Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021: OPSC has released the official notification for the Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021. The Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 notification is published on the official website, opsc.gov.in. The online application form for OCS prelims examination 2021-2021 is started on January 12, 2021. The last date to submit the online application form is February 18, 2021. However, the OCS mains examination of 2019 is not yet over. The main stage examination of Odisha Civil Services Examination 2019 for Psychology, Paper-II is scheduled for January 03, 2021. Odisha Public Service Commission has conducted the entrance examination for the recruitment to the posts and services that are under Odisha Civil Services (Group- A and Group- B). There are three stages i.e Preliminary examination, Main examination, and Personality Test or Interview. For more information regarding Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021, candidates can check this page.
Latest: Application form for Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 is now available. Apply Now.
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021
Candidates first have to appear for the Pre examination. Those candidates who qualified the pre exam are eligible to appear for the Main Exam. Check the latest dates for OCSE Recruitment 2020-2021 from the given table below.
|Event||Dates 2020||Dates 2019|
|Release of Application form||12 Jan 2021||13 Nov 2019|
|Last Date to submit application form||18 Feb 2021||10 Dec 2019|
|Last date for fee payment||11 Feb 2021||16 Dec 2019|
|Prelims Admit Card||to be announced||05 Mar 2020|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||to be announced||15 Mar 2020|
|Date of Preliminary Examination Result||to be announced||24 Jun 2020|
|Mains Admit Card||to be announced||28 Nov 2020|
|Date of Main Examination||to be announced|
07 Dec to 31 Dec 2020
03 Jan 2021
|Declaration of the main examination result||to be announced||to be announced|
|Conduction of Document |
verification and Personality Test
|to be announced||to be announced|
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 Notification
Odisha Public Service Commission has published the official notification for the Odisha Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020-2021. Get the direct link from below:
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
- Candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on the 1st day of January 2019, i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1998.
- The Candidates who have appeared in OCSE-2017 and OCSE-2018 shall be allowed as one compensatory attempt in the OCSE-2019 as a last chance.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- He/she must be able to read, write and speak Odia and have-
- passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- passed High School Certificate or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in a non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII from a School or educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
- passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination:
- Provided that the State Government may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the Personal Law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Government Servants, whether permanent or temporary, are eligible to appear at the Examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-7 of the Advertisement. However, they are required to submit an undertaking to the effect that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office /Department that they have applied for the Examination. Further, they are required to enclose an attested copy of the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the competent authority with the Hard copy of Online Application Form to be submitted after qualifying in the Preliminary Written Examination for appearing at the Main Written Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/ appearing at the examination, their applications are liable to be rejected/ candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she is not eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/ chance(s).
- Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfil other eligibility conditions by the closing date of online applications are considered eligible.
- The period of probation is applicable as prescribed for the recruitment rules of different services.
- A candidate must be in good mental condition and body healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/Post. A candidate, who, after such medical examination, as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements, is not appointed.
Odisha Civil Services Application Form 2020-2021
Candidates should fill the application form before the last date else they are rejected. Before filling the application form, candidates should have the valid e-mail Id and scanned copy of the passport size photograph, signature and Left Thumb Impression. The application form will be available on the official website i.e opsconline.gov.in. No other mode of the application form will be accepted. Candidates are advised to fill the application form in advance to avoid the last-minute rush. Firstly candidates have to fill the application form correctly. After the completion of the application form candidates have to upload their photograph, signature and thumb.
After the successful submission of Odisha Civil Services online application form, a UNIQUE REGISTRATION ID Number is generated and displayed on the screen as well as the top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID Number and use it in future correspondence.
Examination Fee- The non- refundable application fee is Rs. 500/-. Candidates those belongs from Scheduled Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and disability are not less than 40% are exempted to pay the application fee.
