UPSC IES ISS 2020: The UPSC IES ISS 2021 application form is now available online at upsc.gov.in. Candidates can submit their applications for Indian Statistical Service and Indian Economic Service is April 27, 2021. Also, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the IES ISS 2021 Notification. This year, the conducting body has announced 26 vacancies for the IES ISS exam 2021. The UPSC IES ISS 2021 Prelims Exam is scheduled for July 16, 2021. Candidates are selected based on the written examination and interview round. Get all the information related to UPSC IES ISS 2021 including the process of application, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and admit card here.
Latest: UPSC IES ISS 2021 Notification & Application Form is now available. Click here to apply.
UPSC IES ISS 2021
The number of vacancies to be filled by the UPSC Indian Statistical Service Examination is 11 and a total of 15 vacancies to be filled by the UPSC for Indian Economic Service (IES). Check important dates related to UPSC IES ISS 2021 in the table below.
|Release date of Notification||07 Apr 2021|
|Start date of online application||07 Apr 2021|
|Last date to apply online||27 Apr 2021|
|Application Form Withdrawal||04 May to 10 May 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|Commencement of exam||16 Jul 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
Overview of UPSC IES ISS
We have provided all the important details of the UPSC IES ISS exam here in this article. The examination for UPSC IES ISS examination is conducted every year. However, before going through the details, here is a quick overview of UPSC IES ISS exam for the convenience of our readers.
|Name of Exam||Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Last Conducted in||2020|
|Minimum Eligibility||Post Graduation/Graduation|
|Key Stages||Written Examination|
|Exam Fees||Rs 200/-|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Notification
The official notification for UPSC IES ISS exam is now available. Check the snapshot of the notification below to get the direct link for IES ISS 2021 notification.
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
One must take care to review the eligibility conditions before applying for the UPSC IES ISS 2021. The complete eligibility conditions are indicated through the official notification. Candidates can check out the minimum eligibility conditions of IES ISS 2021 here below.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics as one of the subjects
- Candidate has a Master’s degree in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the State or Central Legislature in India or its equivalent.
- Aspirants must have a post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.
- Candidate must be of the minimum age of 21 years and a maximum of 30 years.
- Candidates physical fitness is decided as per the prescribed physical standards for IES ISS 2021.
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Application Form
Application form for UPSC IES ISS can be submitted online through the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in. While filling out the application form, candidates need to enter the details like personal information, educational details, choose examination center, upload scanned photographs, scanned signature, deposit fee, etc. One must make sure that they fill up and submit only one application form. If by any chance, multiple forms are submitted then the form with the highest Registration ID (RID) is considered. One must note that only completely filled up application forms are accepted by the Commission.
Although applying online through the official website is a fairly easy task, we provide here a simple step by step guide to apply online for UPSC IES ISS 2021.
#1: Go to the official UPSC website at upsc.gov.in
#2: Click on the “Apply Online” button
#3: Click on the link to apply for UPSC IES ISS 2021
#4: Register using email id and mobile number:
#5: Fill up the UPSC IES ISS 2021 Application Form.
#6: Make the payment of fees using the available modes.
#7: Review the information and click on submit to finalize.
Application fee can be paid with either online mode or offline mode. Application fee for different categories can be checked below
- SC or ST or Persons with Benchmark Disability are exempted from payment of fee.
- Female candidates are exempted from application fee.
- Others (Unreserved, OBC, EWS) have to pay application fee of Rs. 200/-.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay application fee of UPSC IES ISS 2021 by online as well as offline mode.
- Online mode: Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI
- Offline mode: Remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates check the list of exam centres given in the table below.
Preparation Tips For IES ISS 2021
One must start preparing in time to complete the syllabus of UPSC IES ISS 2021 before the exam. Furthermore, revision time should be reserved during the last few days. Therefore, we have provided some important tips to make preparations for the UPSC IES ISS 2021 at the next level. Read on to find out.
#1: At first devise a study plan by referring to the syllabus. Leave enough time for last-minute revisions.
#2: Acquire sufficient learning resources such as previous year papers, mock tests, guides, and questions banks.
#3: Clear out basic concepts from each subject with time in hand.
#4: Take short notes. These will later serve as quick notes to revise from.
#5: Study from previous year papers to get questions commonly repeated over the years.
#6: Solve mock tests to get an idea of the exam and improve time management.
#7: Reserve time for revisions, Revise topics on a regular basis
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Syllabus
Check syllabus for UPSC IES ISS 2021 here. General English and general studies are common subjects in all the papers (IES and ISS).
- General English
- Write essays in English Language, Questions to check the candidate’s comprehension power.
- General Studies
- General knowledge, current affairs, Current events and their effects on everyday life, Indian polity, History, Geography, Constitution of India.
- GENERAL ECONOMICS – I
- Part A – Theory of Consumer’s Demand, Theory of production, Theory of Value, Theory of Distribution, Welfare economics.
