SSC MTS 2020: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) releases the notification for Multi-Tasking Service (non-technical) online at ssc.nic.in. SSC MTS Application Form 2020 starts online from June 2, 2020. Applicants’ who wish to join SSC MTS must have passed 10th standard or matriculate from a recognized board. For the selection under SSC MTS, aspirants have to go through 03 stages of selection – Tier 1, Tier 2 and Document verification. For further details, related to SSC MTS 2020 including the process to apply, eligibility, admit card below.
SSC MTS 2020
The examination for Multi Tasking Staff (Includes the Group C posts), is conducted by Staff Selection Commission. Check important dates related to SSC MTS 2020 in the table below.
|SSC MTS 2020||Important Dates|
|Release date of notification||2 June 2020|
|Start date for the application||2 June 2020|
|Last date to apply for SSC MTS 2020||15 July 2020|
|Issuance of the admit card||To be announced|
|SSC MTS 2020 exam date||26 Oct 2020 to 13 Nov 2020|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Job Profile of SSC MTS
Each year, SSC conducts various examination to fulfil the dream of several aspirants of joining the government sector. One of the major exam conducted by SSC is the Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) exam. However, several candidates are appearing for the first time for this examination. To give an overview of the job profile, below is the comprehensive details about the job profile of SSC MTS.
- Posts that are covered under SSC MTS are as follows: Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Chowkidar, Farash, Mali.
- Pay Band: Pay band 1 (Rs.5200/- to Rs.20,200/-) + Grade Pay Rs. 1800/-.
- General Cleaning
- Physical Maintainece of records of a section
- Carrying files and papers
- Photocopying, FAX, etc
- Opening and closing rooms
- Driving vehicles if in possession of a driving license
- and other rather work given by superior authority
SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus
To be able to select for SSC MTS 2020, candidates should start preparing for the examination from now. For that, aspirants can have a look at the SSC MTS 2020 syllabus.
- General intelligence and reasoning: Questions asked are of non-verbal types like coding and decoding, problem-solving, figure classification, etc.
- English language: Questions are designed to test the comprehension ability of the candidate. Vocabulary, grammar, synonyms and antonyms, etc will be asked.
- Numerical ability: Mostly questions are based on the arithmetic section like number system, time and distance, time and work, etc.
- General awareness: There is no fixed syllabus for this section. Aspirants can prepare some common topics like history, geography, general polity, physics, chemistry, biology etc of matriculating level.
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Pattern
Here is the exam pattern for paper I for SSC MTS 2020. With the exam pattern, aspirants can have a clear knowledge about various aspects of examination such as weightage of different section, time duration, marking scheme.
- Mode of examination: Paper I for SSC MTS is conducted online.
- Duration of examination: Paper I is conducted for 90 minutes.
- Type of question: It consists objective type question, multiple choice question only.
- Maximum marks: 100 marks for paper I.
- Total questions: Paper I have 100 questions.
- Language of the question paper: Question paper is available in both Hindi and English languages.
- Marking scheme:
|Answers marks||Marking scheme|
|Correct answers||+1 marks|
|Incorrect answers||-0.25 marks|
- Distribution of question:
|Subject||Number of question||Maximum marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
SSC MTS Application Form 2020
SSC releases the application form for MTS 2020 online at the official website. Before starting with the application procedure, it is crucial to register. Follow the steps mentioned below to register and fill the SSC MTS Application Form.
Step1: Visit the SSC website, ssc.nic.in.
Step 2: Click on the link ‘New user? Register now’ tab.
Step 3: Now, aspirants asked to enter details like name, date of birth, mobile number, father’s name, mother’s name, year of passing 10th, etc.
Step 4: Click on the submit button.
Step 5: Login again with the login credentials provided through mobile number. Start filling the application form.
Step 6: Now, aspirants are asked to enter their educational details, and upload the images.
Step 7: Pay the application fee and complete the application process.
SSC provides candidates to pay the application fee through online as well offline mode. Check the application fee below.
|SC/ST/Women/Ex-servicemen||No fee to be paid by the candidates of these categories.|
SSC MTS 2020 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2020 below. Candidature of the candidate is liable for cancellation if found ineligible for the post in any stage.
- Lower age limit for SSC MTS is 18 years whereas the upper age limit is 25 years and 27 years (as per recruitment rules of various user departments).
- Applicant must have passed matriculation examination or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
SSC MTS Admit Card 2020
SSC releases the admit card for MTS online at the official website, ssc.nic.in. Candidates can download the SSC MTS 2020 admit card with the help of their user id and password provided at the time of registration. Do not forget to carry admit card to the examination centre along with a valid photo ID proof like aadhar card, voter card, PAN card, etc. Some important details are conveyed to aspirants through SSC MTS admit card. Details which are present in the admit card are the name of the applicant, examination centre, examination time and date and day.
SSC MTS Answer Key 2020
An answer key for Paper I is made available to the candidates after the examination at SSC website, ssc.nic.in. It can be downloaded by using the registration id and password. Candidates are given an opportunity to raise an objection against the SSC MTS answer key. Within the stipulated time candidates can raise an objection against. Once the objection is raised, the commission scrutinizes the objections and release the final answer key. The result for MTS is determined by SSC MTS final answer key itself.
SSC MTS Result 2020
The declaration of the result for SSC MTS 2020 takes place online at ssc.nic.in. To check result for MTS candidates, have to visit the website and download the result PDF. Candidates can check whether they have qualified for the exam using their roll number. The final result is declared as per age group-wise, state/UT wise, category wise cutoff. Details which are present on the SSC MTS result are candidate’s name, date of birth, father’s name, category, ranking, score. Once a candidate qualifies paper I then he/she is called for paper II which is descriptive examination.
SSC MTS 2020 Selection Procedure
Selection for SSC MTS 2020 will be done in three stages
1. Paper I which is a computer based examination.
2. Paper II which is descriptive examination.
3. Document verification.
After qualifying paper I and attaining the minimum qualifying marks, candidates are shortlisted for paper II. Normalized scores are used to shortlist candidates for paper II. Paper II is qualifying in nature. After paper II, shortlisted candidates are called for document verification round. Final selection and allocation of state/UT is done on the basis of candidates’ performance in paper I. Final result is prepared as per reservation rules by the Government of India.
Staff Selection Commission, commonly known as SSC, is an organization under the Government of India. Main aim of SSC is to recruit staff for various posts for various governmental departments and ministries. SSC was formed in the year 1975; 43 years ago. SSC consists of one chairman, two members and a secretary-cum-controller of examination conducted by SSC. Current chairman of SSC is Sujata Chaturvedi, who is an I.A.S, and has joined SSC as a chairman recently. Examinations conducted by SSC are CHSL, CGL, GD constable, MTS, CPO, etc.
Official website: ssc.nic.in
SSC MTS Archives
Check the archives for SSC MTS 2017, 2018 and 2019 below.
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for SSC MTS 2020 online through the SSC website. You have provide your personal details as per your certificates.
Ans : Important details present on the admit card will be the name of the candidate, examination venue and its complete address, date and time of SSC MTS exam.
Ans : If your admit card is not available at the SSC website, candidates are advised to contact SSC commission immediately to avoid any glitches in the future.
Ans : Yes. Candidates can raise an objection against the incorrect answers in the answer key with proper justification.
Ans : While filling the application form, candidates have to select at least 3 cities as their examination cities. They should in order of your preference.