UPSC IAS 2018 – Union Public Service Commision (UPSC) has given the IAS Main Admit Card on upsc.gov.in. The IAS Admit Card is out on September 11, 2018. The mian exams are going to conduct the UPSC IAS Main Exam on September 28, 29, 30 and October 06, 07, 2018. The qualifiers of prelims are now able to sit for the main exam. The main exam is descriptive in nature, The exam will take place for 5 days. The candidates who will appear in the exam will able to check the main exam result. The candidates can get the detailed information regarding the UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2018 from this page.
Latest: The IAS Main Admit Card is available. Click here to download the admit card.
UPSC IAS Exam 2018
The candidates who will get through Prelims, Main and Interview round will be selected for the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and other posts of Group ‘A’. The candidates can check the important dates related to UPSC Civil Services IAS 2018 from the table below.
|Commencement of Application Form for prelim Exam||07 Feb 2018|
|Last date for Receipt of Application Form||06 Mar 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card for UPSC IAS 2018 Pre Exam||07 May 2018|
|Date of UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Preliminary Exam||03 Jun 2018|
|UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Preliminary Exam Result||14 Jul 2018|
|Candidates can fill the DAF||23 Jul to 06 Aug 2018|
|Availability of UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Main Admit Card||11 Sep 2018|
|Date of UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Main Exam||28, 29, 30 Sep & 06, 07 Oct 2018|
|UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2017 Main Exam Result||Jan 2018|
The vacancies for IAS are 782 including 32 vacancies reserved for P.H. category (09 vacancies for LDCP, 13 vacancies for B/LV and 08 vacancies for H.I. and 02 vacancies for multiple disabilities).
Admit Card of UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam
UPSC has conducted the prelims exam, now it has released the admit card of the main examination for conducting the exam in the given schedule. The qualifiers of the prelims exam can download the admit card for mian exam. UPSC has activated the link on upsc.gov.in. The candidates can use either Registration Number / Roll number and Date of Birth for downloading the admit card.
Like prelims and mains, it will release the admit card for an interview with the similar procedure.
Exam Time Table for UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018
UPSC has released the exam time table for Civil services. The examination will conduct for 05 days. Get here complete details of timetable in given pdf.
IAS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the candidates for UPSC IAS Exam is given below.
Nationality: The candidates can check the information regarding the nationality clause from the points given below.
- The candidate must be the citizen of India for the Indian Administrative service and Indian Poice Service.
- For the other posts, the candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who had settled in India before January 01, 1962 or
- a permanently settled person in India of Indian Origin Person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, Srilanka, East African Countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Note: The candidates who belong to Nepal, Bhutan and are Refugees must have a certificate of eligibility issued by Government of India. The eligibility certificate is not compulsory at the time of exam but the candidates must have the certificate at the time of appointment.
Age Limit: The age limit for the candidates can be checked from the points given below.
- The age of the candidates must be between 21 and 32 years on August 01, 2018.
- The relaxation in the upper limit of the age can be seen as:
- If the candidate belongs to SC/ST Caste then the relaxation will be up to 5 years.
- For the other backward categories, the relaxation will be maxed 3 years.
- If the candidate had the domicile in State of Jammu & Kasmir during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989, then the relaxation will be of 5 years.
- Up to 3 years in case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country.
- In the case of Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers, ECO/SSCO who have given the service for at least 5 years in Military on August 01, 2018, they will get max 5 years of relaxation.
- In case of ECO/SSCO who have completed the service of initial period and whose assignment has been extended for 5 years will get the relaxation of 5 years.
- In the case of blind, hearing impaired and orthopedically disabled persons, the relaxation of 10 years will be given.
Note-I: The SC/ST/OBC Candidates belonging to any other clause as ex-servicemen, domiciled in J&K or physically disabled will be granted cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
Note-II: The candidates are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, will be considered in Ex-Servicemen Category.
Note-III: The Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs will not be given age relaxation under the 2. (5) & 2.(6) rule.
Note-IV: If the candidates will satisfy the requirement of Physical and Medical Standards for the concerned service/post, he/she will be considered to eligible for the appointment.
The date of birth of the candidates will be considered as mentioned in Matriculation or
Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as
equivalent to Matriculation or in the Register of Matriculates maintained by a
University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the
Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates will be required at the time of applying for the civil services.
Note-I: The date of birth of the candidates will be considered as mentioned in the matriculation certificate or the equivalent certificate. There will not be granted any request to change the dob.
Note-II: After submitting the proof of dob, any changes in it will not be considered.
Note-III: The candidates are advised to fill the correct dob at the time of filling up the online application form. If there would be any incorrect details then the candidature will be cancelled.
