Union Public Service Commission releases UPSC cut off on their official website, upsc.gov.in. The cut-off of a UPSC exam is released once the UPSC result of that exam is declared. UPSC always releases the cutoff of any exam category-wise. The exam occurs in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview and the cut-offs of all three are also released stage wise. If the obtained marks of an aspirant are more than or equal to the cutoff of his category, the candidate is only then eligible for the further rounds of that exam. Read this article to get all the important details regarding the cutoff of any UPSC exam.
UPSC Cut Off Marks
Cutoff marks are set by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to shortlist the deserving candidates for the next rounds. Candidates can directly check the minimum qualifying marks of any exam from the below provided links:
|CISFACs (Executive) LDC Examination||Click here|
|Indian Forest Service Examination||Click here|
|CDS Examination||Click here|
|IES /ISS Examination||Click here|
|Engineering Services Examination||Click here|
|Geologists’ Examination||Click here|
|Combined Medical Examination||Click here|
|NDA & NA Examination||Click here|
|Civil Services Examination||Click here|
|CAPF (ACs) Examination||Click here|
How to Check UPSC Cut-off Marks?
Candidates can follow these steps to check the cut-off marks from the official website:
- First, visit the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in
- Click on the “Examination” tab and you will see a list containing various sections regarding UPSC exams.
- Click on the “Cut-off marks” section, a new page will appear containing cut-off pdfs of all the exams conducted by UPSC.
- Search the name of your exam in the search box.
- Then, click on the download link, the cut-off pdf will open which you will be able to download.
Factors affecting UPSC Cut-off Marks
There are some important influential parameters by which the final Cutoff of any UPSC exam is decided. These baseline factors affect the cut-offs every year which make the cut-off go high or low. These factors are stated below:
- Number of aspirants participating
- Vacancies available for the post
- Difficulty level of the examination
- Previous year cutoff trends
- Average performance
- Lowest and average marks in the main examination.
Significance of UPSC Cut-off Marks
UPSC uses the cutoff to filter out the creamy layer of aspirants from lakhs of candidates.
- The UPSC Cutoff helps a candidate to know whether they have qualified that stage/exam or not.
- But what if the final cutoff is not released yet?
- In that case aspirants may use the expected cut-off or observe the trends followed in the previous years to estimate whether they have qualified for further rounds or not.
- Aspirants can also compare the expected cutoff marks to know what postings under the exam they might get selected for based on the marks they have scored.
Union Public Service Commission is India’s central agency which has been established under Article 315 of the constitution of India. It is formed to conduct exams to recruit suitable candidates for the major services like Indian Administrative Services, Indian Police Services, and Indian Forest Services. Besides these three, UPSC also conducts recruitment examinations for the defense personnel, NDA and CDS examination and also exams like IES, CAPF, SO/ Steno, CISF AC(EXE) LDCE, IES/ ISS, Geoscientist/ Geologist examinations. Candidates can get all official announcements at upsc.gov.in. The minimal eligibility required by an aspirant to appear for any one of the examinations conducted is a Bachelor’s degree. There may be some additional eligibility criteria depending upon the post aspirant wishes to apply for.