Hotel Account, General Management, Food Science
- Paper III comprises four core topics of hospitality namely Food Production, Operation Management, F&B Services and Management, and Housekeeping Management
NHTET 2022 Selection procedure
Selection in the NHTET 2022 shall be done in two ways
- Skill test
All the candidates scoring qualifying marks in the written test shall be called for a skill test. The test is assessed by the selection committee. The final selection for the post of assistant lecturer/teaching associate is done after both the assessments are done. The final selection is done according to the performance of the candidate in both tests
NHTET 2022 Answer key
Soon after the NHTET 2022 exam is over, answer keys are released by the council. The answer key is released on the website of nchm.nic.in/nhtett . Candidates can evaluate their performances in the written test through the NHTET answer key provided. There is also an option to raise objections regarding any answer. Candidates have to submit documentary proof. The mail shall be sent to [email protected] The conducting body considers all the objections and thereafter releases a final answer key.
NHTET 2022 Result
After the final answer key is issued, NHTET result is issued in a few days. The candidate can access the results from nchm.nic.in/nhtett . NCHMCT issues two PDF files in the form of results which contain names of qualified and non-qualified candidates. After the results, qualifying candidates have to appear for personal document verification. Students have to appear personally with relevant documents.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) works under the Ministry of Tourism. The body works for the academics of hospitality and hotel management. NCHMCT has 21 central institutes and 25 state government institutes for hotel management, 1 PSU IHM, and 14 food craft institutes. Candidates who qualify for the NHTET exams are recruited for top positions in the hospitality industry.
Official website: thims.gov.in
For more details related to NHTET 2020, download notification.
Ans : NHTET is conducted twice a year. If the number of qualified candidates is less then it is organized twice in a calendar year.
Ans : No. Application fee can only be paid through demand draft. Candidates have to send the print out of the demand draft to the council.
Ans : Yes. Half marks (0.5) will be deducted for each incorrect marked answer.
Ans : Yes. Final selection is done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the skill tests conducted by institutes.