Document to be Submitted along with the Application Form
Candidates who qualify the Preliminary examination should have to submit the Hard copy of Online Application Form, along with true copies of the following documents duly self-certified.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate;
- Intermediate/+2 Examination Certificate;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate;
- Certificate of any other higher qualification(s);
- Caste Certificate for the claim of S.C./S.T./S.E.B.C., (wherever applicable)
- Required Odia Test Pass Certificate from the competent authority, (wherever applicable)
- Identity Card/Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board or Zilla Sainik Board, (wherever applicable).
- Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable.
- Disability certificate issued by the Medical Board.
- Certificate of good character from the Principal/Proctor/ Dean or Professor in charge of Department of Teaching of the College or University/ Institution in which last studied.
- Two recent passport size photographs with signature on its front, which is uploaded in the online application form.
- OPSC copy of challan (pay in slip) for payment of fee at SBI.
OPSC OCS Mains Exam 2020-2021
Notice relating to the conduct of Psychology, Paper-II Examination of OCS (Main)-2019
The OCS Main Examination 2020 Psychology, Paper-II which was scheduled for December 15, 2020 stands postponed and will now be conducted on January 03, 2021.
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 Admit Card
The admit card of the OCS examination is uploaded on the official website and it is prior to the exam. The admit card is also referred as admission certificate. No admit card is sent in any other mode. To download the admit card candidates needs their login details. They have to enter their unique registration id along with their date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy) to download the admission letter. Candidates are notified about the date for all the stages on the official website as well as through newspapers. Separate admit cards are issued for all the stages of the exam.
It is mandatory for every candidate to carries their admit card on the day of examination else they are not allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates who qualify the prelims examination, only those candidates are able to download their mains admit card.
Exam Zones for Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021
For both Preliminary and Main Examination will be held at five Zonal Centers of the state. The zonal centres are Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur. Applicants during the registration process are required to choose an exam zone for appearing in the exam. Zones once submitted can not be changed.
Number attempts for OCS 2020-2021
A total number of 4 attempts are permitted to any candidate to appear for the civil service exam. Candidates belonging to SC/ST have any limitations. However, candidates who belong to socially and educationally backward class who are otherwise eligible are allowed 7 attempts. Candidates who appear for any paper is counted as an attempt. A student who has appeared for 2017 exam & 2018 exam back to back is allowed an extra compensatory attempt in OCSE 2020-2021. No further attempt to appear the OCS Examination shall be allowed in Future.
OCS Examination Scheme 2020-2021
The civil services examination is conducted in three stages such as Preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview or personality test. Candidates can check the examination scheme for all the three stages which is given below:
First stage is the preliminary exam and it comprises of two papers. Both the papers contain the objective type questions. The duration of each examination is of 2 hours. Candidates need to score 33% marks to qualify for the exam. The prelims paper-II is a General studies exam which is a qualifying exam. Both the papers is of 200 marks. Candidates who qualify the prelims are called for the main exam.
Syllabus for Prelims exam:
|Paper – I||Paper – II|
The question paper of main exam of the OCSE is from Odia language, English, English essay, General studies I & II and 2 optional subjects. Every paper is of 3 hours. The total marks for all the compulsory papers are 1400. Whereas, the optional papers is selected by the candidates and they have to select two subjects. Two papers for each subject of 300 marks. The total marks for the optional papers is of 1200 marks.
Syllabus for Mains Exam:
|Compulsory Papers – 1400 Marks|
|Paper I||Odia Language||300 Marks|
|Paper II||English||300 Marks|
|Paper III||English Essay||200 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies-I||300 Marks|
|Paper V||General Studies-II||300 Marks|
|Optional Papers (2 Subjects) – 1200 Marks|
|Paper VI||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper VII||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper VIII||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper IX||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
List Of Optional Subjects For OAS Mains Exam
Candidates can choose their optional subjects from the list of subjects mentioned below.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Fisheries Science
- Home Science
- Indian Language & Literature
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science
- Public Administration
Candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying exam in the main exam qualify for the personal interview round. The objective of this round is to test the mental caliber of the candidate.
