SSC CHSL Result 2020: Staff Selection Commission releases the results of the CHSL exam at the official website ssc.nic.in. Currently, the results of the SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 2 exam are declared and the same can be checked from the links provided in this page. On the other hand, SSC CHSL Results 2020 for each tier is releasing after the exam. Candidates can check the result by visiting the website and logging in with the help of roll number and name. The selection procedure consists of a computer-based test in Tier-1, a descriptive written exam in Tier-2, and a skill test in Tier-3 following which appointments are made after the document verification stage. To know more about SSC CHSL Result 2020, read the article till the end.
Latest: SSC has released the revised exam date of the CHSL Tier I exam.
SSC CHSL Result 2020
The final SSC CHSL result indicates those who qualify for an appointment. The pay scale at which qualifying candidates are appointed is Rs. 5200-20200. The Commission announces the tentative vacancies beforehand. Below is the schedule for all the dates related to SSC CHSL Result 2020.
|Important Event||SSC CHSL 2020||SSC CHSL 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Date||12 -16 Oct 2020|
19-21 & 26 Oct 2020
|SSC CHSL Result 2020 Tier 1||To be announced||–|
|SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Date|
To be announced
|SSC CHSL Result 2020 Tier 2||To be announced||25 Feb 2020|
|Declaration of SSC CHSL Final Result||To be announced||To be announced|
Check Result Here:
- Click here to check SSC CHSL 2019 Result Tier 2 for posts of DEO in other than C&AG (List 1).
- Click here to check SSC CHSL 2019 Result Tier 2 for posts of DEO in C&AG (List 2).
- Click here to check SSC CHSL 2019 Result Tier 2 for posts of PA, SA, JSA, LDC, etc (List 3).
- Click here to get the SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 2 Cut-Off Marks.
How to Download Merit List After SSC CHSL Result 2020?
The merit list is the list all the shortlisted candidates who are eligible to appear in the next level of the selection procedure. Below are the steps to download the SSC CHSL Merit List.
1st step: Visit the official website of SSC or click on the direct link given in this page.
2nd step: Now, click on the Result tab on the home page of the official website. Refer to the image given below.
3rd step: Now, click on the “CHSL” tab in the result button.
4th step: The list of all the results of CHSL will be given there. Find your particular exam nam and the year of exam.
5th step: Now, click on the “Result” link in front of the name of the exam.
6th step: The PDF file of the exam will appear on the screen. Find your name in the list now.
How to Check SSC CHSL Result?
The SSC CHSL Result 2020 is available on the official website of SSC only. Below are the steps candidates can follow to check their individual scorecards.
1st step: Go to the official website of SSC.
2nd step: CLick on the result button in the upper right.
3rd step: Here, click on the tab named “CHSL”.
4th step: Further, find the name and year of your corresponding exam.
5th step: Click on the link given for individual result.
6th step: The login section will appear on the screen. Fill the login details and click on the submit button.
7th step: The mark sheet will appear on the screen.
Tie Breaking Criteria in SSC CHSL Result 2020
There can be cases when two or more candidates may score marks equal to each other. In such cases, the tie-breaking rule which is witten below are taken into consideration:
- Firstly, the marks scored in the exam are considered.
- Then, date of birth of the candidates is considered. The candidates older in age is given preference.
- If the tie still persists, the name of the candidates in alphabetical order is considered.
Normalisation Process in SSC CHSL Resullt 2020
The marks calculated through the official answer key is further normalised because the exam in conducted various shifts. Below is the normalisation process for the exam.
Candidates must refer to the cut-off marks declared by the commission in previous years and make it target to score in the exams. The cut-off for this year is likely to be higher than the previous year cut-offs. Refer below and get the idea of it.
Below is the cut-off for the tier-1 for previous years:
Check the cut-offs for previous years for the Tier-2 exam.
Below are the cut-offs for the tier-3 skill test exam for the last years.
The selection procedure has defined by the commission. Check below the procedure of selection for the Combined Senior Secondary Level Exam:
- Tier-1: Computer Based Test: The tier-1 exam is an objective type exam of 1 hour. There will be 100 questions of 2 marks each. The wrong answers will also have a negative marking of 0.5 marks. The candidates who clear the cut-off marks qualify the exam and are eligible to appear in the next level.
