Union Public service commission conducts various functions like an examination for appointments of various services of the union, Direct Recruitment through interviews, advising the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India. Apart from this Union Public Service Commission is an autonomous body along with Judiciary, Election commission etc. The commission is headquartered at Dholpur house, Delhi. UPSC in its latest notice released the notification for the UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam and application form for the same. Candidates who are interested in this post can apply for the UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam and can check the other details like Application Process, Eligibility etc in the article below.
UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam: Date, Notification, Apply Online
For the Post of Geologist & Geoscientist Union, Public service commission has released the eligibility, Application process and syllabus for both the post. Check all the details of the examination below.
|Start Date for Receipt of Applications||21 Mar 2018|
|Duration of Examination||3 days|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||16 Apr 2018(Till 6:00 PM)|
|The release of Admit card||to be announced|
|Exam Date||29 Jun 2018|
|Result Date||to be announced|
Check the quick links for the Application form, admit cards and results.
Union Public service commission has released the eligibility for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist in the recent notification. Check the eligibility for the same below.
Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the January 01, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from countries Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For the post of Geologist & Geoscientist age should not be less than 21 and more than 32 as on January 01, 2018 ie born between January 02, 1986 and January 01, 1997.
- Age criterion is relaxed up to 7 years for the Government employees working in the Geological Survey of India and have applied for the post of Geologist Group ‘A’ and Geophysicist Group ‘ A’.
- For SC/ST Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- For OBC Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 3 years
- For domiciled J&K Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years(January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989)
- For Ex-Serviceman Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- For ECOs/SSCOs Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- For Physically Handicapped Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 10 years( blindness and low vision, deaf and hard of hearing, locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured,
dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, autism, intellectual disability, specific
learning disability and mental illness)
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India, a candidate should have Master degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university
- For Geophysicist Gr ‘A ‘ in Geological Survey of India, a candidate should have M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
The application process for this post will be done online ie Application form needs to be filled on the official website. The application will be done in two steps ie registration and form filling regarding educational qualification, Experience etc. After the successful submission candidates will be later notified about admit cards and results for the same. Candidates are advised to fill the form as soon as possible as seat allotment at the centres will be on First Apply First Allow basis.
Union Public service commission will release the admit card for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist two or three weeks before the Date of Examination. Candidates would need to download the admit card online from the official website available below. After downloading the admit card candidates are required to take the print out of the same and keep the copy of it for future reference in case it is not available on the website later to download. No, Admit cards will be given to candidates by post.
Check the exam pattern for the for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist below.
|For the post of Geologist (3 Hrs)|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper III||200 Marks|
|For the post of Geophysicist (3Hrs)|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper III||200 Marks|
Union Public service commission has notified the syllabus for the post of Geologist & Geoscientist. check the syllabus below.
Result for the Union Public service commission Geologist & Geoscientist Post will be announced soon after the successful completion of a written examination. The result will be declared on the official website mentioned below in the article. After the Written examination, there will be an interview for the post selected by the candidate. Recruitment will be provisional until verification of all the documents ie to satisfy the eligibility mentioned by the UPSC.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
For more information for UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist Post Download Brochure Here