SSC CHSL Result 2016 – 2017 is announced in three stages. SSC CHSL Tier I Result of computer based exam held from January 07, 2017 to February 08, 2017 indicates the roll numbers of candidates who have qualified for Descriptive Paper. Candidates whose names are included in SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Result can attend skill test and typing test depending upon post for which they have appeared (LDC – Lower Division Clerk, DEO – Data Entry Operator, PA / SA – Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk). Final SSC CHSL 2017 Result indicates the details of candidates who are selected for recruitment by the Staff Selection Commission. Candidates can check here all the SSC CHSL 2016 – 2017 Result.
SSC CHSL Latest News: Answer key for SSC CHSL 2016 Tier-I is now available – Check Here.
Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2017 is being held to recruit candidates for the posts of LDC, DEO, PA, SA. SSC CHSL Result and Cut Off are declared by the Staff Selection Commission. Declaration of tier 1 exam result of SSC CHSL 2016 (10+2) LDC DEO PA / SA exam is followed by descriptive test; skill test and typing test.
|S.N.||SSC CHSL 2016 – 2017 Exam||SSC CHSL Result 2017|
|1||Tier 1 Exam||January 07, 2017 to February 08, 2017|
|2||Tier 1 Result||Mar 2017|
|3||Tier 2 / Descriptive Paper||June 25, 2017|
|4||Tier 2 Result||June / July 2017|
|5||Skill Test / Typing Test||June / July 2017|
|6||Final Result||August / September 2017|
SSC CHSL Result 2016 – 2017
SSC CHSL 2016-2017 Tier exam is held from January 07, 2017 to February 08, 2017. SSC LDC Result 2017 qualified candidates will appear for descriptive test followed by typing test, SSC DEO Result and SSC PA / SA Result qualified candidates will appear for descriptive test, skill test. After declaration of SSC CHSL Tier 1 result, candidate can download SSC CHSL 2017 admit card for next stage of selection.
SSC 10+2 Result: Link to view SSC CHSL Tier 1 Result will be made available here once its announced by the commission.
SSC CHSL Cut Offs Minimum marks scored by candidates to have qualified for next round / final selection is indicated in the SSC CHSL Cut Offs. Round wise and category wise cut offs are given on the cut offs page.
Click Here for SSC CHSL Cut Offs.
Descriptive Paper: SSC will also conducted Paper II of descriptive nature of 100 marks to assess the writing skills for qualified candidates. The minimum marks to qualify in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator: The skill test will be taken on computer. The ‘Data Entry Speed’ Skill Test would be qualifying in nature. Only such candidates who qualify in the skill test at a speed of not less than 8,000 key depressions per hour will be eligible for being recommended for appointment as per their position in the merit list.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and LDCs: The Typing test will be taken on computer. Typing test will be qualifying in the nature and will be conducted only in English or in Hindi.
- English Typing @ 35 w.p.m.
- Hindi Typing @ 30 w.p.m.
The official website where SSC CHSL 2017 Result is announced is ssc.nic.in.
Books recommended for SSC CHSL (LDC DEO)
|SSC Solved Papers Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Data Entry Operator & Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Exam||Buy Online|
|SSC CHSL 10+2 DEO/LDC/PA/SA Exam – Self study Guide+Practice Work Book by Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran||Buy Online|
|SSC 10+2 Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 101 Speed Tests with Success Guarantee||Buy Online|
|15 Practice Sets SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Data Entry Operator, Lower Division Clerk (LDC) & Postal/Sorting Assistant Examination||Buy Online|
|SSC CHSL Question Bank for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exams Clerk Grade LDC Data Entry Operator Stenographer ‘C’ & ‘D’ & Analogous posts (Hindi)||Buy Online|
|SSC CHSL Question Bank for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exams Clerk Grade (LDC): Data Entry Operator Stenographer ‘C’ and ‘D’ and Analogous Posts||Buy Online|
|Manorama Yearbook||Buy Online|
|SSC Mock Test (10+2), Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination: Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk||Buy Online|
Cut off of SSC LDC DEO (10+2) Examination
The commission fixes SSC CHSL (LDC and DEO) cut offs for separate categories. Such candidates who obtain marks more than the cut off of SSC CHSL shall be declared as qualified provisionally for typing test for LDC and skill test for Data Entry Operator. The SSC LDC DEO (10+2) cut offs are as follows.
|SSC CHSL 2015 Cut Off for Descriptive Paper||119.00||99.00||89.50||110.00|
|SSC CHSL 2014 DEO Cut Off for Descriptive Paper||120.25||94.75||85.75||107.50|
|SSC CHSL 2013 LDC Cut Off for Typing Test||122.50||100.25||88.25||111|
|SSC CHSL 2013 DEO Cut Off for Skill Test||127||104||95||116.5|
|SSC CHSL 2012 LDC Cut Off for Typing Test||117||97||90||110|
|SSC CHSL 2012 DEO Cut Off for Skill Test||129||109||101||120|
|SSC CHSL 2011 LDC Cut Off for Typing Test||107.5||86||69.25||103|
|SSC CHSL 2011 DEO Cut Off for Skill Test||111.75||96.25||90||106.5|
Cut off for SSC CHSL for LDC and DEO are announced by the Staff Selection Commission at the time of results declaration.
