Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released the notification for eligible candidates through the proforma Application form on its official website opsconline.gov.in. Odisha Civil Services Examination, 2017-18 will be held for recruitment to 106 Post of Odisha Finance Service, Group-A (JB), Odisha Police Service, Odisha Revenue Service, Odisha Co-operative Service, Odisha Taxation & Account Service. Odisha Civil Service Examination has the scale of pay of Rs. 44,900-56,100/- carrying with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017-18
Earlier the exam date was December 24, 2017, However, now that the application deadline has been extended until January 2018, the new exam date will be announced soon. Check the latest dates for OAS Recruitment 2018 from tha table below.
|Availability of Application form||30 Nov 2017|
|Closing Date||30 Dec 2017|
|Last date for fee payment||03 Jan 2018|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||to be announced|
|Date of Main Examination||to be announced|
Odisha Civil Services Vacancy Details
|S.No.||Post/Service||Scale of Pay|
|1||Odisha Administrative Service, Group-A (JB)||Rs. 56,100/- in Level-12-Cell-1 in the 1st schedule of Pay Matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017|
|2||Odisha Police Service, Group-A (JB)||Rs. 56,100/- in Level-12-Cell-1 in the 1st schedule of Pay Matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017|
|3||Odisha Finance Service, Group-A (JB)||Rs. 56,100/- in Level-12-Cell-1 in the 1st schedule of Pay Matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017|
|1||Odisha Co-operative Service, Group-B||Rs. 44,900/- in Level-12-Cell-1 in the 1st schedule of Pay Matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017|
|2||Odisha Revenue Service, Group-B||Rs. 44,900/- in Level-12-Cell-1 in the 1st schedule of Pay Matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017|
|3||Odisha Taxation & Account Service, Group-B||Rs. 44,900/- in Level-12-Cell-1 in the 1st schedule of Pay Matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017|
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
- A candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on the 1 January 2017, i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2 January 1985 and not later than 1 January 1996.
- The Candidates, only those, who have appeared in OCSE-2015 and OCSE-2016 shall be allowed one compensatory attempt in the OCSE-2017, irrespective of their age.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- He/she must be able to read, write and speak Odia and have-
- passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- passed High School Certificate or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in a non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII from a School or educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
- passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination:
- Provided that the State Government may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the Personal Law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Government Servants, whether permanent or temporary, are eligible to appear at the Examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-7 of the Advertisement. However, they are required to submit an undertaking to the effect that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office /Department that they have applied for the Examination. Further, they will be required to enclose an attested copy of the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the competent authority with the Hard copy of Online Application Form to be submitted after qualifying in the Preliminary Written Examination for appearing at the Main Written Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/ appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
- If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/ chance(s).
- Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfill other eligibility conditions by the closing date of online applications will be considered eligible.
- The period of probation will be applicable as prescribed m the recruitment rules of different services.
- A candidate must be in good mental condition and body healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/Post. A candidate, who, after such medical examination, as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements, will not be appointed.
Number attempts for OAS 2017
A total number of 4 attempts will be permitted to any candidate to appear for the civil service exam. Candidates belonging to SC/ST will not have any limitations. However, candidates who belong to socially and educationally backward class who are otherwise eligible will be allowed 7 attempts. Candidates who appear for any paper will be counted as an attempt. A student who has appeared for 2015 exam & 2016 exam back to back will be allowed an extra compensatory attempt in OCSE 2017.
Odisha Civil Services Application Form 2017-18
Before filling up the form in OPSC please ensure you have valid e-Mail ID, soft copy of your recent passport size photograph, scanned copy of signature and Left Thumb Impression.
Candidates must apply online through the website opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility before filling the online application.
On successful submission of Odisha Civil Services online application form, a UNIQUE REGISTRATION ID Number will be generated and displayed on the screen as well as the top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID Number and use it in future correspondence.
Examination Fee- Rs. 300/- non-refundable.