Preparation Tips for OPSC OAS Exam 2020-2021
Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the Odisha Administrative Service Examination. Each year several candidates send their representations for OAS exam. To stay ahead of the competitors, candidates must work hard to crack this exam in in first attempt. Here are some preparation tips for OPSC OAS exam.
Tip #1: The most important resource to start the preparation is syllabus and exam pattern. After candidates now the OPSC OAS syllabus and scheme of examination they can start their preparation. This helps to give their preparation in the right direction.
Tip #2: Once candidates have sorted the syllabus, they must seek right guidance. Aspirants can either join coaching centres or opt for self-study. They can also refer to various administrative service topper interview to know how they cracked the examination. Take reference from their strategies and prepare own strategy.
Tip #3: Studying for hours regularly is good. However, candidates must note that testing the knowledge is as important as studying. This helps them to note down some important topics, get to know questions that are repeated and much more. USe previous year question papers and mock tests to practise.
Odisha Civil Services Vacancy Details
|S.no||Posts/ Services||Total no. of Vacancy|
|1.||Odisha Administrative Service, Group- A (JB)||137|
|2.||Odisha Police Service, Group- A (JB)||06|
|3.||Odisha Finance Service, Group- A (JB)||104|
|S.no.||Posts/ Services||Total no. of Vacancy|
|1.||Odisha Co-operative Service (ARCS/ AGCS), Group- B||08|
|2.||Odisha Revenue Service, Group- B||74|
|3.||Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service, Group- B||63|
Odisha Civil Services Answer Key 2020-2021
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC), releases the answer keys of prelims and mains exams on the official website. It is useful to go through officially released Odisha Civil Services Answer Keys to determine estimated marks and get an idea of chances of selection. Answer key to Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 contains the correct answers to all questions asked in the exam. Candidates can calculate the raw score from the answer key and candidates always refer to the official answer key that is released by the OPSC.
Odisha Civil Services 2020-2021 Result
Candidates can check the result for all the stages of the OPSC OCS 2020-2021 exam in the online mode. It should be noted that the separate results are announced for the different stages of the recruitment process. The result of the recruitment exam is released in the PDF format. So candidates are able to check their personal scores by entering their unique registration id & date of birth on the portal. The final result for the state recruitment exam is announced after the final personal interview round.
Physical Standards for OCS 2020-2021
Candidates should know that they have to fulfill various standards that is set by the officials. The standards are height, chest girth to qualify for the Odisha Police Service. Candidates can refer to the table below to get an idea about the set norms. Also go through the advertisement that is released by OPSC to know detailed information about the physical standards.
|Men (UR/SESB/SC)||165 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Men (ST)||160 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Women (UR/SESB/SC)||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
|Women (ST)||145 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is the state agency and it was established in 1949. It is authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various civil services of Odisha. They select the candidates on the basis of the entrance examination. OPSC conducts the entrance examination for recruitment. There are many stages to become part of the OPSC. The first is Pre-exam then main exam and final selection are on the basis of personal interview. Those candidates fulfil the eligibility only they get a chance else they get disqualified from the process.
Official Website: opsconline.gov.in
To know more details about Odisha Civil Services Examination 2020-2021 – Download Information Brochure
To know more details about Odisha Civil Services Examination 2019 – Download Information Brochure
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques: When can I submit online application for a particular examination? Can I apply any time during the year for a particular examination?
Ans: An applicant can apply for a particular examination within the time limit prescribed in the notification/advertisement released by OPSC. After the time duration the link for fill-up the application will not be available.
Ques: Is there any other bank in addition to SBI where fee can be deposited by cash?
Ans: No, the fee should be deposited in cash only in any branch of State Bank of India.
Ques: What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Ans: The delay in accessing the Page depends upon various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time, etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the page for registration promptly, please retry after some time or during off-peak hours.