SSC CHSL Result 2017 – Complete Information
SSC CHSL (LDC DEO) 2016 Result 2017 is published separately for the three stages of selection – Examination, Descriptive Paper, Typing test / skill test. Relevance of each result is as follows.
- SSC CHSL Result 2017 of examination held in January and February indicates roll numbers of candidates who have been shortlisted for descriptive paper.
- SSC CHSL Result 2017 of descriptive examination held in April indicates roll numbers of candidates who have been shortlisted for skill test and typing test.
- SSC CHSL Result 2017 Final will be done after skill tests and typing tests are held. Final result will indicate candidates shortlisted for recruitment to the notified posts.
About the written examination and marking scheme
SSC CHSL (LDC DEO PA SA) exam consisted of 200 questions. For incorrect answers, 0.50 marks is deducted.
How to Check Result of SSC CHSL 2016-2017 LDC DEO (10+2)?
Staff Selection Commission publishes all the results on its official website ssc.nic.in. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can check their SSC LDC Result 2017, SSC DEO Result 2017, SSC PA / SA Result 2016-2017 online by following the simple steps given here.
- Visit the official website ssc.nic.in.
- Navigate to Result link given in top menu. Here you will get SSC CGL Result, SSC CHSL Result, SSC Steno C D Result, SSC JE Result, SSC CAPF Result, SSC GD Constable Result, SSC JHT Result, and other results of the Commission.
- Click on the CHSL tab. You will reach the page where all results related to SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination is published.
- If the CHSL 2016 result is announced you will be able to see the texts.
- Click on result link against these columns to check list of roll numbers of candidates who have been shortlisted.
- Click on write up / cutoff marks link to know the highlights of result statistics, and cut off marks.
Alternately, you can skip the above steps and simply click on the results links given on this page to directly view the results.
Significance of SSC CHSL Result 2017
More than 3 million candidates appear for the SSC CHSL examination. Each candidate aspires to get a Govt Job. Result of SSC CHSL 2017 is an important stage that determines merit for recruitment to the posts advertised by the Staff Selection Commission.
- SSC conducts CHSL computer based exam. This exam has multiple choice type questions, asked on General intelligence, English language, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness.
- The Commission determines SSC CHSL Cut Off for LDC, DEO, and this time for PA / SA, court clerk as well.
- Candidates who obtain marks more than the qualifying cut off marks are declared in the SSC CHSL Result 2016-2017 of Examination.
- Qualified candidates are issued admit cards for next rounds – descriptive paper, typing test, skill test.
- Candidates appear for Descriptive Paper, Skill Test and Typing Test.
- Those who qualify these rounds are declared as selected for recruitment in the Final SSC CHSL Result 2017.
Pay of the Posts
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB -1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Court Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Tentatively the vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerk are 3281, 1321, 506 and 26 respectively.
After SSC CHSL Tier 1 Result 2017 is Declared
The exam will be followed by Descriptive Test and Skill Test & Typing Test.
- Descriptive Paper will be for all candidates shortlisted based on written examination.
- Paper II is of descriptive nature of 100 marks.
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200 – 250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150 – 200 words.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
About Skill Test
- Skill Test will be for DEO aspirants.
- Data Entry Speed of 8000 (eight thousand) key depressions per hour on computer is required.
About Typing Test
- Typing Test will be for LDC, PA, SA aspirants.
- Typing Test will ne in English or Hindi, as opted for by the candidate.
- English medium typing test will require typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Hindi medium typing test will require typing speed of 30 words per minute.
After SSC CHSL Tier 2 Result 2017 is Declared
Qualified candidates will attend skill tests based on posts they have applied for.
About Skill test for Data Entry Operator
- Candidate needs to have and present 8,000 key depressions per hour.
- Duration of test will be 15 minutes.
- Speed of 8000 kdph will be adjusted as per number of correct entries.
About Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant Lower Division Clerks and Court Clerk
- Candidates who have opted for English typing test will have to type given matter in english language in speed 35 words per minute.
- For hindi language opted candidates the matter will be in hindi to be typed at 30 words per minute.
DEST is qualifying in nature only which means that ultimately merit list of qualified candidates will be on the basis of Tier 1 and Tier 2 results.
If you have any queries regarding SSC CHSL Result 2016 – 2017, please ask in comments below.SSC CHSL Complete Information