Document to be Submitted along with the Application Form
The candidates who will qualify the Preliminary examination should be in readiness to submit the Hard copy of Online Application Form, along with true copies of the following documents duly self-certified.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Intermediate/+2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate issued by the concerned University;
- Certificate of any other higher qualification(s) issued by the University /Institution;
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C./S.T./S.E.B.C., wherever applicable
- Required Odia Test Pass Certificate from the competent authority, wherever applicable
- Identity Card/Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board or Zilla Sainik Board, wherever applicable.
- Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable.
- Disability certificate issued by the Medical Board.
- Certificate of good character from the Principal/Proctor/ Dean or Professor in charge of Department of Teaching of the College or University/ Institution in which last studied.
- Two recent passport size photographs with signature on its front, which is uploaded in the online application form.
- OPSC copy of challan (pay in slip) for payment of fee at SBI.
Exam Zones for OAS 2017
There are 5 state zonal centres for the Odisha Civil Services Prelims & Mains Examination. The zonal centres are Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur. Applicants during the registration process will be required to choose an exam zone for appearing in the exam. Zones once submitted will not be changed.
Admit Card For OAS 2017
The admit card which is also referred to as admission certificate will be uploaded on the official website prior to the exam. The admit card will not be available in any other mode. Candidates will be notified about the date & programe for all the stages on the official website as well as the newspapers. Separate admit cards will be issued for all the stages of the exam.
Candidates will have to login into the portal to download their call letters. They will have to enter their unique registration id along with their date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy) to download the admission letter. It is mandatory that the candidate carries their admit card on the day of exam or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates who qualify prelims will be the only ones who will be able to download their mains admit card.
OAS Examination Scheme 2017
The civil services exam will be conducted in three stages namely Preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview or personality test.
The preliminary exam will comprise of two papers. Both papers will be objective type exams. Each exam will be of 2 hours. The paper-II of the prelims will be a General studies exam which will be a qualifying exam. Candidates need to score 33% marks to qualify the exam. Both the papers will be of 200 marks. Candidates who qualify the prelims will be called for the main exam
|Paper – I||Paper – II|
The main exam of the OCSE will comprise of questions from Odia language, English, English essay, General studies I & II and 2 optional subjects. It will be a 3 hours exam for each paper.
The total marks for the compulsory papers will be 1400. Whereas, the optional papers based on the two subjects selected by the candidates. Two papers for each subject of 300 marks. The total marks for the optional papers will be of 1200 marks.
|Compulsory Papers – 1400 Marks|
|Paper I||Odia Language||300 Marks|
|Paper II||English||300 Marks|
|Paper III||English Essay||300 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies-I||300 Marks|
|Paper V||General Studies-II||300 Marks|
|Optional Papers (2 Subjects) – 1200 Marks|
|Paper VI||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper VII||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper VIII||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper IX||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
Candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying exam in the main exam will qualify for the personal interview round. The objective of this round is to test the mental caliber of the candidate.
List Of Optional Subjects For OAS Mains Exam 2017
Candidates can choose their optional subjects from the list of subjects mentioned below.
|List Of Optional Subjects For OAS Mains Exam 2017|
|Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Agricultural Engineering, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce & Accountancy, Electrical Engineering, Fisheries Science, Education, Economics, Forestry, Home Science, History, Geology, Geography, Indian Language & Literature, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Management, Political Science, Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Mathematics|
OAS Result 2017
The result for all the stages of the OPSC OAS 2017 exam will be announced in the online mode. Separate results will be announced for the different stages of the recruitment process. The result for recruitment exam will be available in the pdf format and candidates will be able to view their personal scores on the portal by entering their unique registration id & date of birth. The final result of this state recruitment exam will be announced after the final personal interview round.
Physical Standards for OAS 2017
Candidates should note that they need to fulfill various standards as per the officials. The standard set height, chest girth to qualify for the Odisha Police Service. Please refer to the table below to get an idea about the set norms. However, please go through the advertisement released by OPSC to know detailed information about the physical standards.
|Men (UR/SESB/SC)||165 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Men (ST)||160 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Women (UR/SESB/SC)||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
|Women (ST)||145 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
To know more details about Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017-18 check – Advertisement