- Part B (Quantitative methods in Economics) – Mathematical Methods in Economics, Statistical and Econometric Methods.
- GENERAL ECONOMICS – II
- Economic thought, Concept of National Income and Social Accounting, Theory of employment, Output, Inflation, Money and Finance, Financial and Capital Market, Economic Growth and Development, International Economics, Balance of Payments, Global Institutions
- GENERAL ECONOMICS – III
- Public Finance, Environmental Economics, Industrial Economics, State, Market and Planning.
- INDIAN ECONOMICS
- History of development and planning, Money and Banking, Inflation, Federal Finance, Budgeting and Fiscal Policy, Poverty, Unemployment and Human Development, Foreign Trade, Industry: Strategy of industrial development, Labour, Agriculture and Rural Development Strategies, India’s experience with Urbanisation and Migration
- STATISTICS-I (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
- Probability, Numerical Analysis, Computer application and Data Processing, Statistical Methods.
- STATISTICS- II (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
- Official Statistics, Linear Models, Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing.
- STATISTICS- III (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
- Econometrics, Sampling Techniques, Applied Statistics.
- STATISTICS-IV (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
- Survival Analysis and Clinical Trial, Operations Research and Reliability, Demography and Vital Statistics, Design and Analysis of Experiments, Computing with C and R, Quality Control, Multivariate Analysis.
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Exam Pattern
The examination is conducted as two parts – Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 is written examination and part 2 is Viva Voce or interview.
Part 1 – Written Examination
|General English||100||3 hours|
|General Studies||100||3 hours|
|Statistics-I (Objective)||200||2 hours|
|Statistics-II (Objective)||200||2 hours|
|Statistics-III (Descriptive)||200||3 hours|
|Statistics-IV (Descriptive)||200||3 hours|
|General English||100||3 hours|
|General Studies||100||3 hours|
|General Economics-I||200||3 hours|
|General Economics-II||200||3 hours|
|General Economics-III||200||3 hours|
|Indian Economics||200||3 hours|
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Admit Card
UPSC ISS Admit card or e-admission certificate is issued to a candidate 3 weeks before the commencement of the exam. Candidates can download their respective admit card from the official website of UPSC, upsconline.nic.in. No admit card is sent via post to the candidate. To download admit card, candidates require their RID (Registration ID) and date of birth or roll number and date of birth or name , father’s name and date of birth. Details present on the admit card are the roll number, applicant’s name, examination centre. In case of any discrepancy, candidates are advised to contact the commission. Also, keep your admit card safe for future as it is required at the time of verification.
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Selection Procedure
Selection for UPSC IES ISS 2021 is done in two rounds. Those two rounds are
- Written examination.
- Interview test.
Both the rounds are qualifying in nature. Also, selection in all the stages is provisional and final selection done only on the basis of verification of eligibility. Candidates should make sure that they are eligible for admission to the examination. If on verification, candidate is not found eligible then, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Answer Key
Answer key for UPSC IES ISS 2021 releases online at the UPSC official website. To download UPSC IES ISS 2021 Answer, candidates have to visit the website and simply download the answer key given in PDF format. The UPSC Indian Statistical Service answer key is an important document to download as it helps the candidate to calculate their approximate score. They can also consider the marking scheme provided on this page to calculate their scores. For each incorrect answer, one third marks i.e 0.33 marks are deducted. Compare the estimate scores with UPSC IES ISS cut off mark to know whether candidates qualify the examination or not.
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Result
UPSC IES ISS 2021 Result declares in the UPSC official website, upsc.gov.in. The result is prepared in the merit list form. Names of only those candidates are on the list who have qualified the minimum qualifying marks. With the help of answer keys are result prepared.
Candidates are allowed to appear for the interview round only if the name of the candidate is on the merit list. When a candidate is selected for the interview round, they will be asked to submit Detailed Application Form (DAF) online. The interview letter are issued online. Candidates have to carry original documents with them at the time of the interview round.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) was formed in the year 1923. UPSC is India’s recruiting agency. Commission is headquartered in Dholpur house at New Delhi. It conducts examination for All India Services and Group A and Group B of Civil services. Its consultation required at the time of promotion, Transfer, appointment , disciplinary matters by the Government. Arvind saxena is the commission executive of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
For more information regarding UPSC IES ISS 2020
- UPSC IES 2020
- UPSC ISS 2020
UPSC IES ISS Archives
Check archives for UPSC IES ISS 2018 Exam and UPSC IES ISS 2019 Exam below.
Ans : For candidates belonging to SC or ST or Persons with Benchmark Disability are exempted from fee payment while others have to pay Rs.200/-.
Ans : First candidates have to qualify the written examination and then he/she will be called for interview round.
Ans. This year, UPSC has announced 11 vacancies for Indian Statistical Service Examination and a total of 15 vacancies to be filled by the UPSC for Indian Economic Service (IES)