Educational Qualification: The candidate must have the degree of any of Universities included by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions confirmed by an Act of Parliament or it will be considered as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Note-I: The candidates who will not have the result of the appearing exam (which would render them educationally qualified) will lead them to the admission in the prelim exam will also be eligible for the prelim exam. The candidates who will be declared eligible by the commission for the main exam will have to submit the proof of passing the requisite exam.
Note-II: If the candidates have passed the exam organized by any other institution and the exam will justify the rules made for the admission of the candidate in the civil service exam, then the candidate will be eligible.
Note-III: If the candidate is having any professional and technical qualification recognized by the Government equivalent to the eligible degree for the admission to the exam then the candidate will be eligible.
Note-IV: If the candidate has passed the MBBS or any other medical exam and he/she has not completed the internship then the candidate will have to submit the certificate by the respective authority that they had passed the requisite professional medical exam.
Number of Attempts: The candidates can check the number of attempts for IAS 2018 from the points given below.
- The candidate who is eligible to appear for the exam shall be provided 6 attempts for the exam. This restriction is not permissible for the SC/ST candidates.
- The OBC category candidates will be granted 9 attempts for the exam.
- The physically handicapped candidates of General category will be provided 9 attempts whereas for the other physically handicapped candidates will be given as many attempts as given to the non-physically handicapped candidate of that community.
Note: The candidates must check the information given below.
- If the candidate is attempting the prelim exam, then it will be counted as one attempt to civil services exam.
- If the candidate will appear for any one paper of prelim exam, then it will be considered as one attempt to civil services exam.
- If any candidate will be disqualified from the exam, then it will be added to his/her attempt.
Restriction on Applying for the Exam: These are the following restrictions for the candidates at the time of applying:
- If any candidate who had appointed for the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the basis of the result of the earlier exam and he/she is again giving the exam, then they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- If the candidate has been appointed as IAS/IFS after the prelim exam and he/she has continued to the service, so they are not eligible for the main exam.
- If the candidate has been appointed as IAS/IFS after the main exam and he/she has continued to the service, so they not be appointed to any service/post on the basis of the result of this examination
Physical Standards: The candidates must be physically fit under the standard given in the Appendix-III of rules for the examination.
UPSC IAS 2018 Application Process
The candidate had to go to the official website to apply for UPSC IAS 2018. There was the detailed information available on the website related to the application. The candidates were advised to fill the application form only once but if there is more than one application then the application with higher RID is considered. The application with higher RID should have been completed with respect to application details, exam center, photo, sign, fee etc. The fee paid with one RID was not considered for the second RID.
The candidates who are already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertaking and or other similar organizations had to submit their application directly to the commission.
The candidates who are already in Government service whether on temporary or permanent basis had to submit an undertaking of informing in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
The application fee for IAS 2018 Exam was Rs.100/- Rupees One Hundred only except SC/ST/ Female/Physically Handicapped candidates.
Mode of Payment: The candidates chose their mode of payment according to their convenience. There were the modes of payment given in the points below.
- By Cash in any branch of SBI.
- By Net Banking.
- By Debit Card / Credit Card.
UPSC IAS 2018 Examination Pattern
The candidates will have to appear in the three exams for the selection of UPSC IAS 2018 recruitment. The details are given below.
Preliminary Exam: The Prelim Exam was a screening test for the candidates. The prelim exam consisted of two papers. General Studies Paper-I and General Studies Paper-II. The total marks for the prelim exam were 400. The candidates who scored minimum qualifying marks 33% in the General Studies Paper-II and total qualifying marks in the General Studies Paper-I shortlisted by the commission for the main exam. The marks of the prelim exam will not play any role in making the final Merit List. The points related to the prelim exam are as given.
- Total Marks were 400.
- There was a negative marking of 1/3 i.e. 0.33 for any wrong answer.
- If the candidate gave more than one answer then that answer assumed as the wrong answer.
- There was no penalty for the unattempted question.
Main Exam: The main exam will include the written exam as well as the interview round. The written exam will consist of 9 tests. The details regarding the written exam can be seen from the table below.
The candidates who will get maximum marks and will get the good score in Interview will be selected for the various posts.
Click here to know more details about the exam pattern.
UPSC IAS 2018 Result
First, the result for the prelim exam will be released. On the basis of the prelim exam, the candidates will be shortlisted for the main exam. The main exam will consist of written test and the interview. Then the result of the written test will be released. The candidates who will get max marks in written test will be selected for the various posts under UPSC. Prelim exam score will not play any role in making the final merit list. The final result will be in pdf format. There will be the roll numbers of the selected candidates.
Statistical Data CS (Preliminary)
|Year of Exam||No of Candidates Appeared|
Statistical Data – CS (Main)
|Year Of Exam||Vacancies||Candidates Recommended|
IAS Advertisement: Click Here for full advertisement.