UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the Final UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Result at upsc.gov.in. on January 30, 2019. The result is containing the roll number and name of qualified candidates. The final result is based on the Combined geoscientists and Geologist Examination 2018 Result and Personality Test Result. In order to be selected for the Geologist and Geoscientist, the candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in all the stages of the exam. Check more details about UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam on this page.
UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
The result for the written examination was released on September 20, 2018. All the candidates who have qualified the exam have to fill the form if they want to appear in the personality test. It is mandatory to fill the DAF if they want to appear in the interview round.
|UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam||Important Date|
|Start Date for Receipt of Applications||21 Mar 2018|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||16 Apr 2018 (Till 6:00 PM)|
|The release of Admit card||11 Jun 2018|
|Exam Date||29 Jun to 01 Jul 2018|
|Result Date||20 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of DAF||12 Oct 2018|
|Last date to submit DAF||26 Oct 2018|
|Final Result||30 Jan 2019|
Result of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
Result for the Union Public service commission Geologist & Geoscientist Post has announced for written examination.The written test consists of 700 marks while the personality test comprises of 200 marks. So while preparing the final merit list the candidate’s marks has been calculated for both of the rounds.
Application Process of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018
After conduction of the written examination, the Commission has released the Detailed Application form for all the qualifiers of written examination. This step is important if candidates want to appear in the personality test. The application forms are available online on the website of UPSC. The candidates have to fill the application form before the deadline.
Eligibility of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018
Union Public service commission has released the eligibility for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist in the recent notification. Check the eligibility for the same below.
Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the January 01, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from countries Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For the post of Geologist & Geoscientist age should not be less than 21 and more than 32 as on January 01, 2018 ie born between January 02, 1986 and January 01, 1997.
- Age criterion is relaxed up to 7 years for the Government employees working in the Geological Survey of India and have applied for the post of Geologist Group ‘A’ and Geophysicist Group ‘ A’.
- For SC/ST Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- For OBC Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 3 years
- For domiciled J&K Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years(January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989)
- For Ex-Serviceman Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- For ECOs/SSCOs Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- For Physically Handicapped Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 10 years( blindness and low vision, deaf and hard of hearing, locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured,
dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, autism, intellectual disability, specific
learning disability and mental illness)
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India, a candidate should have Master degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university
- For Geophysicist Gr ‘A ‘ in Geological Survey of India, a candidate should have M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Admit Card for UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
Union Public service commission released the admit card for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist three weeks before the Date of Examination. Candidates needed to download the admit card online from the official website available below. After downloading the admit card candidates were required to take the print out of the same and keep the copy of it for future reference in case it is not available on the website later to download. No, Admit cards were not sent to candidates by post.
Exam Pattern of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018
Check the exam pattern for the for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist below.
|For the post of Geologist (3 Hrs)|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper III||200 Marks|
|For the post of Geophysicist (3Hrs)|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper III||200 Marks|
Syllabus of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
Union Public service commission has notified the syllabus for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist. check the syllabus below.