WBCS 2022 Notification: The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBCS) has released the WBCS 2022 Notification pdf on February 26, 2022 at wbpsc.gov.in. According to the official notification, the application form process will start from March 03, 2022 at the official website. The last date to apply for WBCS 2022 is March 24, 2022. Candidates who find the discrepancy in the application form can do the correction from April 01, 2022 to 07, 2022. WBCS 2022 preliminary exam is scheduled to be held in May 2022. To know more about WBCS 2022 Notification read the complete article.
WBCS 2022 Notification
The WBCS examination is the recruitment of candidates to the Group A posts i.e. Provincial Civil Services. It is one of the biggest opportunities for candidates of West Bengal. Have a look at the dates table to know more about WBCS Notification 2022:
|WBCS Notification 2022||Important Dates|
|Commencement of filling the WBCS application form||03 Mar 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||24 Mar 2022|
|Correction window||01 Apr 2022 – 07 Apr 2022.|
Download here: Click here to download WBCS 2022 Notification PDF.
WBCS 2022 Notification – Eligibility Criteria
The WBCS Eligibility Criteria are detailed in the following sentences:
- A degree of a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali.
- 21 years but not more than 36 years
- West Bengal Police Service (Group ‘B’ Service)- The minimum height requirement is 1.65 metres for male candidates and 1.50 metres for female candidates subject to relaxation in the case of candidates belonging to races such as Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese Tribes etc. Candidates intending to be considered for this Group must indicate their height in the appropriate column of the application form.
- A citizen of India (either natural or by registration), or
- Such other nationals as declared eligible by the Govt. of India.
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
WBCS Admit Card 2022
The WBCS Admit Card releases on the official website of wbpsc.gov.in. The admit card can be downloaded using Registration ID and Password. The WBCS Admit Card consists of important information about the applicants such as the candidate’s name, test center, exam pattern, exam venue, etc. The WBCS Admit Card releases 2 weeks before the examination.
Know steps to download WBCS Admit Card 2022:
- Visit the official website wbpsc.gov.in
- Click on the notification which says ‘West Bengal Civil Service 2022’.
- Candidate will be directed to another page
- Then, candidates have to enter their login credentials etc.
- Now you have to click on ‘submit option’
- Your admit card will be displayed on screen. Download your admit card for future purposes.
WBCS Notification 2022 – Exam Pattern
The WBCS Exam is divided into three stages: Prelims, Main and Interview. The WBCS Preliminary Exam Pattern is detailed below:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Paper Type: Objective
- Subject: General Studies
- Total Marks: 200 marks
- Negative Marking: ⅓ marks
- Time Duration: 3 hours
|Exam||Subject||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|Preliminary examination||General Studies||200 marks||⅓ marks|
The Mains Exam consists of a total of 6 papers and one optional subject paper. Each paper will carry 200 marks. The duration for each exam is 3 hours. The detailed exam pattern according to each group is given below:
|Subject||Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks|
|English||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks|
|General Studies-I||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks|
|General Studies-II||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks|
|The Constitution of India and Indian Economy|
including role andfunctions of the Reserve Bank of India.
|200 marks||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks|
|Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – One subject to be chosen,|
Two papers of 200 marks each.
|400 marks||400 marks||–||–|
|Personality Test||200 marks||200 marks||150 marks||100 marks|
WBCS Selection Process
In the West Bengal Public Service (WBCS) the candidates are selected in three stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
1) The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on “General Studies”. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University.
2) The Main Examination shall consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject consisting of two papers to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
3) A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D shall have to appear at a Personality Test.
Ans: The application form can be filled from 03 Mar 2022 to 24 Mar 2022.
Ans: General/OBC: Rs. 210/- and SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
Ans: The WBCS Application form can be filled in online mode.
Ans: Applicant should be 21 years but not more than 36 years, applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree and have the Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali.
Ans: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.