- Tier-2: Written Test: The candidates who clear the Tier-1 exam are eligible to appear in the written exam. The candidates will have 1 hour to write the answers. Candidates can attempt the questions in ether Hindi language or Eglish Language. The question paper will have a question an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test: The candidates who clear the written exam are called for the typing/skill test. Below is the scheme to qualify the exam.
|Skill test||DEO||8000 key depressions per hour||15 minutes|
|Skill test||DEO in C&AG||15000 key depressions per hour||15 minutes|
|Typing test||LDC, JSA, PA, SA||35 wpm (English) or 30 wpm (Hindi)||10 minutes|
- Document Verification: The candidates who clear the skill test are called for document verification round. The eligibility criteria is verified with the documents. Below is the documents that the candidates must take to the verification round.
- Post Preference: The candidate need to detemine the preference of post for allotment during the round of document verfiications.
- Final Allotment: The candidates are allotted posts on the basis vacancies. The merit lsit for the final allotment is prepared while considering result of Tier-1 and Tier-2 and the preference of post.
- Physical Efficiency Test, Physical and Medical Standard: Board of Officers, appointed by HQ, Director General Border Roads conducts PET at GREF centre or respective recruitment centre. It is only for LDC in Border Roads Organization.
Pay Scale After SSC CHSL Result 2020
Below is the pay scale (salary and emoluments) for the posts notified in the SSC CHSL 2020. It is important for candidates to be aware of their pay scale before joining. With this in mind, Staff Selection Commission provides it in notification only.
Pay Band 1: ₹ 5200-20200
- LDC and JSC: ₹ 1900 (pre-revised)
- PA, SA, DEO: ₹ 2400 (pre-revised)
SSC CHSL Result Analysis
Once again candidates are shortlisted on the basis of the result of SSC CHSL 2020. Candidates should get overall minimum marks (cut off) in Tier 1 + Tier 2. Only then they can appear in Tier 3. Staff Selection Commission publishes separate lists for SSC CHSL (10+2+ LDC/DEO/PA/SA/JSA Tier 2 Result. They are three, one each for candidates who can appear in DV and skill test for DEO post in C&AG, DEO post in departments besides C&AG, LDC/JSC and PA/SA.
Number of candidates qualified: Will be available with result. In the meantime you can check past year statistics.
- 2015-2016: 5766 qualified for DEST for DEO in C&AG. 344 qualified for skill test for DEO in departments other than C&AG. 41326 qualified for Typing Test for PA/SA/LDC/Court Clerk.
- 2016-2017: 6446 qualified for DEO. 43856 qualified for Typing Test for PA/SA/LDC
- 2017-2018: 1427 qualified for Skill Test for DEO in C&AG. 229 qualified for DEST and DV for DEO in other departments. 33967 qualified for Typing Test and DV for PA/SA/LDC/JSA,
About SSC CHSL
The staff service commission conducts the exam for combines higher secondary level for the candidates with 10+2 passing certificate. The candidate who applies for this exam goes through 4 stages of the selection process. The candidate who clears the 1st tier objective exam is eligible to appear in the 2nd tier (written exam). The Tier-1 exam consists of 100 MCQ questions of 2 marks each. There is also negative marking of 0.5 marks in the tier-1 exam. The time taken in the recruitment process overall is reportedly 2 year. Candidates from all across India compete in it for various posts in ministries and departments in Govt of India.
SSC CHSL 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Your SSC CHSL result will be available online. Checking the result can be done in following steps.
Ans : The SSC CHSL result only shows the qualifying status of the candidate in the exam. However, candidates can log in to the candidate portal and check their marks. Please note that list of candidates with marks are published few days after result. Also, the login to check marks remain active for a short period of time over the official website of SSC (ssc.nic.in).
The selection through SSC CHSL includes three tiers. These are as follows:
Ans : Firstly, the score in Tier 2 is considered. If the tie isn't resolved then the candidate who is older gets the preference. If the tie is still not resolved, the name of the candidates in alphabetical order is considered.