SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) compiles the Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Syllabus for aspiring candidates. Candidates can get the official SSC CHSL 2022 syllabus pdf from ssc.nic.in.The candidates aspiring to prepare for the SSC CHSL exam 2022 are obligated to use the SSC CHSL syllabus and Exam pattern 2022 to start preparing for the exam. The syllabus and exam pattern are utilized for the preparation of SSC CHSL Exam 2022. CHSL exam is a three-tier exam Tier-1, Tier-2, and Tier-3. SSC CHSL Tier-1 is an Objective paper where candidates have to answer 100 questions. Tier-2 is a descriptive examination. Get all the details about SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022 comprises the topics that candidates are required to cover for the SSC CHSL 2022 exam. Here is the elaborate syllabus of all the tiers for the SSC CHSL exam:
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022 For Computer Based Exam (Tier-1)
Below is the detailed syllabus as conveyed by the commission for the Tier-1 exam that the test-taking people can check:
- Spot the Error,
- Fill in the Blanks,
- Synonyms/ Homonyms,
- Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words,
- Idioms & Phrases,
- One word substitution,
- Improvement of Sentences,
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs,
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration,
- Shuffling of Sentence parts,
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage,
- Cloze Passage,
- Comprehension Passage.
- Semantic Analogy,
- Symbolic operations,
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy,
- Space Orientation,
- Semantic Classification,
- Venn Diagrams,
- Symbolic/ Number Classification,
- Drawing inferences,
- Figural Classification,
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding,
- Semantic Series,
- Figural Pattern-folding and completion,
- Number Series,
- Embedded figures,
- Figural Series,
- Critical Thinking,
- Problem Solving,
- Emotional Intelligence,
- Word Building,
- Social Intelligence,
- Coding and de-coding,
- Other sub-topics,
- Number Systems:
- Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Interest (Simple and Compound),
- Profit and Loss,
- Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Allegation,
- Time and distance,
- Time and work.
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and
- Elementary surds (simple problems) and
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Circle and its chords,
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle,
- Common tangents to two or more circles.
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone,
- Right Circular
- Rectangular Parallelepiped,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometric ratios
- Complementary angles
- Height and distances (simple problems only)
- Standard Identities
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs:
- Frequency polygon,
This section will check the candidate’s knowledge about the current affairs pertaining to the following topics:
- Economic Scene,
- General policy and
- scientific research.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022 is necessary to be checked thoroughly for preparation of the exam. Candidates must check the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022 here.
Tier I: Computer Based Examination
- Mode of the examination: Computer Based Examination
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice of questions
- Language: Bilingual
- Total number of questions: 100
- Total number of marks: 200
- Marking scheme:
- +2 for each correct answer
- -0.50 for each incorrect answer
|Part||Subject||Number of questions/Maximum Marks||Time duration (For all four parts)|
|I||English Language||25/50||1 hour |
20 minutes extra for candidates eligible for scribe
Tier II: Descriptive Paper
- Mode of the examination: Pen & Paper mode
- Type of questions: Descriptive
- Language: Bilingual
- Total number of marks: 100
- Qualifying marks: 33 per cent
|Type of question||Words|
|Essay writing||200 – 250 words|
|Letter / Application Writing||150 – 200 words|
Tier III: Skill Test/Typing Test
The skill test/typing test is conducted for different posts of the exam. Skill test/Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where regional offices of the commission are located by the commission.
- Skill test is conducted for Data Entry Operator
- Typing test is conducted for LDC/JSA and Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant.
|Skill Test for DEO||Data entry speed of 8000 key |
depressions per hour on the computer
|Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC, Court Clerk||35 WPM for English, 30 WPM for Hindi|
Note: Tier III will only be qualifying in nature.
Suggested Books to Cover SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022
Below are some suggested books candidates can refer to in preparing for the exam of SSC CHSL 2022:
(i) For Tier-1 Exam:
|Name of the Book||Link|
|20 Practice Sets Staff Selection Commission (SSC) 10+2 CHSL |
(Tier-I) Recruitment Exam
|SSC (10+2) Guide Combined Higher Secondary||Click Here|
|SSC CHSL (10+2) Solved Papers Combined Higher Secondary (Hindi)||Click Here|
|SSC – CHSL (10+2) Guide for DEO, LDC & Postal/ Sorting Assistant Online Exam||Click Here|
(ii) For Tier-2 Exam:
|Name OF Books||Links|
|SSC CHSL Tier-II Descriptive Exam Practice Work Book (Hindi)||Click Here|
|SSC CHSL & MTS Tier-II Descriptive Exam Essay & |
Letter Writing Paper Work Book – 2110
|SSC CHSL Tier-II Descriptive Exam Practice Work Book – 2095 (Hindi)||Click Here|
About SSC CHSL
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) directs the Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) examination. SSC CHSL Exam is conducted every year at national level. Candidates need to be above the age of 18 years old to apply for this exam. They are required to be 12th passed for the educational eligibility criteria of the SSC CHSL 2022 Exam.
Ans: SSC Tier I is an objective exam while SSC Tier II is a descriptive exam.
Ans: There are a total of three exam stages in the SSC CHSL Exam. Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking -0.50 in SSC CHsl tier I exam.