SSC CHSL 2017 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC CHSL Exam every year for the recruitment of various post in the variousMinistries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. The Combine Higher Secondary Level (10+2) exam will consist of 3 Tiers. Tier 1 following it, Tier 2 & Tier 3. The Commission is conducting SSC CHSL for huge no of vacancies every year. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of final merit list, which will be prepared as per the performance in Tier 1 and 2. Get here complete details of SSC CHSL Exam.
SSC CHSL Exam
The vacancies under SSC CHSL are for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operator(DEO). It should be noted that this year there is no vacancy for DEO Grade “A”. Candidates can check all the important dates for SSC CHSL 2017 from the table below and the details vacancies can be checked by reading further.
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2017||04 to 26 Mar 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam 2017||08 Jul 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2018||Mar 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam 2018||Jul 2019|
SSC CHSL Exam Eligibility Criteria
You are eligible to appear in SSC 10+2 Exam only if you fulfill eligibility criteria. Expected eligibility criteria are as follows.
Candidate is either citizen of India or subject of Nepal / Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidate should be between 18 to 27 years old as on 01 January. Check age relaxation here.
Candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Also referred to as scheme of examination, exam pattern refers to subjects in SSC 10+2 Exam, marking scheme, mode of exam. Given below is expected exam pattern. As soon as notification releases, the actual pattern for CHSL will be updated.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 1
Name of the exam: SSC CHSL Tier 1
Mode: Computer-based test
Duration: 60 minutes but 80 minutes for VH / PH candidates
Number of Questions: 100
Maximum marks: 200
Types of questions: Objective (multiple choice)
Negative marking: 0.5
Note: The questions for Part I, III & IV will be provided in Hindi and English Language.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 2
Name of the exam: SSC CHSL Tier 2
Mode: Pen and Paper based
Duration: 60 minutes
Maximum marks: 100
Types of questions: Descriptive
|Type of question||Words|
|Essay writing||200 – 250 words|
|Letter / Application Writing||150 – 200 words|
Note: The candidates are to attempt the paper in Hindi or English Language.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 3
Nature: Skill Test
|Skill Test for DEO||Data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer|
|Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC, Court Clerk||35 WPM for English, 30 WPM for Hindi|
Note: The Tier III will only be qualifying in nature.
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus
Knowing syllabus of SSC CHSL is a key part of doing well in the exam. SSC 10+2 Exam Syllabus contains topics on which questions are asked in the exam.
General Intelligence (Verbal, Non-Verbal)
- Coding and decoding
- Critical Thinking
- Drawing inferences
- Embedded figures
- Emotional Intelligence
- Figural Analogy
- Figural Classification
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Figural Series
- Number Series
- Numerical operations.
- Problem Solving
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Semantic Series
- Social Intelligence
- Space Orientation
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Building
- Active / Passive Voice of Verbs
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Conversion into Direct / Indirect narration
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Improvement of Sentences
- One word substitution
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Spellings / Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Spot the Error
- Synonyms / Homonyms
- Algebra: basic algebraic identities, elementary surds (simple problems), graphs of linear equations.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: percentages, ratio, and proportion, square roots, averages, interest (simple and compound), profit and loss, discount, partnership business, mixture and allegation, time and distance, time and work.
- Geometry: triangle, congruence, and similarity of triangles, circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: triangle, quadrilaterals, regular polygons, circle, right prism, right circular cone, right circular cylinder, sphere, hemispheres, rectangular parallelepiped, the regular right pyramid with the triangular or square base
- Number Systems: computation of whole number, decimal, and fractions, the relationship between numbers
- Statistical Charts: histogram, frequency polygon, bar- diagram, pie-chart
- Trigonometry: trigonometry, trigonometric ratios, complementary angles, height and distances, standard identities.
- General awareness of the environment around oneself and its application to society
- Knowledge of current events
- Matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects
- History, culture, geography, economic scene, general policy, scientific research of India and its neighboring countries
SSC CHSL Exam Cut Off
A cut off will be fixed separately for Tier 1, 2, 3. SSC CHSL 2017 Cut Off will be announced with each result. You can check past year cutoffs to get an idea of statistics.
Following are SSC CHSL 2016 cutoffs.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Cut Off
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Cut Off – Candidates qualified for Data Entry Skill Test for DEO in CAG
|Category||Cut Off Marks in Paper I+II|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Cut Off – Candidates qualified for Typing Test for Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant / LDC / Court Clerk
|Category||Cut Off Marks in Paper II|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Cut Off – Candidates qualified for Data Entry Skill Test for DEO in Deptt. Other than CAG
|Category||Cut Off Marks in Paper I+II|