Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released notification from the eligible candidates through the proforma Application form on its official website opsconline.gov.in as per schedule. Odisha Civil Services Examination, 2016-17 is held for recruitment to 17 Post of Odisha Finance Service, Group-A (JB) for the year 2015 and 128 Posts of (i) Odisha Administrative Service, Group-A (JB) (ii) Odisha Finance Service, Group-A (JB) & (iii) Odisha Police Service, Group-A (JB) for the year 2016 coming under the Odisha Civil Police Service in the scale of pay of Rs. 15,600-39,100/- carrying Grade pay of Rs. 5400/-(PB-3) with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Latest – Admit Card of Odisha CS Main Exam 2016 – 2017 is now available to download.
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Question Papers||Click Here|
Odisha Civil Services Vacancy Details
|Vacancy for 2015|
|Name of the Post/Service||No. of
|No. of Posts reserved for|
|OFS-A (JB)||17 (05-w)||11 (04-w)||02||03 (1-w)||01|
|Vacancy for 2016|
|OAS-A (JB)||100 (34-w)||50 (17-w)||16 (5-w)||23 (8-w)||11 (4-w)|
|OFS-A (JB)||14 (03-w)||07 (02-w)||02||03 (1-w)||02|
|OPS-A (JB)||14 (03-w)||07 (02-w)||02||03 (1-w)||02|
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2016 – 2017
Only online application are invited from candidates for admission to the OCS preliminary written examination. After declaration of result of preliminary examination the candidate who qualify, will be required to submit the printout / hard copy of online application form, along with the photocopies of the other documents for consideration of their eligibility.
Schedule for the Odisha Civil Service Examination 2016-17 is given below.
|Availability of Application form||06 May 2016|
Closing Date (For ineligible candidates due to age)
|06 Jun 2016
04 Jul 2016
|Last date of fee payment
Last date of fee payment (For ineligible candidates due to age)
|09 Jun 2016
08 Jul 2016
|Date of Preliminary Examination||27 Nov 2016|
|Date of Main Examination||21 Mar 2017 to 18 Apr 2017|
Odisha Civil Services Application Form 2016 – 2017
Before filling up the form in OPSC please ensure you have valid e-Mail ID, soft copy of your recent passport size photograph, scanned copy of signature and Left Thumb Impression.
Candidates must apply online through the website opsconline .gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility before filling the online application.
On successful submission of Odisha Civil Services online application form, a UNIQUE REGISTRATION ID Number will be generated and displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID Number and use it in future correspondence.
At present, only the online applications are invited from Candidates for admission to the Odisha Civil Services Preliminary Written Examination.
- Last date to fill Odisha Civil Services Prelims Application Form is over.
Candidates who will qualify in the Preliminary Written Examination are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with Challan (OPSC copy) showing payment of examination fee and specified documents/ certificates etc, only by Registered Post or Speed Post to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001 so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before the prescribed date.
Document to be Submitted alongwith the Application Form
The candidates who will qualify in the Preliminary examination should be in readiness to submit the Hard copy of Online Application Form, along with true copies of the following documents duly self certified.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Intermediate/+2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate issued by the concerned University;
- Certificate of any other higher qualification(s) issued by the University /Institution;
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C./S.T./S.E.B.C., wherever applicable
- Required Odia Test Pass Certificate from the competent authority, wherever applicable
- Identity Card/Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board or Zilla Sainik Board, wherever applicable.
- Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable.
- Disability certificate issued by the Medical Board.
- Certificate of good character from the Principal/Proctor/ Dean or Professor in charge of Department of Teaching of the College or University/ Institution in which last studied.
- Two recent passport size photographs with signature on its front, which is uploaded in the online application form.
- OPSC copy of challan (pay in slip) for payment of fee at SBI.
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
For the year 2015 (OFS-A (JB) – A candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on the 1st January, 2015, i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1994.
For the year 2016 (OAS-A (JB), OFS-A (JB} & OPS-A(JB) – A candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on the lst January, 2016, i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1984 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
Other Eligibility Conditions
He/she must be able to read, write and speak Odia and have-
- passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject ; or
- passed High School Certificate or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII from a School or educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
- passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination:
- Provided that the State Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the Personal Law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
Government Servants, whether permanent or temporary, are eligible to appear at the Examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-7 of the Advertisement. However, they are required to submit an undertaking to the effect that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office /Department that they have applied for the Examination. Further, they will be required to enclose an attested copy of the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the competent authority with the Hard copy of Online Application Form to be submitted after qualifying in the Preliminary Written Examination for appearing at the Main Written Examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/ appearing at the examination , their applications will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/ chance(s).
Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfil other eligibility conditions by the closing date of online applications will be considered eligible.
The period of probation will be applicable as prescribed m the recruitment rules of different services.
A candidate must be of good mental condition and bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/Post. A candidate, who, after such medical examination, as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements, will not be appointed.
Odisha CSE Scheme of Examination
The Competitive Examination shall comprise as follows, namely:-
- Preliminary Examination,
- Main Examination,
- Personality Test or Interview.
The Preliminary Examination shall consist of two papers of objective type(Multiple choice questions} and each paper shall be of two hours duration. –
- Paper- I General Studies – 200 Marks
- Paper – II General Studies – 200 Marks
The Main Examination shall consist of the following papers and each paper shall be of three hours duration.
Compulsory papers – 1400 marks
- Paper I Odia Language – 300 Marks
- Paper II English – 300 Marks
- Paper Ill English Essay – 300 Marks
- Paper IV General Studies-I – 300 Marks
- Paper V General Studies-II – 300 Marks
Optional Papers (Paper VI,VII,VIII & IX) – 1200 marks.
Two subjects to be selected from the list of Optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers and each paper carrying 300 marks .
Personality Test or Interview shall carry – 250 Marks
Candidates who will qualify in the Preliminary Examination, shall be called by the Commission, to appear in the Main Examination. The qualifying marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be such as may be fixed by the Commission. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted for ranking. The Main Examination shall comprise Odia Language, English, English Essay, General Studies-I & II papers, two optional subjects having two papers each as prescribed in Scheduled-III.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion shall be called for personality test. The personality test or interview shall carry 250 Marks and no minimum qualifying marks for personality test or interview shall be fixed.
Total marks thus obtained by the candidates in the written examination and personality test or interview would determine their ranking. Candidates shall be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences indicated by them for various services.